PDA

View Full Version : About Our Recent Win-Back Program

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 03:05 PM
now at support page of trion

TRION WORLDS SUPPORT CENTER
ArcheAge: Our producers are exploring gift options for our currently active players. Please refer to the post from our Producer, Khrolan, for more information.

Burning
I'm getting the level 15 bug on every forum but this one =( I can't voice my opinion on Dolphingate

Same problem for me

JerryBoyle
I'm getting the level 15 bug on every forum but this one =( I can't voice my opinion on Dolphingate
Welcome to mah issue. We were deleveled!

Arumen
Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality.

A tip for next time: NEVER give out the rarest items of your lottery boxes like this. Giving out the lottery boxes themselves is no big deal, but giving out the prize that keeps people buying them is absurd. If you want to give out mounts or gliders, give ones that were direct purchases, and not recent ones. Giving recent ones devalues the money spent by current players; if you give out older ones, they got to have them as exclusives for a while before the influx of gifts.

Mordai
Thts from NCSoft, dont steal their tags.

NCSoft took it from SOE.

Tiomun
Beyond how bad all of this nonsense is. On top of it, Discussing this is all our guild is doing. Arguing over if its ok or not. Personally I don't know how I feel about it, I gave up on buying rng boxes and trying to get items. But I don't disagree with the people who are pissed off at it. This promotion was a major screw up. You don't give away for free items that people who are going insane to try and get. Especially when the rng boxes have such incredibly horrible drop rates.

Neverender
03-19-2015, 03:06 PM
I also just paid $150 for the Archeum Secrets Pack. To see it given away to non-players for free is infuriating. I've also spent quite a bit of money on trying to acquire that Dolphin, no dice. My wife spent equally, if not more, trying to acquire that glider skin. You can guess how many she got.

Now, I understand trying to win-back former players; that's just business. But to give away high-demand, RNG-based items that are still currently in the store is absolutely insulting. Current players *were* still spending their money to attempt to obtain these things. To give away the package of items I just paid a large amount of money for to the same players, is just rubbing salt in the wound.

I don't expect the world, but I am waiting on a response that's going to correct this wrong.

BlackMagic0
I feel like loyal patrons are not appreciated and we should honestly stop paying for patronage at this point. Why continue to pay when I can just wait and get a ♥♥♥♥ ton of free things?!

Honestly if the package they give us paying customers is not the same they're giving out I know for a fact quite a few people will quit this game.

Careby
I'm not sure dolphins for everyone makes any sense. I'd say a combination of loyalty points and marketplace credits might work.

bellairis
03-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Sooooooooo....... Let me get this straight. I spent about two months of hard-earned gold on APEX (that's a lot of my life i'm not getting back)...purchased dolphin boxes, opened and did not get a dolphin on any of them (all the while still being a Patron)........and you're GIVING THEM AWAY to people who haven't even been playing the game!?!??

I want my blue dolphin. Or purple. Or whatever. I don't care what color, I want the dolphin that i feel I've earned.

I even entered in the caption contest!

youtube Jasonwivart
03-19-2015, 03:08 PM
is this the 1st time

the 2nd time

the 3rd time

the 4th time

the 5th time

how many times has it been

how many times someone missed up

every week or 2 weeks we have this

then it just happens again

we have hackers getting their land back

we have a 10% discount disappear

we have head start with out being able to log on because of Q's

we have land hackers for months

we have pay to win

we have our labor cut right before lunch

we have bots , gold seller

god the list goes on and on

and were we go again

Yup these are some of the things I asked about in live chat and nothing was done about it.

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 03:08 PM
I feel like loyal patrons are not appreciated and we should honestly stop paying for patronage at this point. Why continue to pay when I can just wait and get a ♥♥♥♥ ton of free things?!

Honestly if the package they give us paying customers is not the same they're giving out I know for a fact quite a few people will quit this game.

indeed i suspended my 2 patrons my GF also her 2 patrons i just whatsapped my brother he and his wife had also 2 patrons also suspended them right away 8 patrons trion u can kiss goodbye

Kirah
03-19-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure dolphins for everyone makes any sense. I'd say a combination of loyalty points and marketplace credits might work.

How many credits should they give to be on par? Did you look at the content of the package they handed out? The golden teardrop storage chest alone is worth 1862 credits.

Nextactus
03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Difference between you guys and the other companies.

1. They didnt give away stuff that loyal paying players had JUST spent $100's+ trying to get out of a RNG box

2. They give you this pack "IF" you re-activate your paying account. Not just hear have this stuff...

3. Its always junk that no one really cares about but might help someone thats been gone a while to catch back up...things like xp tonics and the like. Or a crappy cheap costume that has been in the cash shop for months upon months and was NOT in a rng box that people spents tons of money to get.

These right here is where you massively screwed up. Overestimating doesnt even begin to cover it.

I will wait patiently for the stuff giving in maximous's screenshot to be sent to me and my girlfriends accounts...and even when that happens it will be a while before we will even think about rng boxes again....

joeydtx
I am all for a compensation of a Bear, Carrot Dash, and costumes!

Condemned Chrispy
What happens to those players who once were patron, who left game, got this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ pack. IS NOW PATRON?

Are they going to get more crap now that they are patron??!?!?!?!

CircularLogic
@Scapes,

Some customer feedback:
The active subscriber give away needs to include at least the same items as you gave to the inactive players to make this right. If your post here was an attempt to "soften the blow" in advance of a lesser give away then I'm afraid that won't work.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:11 PM
400 loyalty points, dolphin on loyalty store for 200, 3 of each lucky, 25 no cooldown 500 lp potions, 5000 credits and a gold archeum secrets pack seems nice, plus a refund for the pack I already bought

Zinzies

Exactly my thoughts, Who is going to want a dolphin mount that everybody has? a good analogy is the costume alpha players got at the start of launch, it no longer looked unique and lost its taste because everybody had one. same thing will happen here if they just give them away, i for one already got a dolphin and it is slower than i can swim, i use it solely for the aesthetic value.

Brightstar
I am all for a compensation of a Bear, Carrot Dash, and costumes!

hell no i want the same stuff they all got that or nothing what must i have a crappy bear for just give same items or the exact value in creds

Lunatuna
03-19-2015, 03:12 PM
This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Time to cancel my sub.

Udro
03-19-2015, 03:12 PM
(Small percent of people coming back) - (Loyal subs with multiple accounts) = math is hard, but it's a Net Loss

Net Loss, Trino, Net Loss

SirenAmber
03-19-2015, 03:13 PM
What happens to those players who once were patron, who left game, got this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ pack. IS NOW PATRON?

That is a really good point...lmao:p

BlackMagic0
03-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Difference between you guys and the other companies.

1. They didnt give away stuff that loyal paying players had JUST spent $100's+ trying to get out of a RNG box

2. They give you this pack "IF" you re-activate your paying account. Not just hear have this stuff...

3. Its always junk that no one really cares about but might help someone thats been gone a while to catch back up...things like xp tonics and the like. Or a crappy cheap costume that has been in the cash shop for months upon months and was NOT in a rng box that people spents tons of money to get.

These right here is where you massively screwed up. Overestimating doesnt even begin to cover it.

I will wait patiently for the stuff giving in maximous's screenshot to be sent to me and my girlfriends accounts...and even when that happens it will be a while before we will even think about rng boxes again....

This man says it right! It's ♥♥♥♥ed up.

And I already cancelled my sub. If I could only get refunded the prepaid days I got.

Khane
03-19-2015, 03:14 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8465111296/hA58E2C38/

Zanderin
03-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I rarely ever post anything but try to read posts when I have time at work and such. I feel that I have to say something even if no one ever bothers to read it or comment on it. This is completely unacceptable. I see a lot of people saying give us what you gave them. Often times I just shake my head or ignore it, but in this instance they are not too far off the mark. I have subscribed to this game, pre-ordered the expensive version, bought credits and enjoyed my time in game. However too many things like this keep occurring and I can honestly tell you if the "we're sorry" package you guys put together doesn't cut it, I'm done.

And I see this kind of "im leaving" post all the time here and just ignore them because who cares about those people. I guess I'm just frustrated that a company can take something that I enjoy and keep doing this. I can spend my time on something else, as well as my money. Maybe I should, maybe I will. I will however stick around and see what you do Trion. Thanks for at least addressing the issue.

Khane
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172754

matts2192
Quote Originally Posted by Raade View Post

So.......I'm about to play the game. Am I crazy? I read all the reports and the game seems like a complete mess BUT i really like the sandbox nature of the game. Is the game really that bad? and how bad is it without the patron status? (If $15 a month is necessary I think i'd rather play ffXIV again)

Dissuade me if you think it's a bad idea

if you want to be good at this game you better be ready to spend thousands of dollars, the good armour and weapons cost 5k+ gold a piece, goodluck running 20 gold trade runs to get 20-30k gold to pimp out 1 character. not worth it man

Condemned Chrispy
03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Posting twice to get the attention for the matter

SierraK
03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
@Khrolan:

There is no possible way for you to fix this, other than removing the items already given out. Sending everyone a package is a good apology, but you won't be able to fix the damage to the market that results (unless you bind -everything-). Speaking of apologies, I still haven't seen one yet - only you shifting blame on some unnamed employee. At this point the only thing that will truly make me feel any better is watching you guys burn the house down.

Lailla
03-19-2015, 03:18 PM
All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

I dont believe they were generous at all - my drop rate was rediculous and I did not get the dolphin - as far as I am concerned I wont try this type of purchase again - drop rates suck too much - if you were to place it as a purchase item in the store then i would buy it but no more stupid chests for me !!

heyheykoolaid
03-19-2015, 03:18 PM
:( this makes me sad trion.

Ridg
03-19-2015, 03:19 PM
400 loyalty points, dolphin on loyalty store for 200, 3 of each lucky, 25 no cooldown 500 lp potions, 5000 credits and a gold archeum secrets pack seems nice, plus a refund for the pack I already bought

+1 this is the only acceptable response.

Khane
03-19-2015, 03:20 PM

Kara
This is really upsetting. I have been patron since head start. But I guess that's not good enough. :-(

Rostrax
The thing is the loyal customers stick up for them through their ♥♥♥♥-ups and continue to get kicked in the face. You can only get kicked in the face so many times before you move out of the way.

Aquaman
03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent so much money on these boxes and over 2k gold on apex and still don't have a dolphin then you just give it away WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enforcer
03-19-2015, 03:22 PM
This is ♥♥♥♥ing discusting.

I literately spent $150 bucks on the pack to help Trion (♥♥♥♥ knows why thinking about it, pack sucked anyway) a couple days ago.

HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO WIN PLAYERS BACK, YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR CURRENT PLAYER BASE AND RELEASE SOME END GAME CONTENT THAT PEOPLE WILL STICK AROUND FOR????????????????

Between trion and the ♥♥♥♥ed RNG of archeage, its really a struggle to stay interested

Albi
03-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Just no idea what you were thinking

Geminii
03-19-2015, 03:23 PM
I normally go with the flow and hate to be one of those "whiny, obnoxious" players. But even I have to admit this latest stint was very hurtful.

It is my money and no one is forcing me to spend it on this game, I know, but I am being loyal and supportive and have thus spent lots of money on it. Less than a week ago I bought a $150 secrets pack and now I see people get many of the same items from that pack for free? And they arent/werent even active????! HURTFUL! :(

Ive had an active subscription for months and am payed up till July atm. I've spent tons on APEX and credits. I've bought a $150 founder pack and $150 secrets pack and have spent HUNDREDS on those stupid RNG boxes with NOTHING to show for it. No mirage bear, no dolphin, no pets/mounts/rare outfits, no NOTHING because of the obnoxious greed and hideously pathetic drop rates. This is beyond unacceptable.

Yet, it is obviously all our faults because we are stupid enough to keep giving you guys money while you keep screwing us loyal PLAYERS over time and time again. >.<

this.

just cancelled my sub, this game had HUGE potential, beautiful open world, but this is just wrong.

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Nobody was thinking at all here clearly. Issues would have been too obvious if they were thinking.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:24 PM

It's obvious they weren't thinking. They don't play the game apparently or don't have to work for anything.

Mechew
03-19-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm never buying another credit from Trion again unless they make this right....

Condemned Chrispy
03-19-2015, 03:25 PM
*Waits for next twitch stream*

Aapril
03-19-2015, 03:26 PM

Rostrax
I just canceled my sub too, I'm done getting kicked in the face.

Sumika
http://i.imgur.com/IAxmfG7.png

OK now when do I get stuff? Clearly actually paying for and playing the game isn't worth your guys attention.

Hrndzmike
cry here cry there....this "player base" is a bunch of spoiled kids who think they deserve everything...you all want something for nothing...you all complain about the slightest things..the damn mount is crap anyway and the ploy to bring old and new people into the game is done by literally every known mmo company out there, while they did make a mistake you are all acting as if the world is ending -.- just shut up and play the game, if you dont like what they did then dont cry just go away im sure no one would miss you.

Siobhan
03-19-2015, 03:27 PM
I understand the need to offer incentives to former players to come back, and I understand that you want the incentives to be good enough to lure those who have gone back into a game that at its core is a fun game.

I don't think ANYONE is upset that you were using a tried and true method of luring back the customers you lost. I believe that the real reason everyone is so livid is that the items you gave were items that "the rest of us" had little or no chance of getting through the means you provided in game. You could have given a Black/White/Dappled horse like the ones from MI, or a house design, or even a set of armor skins/outfits that are available to anyone via loyalty points or direct purchase. Instead, you gave an item that is extremely rare and hard (read:expensive) to get under "normal" means (i.e. gambling) along with other items that do indeed affect gameplay and the economy. While I don't agree with the tone and the threats of quitting that some of our more "entitled" people seem to want to spew, I do agree that the sentiment is real and the reasons behind their rage are valid.

As I said, nobody is saying you shouldn't use in-game incentives to bring people back. We are saying that using things that are rare and only obtainable through RNG is not the incentives you need to be using.

I will not quit. I will continue to subscribe. I enjoy the game. I have fun. I just wanted to voice my two coppers' worth.

Tarpas
03-19-2015, 03:28 PM
I just canceled my sub too, I'm done getting kicked in the face.

I canceled the one remaining sub, the other already got canceled before, also because of their stupidities.

Way to go Trino!

drebb
Its apparent that the people that make these decisions do not nor have ever played the game.

Agionora
deff all a pack 10 times bigger for a patron or i cancel my sub to

CalliCat
Its one thing to entice people back within reason. This is ridiculous and just makes those of us who have been spending money on this game feel like ♥♥♥♥. I can't even imagine how incredibly pissed off people who spent 100s of dollars on that dolphin RNG box and didn't get a dolphin are. I really hope Trion makes this right for the players who have been loyal and paying and playing all this time. Sadly I doubt that will happen in a way that is fair.

Kirah
03-19-2015, 03:30 PM
if you dont like what they did then dont cry just go away im sure no one would miss you.

It seems that Trion cares, since they were so desperate to bring people back that they gave out items worth thousands of credits.

Loeffel
03-19-2015, 03:31 PM
This response is ridiculous! Do you really believe that we are stupid???
Yeah everything you do is for the health of the game and a benefit for all active players!!! *irony off*

We are the backbone of the game!! Not these foolish gamehopper or people which stopped supporting the game. I mean - Who the ♥♥♥♥ you think is paying for your jobs??? The quitter or the active community??? Its good to have programms to get players back active but loyal members should be always your first prioity.

But yeah - I doesnt matter what com is telling you cause you won't listend to us anyway and continue milking us like stupid cows...

Im out...

Psycos
03-19-2015, 03:31 PM
For all those who payed a fortune in your supply crate for the dolphine, i ask for a refound in credits. it's unfare we have to pay for it and that some non patron receive it free.

ojii
03-19-2015, 03:32 PM
its nice reading through all the tears to see a reasonable person. most of these people are so blinded by tears they can only see salt

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 03:32 PM
deff all a pack 10 times bigger for a patron or i cancel my sub to

well thats for me not necessary they are now making a gift pack for the active players at my opinion it has to be the same as they gave out atleast i say with it, everything less i will keep my cancelled sub how it is cancelled they even got a pack from 91€ in my currency with 60 patron and 2500 creds in it and all of those other things

for me to re activate my sub they must hand over to me atleast the same pack

Agionora
03-19-2015, 03:33 PM
a good running game to bring people back is to reward them what they farm for the work they put into the efford rewards them with titles archiefments etc etc new stuf dungeons

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:33 PM
I'll continue to play, I'm just not paying for it until things get better. There is just too much that Trion has done. I have patron until July. We will see how things go.

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 03:34 PM
It seems that Trion cares, since they were so desperate to bring people back that they gave out items worth thousands of credits.

just counted roughly teh creds not the loyalty items its atleast 10k value in credits not counting the experia patches and loyalty items

Agionora
03-19-2015, 03:34 PM
And to not forget sanddddddddboxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:35 PM

oh no!! they did!? what blasphemy is this?? ...no wait its just spoiled clients wanting everything just because... I am tired of all the whining coming from grown ♥♥♥ men..

Mudbone827
Agreed. You already gave the pack to existing patrons. Either remove it from their accounts or give the SAME pack to all of us TODAY.

I concur with this statement, ANYTHING LESS will probably be considered just another kick in the nuts by TRION.

Ridg
cry here cry there....this "player base" is a bunch of spoiled kids who think they deserve everything...you all want something for nothing...you all complain about the slightest things..the damn mount is crap anyway and the ploy to bring old and new people into the game is done by literally every known mmo company out there, while they did make a mistake you are all acting as if the world is ending -.- just shut up and play the game, if you dont like what they did then dont cry just go away im sure no one would miss you.

You are a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ moron!
MMO companies do try to bring back customers all the time. They DO NOT do it by giving away more than what their current customers paid hundreds of dollars for. Enjoy playing the game when all that are left are f2p players like yourself. I'm sure Trion will keep the servers open just for you.

Sarat00ga
As a person with 3 family members with Patron accounts (I pay for all THREE) I think this is really a SLAP into the faces of people who have kept their Patron since the beginning.

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 03:36 PM
For all those who payed a fortune in your supply crate for the dolphine, i ask for a refound in credits. it's unfare we have to pay for it and that some non patron receive it free.
Especially when they confirmed there would be no other way to obtain cyanfin outside the rng box. So they basically funnel people to buy the rng box if they wanted cyanfin, then release it for free to patrons who quit and current patrons who complained early enough a few weeks after that stream/post.

Dudeth
03-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Some packs even got free $99 dollar secrets packs as well.

People this morning got all the same free ♥♥♥♥ just by hoping on the live chat. Either delete all the free dolphins or give everyone a free dolphin and those that already have a dolphin should get the $99 dollar packs.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172703-You-do-this-to-ALL-active-recurring-patrons-or-I-am-done. 24 items from a GM on live support just for complaining a little WTF? Delete that ♥♥♥♥ from that player or give it to everyone

Ok, im gonna be honest. BRUTALLY so, i'm a gamer, its my hobby, ive done it for years.

I saw the Dolphin mount, thought yeah thats cool, i want one. I bought RNG box's to get one. I am going to be asking for a full refund of all credits spet during that event.

I bought the boxes to get a rare item, to find that this has now been given away for those who have abandoned the game and are no longer showing support, is completely fkn obsurde.

Ill let you know how it goes

Kirah
03-19-2015, 03:37 PM
oh no!! they did!? what blasphemy is this?? ...no wait its just spoiled clients wanting everything just because... I am tired of all the whining coming from grown ♥♥♥ men..

I'm pretty sure you're one of them.

soldout84
03-19-2015, 03:38 PM
so i quit awhile ago and came back a few days ago do i receive one of those packs

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:38 PM
You are a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ moron!
MMO companies do try to bring back customers all the time. They DO NOT do it by giving away more than what their current customers paid hundreds of dollars for. Enjoy playing the game when all that are left are f2p players like yourself. I'm sure Trion will keep the servers open just for you.

moron here, hi i am a patron you assuming prick =) i also bought archeum crates yet ..here i am ok with what they did. Oh and What the ♥♥♥♥ did WoW do then i guess that wasnt a ploy to get players again my B.. ♥♥♥♥ing idiot

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:39 PM
moron here, hi i am a patron you assuming prick =) i also bought archeum crates yet ..here i am ok with what they did. Oh and What the ♥♥♥♥ did WoW do then i guess that wasnt a ploy to get players again my B.. ♥♥♥♥ing idiot

You are not patron, don't lie.

Goalieman
03-19-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure you're one of them.

well i am annoyed with all the spoiled MEN that are crying their balls out like if they are 5 years old...

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:42 PM
You are not patron, don't lie.

Server: Ollo
In game tag: Azure
and guess what?? i got that fancy tittle that says i am a founder too who would have thought righT?

JerryBoyle
well i am annoyed with all the spoiled MEN that are crying their balls out like if they are 5 years old...
So you are technically crying about others crying. Do you like walking that line of contradiction?

nukeyoo
Perma forum ban for a goodbye post? Guess its time to cancel subs.
http://i.imgur.com/pZK6xvn.jpg
A guildie got this for pointing out Khro's archeum price graph having no relevance, weeks ago... He's still forum banned and has got no response to his appeals.

mezlo1971
03-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Okay,first I have been playing since Alpha on my mezlo1971 account this account is a second and my wife has two accounts also. Our Founder Pr-launch was botched to hell,we figured it would get better. We have played on Three different servers until we found one we really enjoy now,Lucius. Yes we were there for the server crash that took a few days to fix and still we stayed loyal,while you lost many other players with the hopes of it will get better. We spend a minimum of 400 dollars a month on this game as we see where the game is heading and cannot wait to get there. I recently got a Discover card and spent 1400.00 dollars on the game,so we could get things we need and keep up with our four accounts. After this I have to say what were you thinking? Can you think of any other way to screw your loyal players? Perhaps all the money that we have spent means nothing in the overall amount of money you have gotten out of all the players that pay money to play your game. My wife is ready to quit and I am starting to think about it,I am a disabled veteran and your game is the way we spend most of our time during the day. I am not sure how much more I can take,we understand all the issues with getting the game here and getting it so we can play. This was just a blatant slap in our faces. A great fix for me would be to get my founder pack back,even though it sucked compared to the starter pack you offered after the game went live but it would be a very nice start.

Hrndzmike
So you are technically crying about others crying. Do you like walking that line of contradiction?

very much so =) just dont tell anyone my secret

Rostrax
mmmhrmmmm..... I can go find someone with a patron/founder tag and pretend to be them too

UnderGrowth
@khro you can just go ahead and refund me for every single dynasty box, Valentine's box and cyanfin box kthnx. And while you are at just preemptively send me the pegasus mount so I don't have to worry about getting a mount potentially worth between 100$ - $1000 depending on rng (cough cyanfin cough)

whoever your marketing department are should be fired. With how rare that damn dolphin is, who in their right mind thought it was a smart idea to just HAND it to players who are NOT loyal since they arnt playing.

Short of giving me a full monetary refund for the boxes I have purchased that contained the said items given away. There isn't really a way to compensate me here since 1 I have said items and 2 I had to pay for them. Whilst also paying for patron, and supporting this wounded game.

I might also direct you to the fair trades act and consumer guarantees act of nz. Depending on your response you may want to become familiar with them.

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:44 PM
mmmhrmmmm..... I can go find someone with a patron/founder tag and pretend to be them too

messege me ingame i'll call you a dumb ♥♥♥♥ there too no problem =)

Brightstar

lets take it this way then

u work for a boss 30 loyal years ur about to get a promotion with better times and a nicer paycheck but 2 years back someone quite his job after working there for 10 years, now ur boss have hired him again and hes giving the promotion u should have gotten to him where u worked 30 longs years for

what would u do say ah ok congrats to that quiter after 10 years or will u pull ur mouth open and tell your boss the stone cold truth?

Condemned Chrispy
If they would have gave old patron players 15days of patron with a couple free library passes and XP tonics, it would of been ok.

They would still have to give patron players something as well to keep them involved into the game. To feel like their subscription matters.

BUT since they went over the top on items people spent hard cash on just to be gave out to "welcome back" players who quit..

Not really fixable...

You can't give the same and still seem fair..

Just make sure that when you give out to existing PATRONS that you don't give more to players who just got your "Welcome Back Pack"

Due to now they are patrons :)

nukeyoo
03-19-2015, 03:46 PM

^^ 10chars

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
lets take it this way then

u work for a boss 30 loyal years ur about to get a promotion with better times and a nicer paycheck but 2 years back someone quite his job after working there for 10 years, now ur boss have hired him again and hes giving u your promotion where u worked 30 longs years for

what would u do say ah ok congrats to that quiter after 10 years or will u pull ur mouth open and tell your boss the stone cold truth?

only this is a game so men crying in it is just sad, also if they hired that person and gave that promo to them just means you dont know how to do your job properly like they can.

Zesta
03-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Posting twice to get the attention for the matter

someone pls make sure they talk about this in the livestream ?

Mizeri
03-19-2015, 03:49 PM
While you guys are busy giving away things to non-paying customers, could you please fix your new bundles to apply patron time for customers actually giving you money? It's been a week since I purchased one, and still haven't received my patron time.

Thanks.

siami
Here is an example of a "win back operation" done right: Got an email from Riot asking me to come back. Got a free Panth skin. Nothing Fancy. Went back in to the game to claim it and while im there well ... Why not play a bit. Got stuck for another year or so. Why? Because the game was fun to play.

Ppl won't stay because they got a HUGE gift. Even a lesser gift will do if they later see the game has improved.

Dolphingate? Hell when they put the firefighter tristana (epic skin) i got a freaking RP (credits) refund for the difference amount of what i had payed for it months earlier.Withou even asking for it.

Please hire ppl that actually have an idea about what gamers value.

Brightstar
only this is a game so men crying in it is just sad, also if they hired that person and gave that promo to them just means you dont know how to do your job properly like they can.

read good but yeah think u dont have got a job anyways in ur life mayeb apaper route but he if u dont feel like ur slapped in ur face with a metal club then good for u m8,

good way to show trion ur ♥♥♥ is wide open for them

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:50 PM

The reason people are so angry is because Trion pretty much just said "We can give out for free what we charged you hundreds of dollars for to people that don't even play the game! See look!" It's a kick in the face and it's unacceptable. Without voicing our opinion and voting with our wallets Trion will not do the right thing. They need to be shown their decisions effect the company as they do not care about the playerbase, this has been proven time and time again or we would already have increased archeum drops. The only thing that gets their attention is taking a hit to the wallet.

If they would fix Archeum drops and make the game fun again, people would come back and try it. But instead they try to bring people back with an outrageous kick in the dick to everyone currently playing. It's amateur hour here.

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 03:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBYp7Du2nxg
No tricks, no traps, ever. By the sounds of it, we lost quite a few peeps today just like when this video was new.

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:53 PM
read good but yeah think u dont have got a job anyways in ur life mayeb apaper route but he if u dont feel like ur slapped in ur face with a metal club then good for u m8,

good way to show trion ur ♥♥♥ is wide open for them

unfortunately i do work if i didnt i'd be happier ( i think anyway) and here let me make it clear then, the reason i dont care about this "win-back program" is because the sooner the drama stops and the HOPEFULLY the sooner they can get to actually fixing some bugs in this game which is what i actually care about. I dont like trions decisions most time like most people but i dont go cry my heart out expexcting something in return either.

nuance
03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Think about it people, we're all ridiculously ******ED to have stayed this long. As much as the trolls loved saying it, they were right, Trion is using this as nothing more than a Cash Grab. Think about it from that perspective and EVERY decision they have made thus far makes perfect sense. They only need to get you to spend more $$$, once that $$$ has left your wallet they could care less about you.

bonzo1968
03-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Unless the "giveaway" includes the dolphin and all the other game-economy breaking items, I'm pretty sure you've just lost most of your playerbase.

If your going to quit a game because people got free stuff, maybe you should step away from the computer for awhile.

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 03:57 PM
unfortunately i do work if i didnt i'd be happier ( i think anyway) and here let me make it clear then, the reason i dont care about this "win-back program" is because the sooner the drama stops and the HOPEFULLY the sooner they can get to actually fixing some bugs in this game which is what i actually care about. I dont like trions decisions most time like most people but i dont go cry my heart out expexcting something in return either.

What do you mean fixing some bugs? XL does all the bug fixes, XL does all the forum reading, Trion just the middle man that told XL that they would "Manage" the NA group so both Trion and XL can make some big $$$

Geminii
03-19-2015, 03:57 PM
@Hrndzmike - no one is upset that they are trying to get old subscribers (heck anyone) to return to the game, its a beautiful game with HUGE potential and this method is very familiar and widely used.

It is simply disheartening for those who have supported the cash shop that the items they paid a lot of money for through the RNG system are now freely given as enticement to return. You mention wow, it would be the same as giving all returning players a spectral tiger, just wrong and this is yet another issue that follows many, it creates a pattern that indicates Trion are not addressing the 'why' of the problem of a shrinking player base. No one expected the road to be smooth and anyone still playing and complaining here has stuck to the game and has invested in the game either emotionally or financially, they are not asking for anything more than a degree of consistency in approach - if you have a rare cash shop that costs $100's of dollars of real money, keep it rare or this is what happens, what response did they expect.

I for one got one of these rare items, and I am now seriously pissed off that it is given out in this way at no cost, if you feel I am being entitled, fair enough, more fool me, but I am also entitled to speak my mind and vote with my feet.

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 03:58 PM
If your going to quit a game because people got free stuff, maybe you should step away from the computer for awhile.

Sounds like someone was able to ♥♥♥♥♥ to live chat in time to get their free ♥♥♥♥. Why dont you pay 100's of dollars on a game and watch that game give that same ♥♥♥♥ away for free.

Rostrax
If we could only get this much support to make them fix Archeum it would happen a lot faster.

Hrndzmike
The reason people are so angry is because Trion pretty much just said "We can give out for free what we charged you hundreds of dollars for to people that don't even play the game! See look!" It's a kick in the face and it's unacceptable. Without voicing our opinion and voting with our wallets Trion will not do the right thing. They need to be shown their decisions effect the company as they do not care about the playerbase, this has been proven time and time again or we would already have increased archeum drops. The only thing that gets their attention is taking a hit to the wallet.

If they would fix Archeum drops and make the game fun again, people would come back and try it. But instead they try to bring people back with an outrageous kick in the dick to everyone currently playing. It's amateur hour here.

see the thing is that is already being taken care of, if you dont watch their streams or look at posts in the next 2 patches changes are coming to alot of things in game which are things that actually affect the game, unlike some mount and a few credits...like really? no one is telling you to spend your salary on the box anyway you do it on your own KNOWING you might get nothing out of it..so because others are getting it now those who bought the boxes are seeing it as a good chance to get that mount by crying and making a scene..which is just honestly plain idiotic and very child like.

Brightstar

i can understand the way to lure the old players back heck its even good they do that but dont do things like this by slapping the patrons and those who bought credits like there is no tomorrow for the RNG boxes why the heck give something that active players must pay real money for or grind their ♥♥♥ off to get a apex and give it to non patrons that has not played a long time its like saying in school to a top student that deserves a A on his test here u get a C- and ah i see brian is here too good boy that u not ditched school today for that i give u a A+

woner how trion employees brains are working seeing this not properly i quess

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 03:59 PM
To people who say this is not a big deal need to wake up. This is how you let games like Evlove to release with tons of DLC. This is how you let publishers to release a broken games. You let Trion get away with this mistreatment trust me many other dev will do the same practice in other games.

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 03:59 PM

someone with common sense thank you

bellairis
03-19-2015, 04:02 PM

Did someone not love you enough in life? Sending positive thoughts your way....

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:03 PM
@Hrndzmike - no one is upset that they are trying to get old subscribers (heck anyone) to return to the game, its a beautiful game with HUGE potential and this method is very familiar and widely used.

It is simply disheartening for those who have supported the cash shop that the items they paid a lot of money for through the RNG system are now freely given as enticement to return. You mention wow, it would be the same as giving all returning players a spectral tiger, just wrong and this is yet another issue that follows many, it creates a pattern that indicates Trion are not addressing the 'why' of the problem of a shrinking player base. No one expected the road to be smooth and anyone still playing and complaining here has stuck to the game and has invested in the game either emotionally or financially, they are not asking for anything more than a degree of consistency in approach - if you have a rare cash shop that costs $100's of dollars of real money, keep it rare or this is what happens, what response did they expect.

I for one got one of these rare items, and I am now seriously pissed off that it is given out in this way at no cost, if you feel I am being entitled, fair enough, more fool me, but I am also entitled to speak my mind and vote with my feet.

see that i understand a bit more of where you are coming from and i am not saying it isnt ok to be upset, my problem lies in that time spent taking care of this "problem" is time they should be devoting to other more important tasks imo but hey majority rules right?

Fratricide
03-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Simple at a minimum offer the ability for people who purchased the Secret's pack a full refund.

Ideally give all patrons the same "deal" and anyone who purchased a pack a full refund.

Personally... I just want my $150 back. If you want to loose a member over this by "banning me" if I initiate a chargeback... well how much do you value your customers?

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Did someone not love you enough in life? Sending positive thoughts your way....

uh thanks? =) i am relatively happy just annoyed that people think they deserve everything and acting so childish, again thanks for the thoughts tho

Vendui
anyone else get banned from forums?

DYNASTYofWAR
i have spent over $900 dollars in this game, just recently picked up another $150 secrets pack. not to mention the couple hundred i have spent trying to get the dolphin, (which i still don't have)

i have 2 patron accounts. its not the fact that you are trying to get the old players back, its the fact you gave them a RARE RNG mount that people are spending hundreds of dollars to get. I am with everyone else. I want the dolphin sent to me, DNASTYofWAR (Salphira) this is just crazy!

Fratricide
03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
I cannot post on general forums... they banned me after chatting with live support and suggesting I take my complaint to reddit.

Oddly I can post on this thread... just not others.

supthereyet
03-19-2015, 04:06 PM
I cannot post on general forums... they banned me after chatting with live support and suggesting I take my complaint to reddit.

Same.

They are "muting" accounts left and right to try and censor and steer the conversation back to where they want it.

In a few days or hours they'll claim "forum issues" or "stability" but it's clear-cut it's mutes on accounts. Just keeps getting worse.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 04:07 PM
see the thing is that is already being taken care of, if you dont watch their streams or look at posts in the next 2 patches changes are coming to alot of things in game which are things that actually affect the game, unlike some mount and a few credits...like really? no one is telling you to spend your salary on the box anyway you do it on your own KNOWING you might get nothing out of it..so because others are getting it now those who bought the boxes are seeing it as a good chance to get that mount by crying and making a scene..which is just honestly plain idiotic and very child like.

I watch, I just don't believe it. There are plenty of other ways to bring players back into the game (fixing it) than bribing them with everything other players have spent tens of thousands of dollars getting. (Combined) It's absolutely ludicrous and unacceptable. The community of this game cannot allow them to do this, it WILL kill the game. We need to show them this type of behavior is unacceptable and unnecessary. There are plenty of other ways of enticing old players back that are perfectly acceptable besides trying to bribe them with hundreds of dollars of stuff that paying members of the community since day one paid for a week ago. These are people who do not even play the game, yet they are getting very prestigious items. You can't say you agree with it or that it is not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I understand people crying, but really...

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:08 PM
i can understand the way to lure the old players back heck its even good they do that but dont do things like this by slapping the patrons and those who bought credits like there is no tomorrow for the RNG boxes why the heck give something that active players must pay real money for or grind their ♥♥♥ off to get a apex and give it to non patrons that has not played a long time its like saying in school to a top student that deserves a A on his test here u get a C- and ah i see brian is here too good boy that u not ditched school today for that i give u a A+

woner how trion employees brains are working seeing this not properly i quess

see i can understand that a little more, and yes i did admit they made a mistake, what i dont like is how everyone is acting like if this will break the entire game.. honestly look at what people are crying over, while yes it is a rare mount its not a carrot dash if that would have been the case then yes i'd rally behind all of you because carrot dash DOES have an impact on the game unlike the dolphin

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
see i can understand that a little more, and yes i did admit they made a mistake, what i dont like is how everyone is acting like if this will break the entire game.. honestly look at what people are crying over, while yes it is a rare mount its not a carrot dash if that would have been the case then yes i'd rally behind all of you because carrot dash DOES have an impact on the game unlike the dolphin
Dolphins are faster than carrot dash in the water with the same techniques applied. I remember people boasting about dolphins going 28-30m/s in the water with these techniques. I can only recreate it with swimfins and my breathing device so that's only 40% swim speed which isn't much.

Vendui
03-19-2015, 04:10 PM

My main account was up and banned completely, cant post anywhere. This one can only post here :/

oddly enough, it requries a min lvl 15 character.. this account has 1 character, level 5 that i run with to get coin purses/mount level.. xD

Tolvat
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
I really do understand providing incentive to rejoin your game with the improvements that have or are being made. However, is it necessary to provide them with purchasable packs that everyone can buy? Why not provide them with a selection of items from each pack?

It seems there wasn't very much thought process in this decision. Just, "We need to get players back to raise our bottom line. Give them this ♥♥♥♥ that everyone else has/is trying to get!"

Tierlak
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Wow. so this is the only thread in the entire forums we are allowed to post ANYTHING in now?

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:12 PM
I watch, I just don't believe it. There are plenty of other ways to bring players back into the game (fixing it) than bribing them with everything other players have spent tens of thousands of dollars getting. (Combined) It's absolutely ludicrous and unacceptable. The community of this game cannot allow them to do this, it WILL kill the game. We need to show them this type of behavior is unacceptable and unnecessary. There are plenty of other ways of enticing old players back that are perfectly acceptable besides trying to bribe them with hundreds of dollars of stuff that paying members of the community since day one paid for a week ago. These are people who do not even play the game, yet they are getting very prestigious items. You can't say you agree with it or that it is not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I understand people crying, but really...

like i said i do agree that yes they have made a mistake with the program being OP, but the way this community is responding and acting is not going to help anything at all, it will most prob just make things worst there is a huge difference in filing a complaint as a community and a bunch of people demanding things like children.

Rostrax
I guess the level 15 bug is back.

Brightstar

i dont care rlly about mounts pets etc etc i just look at the combined picture a Gold secret box value in my country 92€ which is contain 60 days patron/ 2500 credits and much more and then the dolphin well i dont even like it but many people paid alot for it,

then the wardrobe 300 loyalty i believe from star/sun-moon a lucky point 200 loyalty 5 worker pots 1k each 12h CD but value 125 loyalty or 1500 creds

and much more im looking at the big picture not only to the mounts if we want a gold secret pack i can pay 92 euros for it and they get it for free and thats only the pack

Geminii
03-19-2015, 04:13 PM
see that i understand a bit more of where you are coming from and i am not saying it isnt ok to be upset, my problem lies in that time spent taking care of this "problem" is time they should be devoting to other more important tasks imo but hey majority rules right?

It involves money (across all players who have played the RNG box game I imagine a lot of money) if it was 'just' a game mechanic/ flaw/ exploit then there would be rage but it would pass and to a certain extent, be fixable, this is...not good.

They should have spent 5 minutes ahead of this win-back promo thinking about the consequences of their actions an aspect Trion really need to improve on and they would have saved themselves a world of hurt.

Many high spend players will quit as a direct result of this, I for one will not accept anything they offer that is not why I game it is not why I spend my money in-game, but damn, be fair. Personally I agree with you they done STFU move on, there will still be a player base but this action strongly detracts any desire to spend another $ in game which could become a big problem for them, who is going to buy a rare cosmetic item after this?

Vendui
03-19-2015, 04:14 PM
I guess the level 15 bug is back.

Not a bug. Accounts are being muted to this thread only to try and save face or something

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 04:15 PM
like i said i do agree that yes they have made a mistake with the program being OP, but the way this community is responding and acting is not going to help anything at all, it will most prob just make things worst there is a huge difference in filing a complaint as a community and a bunch of people demanding things like children.

I agree. I think they should just remove the pack from everyone who got it and make a different package. But once again, trion trying to get people back into the game just showed all of those people how much of a ♥♥♥♥storm it still is. *sigh* Like I said, I canceled my sub to vote with my wallet, I do have patron until July anyway, but I am going to wait for things to improve before renewing. I'm still considering learning Russian just to play a good version of AA

Porks
03-19-2015, 04:16 PM
i am quite surprised at how Khrolan said what he said.

its a screw up, and u r gonna defend it. bravo

@players, quitting is a much easier decision to make, and its free!

salty stabs aside...

@Trion, u dont have an analyst for this kind things? where did all that money go.. marketting coordinator even...

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:17 PM
i dont care rlly about mounts pets etc etc i just look at the combined picture a Gold secret box value in my country 92€ which is contain 60 days patron/ 2500 credits and much more and then the dolphin well i dont even like it but many people paid alot for it,

then the wardrobe 300 loyalty i believe from star/sun-moon a lucky point 200 loyalty 5 worker pots 1k each 12h CD but value 125 loyalty or 1500 creds

and much more im looking at the big picture not only to the mounts if we want a gold secret pack i can pay 92 euros for it and they get it for free and thats only the pack

see that part i agree with and yes that i support that they should find a way to try and amend for that wrong, but crying and demanding from all this people just makes it impossible to get that thru because all anyone writes is "I Want my Dolphin Now"...

Lapex
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Just my thought on this issue, why not change the dolphin what was given out to a 10day dolphin what can ONLY be used for 10days then it disappears?

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Not a bug. Accounts are being muted to this thread only to try and save face or something
It's not all accounts, it's likely ones who are being negative. So instead of spreading the hate, it's condensed in one area to easily ignore.

Tarpas
I got a forum ban as well, under the excuse 'you have to have a level 15 character' - well, guess what, my main is 50.

It's fine with me, you have lost all my respect anyways. Not that you seem to care how people think about this company, as long as they spend money and continue to buy rng boxes.

Shtupiddog
Wait.. is it too late to contact live chat?

If I had a dolphin, I'd name him Trino.

Fratricide
Online with GM Turasurntia now... here is the convo...

Me:
After a heated discussion with a GM in live support over a requested refund of my $150 secrets pack, it seems that my forum posting privileges have been removed.
It appears others who "complain" have been also punished.

GM Turasurntia
I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating.
I don't know anything about that, and I can't change it either, if its true.

Me:
can you check into it real quick.
others are having the same problem who "complained"

GM Turasurntia
We don't do that here so I can't check. You can email community@trionworlds.com

So... they ARNT banning or restricting our voice. good to know.

Is XL games / Trion a North Korea company?

Hrndzmike
I agree. I think they should just remove the pack from everyone who got it and make a different package. But once again, trion trying to get people back into the game just showed all of those people how much of a ♥♥♥♥storm it still is. *sigh* Like I said, I canceled my sub to vote with my wallet, I do have patron until July anyway, but I am going to wait for things to improve before renewing. I'm still considering learning Russian just to play a good version of AA

well i dont think anyone will disagree that it isnt a ♥♥♥♥storm lol but yes they need to find a reasonable solution, i will keep my patron because i like the people i play with and one mistake like this honestly just doesnt bug me enough to say i am done. I just hope this community realizes that forming a formal complaint isntead of just ranting would be of greater help.

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
see that part i agree with and yes that i support that they should find a way to try and amend for that wrong, but crying and demanding from all this people just makes it impossible to get that thru because all anyone writes is "I Want my Dolphin Now"...

yeah why only the dolphin? heck if they decide to give the same pack to everyone i should not use that mount its for me like the leomorph a warehouse item :D

but trion can do a few things turn everything back or give same pack to all members just take ur loss as company and say yes we screwed up but we want to be fair to all our members and everyone gets the same pack simple as that

dont be a prick and say ok we made a mistake and all our active members get a dolphin or soemthing like that that will maybe please a few members but the largest part not i will not take it if they only send me a crappy mount i just dont use,

but they are busy if i have read so we'll wait with what they offer us

siami

The question is: would they be adressing this issue without this big sh**storm? Seems to me that their threshold is pretty high when it comes to listening to the community. Let's be honest. Most of the things that have been fixed were "heavily" debated to put it lightly.

Tierlak
It's not all accounts, it's likely ones who are being negative. So instead of spreading the hate, it's condensed in one area to easily ignore.

Not that either. I haven't posted anything at all today, and am only able to post in this thread.

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Just my thought on this issue, why not change the dolphin what was given out to a 10day dolphin what can ONLY be used for 10days then it disappears?
not a bad idea really heh give em a taste then poof gone lol

Anxiety
The only 'fair' solution to this would be to:

* Apply the same package to all current and active PLAYERS, Patron/Non patron.

* Reimburse players for all credits spent on Aquatic Archeum boxes, and the boxes which contained Ebongleam robes.

* Reimburse UP TO 1x Lucky Moon/Star/Sun point for anyone who spent loyalty on them.

* Reimburse all players who have purchased the $50, $100 or $150 packages (Cash back. Not credits or something else)

Pretty much the only fair way out at this point.

JoJoFoxx
GM Nethas
I can understand that you are frustrating and I apologize that I am not able to further assist currently.
j****** o******
are you really allowed to call me frustrating then decline me service?

just a quick capture of part of my live chat "service" i pay for. GOOOD NEWS! they directed me here with all of the other unanswered questions and no GMS to be found!

Kugelex
03-19-2015, 04:25 PM
From: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2zn2j9/problem_solution_aa_gave_2300_loyalty_tokens_1/

METHODOLOGY:

Not all items are in the loyalty shop, but most of those that are not in loyalty are in the credit shop.

And since the Worker's Compensation is in "both", at 300 credits = 25 loyalty, we have a basis for comparison at 12 credits = 1 loyalty point. (300 divided by 25)

ANALYSIS: (Loyalty points or equivalent)

125 = 5x Workers Comp

100 = Lucky Sunpoint

50 = Lucky Moonpoint

50 = Lucky Starpoint

70 = 2x Rumbling Archeum Sapling

80 = 2x Aquatic Archeum Supply Crate (at 490 credits = 40 loyalty each)

67 = 10x Vocation Potion (80 credits each. 80X10 / 12 = 67 Loyalty)

25 = 10x Dual Recovery potion (30 credits each. 30x10 / 12 =25 Loyalty)

300 = 25x Lucky Quicksilver Potion (80 credits each. 80x25 / 12 = 300 Loyalty)

300 = 25x Immortal XP Potion (80 credits each see above)

300 = 25x Vocation Tonic (80 credits each see above)

155 = Golden Teardrop Storage Chest (1862 credits / 12 = 155 Loyalty)

15 = 7 Day First Floor Pass (180 credits / 12 = 15)

30 = 7 Day Second Floor Pass (360 credits / 12 = 30)

60 = 7 Day Third Floor Pass (720 credits / 12 = 60)

That's 1651 Loyalty tokens above. Now if we also assume:

300 = Dynasty Robes Costume is 300 Loyalty like other costume

300 = Dolphin Mount is 300 Loyalty like Donkey mount

67 = Glider Customization is 800 credit (divided by 12 = 67 Loyalty)

That is a Grand Total of 2,319 Loyalty token equivalent, or 463 days (1+ year) of loyalty!!

And that is WITHOUT trying to price the permanent AnyPost Owl, any of the Experia patches, the XP potion(s), and the Professional Tonic(s).

Basically, Trion gave rewards to returning players equivalent to TWICE as much as someone who stayed loyal and paid EVERY DAY since launch! THIS is why current patrons are upset!

Bunnyleptic
03-19-2015, 04:25 PM

People do not complain about the mount and other items necessarily because of the items itself.

People complain (and they have a right to do so) because this is another action taken from Trion which disrespects their customers. Accept it or not, it because of us paying members/playing members that Trion earns money. Money they need in order to pay off the necessities of life and secondary luxury things they do. And since earning money requires one to work and it doesn't grow on trees, people are obligated to complain and demand things.

A simple example: Trion demands you to buy a certain pack in order to get an item (RNG boxes too) and there is no other way to get the said item. If you do not respect your income and screw people, you deserve to be complained about. Heck, if I would screw someone on work I would have been fired already.

If a company is allowed to demand things in order to get money for necessities of life, so are we as customers allowed to demand to be respected equally.

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:27 PM
The question is: would they be adressing this issue without this big sh**storm? Seems to me that their threshold is pretty high when it comes to listening to the community. Let's be honest. Most of the things that have been fixed were "heavily" debated to put it lightly.

thats the thing a debate and demand are two different things.. if people would calm down and actually write something other than "im canceling" "i want my dolphin" "I want what he got" i think it would be alot easier to actually get through this faster.. im sure reading a bunch of demands from poeple is not very easy to get thru and all the actual debateable comments ware just getting scrolled through

eekamouse
03-19-2015, 04:28 PM
WHY DONT MY PET RECOVERY POTS THAT I PAID 150$ FOR WORK!!!!??? :cool:

Sekkerhund
03-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Why not do what SWTOR does (and many other games) and offer these "come-back perks" for "anyone who is subscribed by such and such date"? That way, returning players AND current players are all equally rewarded, not just for coming back and trying the game again, but for their loyalty.

Trion, you have a good loyalty program for RIFT, so why on earth... and WHO on earth thought that this "incentive program" was a good idea? Its like you're not even the same company, with regards to how these two games are operated.

Fratricide
03-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Online with GM Turasurntia now... here is the convo...

Me:
After a heated discussion with a GM in live support over a requested refund of my $150 secrets pack, it seems that my forum posting privileges have been removed.
It appears others who "complain" have been also punished.

GM Turasurntia
I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating.
I don't know anything about that, and I can't change it either, if its true.

Me:
can you check into it real quick.
others are having the same problem who "complained"

GM Turasurntia
We don't do that here so I can't check. You can email community@trionworlds.com

So... they ARNT banning or restricting our voice. good to know.

Is XL games / Trion a North Korea company?

This. The Censor is real

Paintsticks
Im actually really sad about this whole thing. You know, after lasts weeks live stream I had all these ridiculous proud feeling for the Archeage team, with all the good news that they shared and it seemed like our voices were being heard and like the actually really cared about the community and they were pushing XL to make this game the best it could be. And then last night this ♥♥♥♥ storm happens, total disregard to the player base, a really big F you to our faces for being loyal to this game.
Call it dramatic but that's how it feels. Obviously they didn't sit in their offices and think "hum how can we piss everyone off!", but that's just how this all came out, a good intention poorly executed. How did you not think giving something away that huge, that loyal subscribers pay for- save all their effing money for, how did they not think that was going to piss people off. Its a huge lesson, and its something that's not going to be easily fixed. And honestly theirs no really good way to fix this.

Zappalot

If that would be the truth, why are we in this mess right now?
And NO not a single other MMO would give or ever has handed out Ingame Stuff worth far over 100$ to lure back unsubbed customers. Its plain and simple stupid to do so (except for whales spending 300+ a month i guess^^).

Mudbone827
A guildie got this for pointing out Khro's archeum price graph having no relevance, weeks ago... He's still forum banned and has got no response to his appeals.

That sure isn't the reason given in little diddy you posted.

Galvatron142
03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Looks like this is what they are going to give us! Another slap in the face if this is true.

CLAIM YOUR FREE ARCHEAGE GIFT
As a big thank you for your patronage of ArcheAge, we’ve added a free in-game gift to your account.

4 Yata Pirate’s Treasure Chest
2 Worker’s Compensation
5 XP Boost Potions
Ayanad 3-day Pass: First Floor Lobby
Ayanad 3-day Pass: Second Floor Lobby
Ayanad 3-day Pass: Third Floor Lobby

TingTangTong
03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players.
-Khro

I'll look forward to seeing my Pegasus mount in the mail shortly then, along with some other goodies too, seeing i've been a loyal PATRON and daily user of AA - not to count the amount of RL money poured into this game via RNG boxes that don't give ♥♥♥♥.

Sorry, but dolphin mounts don't meet the mark now

Kthnx:D

Hrndzmike
03-19-2015, 04:33 PM
People do not complain about the mount and other items necessarily because of the items itself.

People complain (and they have a right to do so) because this is another action taken from Trion which disrespects their customers. Accept it or not, it because of us paying members/playing members that Trion earns money. Money they need in order to pay off the necessities of life and secondary luxury things they do. And sinse earning money requires one to work and it doesn't grow on trees, people are obligated to complain and demand things.

A simple example: Trion demands you to buy a certain pack in order to get an item (RNG boxes too) and there is no other way to get the said item. If you do not respect your income and screw people, you deserve to be complained about. Heck, if I would screw someone on work I would have been fired already.

If a company is allowed to demand things in order to get money for necessities of life, so are we as customers allowed to demand to be respected equally.

trion doesnt demand you to buy these items you choose to buy them at your own expense, any mmo company actually all they do is put a cash shop and say its there you dont NEED it its just there if you want to spend you hard earned cash on a chance buy it if not its all good. The part i agree withy is the creadits and lucky seen those are actually influential items ingame ..dolphin is just what is HOT now so people want it..it doesnt really do anything game breaking.

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Looks like this is what they are going to give us! Another slap in the face if this is true.

As a big thank you for your patronage of ArcheAge, we’ve added a free in-game gift to your account.

2 Worker’s Compensation
5 XP Boost Potions

hope not for them they may shove those gifts where the sun dont shine srry to say this is a joke with what they gave earlier to non loyal active players

Poemba
03-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I might be repeating alot but first..
great taking care of your base community. The ones that stayed and waited for the game to get a certain level of qualtiy got royaly screwed over.

There really is only one solution: Trion take a loss and give everyone the same. I think i speak for many that a experia package or a library package for free to returning players would have been way better and you wouldnt have to give us anything. But dolphins?lucky sunpoint? 100$ worth of items? You cant treat your customers like that.

I hope you do the right thing. Because if you dont you will kill the game after how little is leftover already.

maiyah
03-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Im actually really sad about this whole thing. You know, after lasts weeks live stream I had all these ridiculous proud feeling for the Archeage team, with all the good news that they shared and it seemed like our voices were being heard and like the actually really cared about the community and they were pushing XL to make this game the best it could be. And then last night this ♥♥♥♥ storm happens, total disregard to the player base, a really big F you to our faces for being loyal to this game.
Call it dramatic but that's how it feels. Obviously they didn't sit in their offices and think "hum how can we piss everyone off!", but that's just how this all came out, a good intention poorly executed. How did you not think giving something away that huge, that loyal subscribers pay for- save all their effing money for, how did they not think that was going to piss people off. Its a huge lesson, and its something that's not going to be easily fixed. And honestly theirs no really good way to fix this.

This.

I mean, honestly, it's a mess. The problem being that on those lists showing free mounts, costumes, glider skins, experia plants, and so on and so forth, we're looking at people being given upwards of 150$ in goodies. I know some got less, but even those 'lesser' packs were still darn nice.

What's that gonna do to our economy? All those things that can be stuck onto a cheap costume and resold for mega gold prices?

What's that gonna do to our population? I had a feeling we were finally coming out of the clouds, things were really improving. Now this. I don't know of any way to make this worse, in terms of public relations. Give away mega bucks to the people that bailed, all while charging paying customers a lot for the chance to maybe get one of these items.

A win back customers event has now become a save your current customers maelstrom.

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 04:37 PM
I might be repeating alot but first..
great taking care of your base community. The ones that stayed and waited for the game to get a certain level of qualtiy got royaly screwed over.

There really is only one solution: Trion take a loss and give everyone the same. I think i speak for many that a experia package or a library package for free to returning players would have been way better and you wouldnt have to give us anything. But dolphins?lucky sunpoint? 100$ worth of items? You cant treat your customers like that.

I hope you do the right thing. Because if you dont you will kill the game after how little is leftover already.

indeed its the only fair way to do indeed take ur loss and give everyone the same people that are not agreeing to that just say its this or nothing atleast we're fair to all our players

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 04:38 PM

Blah blah blah you're horrible at trolling nobody cares about your opinion you're alone on this.

zibnaf
03-19-2015, 04:39 PM
just canselled....this is just stupid and unfair(meaning you wont get my stuff nor stop playing(love my guild to much...)i just stop paying till they start treating us patrons better.)

FiyahBeatz
03-19-2015, 04:40 PM
I am all for trying to boost the population and lure people back but there are certain things that must be kept in mind:

Other games give out a free month subscription. Why? Because they are not F2P. That is the only way they can usually lure people back.

This game is F2P. Anyone can come back at any time and try all the new content for free. Buying a subscription just gives you patron and access to land. You should NEVER give that out to anyone for free unless you give everyone that is currently paying for it free time as well. Land is one of the main ways to "get ahead" in this game legit without a credit card.

You should not be giving out items other people had to pay for or wasted tons of RL money trying for. That is very bad juju. Give returning players simple items like a couple (read COUPLE) xp boosts and or something that is obtainable in game with ease without using real money to get it. Smaller items you can buy on Mirage Isle would be sufficient. Say a 24x24 house plan or clipper. That would lure people to actually BUY a subscription without just giving them that for free and more. =/ A clipper would force people to have to buy an auction ticket to buy items to build it or find another way to get mats (patron for land or bonding with a guild/other players to try to mooch).

This plan was an epic fail. While you have my kudos for admitting it and now attempting to fix it, I encourage you to think clearly when you create your compensations. Not all players are created equal. The dolphin mount is cool and all but not all of us want that. Some would prefer a different mount they spent tons of RL money trying to get but failed at. Maybe give people a choice. A) Carrot Dash, B) Mirage Bear, or C) Dolphin etc.

As for the secrets packs given out, again bad juju. Please think clearly about the compensation there as well. Loyal people payed lots of money for these packs and now they are being handed out for free to quitters. We've payed for the packs and we have all of the items in them already. We dont need the same items again and many of us wouldnt want them again. Some equivalent package that gives people a choice as to what they get (marketplace credits, loyalty tokens etc are good options or RNG boxes with a better drop rate) might be a better option in the long run towards making everyone happy.

This might have been a bit rambling but is my 2 cents.

siami
03-19-2015, 04:40 PM
If ppl are crying it means that they still care. The worst costumer is the one that smiles at you then leaves never to return. Coz he will open up to others.

And yes. Some are out of place and childish. Maybe they are under age or just aholes. Those have money too.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Hrndzmike,

Trion is pretty much teaching us to cancel/quit. In a few months when stuff is fixed, we will get a prime package to return including the best ♥♥♥♥ from RNG Boxes for free and a damn good $100 package of items that are the FoTM. Why would anyone want to continue paying and playing when all of that can be had for just quitting?

Ridg
03-19-2015, 04:41 PM
It is NOT the dolphin I have a problem with. I could care less about a dolphin mount. Look at the numbers from one of the previous post. The total value for the gifts that were given are equal to over a years worth of labor points. I literally just bought the Secret pack last week. I don't think it is unreasonable to be upset that what I just payed for is now being given away as a reward to people who have quit the game. It's not a dumb toaster to get someone to put thousands of dollars into a new bank account. It's buying a toaster and then finding out that the next day the store decided to just give the toaster away. Think about all the people who unknowingly bought one of the Secrets packages today, only to find out that Trion decided to give the same package away for free.

Vendui
03-19-2015, 04:42 PM

2 Worker’s Compensation
5 XP Boost Potions

I truely hope this is not true.. if it is.. they will lose ALOT of current patrons.

Merax
03-19-2015, 04:43 PM
The only 'fair' solution to this would be to:

* Apply the same package to all current and active PLAYERS, Patron/Non patron.

Hold your horse there Skippy. There isn't any reason F2P players should be getting anything out of this. They're not even in the same boat as patrons.

Akilles
03-19-2015, 04:44 PM
I've been a quiet paying customer since day one of beta. I've spent far too much money on this game as it is. I pay for 6 accounts with a monthly sub. I support the marketplace with regular purchases. I must say that Trion has taken this too far and I am very disappointed with this package they gave away to people whom abandoned them. I expect the same package applied to my accounts. Nothing short of this will suffice. TRION I hope you do the right thing here or I'm Afraid you just killed this game!!!!

Bunnyleptic
03-19-2015, 04:44 PM
trion doesnt demand you to buy these items you choose to buy them at your own expense, any mmo company actually all they do is put a cash shop and say its there you dont NEED it its just there if you want to spend you hard earned cash on a chance buy it if not its all good. The part i agree withy is the creadits and lucky seen those are actually influential items ingame ..dolphin is just what is HOT now so people want it..it doesnt really do anything game breaking.

People do not complain about the Dolphin because it's a HOT item,, people complain about it because they spend real money (lot's of it) in order to get it.

You may White Knight Trion all the way you want, but my point still stands that this crap shows a lot of disrespect towards their customers.

You do not disrespect the customer who pays for your necessities of life where I come from, simple as that!!

PS: I do not care about the Dolphin myself. For me it's all about the principle and the disrespect we have to swallow yet again, from this company.

Ikranis
03-19-2015, 04:45 PM
It seems that the boards are in heavy moderation, be careful not to upset the gods.
Additionally, printing your post is always a good measure.

maiyah
03-19-2015, 04:47 PM
It seems that the boards are in heavy moderation, be careful not to upset the gods.

We are at crisis level: Dolphinad.

JoJoFoxx
Can we get an update or something in this regard? I understand things need to be moderated but can we get like, a response?

JerryBoyle
Doesn't take much, some don't even have to post to get muted in other sections.

BammBamm
03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
yeh my account got muted in general section without even posting anything related to this issue ...

Ridg
03-19-2015, 04:50 PM
I am all for trying to boost the population and lure people back but there are certain things that must be kept in mind:

Other games give out a free month subscription. Why? Because they are not F2P. That is the only way they can usually lure people back.

This game is F2P. Anyone can come back at any time and try all the new content for free. Buying a subscription just gives you patron and access to land. You should NEVER give that out to anyone for free unless you give everyone that is currently paying for it free time as well. Land is one of the main ways to "get ahead" in this game legit without a credit card.

You should not be giving out items other people had to pay for or wasted tons of RL money trying for. That is very bad juju. Give returning players simple items like a couple (read COUPLE) xp boosts and or something that is obtainable in game with ease without using real money to get it. Smaller items you can buy on Mirage Isle would be sufficient. Say a 24x24 house plan or clipper. That would lure people to actually BUY a subscription without just giving them that for free and more. =/ A clipper would force people to have to buy an auction ticket to buy items to build it or find another way to get mats (patron for land or bonding with a guild/other players to try to mooch).

This plan was an epic fail. While you have my kudos for admitting it and now attempting to fix it, I encourage you to think clearly when you create your compensations. Not all players are created equal. The dolphin mount is cool and all but not all of us want that. Some would prefer a different mount they spent tons of RL money trying to get but failed at. Maybe give people a choice. A) Carrot Dash, B) Mirage Bear, or C) Dolphin etc.

As for the secrets packs given out, again bad juju. Please think clearly about the compensation there as well. Loyal people payed lots of money for these packs and now they are being handed out for free to quitters. We've payed for the packs and we have all of the items in them already. We dont need the same items again and many of us wouldnt want them again. Some equivalent package that gives people a choice as to what they get (marketplace credits, loyalty tokens etc are good options or RNG boxes with a better drop rate) might be a better option in the long run towards making everyone happy.

This might have been a bit rambling but is my 2 cents.

This. Your point about land is excellent and something most people haven't even considered. Providing people with free patron only makes the land scarcity more of a problem. Loading them down with valuable items to be flipped for gold in the AH, devalues items already in game and pushes "cheap" gold into the economy, further devaluing gold that was created in game through the use of labor.

BuddhaHS
Yes,it does offend the existing active players. How about all of us , the players that are active and faithfull will quit so we could get our dolphins and glider customizations when you try to get us back? But that might be too late because we might play a game in which players would be apreciated more without having to spend 500$ to get a dolphin which then you give to those that quit! I didn't get my gift yet but if we , the active players do not see the equal thing that you give to the inactive ones in our mails..you probably won't have a need anymore for those character creation restrictions on your servers. What you just did was trash all your loyal players and prove to use you care more about the ones that quit than the ones that pay and keep your game up! Yes, we need more players in the game .. but that's not the way to do it !

Sucuri
http://i.imgur.com/gg4IoNq.jpg

Porie
03-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Ridiculous... I feel so ashamed putting in my effort into a game I enjoy and the people who quit are getting g rewarded. I understand the strategy but come on... You are giving away items that the active players really want. My friend spent 200$ trying to get what you're giving out for free.. And he still didn't get it.

Marcelimo
Honestly, I think the win back program is a good idea. I am okay with people getting free stuff if it helps bringing them back to the game.

However, the content of the program is outrageous. First the dolphin: I know many people that spent their money and still dont have it. You cant give an item only obtainable through RNG boxes... Second, the $150 gifts seems really high especially as nothing has been done to loyal players who stayed in the game...

The biggest mistake was to give free dolphin to people that complained this morning! Just because you are crying, it means you can get free stuffs???? If these free dolphins arent removed, bye bye Archeage! I love this game but cant stand unfairness and poor customer support

Zason
The offer for returning players should have also been offered to current paying patron players. I've spent more money on this MMO than any game in my live, including subs. That was my choice but this game is design to pull on the pocket book without so much in return. The RNG is hurtful.

Maybe I'm stupid for spending money on the marketplace when I don't have a lot of spare but I had believed in ArcheAge at one point. I have now lost faith. If I was refunded all the money wasted I'd probably walk away but I'm still here. I was waiting with hope for 1.7 and though I'm playing I feel cheapened somehow.

I normally never QQ on the forums but this has been a big time disappointment.

Leadbottom
They really messed this up...I just spend $150 on a gold pack. What a fool!

Hareric
03-19-2015, 04:52 PM
man free gifts for those who don't play anymore? That's awesome what about the player who have been here and are still playing the game?

Kugelex
03-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Posting this multiple times so more people see it. It's pretty mind blowing.

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2zn2j9/problem_solution_aa_gave_2300_loyalty_tokens_1/

I calculated the loyalty value of items in the giveaway uproar (from thread below, with image of items given away)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172703-You-do-this-to-ALL-active-recurring-patrons-or-I-am-done.

METHODOLOGY:

Not all items are in the loyalty shop, but most of those that are not in loyalty are in the credit shop.

And since the Worker's Compensation is in "both", at 300 credits = 25 loyalty, we have a basis for comparison at 12 credits = 1 loyalty point. (300 divided by 25)

ANALYSIS: (Loyalty points or equivalent)

125 = 5x Workers Comp

100 = Lucky Sunpoint

50 = Lucky Moonpoint

50 = Lucky Starpoint

70 = 2x Rumbling Archeum Sapling

80 = 2x Aquatic Archeum Supply Crate (at 490 credits = 40 loyalty each)

67 = 10x Vocation Potion (80 credits each. 80X10 / 12 = 67 Loyalty)

25 = 10x Dual Recovery potion (30 credits each. 30x10 / 12 =25 Loyalty)

300 = 25x Lucky Quicksilver Potion (80 credits each. 80x25 / 12 = 300 Loyalty)

300 = 25x Immortal XP Potion (80 credits each see above)

300 = 25x Vocation Tonic (80 credits each see above)

155 = Golden Teardrop Storage Chest (1862 credits / 12 = 155 Loyalty)

15 = 7 Day First Floor Pass (180 credits / 12 = 15)

30 = 7 Day Second Floor Pass (360 credits / 12 = 30)

60 = 7 Day Third Floor Pass (720 credits / 12 = 60)

That's 1651 Loyalty tokens above. Now if we also assume:

300 = Dynasty Robes Costume is 300 Loyalty like other costume

300 = Dolphin Mount is 300 Loyalty like Donkey mount

67 = Glider Customization is 800 credit (divided by 12 = 67 Loyalty)

That is a Grand Total of 2,319 Loyalty token equivalent, or 463 days (1+ year) of loyalty!!

And that is WITHOUT trying to price the permanent AnyPost Owl, any of the Experia patches, the XP potion(s), and the Professional Tonic(s).

Basically, Trion gave rewards to returning players equivalent to TWICE as much as someone who stayed loyal and paid EVERY DAY since launch! THIS is why current patrons are upset!

And the lucky few current patrons who contacted in game chat in time to complain, ALSO got this reward. This made the problem 10x worse.

logan backshot
03-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Doesn't take much, some don't even have to post to get muted in other sections.

i have 2 patron 150 packs and ive never gotten anything for free.... wheres my stuff!! this is outrages!!

JonBrewster
03-19-2015, 04:55 PM
They really messed this up...I just spend $150 on a gold pack. What a fool!

I also bought the $150 pack and simply could not play after the launch.

I finally came back and resubscribed a few days ago. If I waited a few days would I have gotten this pack.... ???

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 04:58 PM
About 4 hrs passed, any updates? The longer you wait, the more that could quit.

Bruttle
03-19-2015, 04:59 PM

I completely agree with this. What is done, is done. It was a complete failure and you are taking steps internally to ensure it won't happen again. I get that. Moving forward though, you need to do something to stop (and possibly reverse) the flood of players hitting the unsubscribe button.

To evaluate this, you have to consider that the vast majority of players currently subbed have contemplated unsubbing before. Every time you have messed up and pissed off the population (which has been quite a few times), people either left or seriously thought about leaving. But those of us still subscribed, stayed. We stayed though all of that. We kept spending money not just because we were enjoying the game, but we wanted to support it as well. You are not the only ones that want to see this game turn into the game we all hope it can be.

So when you consider what you will give to the long term patrons to keep them, consider that they have never left. Consider that if you are willing to give away $100 worth of items to players that quit in the first month, got banned hacking, or otherwise quit with little to no money paid to you, what are you willing to give the players that stuck with you this entire time and have spent hundreds supporting your paychecks.

What I am saying is, don't give the quitters, hackers, and free players $100 worth of stuff, then give the patrons a couple labor potions as their "thank you". As angry as we all are, you should really pull out all the stops here.

Topherpunch
03-19-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't normally post, but when I do it is because you messed up Trion.

Ridg
03-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Posting this multiple times so more people see it. It's pretty mind blowing.

Most important post in this thread. This is why people are pissed, and this is how you just killed your cash cow Trion.

maiyah
03-19-2015, 05:03 PM
I completely agree with this. What is done, is done. It was a complete failure and you are taking steps internally to ensure it won't happen again. I get that. Moving forward though, you need to do something to stop (and possibly reverse) the flood of players hitting the unsubscribe button.

To evaluate this, you have to consider that the vast majority of players currently subbed have contemplated unsubbing before. Every time you have messed up and pissed off the population (which has been quite a few times), people either left or seriously thought about leaving. But those of us still subscribed, stayed. We stayed though all of that. We kept spending money not just because we were enjoying the game, but we wanted to support it as well. You are not the only ones that want to see this game turn into the game we all hope it can be.

So when you consider what you will give to the long term patrons to keep them, consider that they have never left. Consider that if you are willing to give away $100 worth of items to players that quit in the first month, got banned hacking, or otherwise quit with little to no money paid to you, what are you willing to give the players that stuck with you this entire time and have spent hundreds supporting your paychecks.

What I am saying is, don't give the quitters, hackers, and free players $100 worth of stuff, then give the patrons a couple labor potions as their "thank you". As angry as we all are, you should really pull out all the stops here.

Smart post, and one I hope they read.

Neverender
03-19-2015, 05:05 PM

Best post yet. Surely better than mine. :D

JonBrewster
03-19-2015, 05:05 PM

They should add the dolphin to the credit store and give everyone credits <= the value of it.

That could be a neutral resolution.

SUCCHIATEMILAGRANDBANANA
03-19-2015, 05:08 PM
wooo trion gee gee best publisher in da world

huskerrall
so a friend just sent me an image saying to claim a gift of 4 yata boxes

what? he didn't get his dolphin? or 99$ pack?

what do I get if I am curretly a Patron with sub?

Cynara

Beautifully worded. Perhaps, just perhaps..

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 05:09 PM
They should add the dolphin to the credit store and give everyone credits <= the value of it.

There's much more in what was given out than a simple dolphin. I spent 600 bucks to get my cyanfin, I'm not getting those credits back let alone dollars which is fine I guess. People got the dynasty robs and starlit gliders, both jackpot items in other rng boxes with similar rng. Don't forget the archeum secret packs, 99-150 ones with all their contents. The flat credits given and patron membership months.

A few credits and a direct purchase dolphin doesn't cover that at all. Loyalty tokens is about the best way to cover/convert the costs but somebody calculated that already and it's above 2k loyalty.

Fatalis
03-19-2015, 05:10 PM

Nope....They already gave out way more than that to the Patrons that complained to CS this morning.....They need to get it right tomorrow...It'll be their last chance and credits to the value of a Dolphin won't cut it....not for me an whole bunch of others anyway.

Nemu
03-19-2015, 05:11 PM
This is so unfair, you should never have given away loyalty items to accounts that were not loyal, especially not 3 times as much loyalty stuff as the loyal players could get in loyalty points.
what were you thinking?! :mad:
I wouldn't be surprised if some people give up on archeage, after working so hard towards getting these items and then having them given away to outsiders who don't even like the game enough to have kept playing. Its really discouraging.

Depingah
03-19-2015, 05:14 PM
While reimbursing "active" players and "patron" players is nice and all...

The ones who really get shafted in all of this are the people who habitually spend, or have spent, hundreds if not thousands of dollars on these RNG Boxes, Credits, Packages, etc.

Those are the ones hurt the most.

Don't confuse them with the average "active" player or "patron" player. ...and don't confuse the average "patron" player with someone that has a *paid* subscription.

There are differences between all these class of players. What works for one may not work for the other. You need to understand this when you have your internal discussions to figure out how to make it up to the ones that have been slapped in the face by this.

Painalchemist
03-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks for vote of confidence in your current player base.

You spit on our crafting proficiencies, mess our archeum supply, give people who have stopped playing your game a reason to log in and sell stuff for gold or real world money. Job well done.

Like I have previously posted you guys have a devil economist.

Heres your chance to actually improve things. Give us loyal patrons 100 sunlight archeum crystals. The shortage is so severe that it wont be bad at all. The RNG sucks so bad that it wont really make as many Delph lvl weapons. So it wont hurt anything. And the reason you lowered proficiencies to help craft obsidians will also happen.

Calliope
03-19-2015, 05:15 PM
can someone explain this?

Calliope, your request could not be completed.

You must have a character of level 15 or higher to be able to post to the forums, or you do not have permission to complete this action.

ALL of my toons are WAY above level 15, and I posted earlier on Page 24 of this thread... what the hell?

deinemuse
03-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah that sort of thing just makes people more angry

huskerrall
I have a paid subscription and also have bought apex and credit packs.

what do I get?

Stammel
As a long time Rifter and very recent Archeager I have to say this is by far the WORST move ever made by TRINO.

Frankly, I agree with the idea of give it to everyone or remove it from everyone. With 4 Patron accounts I'll be walking after this and removing Rift and probably Defiance from all of my systems.

I am not even sure if there has ever been a cluster-f--- like this by any development company. I'm googling but not finding anything that sparks my memory.

Ikranis
03-19-2015, 05:17 PM
anyone else get banned from forums?

many, again: Don't make the gods angry, everything is fine. Don't talk about too much reality or you get the ban hammer.

Inika
I do understand the need to give incentives to inactive players to gain back their patron status but the rewards should have been reasonable. You also failed to consider the feelings of your existing patron players. The rewards should have been to all existing patron players and those who will reactivate their patron status like within a week of the announcement. There are ways to incentivize inactives while keeping existing loyal patrons happy.

JonBrewster
There's much more in what was given out than a simple dolphin. I spent 600 bucks to get my cyanfin, I'm not getting those credits back let alone dollars which is fine I guess. People got the dynasty robs and starlit gliders, both jackpot items in other rng boxes with similar rng. Don't forget the archeum secret packs, 99-150 ones with all their contents. The flat credits given and patron membership months.

A few credits and a direct purchase dolphin doesn't cover that at all. Loyalty tokens is about the best way to cover/convert the costs but somebody calculated that already and it's above 2k loyalty.

Yeah, now that I see the full extent of it on the reddit page I agree.

It looks like some people got these items from complaining in live chat too ??

I'm confused as to why their complaints are more worrisome or legitimate then ours.

Tanyeka
03-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Whatever the case, I expect the same "Win-Back" offer now or you have lost me and plenty of others for good period. If this was a one time goof, sometimes things can be forgiven but every month since launch the community is screwed and pissed off. I'm guessing nobody is going to get anything of real value out of this in the end.

I think this is how many feel. After all I stuck it out although quitting has been on my mind often (once a day min). We have put up with heaps & now a kick in the teeth. If the loyal players who have stuck through all the problems with this game don't get properly compensated many of us will need winning back cos we will leave. I have a friend who even deleted the game as he was giving up but came back because of the people he was playing with asked him to & he liked them but now I feel like we did him a disservice - he could have not played & come back for the goodies as well

Kaios
03-19-2015, 05:18 PM
can someone explain this?

Calliope, your request could not be completed.

You must have a character of level 15 or higher to be able to post to the forums, or you do not have permission to complete this action.

ALL of my toons are WAY above level 15, and I posted earlier on Page 24 of this thread... what the hell?

because some of us have been partially muted or something for speaking our minds, you are not alone

Xereniax
03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
https://youtube/OGp9P6QvMjY

I hope by Giveaway you don't mean only specific people because you have to include everyone not just select people
this^

Trino you are going to have a ball trying to fix this

Bruttle
03-19-2015, 05:22 PM
you should never have given away loyalty items to accounts that were not loyal, especially not 3 times as much loyalty stuff as the loyal players could get in loyalty points.

Exactly this. You completely disregard the purpose of loyalty points when you do things like this. I mean honestly, they are even called LOYALTY POINTS. Why are you giving them away to people that bailed on the game or got banned.

One of the coolest things I saw for loyalty was in Aion. After a month you got a specific thing. After six months you got something cooler, after a year you got something really awesome, etc. Basically, these were one of a kind item that was ONLY handed out after long term, unbroken subscriptions. If you were running around in the game, and were wearing some of this killer looking stuff, people knew you had been there forever. This only works though if there are no other ways for players to get these items.

I actually held a sub to Aion for over a year after I quit playing just because of this. The stuff looked that cool.

Ikranis
03-19-2015, 05:22 PM
because some of us have been partially muted or something for speaking our minds, you are not alone

I've seen a lot of posts go down almost as fast as they were put up. A lot of them had good points, were not swearing etc. But just watch what you say and print it before you get the ban.

Jacon
03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
I think everyone on every sever should got to Mirage Isle at the same time on the same day in show of protest!

or better yet everyone log out for an hour on the same day at the same time!
Just maybe if they see there servers pop drop it mite light a fire under there ♥♥♥♥♥!

Siobhan
03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
While reimbursing "active" players and "patron" players is nice and all...

The ones who really get shafted in all of this are the people who habitually spend, or have spent, hundreds if not thousands of dollars on these RNG Boxes, Credits, Packages, etc.

Those are the ones hurt the most.

Don't confuse them with the average "active" player or "patron" player. ...and don't confuse the average "patron" player with someone that has a *paid* subscription.

There are differences between all these class of players. What works for one may not work for the other. You need to understand this when you have your internal discussions to figure out how to make it up to the ones that have been slapped in the face by this.

I actually agree with this.

At the risk of starting a forum war with certain factions of the player base, I think that there is a vast difference between those who spend real world money and those who have never opened their wallet. People who grind gold in order to buy APEX to get patron status and buy their shineys are solely out time and effort. People who have paid their subs and paid for credits to buy their shineys (and yes, those who buy APEX to sell to the grinders) have spent real money on the items that Trion/XL gave away.

I know that Trion has a detailed list of credit cards on file, and they know who subscribes and who buys it through APEX. Although I don't agree with the whole "Comepnsate me nao or I ragequit!" movement, I do think that actual paying subscribers and credit buyers should be recompensed for at least what they spent on the boxes. Those who haven't spent a dime of real money on the game shouldn't expect to be compensated at the same rate as those who actually support this game with their wallet.

Am I a subscription snob? maybe....but if you didn't spend any real money, then you shouldn't be given real world compensation.

nukeyoo
03-19-2015, 05:27 PM
I think everyone on every sever should got to Mirage Isle at the same time on the same day in show of protest!

Just maybe if they see there servers pop drop it mite light a fire under there ♥♥♥♥♥!

Or you could just unsub... They'll notice that before they notice anything else... Can always decide later after whatever decision they make regarding this issue whether to resub or not.

Kaios
I've seen a lot of posts go down almost as fast as they were put up. A lot of them had good points, were not swearing etc. But just watch what you say and print it before you get the ban.

Yeah for sure I've seen it too and unfortunately experienced it as well lol, my direct response to Khrolan's post was indeed removed! :(

Edit: Actually it wasn't I found it so I was wrong in that regard but I have seen other posts removed too :P

UnderGrowth

It'd have to of a more grandeur scales than that I think.

I'm slightly amazed the servers havnt been ddosed into oblivion at thus point... Guess that means they actually fixed something, or people are so mad that even that isn't enough.

Galvatron142
03-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Best form of protest is to cancel you sub and dont log back in.

TranceFox
I've played since headstart, I'm a founder and I supported this game and CONTINUE to support Trion and this game. But ♥♥♥♥ is some shifty ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥. I paid a lot of cash as well to get my dolphin mount. Yeah, I got the mount. There's a lot more that paid cash like me and still didn't get the mount. We should get the package as well imo. We have all put up with a lotta ♥♥♥♥ but we're still here. The loyal ones, right here. Why don't we get what quitters got? We toughed it out. We have been here supporting Trion and I feel like we're getting seriously shafted here.

The ebongleam can be reskinned and resold for thousands of gold on the auction house. Second, so many people have spent a lot of cash to get the dolphin. Some didn't get it, some did. Giving it away is just not right. Well, on Korean Archeage they gave the dolphin away as free gifts to EVERYONE they didn't stick it in a RNG box...... But yeah.....

Calliope

It's odd... I can't post in any other forum threads, but I can post in this one. if I was being muted for speaking my mind wouldn't it be the other way around?

UnderGrowth
03-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Or you could just unsub... They'll notice that before they notice anything else... Can always decide later after whatever decision they make regarding this issue whether to resub or not.

Funny thing is, a few of us just tied ourselves in for up to 3 more months with those.secrets packs. . .

Truebanana
03-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Ahaha me to, i can't post anywhere else anymore.

Souleater
03-19-2015, 05:31 PM
If you have given away a free dolphin to thousands of players, you need to give all of us who spent credits on the RNG boxes our credits or money back. You basically made a cash shop item free and you should not charge for free stuff.

Toffin
03-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Depending on the live stream tomorrow, it will most likely be the end of my 3 accounts (paid patron). Don't know if I will chargeback my account yet, but I am leaning towards it if something is not done.

Nirvii
03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro
Dude Khrolan. If you give away those worker pots/apex/patron, we would not mind at all. However you give away the "RNG boxes" things or "Loyalty items" at which some people had spent you 100$, 200$ or even 400$ and unable to get the mount/glider/costume they want. Even a secret package which just recently sell for 149$, you gave that away for free??? Basicly you gave one unknown nonsubscriber a 1000$+ for free?

How will the loyalty customer that had paid you 2000$+ think? Backstabbed in their heart. Right now there is no point to pay TRION, we will stop any subscription/payment to you cos everything can be free after you unsubscribed. The person who approved this should be ashamed on what he did that destroyed all the trust from your "loyalty customer that paid trion", the one that you should care the most!

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the bad boy club, where your opinion is not wanted elsewhere!

Kaios
03-19-2015, 05:33 PM
It's odd... I can't post in any other forum threads, but I can post in this one. if I was being muted for speaking my mind wouldn't it be the other way around?

Check out other announcement threads, you can still post in those as well. It is just any other section of the forum.

Rondache
03-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Same here, says I need a character over 15 to post on the forums when I try to post to other threads - which I obviously have.

UnderGrowth
03-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Looks like they locked down the rest of the forums to direct rage all into one thread. Makes some sense I guess

SkullMonkey
03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
What will be done about the players who received their package by contacting Live Support? Will they get to keep the package + whatever comes next as per "we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players" ? These players got quite some stuff... GMs handing them out like candy in Live Support made it only worse for the rest..

The only thing you can really do is give everyone the exact same thing as the rest. Which is this. http://i.imgur.com/0RS56ZA.png

You ♥♥♥♥ed up big time.

this looks doctored. I don't think they ever gave away the gold secrets pack... the other stuff yes not the gold secrets pack.

Truebanana
03-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Check out other announcement threads, you can still post in those as well. It is just any other section of the forum.

They want to make it like north korea and mute us, because if no one complain, everything is fine :mad:

Tankyou
03-19-2015, 05:38 PM

So, literally, as soon as the packages were announced, I posted in faction chat, talked in TS, ect, telling people not to buy them. I emphasized what happened with the founder packs, ect, and asked if they really wanted to spend that much money for something which experience has dictated will come back and bite them in the ♥♥♥. I wasn't sure how it would happen, but I was fairly certain that Trion's money-grubbing would make an appearance after people had committed and spent hundreds of dollars that couldn't be refunded.

At this point, is anyone truly surprised that something like this happened? I cancelled my sub a couple months ago, and refuse to spend money. I'm happier now.

The game is fun, so I still play.
Trion runs it like ♥♥♥♥, so they get absolutely none of my money.

Grakru21
Is it a code that gets emailed to you? Because my other two old patron accounts dont have anything I can select for free gifts??

Rondache
Looks like they locked down the rest of the forums to direct rage all into one thread. Makes some sense I guess
People are still posting in the main section of the forums, so I am willing to assume it is a simple glitch on their part.

JoJoFoxx
03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
maybe we could get an update every like 4 hours or so? i think that would be nice, probably the VERY LEAST you could do trino.

chatelaine
03-19-2015, 05:40 PM
An Apology doesn't fix all the thing that were just pumped into the economy. Nor does it fix any bridges that you burned when you said that those who stopped playing were loyal. When you have lots of people paying for things that you have completely given away. You need to figure out a way to give something back to your ACTUAL loyal community. This has made me lose alot of faith in a game that I have backed for MONTHS. I hope you actually do something about this and give back to your loyal customers.

It's also no use saying other companies have done this.. but they were SMART about it they gave ingame time with Trial accounts not ingame items that people many have put HUNDREDS into. The Dolphin comes from RNG boxes and people have put LOTS of money into those because they aren't a guaranteed Dolphin then you straight up give them away. It feels like your marketing team has no clue how the game works and have no clue how money works, It's as if you are run by children and those children are trying to make a rock bleed money.

The only way to fix this is to give away something new and worth the same amount. Maybe the Pegasus. Sacrifice something that would make you money and give it to everyone. to fix a mistake that YOU as a company made

I agree with this.

Shiruka
03-19-2015, 05:40 PM
So, I decided to spent 130€ on the secret pack to see how most of the items of the pack are given free to other players that have or haven't been playing.
I don't want to be recompensated for the amount of money I put on the game, that is my own decision, but if I knew this before I wouldn't spent 130€ in a pack to know some days later a similar one is being given free to anyone who would ask for it.
I hope you guys recompensate this, not only for the loyal players that didn't buy anything but for the ones that did decide to put money in your game.

Edit:
Also, just an idea, I suggest you implement some type of program for patron players to receive X items after being patron for X months, unique patron items would be really cool, like mounts, costumes, furniture etc.
Even if they get their patron with ingame effort or real money.

choppychops
03-19-2015, 05:41 PM
I wish you guys would be this vocal to have them raise labor :x give everyone 150$ pack and yata costume!!

Siobhan
People are still posting in the main section of the forums, so I am willing to assume it is a simple glitch on their part.

Who knows?

It has happened to me before, but I am still playing on my same original level 50+ character I have always played... and right now it says I cannot post in the other forums because I have to have a level 15 character.

UnderGrowth

Havnt seen a new post in general discussion for a while now.

Depingah
03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
maybe we could get an update every like 4 hours or so? i think that would be nice, probably the VERY LEAST you could do trino.

Khrolan said they'd have more details tomorrow after internal discussions take place to hash out exactly what needs to happen. I doubt they're going to update you every four hours to let you know who attended the meeting, when someone got up to use the restroom, what they ordered for dinner to continue these lengthy discussions, and at what point the discussions have ended.

The only thing that really matters here is that Khrolan is motivated to do right by this, admitted to the mistake that was made by the Marketing Team (I'm assuming it was them) and acknowledge that they intend to correct it.

The key is remembering what I said earlier about identifying the different classes of players and realizing that some are more affected by this than others.

Rondache
03-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Havnt seen a new post in general discussion for a while now.
Pay closer attention imo. There are still several posts every minute.

sophia
03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
I dont care about your words - if I do not receive these items within 24 hours I am cancelling my subscription and looking for something else to play.

Grakru21
03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
How do you get this free pack???

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 05:47 PM
How do you get this free pack???
You were suppose to be an ex-patron who has quit for x amounts of time. Some current patrons complained and CS sent them it to shut them up, they weren't suppose to so now they are no longer doing that. Should still be available form the first option but you would have been sent an email if your were eligible. Should be no code at all needed for it.

Grakru21
03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Wow so my two old patron accounts wont get this?? Thats ♥♥♥♥ing dumb.....

Calim
03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
you QUIT playing AA a month ago!

JoJoFoxx
03-19-2015, 05:50 PM
LOL, I'm pretty sure Khrolan can't save all of trion with his good wishes. Fact is plain and simple, this is not acceptable and to leave your paying customers in the dark is unruly. I would very much like an update on who was at the meeting and how it is going to be handled in the near future.

If trion were to come out and say; "Listen, we screwed up and overcompensated and were working on it" most people are satisfied. On the other hand is it unreasonable to ask when? I've been on 3 live chats, and all of those GMS sent me here for further updates. I haven't seen one update since this started

I am not asking for too much, I'm asking for reassurance that not canceling my sub yet was the right move. Although without any information I am drifting towards holding my money till I know what service's I actually pay for.

Tankyou
03-19-2015, 05:50 PM
This is actually pretty funny though. Trion seriously, seriously put them in a rough spot here.

They can't refund people who tried to get the RNG dolphin, and who spent hundreds of dollars for a mount that was (is?) broken. Just financially, would hit them too hard, and that's what they focus on.

They can't give everyone a dolphin. Said people who spent a ton of money trying to get it would still want a refund and feel cheapened.

They can't take the stuff away from the people they hope to return. Not only would it be a disappointment, it'd firmly cement in the minds of the people that quit because of this horse♥♥♥♥ that nothing's changed.

Anything they do give out to the entire playerbase will 1: have less value than the packs they've given out to absentees. 2:probably have an impact on the already-♥♥♥♥ed game economy. 3: piss even more people off when they do see the disappointing things they get when compared to this horse♥♥♥♥.

Let me toss you some edumacation though. This, right here, is the reason Trion thinks they can get away with it (and probably will).
It's what we call the Sunk-time fallacy.

You know when you've heard of people losing $30,000 in a night at the casino tables? That's the result of the sunk-time(money) fallacy.
In essence, it is this: I've spent so much time/money into this thing, i can't quit now.

Exhibit A: You find a ♥♥♥♥ty job, work there for 10 years, it gets terrible, but you've gotten raises and are now the assistant supervisor of toilet licking or something. You stay there for 5 more years, making no money.
There are many other jobs out there, and at that moment, someone is looking for someone with your qualifications for a job that pays double. *Because you falsely believe that sunk time and/or sunk money makes something worthwhile, you miss the opportunity*

"I've already sunk 800 dollars into trying to get this dolphin mount! OMG!. But i can't quit playing.. i'm level 55 and have grinded so hard, and I have already spent so much money in the cash shop. Might as well enjoy it and play a bit longer. I wont pay anything else"
Then something else comes along (which it will, trion releases new things seperately so you piss away money each time a new shiny comes out), and you decide that another $20 wont hurt anyone.

End of education.
Shady as hell business model.

Some more info about the Sunk-Cost fallacy here: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-the-sunk-cost-fallacy-makes-you-act-stupid.html

Zappalot
03-19-2015, 05:54 PM
I actually agree with this.

At the risk of starting a forum war with certain factions of the player base, I think that there is a vast difference between those who spend real world money and those who have never opened their wallet. People who grind gold in order to buy APEX to get patron status and buy their shineys are solely out time and effort. People who have paid their subs and paid for credits to buy their shineys (and yes, those who buy APEX to sell to the grinders) have spent real money on the items that Trion/XL gave away.

I know that Trion has a detailed list of credit cards on file, and they know who subscribes and who buys it through APEX. Although I don't agree with the whole "Comepnsate me nao or I ragequit!" movement, I do think that actual paying subscribers and credit buyers should be recompensed for at least what they spent on the boxes. Those who haven't spent a dime of real money on the game shouldn't expect to be compensated at the same rate as those who actually support this game with their wallet.

Am I a subscription snob? maybe....but if you didn't spend any real money, then you shouldn't be given real world compensation.

just a question, did you ever thought about whom you may sell all your shiny APEX Mr. Creditcard Warrior, if you go Trion on your Customers?
Yeah right to no one and this will bring an cruel end to your Uber Equipment Plans, so you might wanna reconsider your words.

And for the real world compensation, uhm who the f*** asked for a real world compensation? people (patrons) just ask to get the same virtual "present" the quitter got.

And don't misjudge again, i spend more then a few dimes here, but without the people bringing the time & effort to buy patron via Apex the demand for Apex would diminish, hence would the price for it, hence less apex are bought from Trion resulting in a net loss for Trion. So in the end it doesn't matters how the Patron was payed for. Cause the APEX casher has already been compensated for his buy.

ZeyRazuun
03-19-2015, 05:56 PM
I like to support the company of the current MMO(s) I'm playing by spending a little extra money when I can...but why would I support a company who doesn't value its PAYING customers? This is the absolutely most horrendous promotional "win-back" tactic I have ever witnessed, and there's absolutely no excuse for it. You better come up with something good Trion.

JoJoFoxx
03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
win-back=customer-retention

chatelaine
03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
you keep spouting things like give the dolphin to everybody, give the 99usd pack to everybody...

and exactly where do that place you with ppl like me that ACTUALLY purchased the pack and ACTUALLY purchased/gambled the Dolphin.

i dont think that one size fits all solution is enough. and your going to be hurting the ppl that bring the most cash home the most with that solution.

I agree, there needs to be compensation other than the dolphin, Im thinking the Pegasus should be given out. I gambled on the rng and got the dolphin. . .

Tarpas
03-19-2015, 06:00 PM
just a question, did you ever thought about whom you may sell all your shiny APEX Mr. Creditcard Warrior, if you go Trion on your Customers?
Yeah right to no one and this will bring an cruel end to your Uber Equipment Plans, so you might wanna reconsider your words.

And for the real world compensation, uhm who the f*** asked for a real world compensation? people (patrons) just ask to get the same virtual "present" the quitter got.

And don't misjudge again, i spend more then a few dimes here, but without the people bringing the time & effort to buy patron via Apex the demand for Apex would diminish, hence would the price for it, hence less apex are bought from Trion resulting in a net loss for Trion. So in the end it doesn't matters how the Patron was payed for. Cause the APEX casher has already been compensated for his buy.

On my server the gold price for Apex recently has gone down 50% (listing under 300gold on AH tonight) .... imo there is really no reason to buy Apex with $ to make money in game. It's good for the grinders, but not for the sellers - who get a very low return gold/$.

Vendui
03-19-2015, 06:01 PM
this looks doctored. I don't think they ever gave away the gold secrets pack... the other stuff yes not the gold secrets pack.

its showin in another post, as a video.. also in a picture of it in their mailbox. (The items from said gold pack)

xuki
03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Don't hate the ♥♥♥♥♥ who charges you $150 for a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ then sucks your buddies dick for free the next day.