PDA

View Full Version : About Our Recent Win-Back Program

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Zolmoz
03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Not good enough.... will only be satisfied when active paying players recieve this offer now too

Calim
03-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Don't hate the ♥♥♥♥♥ who charges you $150 for a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ then sucks your buddies dick for free the next day.

Best comparison yet.

bwuki
03-19-2015, 06:06 PM
dang, those guys got a lot of ♥♥♥♥ handed to them

Zolmoz
03-19-2015, 06:06 PM
like how can you argue with this....? http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2zn2j9/problem_solution_aa_gave_2300_loyalty_tokens_1/

Zappalot
03-19-2015, 06:07 PM
On my server the gold price for Apex has gone down 50% (listing under 300gold on AH tonight) .... so there is really no reason to buy Apex with $ to make money in game to begin with...

Yeah and everything else has gone down these 50% too, so where exactly is your point?
All the Points (Sun,Moon, Star) lost up to 90%. even stones lost more then 50%. Some Illu Gear changing owner now for less then 100g.
And the Apex casher still undercut each other, so the price of the Apex might be okay for a lot of people.

Albi
03-19-2015, 06:10 PM
?

/10char

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 06:13 PM
I guess they just turn the Pay 2 Win motto to No Play to Win

Malkodu
03-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Is there any word about our compensation yet? Or is this gonna take a few days? Honestly, people who stuck out since the beginning deserve a lot more than those that quit. We endured all the changes and problems, they didn't. So I don't believe we should get something equal to what they got. I believe we should get something better.

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Is there any word about our compensation yet? Or is this gonna take a few days? Honestly, people who stuck out since the beginning deserve a lot more than those that quit. We endured all the changes and problems, they didn't. So I don't believe we should get something equal to what they got. I believe we should get something better.
"We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program."
We won't be getting any more updates until then since I assume that internal discussion is still ongoing.

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 06:16 PM
They will give us answer tomorrow I heard.

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Dont be too greedy. Just be happy that we might get something comparable.

Condemned Chrispy
03-19-2015, 06:20 PM
They will give us answer tomorrow I heard.

Just how many people are canceling their subs?

Ahnastashia
03-19-2015, 06:21 PM

I canceled 3 subs.

Syrim

Probably more than that will come back to this game

imnotyoda
i just cancelled my subscription. how long until i get some free stuff?

Tarpas
Yeah and everything else has gone down these 50% too, so where exactly is your point?
All the Points (Sun,Moon, Star) lost up to 90%. even stones lost more then 50%. Some Illu Gear changing owner now for less then 100g.
And the Apex casher still undercut each other, so the price of the Apex might be okay for a lot of people.

That I see no point in buying Apex with $ because of the bad return. Apex price in $ hasn't gone down with 50%....

Btw, not everything is 50% down. Some is up, some stayed the same, some went down a few %.

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
how do none of the producers realize that warping the economy in an economy based game is... not good policy?

Linhy
03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
I srsly dont think we're gonna get the whole packs that others were given.. Probs just get workers comp or something

Morlach
03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
WOW..... What all the people that spent a lot of $RL to chase dolphin from the RNG boxes. What a huge kick in the guts for them!

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
WOW..... What all the people that spent a lot of $RL to chase dolphin from the RNG boxes. What a huge kick in the guts for them!
Good way to discourage sales of future rng boxes!

meaghs
03-19-2015, 06:27 PM
This whole thing has really slighted those players who spent so much on rng boxes going after the dolphin. Giving dolphins to the whole community will be rubbing salt into the wound. These free dolphins need to be removed completely or those players that have been slighted need to be compensated.

Neotacitus
03-19-2015, 06:29 PM
I srsly dont think we're gonna get the whole packs that others were given.. Probs just get workers comp or something

They better give the same to the rest. otherwise so many paying player will feel betrayed and quit paying.

alexhype
03-19-2015, 06:35 PM
i must say this was a very good idea to try to encourage players to come bk to the game BUT this package you brought forward was really too much there is no way in hell the mount and the costume should be in there 1 reason y they where in the RNG boxes which alot of player spent alot of money to get and still havent gotten them this is another screw up come on trino think!!!!!

Jara
03-19-2015, 06:35 PM
They better give the same to the rest. otherwise so many paying player will feel betrayed and quit paying.

We will do more than quit. I will charge back every single purchase I have made with Trion that has to do with Archeage. There is also a very good chance of a major lawsuit from some people.

But, I also have some faith they will do the right thing here.

Linhy
03-19-2015, 06:36 PM

I mean.. It would be great if it happened but I feel like many who spent hundreds on rng for dolphins or costume or w.e would rage quit anyways... In a situation like this.. Its a lose-lose situation for trion

davyj0427
03-19-2015, 06:38 PM
I was mad about Dolphingate, but Now with the bull ♥♥♥♥ censorship of all the ♥♥♥♥ing forums, It too much. Say bye to 3 more subs ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s.

Faah
03-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Agreed ! It's a nice move.

Hatters gonna hate. don't mind about them.

Galvatron142
03-19-2015, 06:43 PM
this looks doctored. I don't think they ever gave away the gold secrets pack... the other stuff yes not the gold secrets pack.

Not doctored at all. The first person to report this on the website Supeg is actually in the same guild as me. He logged in I sent a message to him asking him if he is coming back to the game. He said @#@# NO and said I got a bunch of stuff i just got for free to give you. I was amazed and pissed off at the same time.

imnotyoda
Agreed ! It's a nice move.

Hatters gonna hate. don't mind about them.

you've got 5 posts here, your opinion doesn't count.

MochaRocka
We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

Question regarding this.

I was on the verge of cancelling patron and quitting the game but instead have just remade on a new server for a fresh start as I feel that contributed to me not fully enjoying the game. I am in the process of deleting my other character from the other server once I sort out handing out gear etc to friends.

Which character will receive any gifts decided upon? I will be extremely diasapointed if it goes to the character I am about to delete or if my new character is not eligible due to any level restrictions.

Are you able to clarify on this?

Thanks in advance

Aislinna
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
It is NOT the dolphin I have a problem with. I could care less about a dolphin mount. Look at the numbers from one of the previous post. The total value for the gifts that were given are equal to over a years worth of labor points. I literally just bought the Secret pack last week. I don't think it is unreasonable to be upset that what I just payed for is now being given away as a reward to people who have quit the game. It's not a dumb toaster to get someone to put thousands of dollars into a new bank account. It's buying a toaster and then finding out that the next day the store decided to just give the toaster away. Think about all the people who unknowingly bought one of the Secrets packages today, only to find out that Trion decided to give the same package away for free.

Fraud is the word I use for this action; because they didn't just decide "the next day" to give away the same items for free, it was in the plans all along, as it would be for any decent company watching it's financials.

Rondache
03-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Question regarding this.

I was on the verge of cancelling patron and quitting the game but instead have just remade on a new server for a fresh start as I feel that contributed to me not fully enjoying the game. I am in the process of deleting my other character from the other server once I sort out handing out gear etc to friends.

Which character will receive any gifts decided upon? I will be extremely diasapointed if it goes to the character I am about to delete or if my new character is not eligible due to any level restrictions.

Are you able to clarify on this?

Thanks in advanceWith claimable items, you are able to select the character they go to.

Merax
03-19-2015, 06:50 PM
I mean.. It would be great if it happened but I feel like many who spent hundreds on rng for dolphins or costume or w.e would rage quit anyways... In a situation like this.. Its a lose-lose situation for trion

You're right, but it's a small egg-on-your-face loss where you can turn it around by being the good guy and stepping up to the expectations of the community. OR it can be the other kind of loss, one the game won't recover from. Server pops were getting lower and a large number of people, myself included, have decided this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Put simply....if people already HAD the dolphin mount, you give them the better, pink mount and the $99 pack. If people already HAD the outfit, you give them another very rare outfit and the $99 pack. Every other poor son of a gun who's paid for patron since launch, you give them them everything outlined in that massive "come back to archeage gift" pack. And you do it with a smile on your face.

However. I have a pretty good idea where the final decision for this will lie (hint: not the producers), and having seen how that person has walked away from the community, combined with the focus on "give us all your cash now", I don't think we'll get what we deserve, to the detriment of everyone who enjoys this game.

Tormentedone
03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Nothing less than giving this to every single active player in this game will suffice. AND a refund to ALL the players that purchased the 100+$ pack that was to include these items.

All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

TingTangTong
03-19-2015, 06:58 PM
For all those who payed a fortune in your supply crate for the dolphine, i ask for a refound in credits. it's unfare we have to pay for it and that some non patron receive it free.

refund in credits ?

what for ?
to spend on RNG boxes that give you nothing you want only to get ♥♥♥♥ed in the ♥♥♥ once again by trion down the line again ? lol

creep
03-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Are the forums locked down? I only have permission to post here in the News & Announcements section.

JoJoFoxx
03-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Are the forums locked down? I only have permission to post here in the News & Announcements section.

they shut everything down like north korea, prevent more flame. haha funny right?

Xayden
03-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Same for me creep, i think it's locked down so they can reduce the uproar.

I don't comment normally but this is insane, I've never seen a company try to fail so hard. I will be absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, if they actually man up and do the right thing for the Patron accounts that have been paying and playing.

You don't give items like this away to individuals that have left your product when your loyal customers have payed hundreds of dollars to try to get them.

I'm just honestly dumbfounded at the lack of leadership and common sense with this company.

Depingah
03-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Nothing less than giving this to every single active player in this game will suffice. AND a refund to ALL the players that purchased the 100+$ pack that was to include these items.

Why would I want another Dolphin mount? Or the glider skin again?

I'm hoping they're going to put a little more thought into this than some of those replying to this thread have shown.

davyj0427
03-19-2015, 07:07 PM
They are making it worse. These people just don't get it. Trion, seriously get someone who plays this game and pay them in game time to consult for you. Because whoever you have there making these decisions is either 1. not a player of this game, or 2. completely incompetent. My guess is both.

zalvati0n
03-19-2015, 07:09 PM
So people did get ALL those items because they were fast at complaining in the morning?? This keeps getting better and better! I really dont understand how this can happen.. We live in 2015 and Trion have been on the MMO market for a long time! They should know better! They really really should!!

Okay Trion.. You have 2 choices imo.
1. Give us all that package, all of it. You will loose some money now, but not in the long run, and your paying customer that's paying your bills right now will get happy, satisfied and stay as paying customer.
2. Take ALL the items back, and make a more suitable package, with out damaging the current paying playerbase! The current paying player base, are the one's u need to keep.

All this would've been a little storm instead of this flaming war, if all items in the Market Place had 1 static price, and not a RNG box! Then people can buy what they want, and dont get screwed over by stunts like this! This also happened with the Sloth glider. When do you learn that the RNG box is damaging the game from with in! If you doesn't change the way its been handleling now, im certain that many paying customers will leave very very soon, or next time something idiotic like this is happening again, or when the next tripple A mmo is in beta.

Jeapers
03-19-2015, 07:16 PM
I spent quite a bit of money buying packs for a dolphin not as much as some but this is quite disturbing. I would want a refund for all the packs I bought or free packs with a different rare to try for. Since I bought my first one that so many got for free.

Hercx
03-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Same as many here, if this is not resolved with actual loyal players getting something of equal value I will be leaving this game for good. Last chance trino

bliz
03-19-2015, 07:18 PM
XP pots, archeum for craft, experia or thing like that is a good thing to come back, item who can be buy in shop like mount why not but HOW MANY player have the dauphin ? what is the % of player who have one if he is really common ? Because for me the only water mount who are faster than me are the donkey and i see 0 dauphin since i'm ingame atm on live server (dahuta).

So for the moment it's another deception, when do you think to put all the "largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality" in shop with gem and not in RNG Chest with a tiny % to have the object that you want...

Russian have a lot in shop without rng chest depending item, and their server are still here, not broken, KR have lot's too and a "normal" dahuta dauphin droprate too. And your strange normalization, did you try the kraken glider on EU/NA and on RU server for example ? It's very very very different (it's one of the "special glider" without additional skill)!

I Hope you will find a good way for every actual patron, sorry for my english, and have a nice day/night.

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
The rewards need to be non-tradeable at the very least so that minimal impact on the economy is experienced.

Bruttle
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Okay Trion.. You have 2 choices imo.
1. Give us all that package, all of it. You will loose some money now, but not in the long run, and your paying customer that's paying your bills right now will get happy, satisfied and stay as paying customer.

The thing is, they would be giving out digital products. The only lost money would be the manpower used to apply these items to the account.

Now there could be a case made for potential income loss because those items could have had a monetary value. People could have purchased them with real money. However, this case falls apart when they are looking at losing a large portion of their player base. These items would be given out in an ATTEMPT to keep their current customers.

If their customers leave, nobody will be spending money. So handing out digital items wouldn't incur a potential income loss because the players that would have bought these items wouldn't be playing anyway...

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Apex are already trading at 250g or less, we're in a very real recession at the hands of Trino's meddling with the economy. None of this makes sense.

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 07:22 PM
If everyone gets these items, Im demanding for nothing then a full refund!!

Omega Rugal
03-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Same for me creep, i think it's locked down so they can reduce the uproar.

I don't comment normally but this is insane, I've never seen a company try to fail so hard. I will be absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, if they actually man up and do the right thing for the Patron accounts that have been paying and playing.

You don't give items like this away to individuals that have left your product when your loyal customers have payed hundreds of dollars to try to get them.

I'm just honestly dumbfounded at the lack of leadership and common sense with this company.
I',m not. They probably just got done doing a pound of blow when someone had the bright idea to give away tons of stuff to attract people who quit playing mainly because of their incompetence. Obviously it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Jenelise
03-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Trion, if you stop treating your loyal player base like complete crap, you wouldn't need such extravagant "win-back" programs. It's going to take a doozy of a win-back pack to get back half of the players you just lost.

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 07:26 PM
and this is why im not re-subbing f you trion you gave out more than a patron got

romonster
03-19-2015, 07:28 PM
I really hope I do NOT get all these items given to me; I don't even want most of them.

Xayden
03-19-2015, 07:28 PM
I',m not. They probably just got done doing a pound of blow when someone had the bright idea to give away tons of stuff to attract people who quit playing mainly because of their incompetence. Obviously it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Thanks for the lol Omega. :)

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 07:33 PM

4 on my side (2 of my and 2 of my GF) and apped my brother he and his wife have canceled also intotal 8 patrons

Kasca
03-19-2015, 07:34 PM
This is cray cray

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 07:35 PM
should i even mention their lies about the patron credit discount here....so they double f their patrons that have STAYED loyal and expect them to keep staying after this im writting off the whole company not just this one game

Jeanina
03-19-2015, 07:35 PM
thanks for the Sig!

Crazy Carter
03-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the update. Appreciate what you are doing!

Bunnyleptic
03-19-2015, 07:41 PM
I am all for trying to boost the population and lure people back but there are certain things that must be kept in mind:

Other games give out a free month subscription. Why? Because they are not F2P. That is the only way they can usually lure people back.

This game is F2P. Anyone can come back at any time and try all the new content for free. Buying a subscription just gives you patron and access to land. You should NEVER give that out to anyone for free unless you give everyone that is currently paying for it free time as well. Land is one of the main ways to "get ahead" in this game legit without a credit card.

You should not be giving out items other people had to pay for or wasted tons of RL money trying for. That is very bad juju. Give returning players simple items like a couple (read COUPLE) xp boosts and or something that is obtainable in game with ease without using real money to get it. Smaller items you can buy on Mirage Isle would be sufficient. Say a 24x24 house plan or clipper. That would lure people to actually BUY a subscription without just giving them that for free and more. =/ A clipper would force people to have to buy an auction ticket to buy items to build it or find another way to get mats (patron for land or bonding with a guild/other players to try to mooch).

This plan was an epic fail. While you have my kudos for admitting it and now attempting to fix it, I encourage you to think clearly when you create your compensations. Not all players are created equal. The dolphin mount is cool and all but not all of us want that. Some would prefer a different mount they spent tons of RL money trying to get but failed at. Maybe give people a choice. A) Carrot Dash, B) Mirage Bear, or C) Dolphin etc.

As for the secrets packs given out, again bad juju. Please think clearly about the compensation there as well. Loyal people payed lots of money for these packs and now they are being handed out for free to quitters. We've payed for the packs and we have all of the items in them already. We dont need the same items again and many of us wouldnt want them again. Some equivalent package that gives people a choice as to what they get (marketplace credits, loyalty tokens etc are good options or RNG boxes with a better drop rate) might be a better option in the long run towards making everyone happy.

This might have been a bit rambling but is my 2 cents.

Nice post and you nailed it. I like your suggestions as well ;)

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Lets see 3 Patron accounts cancelations , 950$ worth of Charge backs I will be issuing if this isn't fixed, And dont quote any BS to me how i cant get a charge back on this. I have already contacted my bank and they agree with me that due to Trions clear intention to Sell merchandise and give the same product away for free at the same time, without notifying anyone that the product i was purchasing may go for free in later promotion or without refunding me the diffrence (like ANY store will do) is a clear violation of Visa Fraud Protection.

Volcan
03-19-2015, 07:45 PM
I quit my patron status today for that, and i'm about to quit the game...

If they win a 99 dollar pack... we, the patron and ACTIVE players, deserves the double of that value.

Devlinne
03-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Ummmm how about waiting for the results tommorow before exploding?
I mean yeah, they MESSED up. Ok, so when the mess up happens, we HAMMER them. Ok, fair. But now Khro has come on and said, "Were gonna fix it" and even gave a timeline of the fix.
You STILL wanna bash them?
Don't get it twisted. I want something from all of this too. Just that i'm gonna wait for what the something actually is before exploding. Seems logical no?

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Lets see 3 Patron accounts cancelations , 950$ worth of Charge backs I will be issuing if this isn't fixed, And dont quote any BS to me how i cant get a charge back on this. I have already contacted my bank and they agree with me that due to Trions clear intention to Sell merchandise and give the same product away for free at the same time, without notifying anyone that the product i was purchasing may go for free in later promotion or without refunding me the diffrence (like ANY store will do) is a clear violation of Visa Fraud Protection.

two patron (founder) accounts, doing the exact same thing, multiple calls to the cc company and they said it wouldnt be an issue for the chargebacks because of the false wording of the credit discount, as well as giving away the products for free

meaghs
03-19-2015, 07:47 PM
Personally I can see how this is going to end badly. This is a game that I enjoy with my partner and family. We lead a great guild and have a strong community built here. Unfortunately a few of our members, my partner included, spent quite a bit of cash on rng boxes getting that dolphin. It is very difficult for me to imagine how this is going to end well with them. How are those people who invested so heavily getting the dolphin going to feel when the dust settles? The effect will ripple across the community.

I care less about a dolphin... but if my partner is still upset about this then we will very likely close up shop and walk away from the game. Trion will loose 5 patron accounts right there. When we leave what will happen to the members of our guild? How many of them will stay?

I am sure that my situation is not unique. It is going to be a terrible loss for the game and community. I sure hope that Trion manages to pull the rabbit out of their hat and surprise us all.

Zozobra
03-19-2015, 07:48 PM
There’s an old joke about a guy who asks a woman whether she will have sex with him for $10. She is highly insulted and slaps him. Then he asks ‘how about for $1000’ and she stops to think about it before slowly saying, ‘no thanks’. He floats the number $10,000 and she is suddenly very willing. He replies ‘now that we know what you are, let’s talk about the price’. To those who have been posting suggestions about what it would take to keep you in the game, re-read your posts and think about this joke. The real point here is that Trion has just dropped any pretense of fairness, community, trust, and other warm/fuzzy relationship terms.

I’ve lived without a dolphin mount for months, and won’t stay if I get one or leave if I do not. What will make or break my relationship with this game is whether I am treated with respect and honesty. Those illusions just got wiped away. I’m only another cash cow. So, Trion, how about giving us some solid reasons to think we are anything more than credit card numbers to you. Perhaps some clear policies which will keep this from happening again tomorrow. Or maybe some ethics guidelines for your people against which we can measure their future actions. That would really help restore a bit of trust and repair the damage from this fiasco.

Otherwise, another old joke applies: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”.

Viper841
Over on reddit, a poster has done calculations in terms of loyalty of what this win-back program was worth. Essentially, Trion gave away approximately 2319 loyalty tokens to entice people back to the game. That is equivalent to 463 days of loyalty and that is without trying to price the value of the Owl, the Experia patches, the XP potions, or the vocation tonics. This is 2x the amount of loyalty a Patron could have earned if they logged in every single day since launch!

yuricorn
How much of the staff is outsourced? Was the drafting of this program commissioned to an outside party? I can't imagine an embarrassment of this magnitude making it all the way to fruition unhindered. Anyone familiar with the way our version of the game is monetized should have seen this coming from a mile away. There's just a comical disconnect between the arrangement of this package and the current business model.

it's bad enough that players devalue items from RNG boxes. But to have the publishers do it for you...lol come on trion take some responsibility for your mistake and wow us Tomorrow with what you came up with.

I genuinely hope, for your own sake trion, that we can at least trust you with the integrity of our credit card information.

This gonna be good

Yaminn
03-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Just want to say I have zero problems with this promotion. Good on Trion for trying to get more players back. Bad on this community for being so childish.

Draskya
03-19-2015, 07:55 PM
We’re not complaining because you're deciding to enable a winback system, as a company you are in your right to do so. What bothers us is:

* Put 3 Jackpots of different RNG as a reward . If u had decided give away X number of chest (RNG) instead of the Jackpot, no one would’ve felt annoyed

* Put Packs that are being purchased for real money. If u had given playing time, experience boost, experience items (such as experia), a moderate amount of credits, vanity items (such as mirage mount, some dyes, some plush, some fashion item), ... there would have been these problems.

* Give 100$ in objects to inactive players who left the game while many active players despite all the game problems (bugs, hacks, …) keep playing, paying the patron, using our money and time with your game. This seems like a joke. Do you want recover players? Firsly keep the ones you have.

So its not fair that we’ve spent our time and money in getting exclusive items, that only can be obtained in RNG chest, to see how you give these items to the inactive players. It's a game and therefore we will continue playing while we have entertainment. You are a company and therefore you want to earn profits. Nobody provides that our loyalty has to be valued. But you have played with our money that's the same as laugh at us, and that is unacceptable.

You say you want to be transparent but the first players who have complained have received ingame compensation email. Why they can receive it and the other players cant?

If already Trion should be ashamed to sell lottery chest, this situation has become unacceptable. As for me, I will wait until tomorrow, but according to your response I will decide if I leave the game permanently.

Ragz
03-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Just want to say I have zero problems with this promotion. Good on Trion for trying to get more players back. Bad on this community for being so childish.

Why dont you go back to your ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ site and stay there....

Lots of people spent money to get an item that was suppose to be free in the first place, then placed in a RNG box and then given to people who have quit the game?

Lots of logic there...

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 07:56 PM

Are you insane? How would you feel that right after you paid your rent for your apartment your Manager gives 2 free months to the guy who was moving out next door?

meaghs
03-19-2015, 07:57 PM
just curious how much Yaminn spent trying to get the dolphin..

interweb77
03-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Post contact number for Trion plz, unless I speak to them, I may file dispute,

Goros
03-19-2015, 08:01 PM
As a guild we've spent over $4k on the Crowfall kickstarter and over 30 current and former AA players are coming with us. We aren't big, but expect this number to be repeated by players on all your servers from guilds of all sizes.

Nail
In
The
Coffin

Rukhy
03-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Are you insane? How would you feel that right after you paid your rent for your apartment your Manager gives 2 free months to the guy who was moving out next door?

Not "Moving out", it's Moved out.
The guy moved out, your landlord sent him a letter inviting him to come back to stay for free for 2 months. No obligation to renew the rental agreement. Just come use the room as your free hotel for a period!

bigsnbou
03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
There’s an old joke about a guy who asks a woman whether she will have sex with him for $10. She is highly insulted and slaps him. Then he asks ‘how about for $1000’ and she stops to think about it before slowly saying, ‘no thanks’. He floats the number $10,000 and she is suddenly very willing. He replies ‘now that we know what you are, let’s talk about the price’. To those who have been posting suggestions about what it would take to keep you in the game, re-read your posts and think about this joke. The real point here is that Trion has just dropped any pretense of fairness, community, trust, and other warm/fuzzy relationship terms.

I’ve lived without a dolphin mount for months, and won’t stay if I get one or leave if I do not. What will make or break my relationship with this game is whether I am treated with respect and honesty. Those illusions just got wiped away. I’m only another cash cow. So, Trion, how about giving us some solid reasons to think we are anything more than credit card numbers to you. Perhaps some clear policies which will keep this from happening again tomorrow. Or maybe some ethics guidelines for your people against which we can measure their future actions. That would really help restore a bit of trust and repair the damage from this fiasco.

Otherwise, another old joke applies: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”.

Exactly .. what about the "thank you" and "atta boy" packs/gifts those of us who have been patron since the get-go AND had spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in the cash shop as well? It would be nice to know we are appreciated as well. Not even a thanks ..

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Not "Moving out", it's Moved out.
The guy moved out, your landlord sent him a letter inviting him to come back to stay for free for 2 months. No obligation to renew the rental agreement. Just come use the room as your free hotel for a period!

Not to good with my english, they get the point though :)

VVolfgang
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
I feel like I just got ♥♥♥♥ on, looks like it might be time to move on.

Dirtyredz
03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
http://camelotunchained.com/v2/

Already signed up!!

Animaester
03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Is this how desperate AA has become to get more players? Or is it that you don't appreciate your most loyal players at all?

Rukhy
03-19-2015, 08:06 PM
http://camelotunchained.com/v2/

Already signed up!!

I swear i read it as Cameltoechained from first glance.LOL

JerryBoyle
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2znoi4/archage_korea_promotioncomeback_event/

Looks like XLGames is having a similar and yet better event to what we have. Can we say XL is at fault for the implementation of our event?

Nemu
Ummmm how about waiting for the results tommorow before exploding?
I mean yeah, they MESSED up. Ok, so when the mess up happens, we HAMMER them. Ok, fair. But now Khro has come on and said, "Were gonna fix it" and even gave a timeline of the fix.
You STILL wanna bash them?
Don't get it twisted. I want something from all of this too. Just that i'm gonna wait for what the something actually is before exploding. Seems logical no?
If we don't blow up the forum they will think " oh, not many people are complaining, I guess its not that big of a deal" To get anything changed you need to be as loud as possible.

This is more important than free stuff.

Bloodsinger
03-19-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm sure it's been said a million times in this thread but I just want to add my voice.

Someone really thought it was a good idea to hand out an item for free en masse that people have spent $100s of dollars trying to acquire and probably still don't have?

Ellcrys
03-19-2015, 08:12 PM
All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

Ok agree....but....

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

Right. Gametime like 14 Days, some little Potions to start leveling or crafting... but....

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

but...:
Missed the Mark? Whats the mark ? 100 EUR and more for comeback and selling stuff that other give 300 labor points, huge amount of gold, money for?
Its more then a simple "Missed the Mark".

-Khro

I think this must be a really good solution that you will offer to the existing cutomers. I guess its one more time you kickin the existing Patrons.
I payed more than 700 EUR for this game since Alpha. I'll quit this Game and searching an other Game with a better Communitymanagement, where i feel better and more fairly handled.

So...waiting for your answere.

Greets

Ellcrys (JJ)

Zes
03-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Its funny that I re-patron'd the day they started sending these out. Why am I being punished for giving Trion money?

Sintu
03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
What comes down tomorrow will more then likely have a real affect on the future of this game for me. Very disappointed on how this has been handled.

Browncoats

Nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥ what you think or about your crap blog, enjoy playing the game with the other handful of people who are bad with money and investing time into getting swindled and taken advantage of.

Sneezewortt
cancel the charge on your card now

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 08:21 PM
What comes down tomorrow will more then likely have a real affect on the future of this game for me. Very disappointed on how this has been handled.

Don't get your hopes up, their compensation packages have never been anymore more then a slap to the face.

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 08:22 PM
founder and all subsequent subscription charges have been disputed and cs verified on the phone they will all most likely get accepted, oh and thats 2 accounts. buh bye

finally the very last straw, first kick your founders in the face going back on the credit discount, then with all the apex exploits and box exploits (for those that spent cash on them), now this after keeping subbed on two founder accounts the whole time?

go ahead and ban my accounts trion, im pulling all my money back that ive given you, and never considering any of your games ever again peace

Viper841
03-19-2015, 08:23 PM

I actually enjoyed watching my Thatched Farmhouse burn to the ground.

Sirrah Greed
03-19-2015, 08:40 PM
I can believe this happened.

What I can't believe is someone got paid to come up with such a ♥♥♥♥ty plan of action LOL.

HEY, WE WANT YOU TO COME BACK ARCHEAGE, HERE'S A FREE DOLPHIN, GO BRAG TO THOSE GUYS WHO BLEW 600$ ON BOXES AND FAILED. NAME YOUR GUILD <We Came Back For Dolphins> and then quit in 30 days. #TrollOurPatrons #YOLO

So fail.

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
trion is headed into EA territory in my book

xPariah
03-19-2015, 09:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HPjIaLu.png

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Expect same care package on my mail by friday.

I spent 150$ for a Permanent Owl Mail post no joke, the fact someone who hasn't played gets one for free AND Lucky Points AND Dolphin/Glider is a real kick in the balls.

Trion, this is a real kick in the balls to me and everyone else who has funded you guys

ultimatejosher
03-19-2015, 09:02 PM
What were you guys thinking? If we don't get this kind of support soon ill be dropping my patron and quitting. Stop screwing your paying customers over!

Rogash
03-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Trion GM's be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i052WLd0yKc

Theioden
03-19-2015, 09:34 PM
So, this is what I don't get...

1) You through someone under the bus. You literally just said that the people who are doing the promotion are the only ones at fault. You are saying that it is all these peoples fault and you are not taking responsibility yourself.

2) People who gotten the promotion are benefiting greatly. People who already have patron, got the promotion by your GM's this morning. They are now reaping the benefits of this.

3) There wasn't even any sort of global apology for this screw up. There was no "Hey look, my bad guys, kinda messed up on this one." It was just one "Hey I had nothing to do with this.. But that guy Bob in accounting, he totally is at fault." There was no remorse, just "Stay tuned to see what happens next week on Jersey Shore."

4) If you do fix this, anything short of what other people got will just cause an even MORE outrage because it's like "Hey so, we know we gave other people Dolphin Mounts even though they didnt work at all to get it, or even earn them. Know we gave them passes and butt load of potions, but I mean, at least we are giving you this amazing whistle!!! Look.. the Whistle can even make noises.."

5) #Dolphingate is trending right now I believe and pretty soon, it's going to be put on all major MMO websites and articles are going to be made about it. All because of, wait for it, "Bob in Accounting".

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e5/e55cd912e5c1ca505f58f77a188f86a3070a788a7f8be7bae2 c369eda51f577f.jpg

haha. I couldnt've said it better myself! HA!!! BOB IN ACCOUNTING!!!! too great

Lucian Alpha
03-19-2015, 09:35 PM
It sounds as if this was a spur of the moment idea and execution.

The reasoning behind it does not hold up. This is a highly social game, that release regularly event packs with its main feature being cosmetic items. If it was so insignificant of a thing then it would not be in the cash shop, it would be craftable or free.

Some people really love some of the costumes and rare mounts that come out in those RNG packs, and spend a considerable amount trying hard to get them.

The dolphin is quite hard to get and majority will end up spending well over 300$ to acquire...and still not get it.

The same can be said for the Wing Skin and the Ebongleam clothing.

For a social game, status also can play a role in what makes items important to players. Especially cash shop oriented game, but even those games that are not cash shop.... For a good portion of the player base, Its always the harder items to acquire that elevates people and keeps them playing.

I am pretty sure not all people whipped out their credit cards to buy credits to get RNG boxes to open, There is a good majority that used there hard earned game gold to buy Apex to get these RNG boxes one by one bit by bit.

As a game who relies on a major portion of its income from cash items, how could this have so easily been overlooked?

This is unacceptable.

Even if existed packs are also given to existing patron, the damage is done. The money, time and , energy spent getting those hard to get items is still lost.

The only way to fix this is to take those items back that were sent out, and issue a statement that something like this wont ever happen again.

interweb77
03-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Just cancled patron after 6 months of play, still have 32 days till expire but will see....Thank you for leting me quit T r i on. Thank you

Condemned Chrispy
03-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Even if existed packs are also given to existing patron, the damage is done. The money, time and , energy spent getting those hard to get items is still lost.

The only way to fix this is to take those items back that were sent out, and issue a statement that something like this wont ever happen again.
They can't possibly undo this.. They can't take back from players.. they wouldn't dare to do a reroll either..

The only "Fix" is to make patrons happy, how must they do this? compensate every last one of "Us"

Keep in mind when i say "Us" i mean players who are playing this game and has had patron.

If tomorrow they decided that all CURRENT patrons will get something then i laugh.. simply because the people who got their "Welcome Back" reward is now patron..

Col
03-19-2015, 09:52 PM
All,

-Khro

I’d like to be transparent

transparent

You keep saying this word but it doesn't feel like you are being transparent enough with us, are we going to get the same rewards as loyal patrons?

Tangarie
03-19-2015, 10:01 PM
This unbelievable! I feel so stupid buying the new $150 secret pack after buying $200 worth of credits trying to get the dolphin mount (and not getting it). omg, and players get it for FREE? I'm so fed up with trion right now.... what the hell are you thinking?!?!?!?!!? I'm done with this game and trion

Tanzin
03-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Right now myself and my entire group of friends are so unbelievebly mad at this we are about to all quit together we are talking over 30 patrons here. How they can do this and exclude those who buy the 150 dollar packs is just ludicrious. Hey lets give people who dont play our game thousands of gold and a years worth of loyalty in items and not give anything to the people who PAY to play the game and have been loyal since the start. Alot of my group have just purchased the 150 dollar secret pack and all are regreting investing in this game at this point. I hope they start issuing refunds for those that purchased those "secrets" packs as they have been royaly cheated.

Sneezewortt
03-19-2015, 10:07 PM
think about founders who didnt get what they paid for, and have seen every slight since alpha and only go down hill, and still stuck it out, now this....credit discount not working as advertised for founders, giving out for free to players that left the game essentially more game time than the founders got and essentially more credits than founders got....i mean wtf

Varren
03-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Right now myself and my entire group of friends are so unbelievebly mad at this we are about to all quit together we are talking over 30 patrons here. How they can do this and exclude those who buy the 150 dollar packs is just ludicrious. Hey lets give people who dont play our game thousands of gold and a years worth of loyalty in items and not give anything to the people who PAY to play the game and have been loyal since the start. Alot of my group have just purchased the 150 dollar secret pack and all are regreting investing in this game at this point. I hope they start issuing refunds for those that purchased those "secrets" packs as they have been royaly cheated.

Quoted for Truth lets start this petition rolling Patrons for fair treatment.

Pipemaker
03-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Please explain to me how somebody that no longer supports your game deserves a $150 package for free, when I have been an active LOYAL SUBSCRIBER HELPING YOU GUYS PAY YOUR RENT AND GIVING YOU JOB SECURITY and had to pay $150 of my HARD EARNED DOLLAR BILLS for the same thing they got for free FOR NOT SUPPORTING

ZStan
03-19-2015, 10:12 PM
I bought the 150$ trailblazer pack to play alpha like 2 years ago and I let my patron expire in December, I haven't renewed it.
I did not receive a dolphin mount or a email stating that I should receive a dolphin. As far as I know, the only thing you had to to do qualify for the dolphin was to not have patron active on a account that's been played recently, correct?

Where the ♥♥♥♥ is my dolphin, Trion?
I made a ticket and I was just redircted to this page and an automatic response stating that they are sorry for the frustration caused by this event.
WHERE IS MY ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ DOLPHIN

Do you even read tickets or do you just look at the title and send an automatic response? Like what the ♥♥♥♥, is your office run by monkeys?

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 10:15 PM
Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble. It's all been said. Where's our loot?

Fiain
03-19-2015, 10:16 PM
I think they ought to offer us one of three costumes, one of three rng mounts, and the rest of what was in the packages, and a choice of glider customizations. Costumes and mounts and glider from rng. That way those who already have it can pick something else.

AlphaandOmega
03-19-2015, 10:19 PM
ArcheAge Community,

Please sign this petition for new business management and changes which need to be made within the game. This petition has been sent to all of the investment groups of Trion Worlds.

https://www.change.org/p/comcast-ventures-be-aware-of-business-managements-decisions-which-are-reducing-player-base-of-their-new-game-archeage

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Should be an interesting live feed tomorrow.

Nirvii
03-19-2015, 10:25 PM
All,

-Khro
Other MMO did like this? Hell no, in WoW, there is no RNG box that give them mount. What they did to bring people back is that they give those people free game time, and that's it. They give the current players who recruit the old player and also give the old player with new mount, i repeat they gave "the active players" and "the old players" (If old player had subscribe).
No such thing like giving the most precious rare mount to the old players, no such thing like what you did.

The offer was not far too generous. It was "outrageous". You backstabbed all the people who had paid and gambled for that RNG boxes for those rare mounts you gave em for free? You basicly backstabbed all the people who paid 150$ for secret pack and just gave that packgage for free? Not only 1 simple mount, but free glider free costume free lucky sunpoint which changed the fortune (300-500g a pop is not something to treat lightly! that was like 20-30 fishes of hard working!)

Seriously TRION, you made a big mess. Clean it up properly please or expect us to not trust you again. We will not subscribe anymore and will not purchase your "RNG box" again since it pretty obvious that you will give those away for frees at anytime you want. You actually "devalue" your own RNG rare good that normal people had to pay for it.

fpsfezy
03-19-2015, 10:35 PM
What do you plan to do to make up for yesterday's dolphin fiasco? Your "Win-back program" caused one of Calleil's most prominent guild leaders and a large portion of his guild to quit the game. Your attempt to bring back old players has only lowered the population on an already dying server.

tiny267
03-19-2015, 10:38 PM
this is what u get for not being a loyal customer

WHAT DO U THINK THE LOYAL CUSTOMERS SHOULD GET ???????????????

Not all items are in the loyalty shop, but most of those that are not in loyalty are in the credit shop.
And since the Worker's Compensation is in "both", at 300 credits = 25 loyalty, we have a basis for comparison at 12 credits = 1 loyalty point. (300 divided by 25)
ANALYSIS: (Loyalty points or equivalent)
125 = 5x Workers Comp
100 = Lucky Sunpoint
50 = Lucky Moonpoint
50 = Lucky Starpoint
70 = 2x Rumbling Archeum Sapling
80 = 2x Aquatic Archeum Supply Crate (at 490 credits = 40 loyalty each)
67 = 10x Vocation Potion (80 credits each. 80X10 / 12 = 67 Loyalty)
25 = 10x Dual Recovery potion (30 credits each. 30x10 / 12 =25 Loyalty)
300 = 25x Lucky Quicksilver Potion (80 credits each. 80x25 / 12 = 300 Loyalty)
300 = 25x Immortal XP Potion (80 credits each see above)
300 = 25x Vocation Tonic (80 credits each see above)
155 = Golden Teardrop Storage Chest (1862 credits / 12 = 155 Loyalty)
15 = 7 Day First Floor Pass (180 credits / 12 = 15)
30 = 7 Day Second Floor Pass (360 credits / 12 = 30)
60 = 7 Day Third Floor Pass (720 credits / 12 = 60)
That's 1651 Loyalty tokens above. Now if we also assume:
300 = Dynasty Robes Costume is 300 Loyalty like other costume
300 = Dolphin Mount is 300 Loyalty like Donkey mount
67 = Glider Customization is 800 credit (divided by 12 = 67 Loyalty)
That is a Grand Total of 2,319 Loyalty token equivalent, or 463 days (1+ year) of loyalty!!
And that is WITHOUT trying to price the permanent AnyPost Owl, any of the Experia patches, the XP potion(s), and the Professional Tonic(s).
Basically, Trion gave rewards to returning players equivalent to TWICE as much as someone who stayed loyal and paid EVERY DAY since launch! THIS is why current patrons are upset!
And the lucky few current patrons who contacted in game chat in time to complain, ALSO got this reward. This made the problem 10x worse.

Phobik
03-19-2015, 10:38 PM
All,

-Khro

Others most likely said it, but if us patron who DIDNT JUST BAIL ON THE GAME dont get this ♥♥♥♥ in a equal manner im just going to charge back all the money i spent on this game, and just simply leave this and move on. everytime you guys start doing something good to this game you kick your self in the face and ♥♥♥♥ it up and piss the whole community off. looking fwd to this live stream.

Vendui
03-19-2015, 10:41 PM
ArcheAge Community,

Please sign this petition for new business management and changes which need to be made within the game. This petition has been sent to all of the investment groups of Trion Worlds.

https://www.change.org/p/comcast-ventures-be-aware-of-business-managements-decisions-which-are-reducing-player-base-of-their-new-game-archeage

#Signed

I really hope they have something figured out, tomoro will be a very bleak day if the player base is not satisfied.

Nemu
03-19-2015, 10:50 PM
The offer was not far too generous. It was "outrageous".

^

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bruttle
03-19-2015, 10:53 PM
The best part is, most of the players that received this incentive to come back, won't stay. You know why?

All the issues that caused them to leave in the first place still exist. ALL OF THEM
None of the items placed in this "gift" actually facilitate returning. Its just a bunch of random stuff.
They're going to log in and find the population dropped even further than when they left.
They will read the forums, news feeds, and faction chat. This isn't the first and likely not the last time Trion will slap their patrons in the face.

So what really was the point? Not only did you release "incentives" that were little more than random stuff, but you also alienated your dwindling loyal customer base, and proved once again that you are really trying to ruin this beautiful game for all of us.

MIGhunter
03-19-2015, 10:55 PM
So pissed right now. I've spent $220 on those boxes for the dolphin. STILL DONT HAVE IT! That doesn't include all the apex I've bought with in game gold on both NA and EU servers. This makes me want to quit, oh wait, I did the 6 month sub so I can't....

I better log into a dolphin or I'm going back to FFXIV!

Fitzcairn
03-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Trion GM's be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i052WLd0yKc

Man you killed me ! this is the best parody i ever seen good job :D

Mechew
03-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Trion you really screwed up this one........

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Time to hop on twitter. #dolphingate

SlarK
03-19-2015, 10:59 PM
I cannot even replay to any posts on general discusison. Is it anything normal related to this forum or game? or everything is broken?
Should i even mention that i have lvl 55?

SlarK, your request could not be completed.

You must have a character of level 15 or higher to be able to post to the forums, or you do not have permission to complete this action.

alcheon
03-19-2015, 11:00 PM
This did not explained why people who left archeage for sometime gets to get item that patrons/ or even normal players who spent time and can't get the item that was gifted to the inactive players, compensation/reward should also be given to current players.

Nemu
03-19-2015, 11:00 PM
I hope everyone on this thread will flood and troll their stream on twitch this friday to tell them how there are stupid ♥♥♥♥ers

Link to this please.

Noskire
03-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Sigh, and I was thinking that Trino was actually moving in the right direction with ArcheAge and then they pull this stunt. I honestly don't know how they'll fix this.

Noskire
03-19-2015, 11:10 PM
trion is headed into EA territory in my book

Dude, they're making EA seem like the good guys...

Blindmoon
03-19-2015, 11:10 PM
God , you got to love the Trion team
they try so hard
but they keep stepping on their own D--k
They can not go more than a week with out screwing something up .
Every time they start to do something right , they do a even bigger screw up .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tf4W86wgHk

Fitzcairn
03-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Trion are just a bunch of ♥♥♥♥in amateur just like used to say Walter in The Big Lebowski :D
https://youtu.be/R2J5OWdu3xM

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Link to this please.

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/19/archeage-livestream-march-20-at-230-pm-pdt/

imnotyoda
03-19-2015, 11:13 PM
One thing that is apparent if you watch the streams, is that these are not professionals.

Babykin
03-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Trino, I just purchased the $150 package essentilly for a costume, few experience potions and some experia tree's.

I feel this "come back to archage" package is too close or more valuable than the $150 package I purchased.

Personally I don't feel entitled to anything I'd rather you remove near half from the come back package and retroactivly remove the mount at least from anyone who received it.

Personally the dolphin mount is rubbish , but you don't have it in RNG boxes and hand it out for free to a group of players.

P.s. I thought the drop rate of RNG boxes was being changed? I got 2 crates with my 150$ pack and didn't find ♥♥♥♥ :0(, I didn't want the dolphin or costume (whichever I got) but as I didn't get them at least the rubbish items could be a bit better ( I don't even remember what I got but it wasn't worth silver).

Things that would make good ♥♥♥♥ rewards for RNG boxes:
Archeum
Buff food, drink, scrolls, potions
Other minor cosmetic items (people purchase these for cosmetics, have minor cosmetic rewards possible)
Hearafter stones

So essentially I'm saying put some useful day to day ♥♥♥♥ in your RNG boxes, I don't buy cosmetic boxes but the runner up box prizes should be much much better.

Murderinx
03-19-2015, 11:14 PM
so mind you i served many years over seas fighting for freedom and what is right.
we have never asked for a thank you or for a reward

all we asked for in repayment for our services and sacrifices is , for people to do the right thing
I personally play these games to keep my mind occupied , when having one of my bad days , it does help

its bad enough we have survived already , servers being down forever , you wont except our payment methods and being told same ol bs by customer support, bots out bidding us constantly in auctions , land grabs , gold traders inflating the economy ,now we have to make this game our 2nd full time job to grind out to 55 to be able to stay up with the pack, this game has the potential to be a great mmo if you do things the right way.

its bad enough for those who , cant pay to win to survive in games like this , you make it harder when you pull stunts like this.

Trion you need to do the right thing

Thank you to my brother and sisters in the armed forces for your sacrifices.

Venyarth
03-19-2015, 11:18 PM
this is what u get for not being a loyal customer

WHAT DO U THINK THE LOYAL CUSTOMERS SHOULD GET ???????????????

Not all items are in the loyalty shop, but most of those that are not in loyalty are in the credit shop.
And since the Worker's Compensation is in "both", at 300 credits = 25 loyalty, we have a basis for comparison at 12 credits = 1 loyalty point. (300 divided by 25)
125 = 5x Workers Comp
100 = Lucky Sunpoint
50 = Lucky Moonpoint
50 = Lucky Starpoint
That is a Grand Total of 2,319 Loyalty token equivalent, or 463 days (1+ year) of loyalty!!
And that is WITHOUT trying to price the permanent AnyPost Owl, any of the Experia patches, the XP potion(s), and the Professional Tonic(s).
Basically, Trion gave rewards to returning players equivalent to TWICE as much as someone who stayed loyal and paid EVERY DAY since launch! THIS is why current patrons are upset!
And the lucky few current patrons who contacted in game chat in time to complain, ALSO got this reward. This made the problem 10x worse.

Attribute to source of analysis: (and more discussion on Reddit)

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2zn2j9/problem_solution_aa_gave_2300_loyalty_tokens_1/

Sakrateri
03-19-2015, 11:21 PM
Sign the petition here https://www.change.org/p/comcast-ventures-be-aware-of-business-managements-decisions-which-are-reducing-player-base-of-their-new-game-archeage and stop allowing them to Trion destroy this game.

Myrgatroid
03-19-2015, 11:22 PM
It is gonna be a lowball, lowball gift. IF not, I'll start paying for my acct sub w/ real money. But, it is gonna be lowball as fckkk.

spig
03-19-2015, 11:40 PM
I doubt they will man up and give every patron account the same stuff they tossed out for free. They should, but they won't.

BigMac
03-19-2015, 11:47 PM
I bought the 150$ trailblazer pack to play alpha like 2 years ago and I let my patron expire in December, I haven't renewed it.
I did not receive a dolphin mount or a email stating that I should receive a dolphin. As far as I know, the only thing you had to to do qualify for the dolphin was to not have patron active on a account that's been played recently, correct?

Where the ♥♥♥♥ is my dolphin, Trion?
I made a ticket and I was just redircted to this page and an automatic response stating that they are sorry for the frustration caused by this event.
WHERE IS MY ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ DOLPHIN

Do you even read tickets or do you just look at the title and send an automatic response? Like what the ♥♥♥♥, is your office run by monkeys?

The $150 Archeum pack wasn't available until April 2014, barely 13 months ago. How does 13 months become 'like 2 years'?

Alexandrea
03-19-2015, 11:51 PM
What I don't understand is why I'm being linked to this page in a ticket I sent that had nothing to do with being frustrated with the promotion. I had a simple yes or no question of whether or not I was eligible since I had just re-subbed four days ago after three and a half months of quitting the game and I was redirected here in two responses instead of just getting an answer.

Why? Where you really that lazy you couldn't just read what I wrote and instead just gave me the same copy-pasted ♥♥♥♥ to this thread that does not help me at all? I'm not here to complain, I asked a simple question. What the ♥♥♥♥, why direct people who don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about complaining to this page? What do you get out of that?

kichigaikitsune
03-19-2015, 11:56 PM
I've been a loyal Trion supporter for years. I've tried to overlook a lot of things that bothered me. This however is the first time I honestly feel like I've been slighted. Archeage has taken Trion into a whole new realm of pay to win which I despise as a paying supporter. Then this slap in the face, pay to lose stunt? Ebongleam dynasty robes? Really? I opened plenty of veroe boxes never getting the costume,(I'm an admitted costume junky, that hates rng boxes) yet now you just gave them away?

Trion I may not be Mobey Dick but as a large sea going creature, I would love it if you cleaned up your act. You really want my money let me buy costumes outright stop locking them in boxes I hate. I'm a sucker for 2 things inventory space and costuming, just looking at my rift account should make that obvious.

When my friends kept trying to get me to come to Archeage from Rift, I should have just pulled a Nancy Reagan and, "Just said NO!".

noobgirl
03-19-2015, 11:57 PM
The only way to fix this would be to give all loyal patrons something better than what you just handed out for free to non playing/paying customers like a pegasus mount.

xoxld
03-20-2015, 12:01 AM
METHODOLOGY:
125 = 5x Workers Comp
100 = Lucky Sunpoint
50 = Lucky Moonpoint
50 = Lucky Starpoint

source: reddit

Where are my loyalty token?

DancingShade
03-20-2015, 12:02 AM
The only way to fix this would be to give all loyal patrons something better than what you just handed out for free to non playing/paying customers like a pegasus mount.

A pegasus mount is only half as valuable as the treasure trove of goodies that was sent out for free. I don't need two of them either so what else could Trion offer us?

Alexandrea
03-20-2015, 12:06 AM
A pegasus mount is only half as valuable as the treasure trove of goodies that was sent out for free. I don't need two of them either so what else could Trion offer us?

Well the game doesn't revolve around you and what you don't need.

What should be done is issue the rewards to everyone, paying customers included. Of course some people will get the dolphin mount twice but whatever they get the rest, it's as fair as this is going to get. They've already ♥♥♥♥ed up with giving out a rare item people payed hundreds of dollars to get out of RNG boxes. The least they could do to fix this and move on is issue the reward to everyone and give everyone who bought over x-amount of the dolphin boxes a full refund of credits spent on them.

No it's not fully fair, no not everyone is going to like it. But it's the right step in the direction of "Sorry we ♥♥♥♥ed up, lets not ♥♥♥♥ up anymore."

Geminii
03-20-2015, 12:17 AM
The $150 Archeum pack wasn't available until April 2014, barely 13 months ago. How does 13 months become 'like 2 years'?

time dilation?

Sneezewortt
03-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Well the game doesn't revolve around you and what you don't need.

What should be done is issue the rewards to everyone, paying customers included. Of course some people will get the dolphin mount twice but whatever they get the rest, it's as fair as this is going to get. They've already ♥♥♥♥ed up with giving out a rare item people payed hundreds of dollars to get out of RNG boxes. The least they could do to fix this and move on is issue the reward to everyone and give everyone who bought over x-amount of the dolphin boxes a full refund of credits spent on them.

No it's not fully fair, no not everyone is going to like it. But it's the right step in the direction of "Sorry we ♥♥♥♥ed up, lets not ♥♥♥♥ up anymore."

they should give out the best of the "come back gifts" to all paid customers to their account, allow them to claim each mail separately to specific chars. I highly doubt any paid account has a dolphin on every alt, that would both even the "books" and give a bit extra in the form of choosing which char claims what as a "we're sowwie" even though they dont mean it.

for me they've burned me from original founder debacle all they way to this point, and its soured their company as a whole im uninstalling everything and walking away from trion and all their games, there are better/similar games/experiences elsewhere with much more palatable customer service and development teams running them, my money is better spent elsewhere supporting people (the ones developing the games [ceo and down]) That are actually decent human beings and understand the difference between long term sustainability of your company and growth and short term profits, only the later would make a call like they did to "get customers back." No longer worth my thought or time.

Niteangelg
03-20-2015, 12:22 AM
If it was such a cosmetic item why is it in a rng box and not in costumes. I quit... This is messed up.... How can existing players support you in any way shape or form.... And this is coming from a guy who always defended you...

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 12:25 AM
66 pages 0.o

At the moment , nearly everything a person says will fall on deaf ears in the community as everyone is up in arms..

I honestly would be happy for just a labor pot or 2, but that's just me :3

Kainsshadow
03-20-2015, 12:30 AM
66 pages 0.o

At the moment , nearly everything a person says will fall on deaf ears in the community as everyone is up in arms..

I honestly would be happy for just a labor pot or 2, but that's just me :3

This mistake doesn't even phase me anymore... its basically on par with every month this game has launched xD If they gifted me a black butler costume I'd be happy and might even come back to play the game haha!

Rofy
03-20-2015, 12:34 AM
All of this makes me feel like a fool for paying for patron.

I don't think I have ever felt so mistreated by a game company as with Trion.

Can we get a good 6 months or so without any major screw ups?

Ceedric
03-20-2015, 12:42 AM
As a paid sub player and about 500 dollars in credit sales, this is outrageous. Just bought the 149 dollar pack last week and really regretting that.

blacksea
03-20-2015, 12:43 AM
I spent 200 dollars tryin to get that dolhpin and i hear today from a guildy he got it for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? For the love of god i better get a dolphfin or im out! Check my payment history! How is this fair??? Wtf were you guys thinking!? This is utter bs!!!!

Glove
03-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Patron Founder been playing scince Alpha spent plenty on silly boxes. Never had a sniff of Lucky point's or a costume. People getting them free who have not played feels like a kick in the teeth to me.

Alara
03-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Today is an important day for ArcheAge.

Today ArcheAge's most loyal players get to find out just how much Trion appreciates their clientele.

Sneezewortt
03-20-2015, 12:52 AM

Today ArcheAge's most loyal players get to find out just how much Trion appreciates their clientele.

I think that day happened when they clicked the send on the "come back emails" if not sooner. This is just another nail in the coffin, the last? I doupt it

Kainsshadow
03-20-2015, 12:59 AM

As an ALpha founder... if you're just realizing this is how they treat their clientele you have apparently been blind from day one :P

spig
03-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Saying things about their employees employment will get you banned. Well it did get my other account banned within 30 seconds of the post.

Banned or not, Phoenixash is right. Any reasonable employer would fire someone responsible for a debacle like this instantly. Just normal business practice.

mid
03-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Producer Khrolan said "Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality."

This makes me wonder how much time whoever came up with the package has ever spent on the ocean fishing and things. I have had people on dolphins able to chase down my fishing boat and others many times when we would have been able to get away making them able to make tons of gold in game they would have missed out on and others losing it.

I can understand mistakes being made by anyone and how they cant just give dolphins to everyone to make up for it. I feel it would be nice if they would lower the loyalty cost or maybe toss a nice chunk of loyalty to patrons to show a nice effort to make things right.

Apostle
03-20-2015, 01:06 AM
This is so funny haha
Can't belive you guys fk up with the loyal custumers again. lol
I've been playing this since ALPHA, I bought that 150$ dollars pack and other packs and also cash items and never got anything like that... This is so... lol

I almost quit once because few things I dislike about the currently archeage that I had no problem playing in korea, if I knew about this I would have quit for sure instead buying again more 3 months patron and stuff... I've been patron since alpha, and I don't even have a land or something, I buy workers compensation, so theres no need to still paying still I've been paying since the NA version came out... I can't stop laughing about this... haha
btw some of my friends had mule accounts and they got those 99$ dollar packs... GG

Other thing that makes me sad is I opened 18 of those rng boxes and I didn't get that dolphing or anything really usefull like in those packs from people who didn't care about the game... GJ :)

Qing Hane
03-20-2015, 01:07 AM
I am telling you man the people who make these decisions does not play enough of this game to have a clear judgement.

Flame Soulis
03-20-2015, 01:12 AM
TRION, it's like you are competing with EA with being the worst company in America. Throw in some horrible DRM, include lots of in-game charges, have massive technical issues, and...

*Glyph*
*RNG Boxes*
*Auroria Launch*
*10 hour server maintenance*

Nevermind.

Daen
03-20-2015, 01:25 AM
I already have the dolphin so I better not receive another dolphin.

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 01:26 AM
It looks like all the money we have spent so far on AA means nothing. Our loyalty has brought none from Trion. They have gladly taken our money and have now demonstrated exactly how grateful they are for our hard earned money. Instead of gratitude, we get nothing. In all honesty, Trion pretty much just said "Thanks for all your money! Now get out of here and make way for the new whales!"

It's the only conclusion I can draw from this. Considering they have essentially alienated their current customers in the hopes they would get a whole new batch of players. The best part is, I would put money on that it was intentional. They just weren't expecting this much of a backlash.

Prisha
03-20-2015, 01:26 AM
This is so funny haha
Can't belive you guys fk up with the loyal custumers again. lol
I've been playing this since ALPHA, I bought that 150$ dollars pack and other packs and also cash items and never got anything like that... This is so... lol

I almost quit once because few things I dislike about the currently archeage that I had no problem playing in korea, if I knew about this I would have quit for sure instead buying again more 3 months patron and stuff... I've been patron since alpha, and I don't even have a land or something, I buy workers compensation, so theres no need to still paying still I've been paying since the NA version came out... I can't stop laughing about this... haha
btw some of my friends had mule accounts and they got those 99$ dollar packs... GG

Other thing that makes me sad is I opened 18 of those rng boxes and I didn't get that dolphing or anything really usefull like in those packs from people who didn't care about the game... GJ :)

You are welcome to play the KR and RU version. It is very easy to register for both. Been playing KR since their launch and RU about the same time. Now many videos give step by step instructions. KR and RU are in many ways better, but that's a different topic.

Knife
03-20-2015, 01:28 AM
It's pretty sad that a company screws us over with giving players that QUIT a 99$ pack and the existing players get nothing. Let's see what the giveaway tomorrow includes, but my hopes aren't that high any more.
Depending on the outcome of this I will think about renewing my patron after it runs out. And I know a lot of other patrons will do too.

doubletopping
03-20-2015, 01:31 AM
i want one

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 01:32 AM
It's pretty sad that a company screws us over with giving players that QUIT a 99$ pack

I didn't think about it that way... How many companies screw up this badly by giving out free stuff....

mao16
03-20-2015, 01:36 AM
I never post. None of Trions other screw ups have been anywhere near as insulting as this one.
Give this or something of equal value to your paying customers or I'm done.

Apostle
03-20-2015, 01:47 AM
You are welcome to play the KR and RU version. It is very easy to register for both. Been playing KR since their launch and RU about the same time. Now many videos give step by step instructions. KR and RU are in many ways better, but that's a different topic.

I played korean archeage since day 1, bought my account there still had to stop playing for ping issues, played over 1 year... Just check my character in AA kr database: Cursed
I quit at lvl 53 (played in GENE) :)
I had there all ships, vehicles, and other stuff we won't see here in years :)

Alara
03-20-2015, 01:49 AM
As an ALpha founder... if you're just realizing this is how they treat their clientele you have apparently been blind from day one :P

:D

True.

I should add the word 'again' at some point.

dhodgie
03-20-2015, 01:53 AM
i would say you're stupid TRINO, but i'm pretty sure that has been beaten in your head by the other peoples, so... i'll call a bunch of puss' instead, because you knew this would cause a ♥♥♥♥-storm of unfairness and didn't hold enough weight w/in your own company to stop stupid ♥♥♥♥.

Mystriss
03-20-2015, 02:08 AM
I have to say, I'm a bit angry about this. I sub 4 accounts, just re-upped my extended subs, and I'm regretting it. Thousands of dollars I've thrown at those damn RNG boxes, when really what I should have done is quit... Maybe it's time. I've forgiven all the other things: Crashes, failed launches, and so forth are annoying, but no real skin off my nose since I'm retired and my playtimes aren't in a specific time slot. I've sucked it up on the crafting/archeum drops because there's "supposed" to be an update (though it's cost me hundreds of APEX funded gold to buy archeum so we could at least enjoy the PvP.) I'd even resolved myself to suck up the HORRID RNG on drops/boxes/etc. and basically understood that I was throwing my money away on a 0.0005% chance at something. But this...

No more RNG boxes will be purchased by me Trion/XL Games, you've blown it. You just lost $160/month in credits on my accounts and you'll be lucky if I ever buy APEX again given the current market for them.

I do hope you got enough quitters back to cover the losses of those of us who had supported your RNG cash shop since launch. I was getting a bit tired of never getting what I wanted anyway.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 02:10 AM
Out of countless items the database has you decided to give these as rewards? Did you just close your eyes and random click on what rewards to give? I'm happy i discover this right before i wanted to purchase some packs.
Make sure to that tomorrow giveway will be on the same scale, depending on that we will reconsider about investing cash in your game or not. This is a huge disappoint towards players that keep your cash flow coming.

Rouch
03-20-2015, 02:11 AM
Give me 300 loyalty tokens and this will all be forgotten!!

bela
03-20-2015, 02:13 AM
I bought so many many box for the ♥♥♥♥ing dauphin and i never had it ... and you gift for a inactive players ? do u kidding to me ? fu trion serious never see that on a Mmo ... we paid for your game and we have nothing ...

Kasca
03-20-2015, 02:20 AM
Dun Dun Dun

Morrigan
03-20-2015, 02:20 AM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph..
Amazing, been here since Alpha and I get ziltch?
That blows, so it is more rewarding to not play now?

Sedu
03-20-2015, 02:23 AM
All,

I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

-Khro
You did not get your facts straight mate.
Let me clarify it for you:

1st: When other MMO make giveway or Event with expensive items they make for ALL community and inactive players come back hearing about this giveaway/event.

2nd. If they do it just to bring inactive players back only, they do not award stuff that the current active players have to spend ♥♥♥♥load of cash to get, they reward some items that are not that hard to get but reliable if you get them free to start the game again. Because they respect the current active player that invest in your game and the company does not want to lose them (unlike you it seems).

3rd: For other games that made the same stupid mistake, did you actually seen the community reaction? I don't think you did.

4th: You only had to use common sense.

WrenchCrowbar
03-20-2015, 02:26 AM
What pisses me of the most is that I actually paid for one of those packages and they were giving them away for free on the same day and the same time to returners and complainers (and they were right to complain)

I mean wtf.

I went back for a refund and they said i cant cause I used items,
I said I will get the complete item list they gave me and they answered:
U cant cause you account time was used,
I said this cant be right because my patron payment was from a day before and they stopped relying lol wanting to escalate.

Too much fun in game to be quiting to be fair but no more patron or cash shop for me.

I cant believe the incompetence of people.

Aelous
03-20-2015, 02:32 AM
I'll admit, I'm definitely turned off from this game after hearing that people who quit are basically being given the pack+ more that I just paid 150$ for a few days ago. On top of that they're also getting rng things that I've spent hundreds of $ on boxes to not get a single one. 100% worst move that could have been made, I personally take this as a slap in the face for the thousands I've spent to support the game/company.

Tankyou
03-20-2015, 02:36 AM
SO

Apparently, the "win back" program had different giveaways. Some got the full, whole 9 yards' worth of the equivalent of 480 days of loyalty tokens, some got less.
Trion determined how much stuff a person got by, not the founder pack they chose, or how long they played, but based solely on the amount of money someone spent in their cash shop.
If Trion had given the same thing to all canceled subs, that'd be pretty bad in itself, but they selectively gave the best stuff not to the most dedicated players, the ones who ran guilds, played 24/7, who contributed to the *game* and *community*, but to the ones who made them the most money . Play constantly, work your ♥♥♥ off to make money, build up your own stuff piece by piece without spending money to sell stuff for gold? You get shafted.
Buy apex constantly to sell to people so you can get delphinad in the first month and a half? Pay as much as you can to win? Here, you matter more to us. Have a TON more free stuff.

♥♥♥♥ty on top of ♥♥♥♥ty. This is only designed to bring people back as a side effect of getting the people who paid a ton of money in the first 3 months to come back and pay them more.

Magnon
03-20-2015, 02:37 AM
I never post. None of Trions other screw ups have been anywhere near as insulting as this one.
Give this or something of equal value to your paying customers or I'm done.

I completely agree, and feel the same way. As much damn money as I've spent trying for RNG and other things, if it isn't a seriously generous Thank You from them tomorrow I think I'm done, as well.

Neetero
03-20-2015, 02:40 AM
permanent owl post

Tankyou
03-20-2015, 02:41 AM
On another note. Is anyone else not able to post anything in the main forums?

Rouch
03-20-2015, 02:42 AM
I'll just leave this here for you Trion, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Blankoster
03-20-2015, 02:45 AM
I've been playing this game since Closed Alpha & Beta, Opened Beta, Headstart etc with my Archeum Pack along 2014 and keeping my Patron Status always Active, and you reward players who left the game and didnt give your company anymore chances to fix those mistakes at Auroria Release and Servers Downtimes and a lot of sh*t.

You dont respect the customers who keep this game alive, so if you don't reward us properly, i will quit from this game.

ArcheAge is a good game, but your company is breaking it and offending the community.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 02:45 AM
You know what is your company without us the base players that invest cash in your company? -> NOTHING Your games dies without them. But you decide the walk over those players. I think you need to fire some employees and and hire new ones, but not before making them take an IQ test before that.

Even when other game went from P2P from F2P, they rewarded all the players that had monthly subscription a huge amount of rewards, that the new players that starts in the F2P model will get in a very long time of playing of paying in shop. Just so they won't lose the players that invested cash in their game till that moment.

Same is this situation, giving free stuff to players (some of them will probably never even start paying for patron at least!) when other who are your main base of players, invested cash in your shop and patron are getting a nice pat on the shoulder.

We should get giveaway AT LEAST on the same scale as they did.

You screw over your paying customers -> they cancel subscription and turns their back to the shop -> non-paying users will cry how the prices will explode, since with the lower number of paying users stuff will get pretty expensive on the market -> free users won't manage to deal with it -> lose them as well -> GG pro company

Tankyou
03-20-2015, 02:51 AM
Is no one upset that the better "win back" packages only went to those that spent more actual money on the game's cash shop?
The fact that their priority is to get the people who paid the absolute most above and beyond any founders package, ect back into the game and paying them, is despicable. It wasn't on a basis of time played or anything else.

Spend 2 weeks in game, buying hundreds of dollars of apex and other ♥♥♥♥ to sell on the auction house so you can buy delph gear without having to work for it? You get dolphin mount, 100 dollar box and a ton of other ♥♥♥♥.

Start in alpha, buy founders packs for 2 accounts, spend all day every day working, trading, hauling, ect to get magnificent gear, a house, some land, and then stop december 30th? You get a lot less. A ton less.

Be a current player who did either of these and still plays? Here, have nothing.. we're already pretty sure you're going to continue spending money. We need to prioritize the big spenders and credit card warriors who have already stopped.

Rvyne
03-20-2015, 02:52 AM
this is totally unacceptable... I thought the post of someone in forum the other day was just joke but this is really the case they really did not think about what we will be thinking if they are giving away a that much of "generous gifts" to those who decided to quit long time ago and just a thank you for those people been playing and paying for months since alpha/beta months.

As paying subscriber for 2.. this is really unacceptable.. horrible..

Ryannaipaul
03-20-2015, 02:54 AM
This company has wasted my patron on trying to figure out what the fan base really wants.. problem is they never got it right... they figured out what would benefit their companies wallet the most and this is the type of publisher i do not or no long want to associate myself with. I will not be renewing my patron for the simple fact of treating current paying customers as a number and not a real person or entity. Whatever is for your financial benefit is what the people want? well you tried to recover your lost fan base after all your failed attempts and it will not work this time where you gave all the rewards to people who no longer play and those who are paying to play get to sit back and watch everyone else be rewarded while our money is being siphoned.

Alvya
03-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Yeah i have been on every day since launch and i have spent thousands of $$$ on this game.... If we dont all get this, atleast all the playing customers should get it.... After what i just read i am kinda freaking out here... In what way is this obtained??

Sedu
03-20-2015, 02:59 AM
This company has wasted my patron on trying to figure out what the fan base really wants.. problem is they never got it right... they figured out what would benefit their companies wallet the most and this is the type of publisher i do not or no long want to associate myself with. I will not be renewing my patron for the simple fact of treating current paying customers as a number and not a real person or entity. Whatever is for your financial benefit is what the people want? well you tried to recover your lost fan base after all your failed attempts and it will not work this time where you gave all the rewards to people who no longer play and those who are paying to play get to sit back and watch everyone else be rewarded while our money is being siphoned.

Many people start a business. But not everyone knows how to run it properly.

BuddhaHS
03-20-2015, 03:02 AM
That's obtained if you quit the game..I got an idea..Let's all quit the game and then we will get all the RNG items from the RNG chests to bring us back+ Stuff to get our gears up in 1 day ... so no biggies .. maybe then they will realise what the current players are worth and not the ones that left.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 03:06 AM
GameForge use to be no.1 on my list of bad company in game managing. Now it's no.2
Guess who is no.1 now? :O

Vad
03-20-2015, 03:07 AM
Great job for listening to us and still caring about us, at least you have ears for the community great job on informing us.
Keep up the good work, everyone makes mistake, hardest part is to admit it and fix it.

Good luck and looking forward to it!

Kainsshadow
03-20-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm kind of happy, this brings what I have been waiting for a bit closer. A private server or another company taking over and resetting the servers and make all of Trion's poor management disappear like they never happened. I can dream right? :)

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 03:13 AM
GameForge use to be no.1 on my list of bad company in game managing. Now it's no.2
Guess who is no.1 now? :O

Indeed, it's amazing how Trion managed to go a level beyond Gameforge.

Goldener
03-20-2015, 03:22 AM
I make it quick...

I stop playing this game, it makes more and more no fun...and i spend/play a lot of time. Sry, but all the time another bad "news" destroy the gameplay for me and many many ingame friends from me quit this game the last weeks to. :(
BTW. Server´s are more and more empty but Trion dont do anything and the "new" library farming are awfully boring as hell. Nothing special...no love...just killing stupid mobs without wartime.

Ok, it was more text. Sry!!!

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Indeed, it's amazing how Trion managed to go a level beyond Gameforge.

Lol Gameforge is a million times worse, their cash shop thread was over 70 pages of posts just like in these dolphin threads, with polls and petitions and lawsuits etc.. Best part? Gm's don't even monitor that forum, only mods that have no say and do it in their free time...

Some of the rng boxes had timers for the items inside - i.e by opening the box, you could get "said" mount perm or get "said" mount for only 3 days...

Tera vets would know Gameforge is much worse, they would just laughed at you guys over this dolphin thing.. compensation? Lool have a rng box with a timer xD

Kub
03-20-2015, 03:29 AM
It´s pretty easy tbh. Should rather ask what can they delete rather to what can they add.

With the Lucky sun- , moon-, and startpoints there is no arguement .... damage is done and since they are tradeable the only "fair" solution is giving those to all accounts now.
Same for other tradeable items handed out in that box. Sadly for the ingame economy.

But bound ♥♥♥♥ like dolfins. I think the only reasonable way to find a balance between attracting inactive players to come back, and not pissing paying customers off would be.

1. Change all handed out Dolphin Mounts into a 14 Days Trial Mount.

- Attracts Inactive Players
- Doesn´t make customers mad that spend lots of money on the gambling chests trying to get one of those.
- Everybody could try that thing out and i suppose, some ppl would try to get the real thing after the 14 days are over (win-win situation for Trino)

2. Every ingame market related item already given out id too late to be undone, so give it to everybody in order for loyal customers to cool down.

- Treats everyone the same way.
- Encourages old players to come back, knowing theyd have some start up capital.

3. Trino, in future please use some more braincells and time to think about decissions like the one you did with this winback program.

Chari
03-20-2015, 03:30 AM
XL, if your reading this. Please find us a new publisher. Please!

AjuntaPall316
03-20-2015, 03:30 AM
http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/game-over-man-game-over.jpg

Sedu
03-20-2015, 03:32 AM
@ MonolithD yes, forum mods, first world problems. You can still make ticket .
Our problem it's on different scale here. Not how they manage their damn forums.

Kloee
03-20-2015, 03:38 AM
It seems most in my neighborhood (just north of Windshade) are sticking around. Some are disturbed by Trions actions but none enough to leave. I hope everyone that is upset finds peace.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 03:39 AM
It seems most in my neighborhood (just north of Windshade) are sticking around. Some are disturbed by Trions actions but none enough to leave. I hope everyone that is upset finds peace.

Yes, our wallets will find more peace ^_^
Not everyone said will quit game , the game is nice. The company management suks. Some of us will just turn our backs to the shop and patron.

You understood nothing.
Non-cash users should not bother to share an opinion here.

It's us, the paying customers that helps the company running for the free users also. Know your place please

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 03:42 AM

Also more spare time now.
No need to play the game anymore, just wait on your free pack.

Aeb
03-20-2015, 03:42 AM
To me the type and amount of items given to win back customers reeks of desperation, which makes me think how sunken is this ship?
Also I'd like to ask if the loyal patron rewards being talked about were already planned or just forced due to the ♥♥♥♥ storm this has caused?

I had just started to come back around and feel like the game was heading in the right direction and trion were finally starting to listen to its community, erm... Maybe not :-p I can't believe to think of a department of people sat around a table and discussed this being a GOOD idea?!?
The patron reward now has to be greater than what they've given out or we loyal customers will look lesser than people that gave up and quit. They'll come back walk around in their new outfits, then swim around on the dolphin for abit think ah that was fun and log off back to whatever they were doing before!

Chari
03-20-2015, 03:47 AM
http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/game-over-man-game-over.jpg

lol, brilliant :)

FIzzy
03-20-2015, 03:50 AM
I have spent over £500 on this damn game chasing the RNG items from boxes. Luckily the dolphin was one item I did get.

And now you give it away for free to people who didn't care about playing enough to stay?

Poor show Trion. I may just quit now. What a complete waste of money and time.

How can you give away an item for FREE to people who don't care about playing anymore, especially one that is still in the damn RNG boxes that is still available for real life cash?

You have completely lost my confidence here that you know what you are doing, and that you care for your LOYAL customers. That is what we are, anyone who has put even a penny into this game is a customer. You have just destroyed all confidence I had in you and I am seriously thinking on quitting.

Kloee
03-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Not everyone said will quit game , the game is nice. The company management suks. Some of us will just turn our backs to the shop and patron.

You understood nothing.
Non-cash users should not bother to share an opinion here.

Oh I plan on reducing how much money I give Trion each month. 2 patron accounts and $20/mo in credits will drop to 1 patron account. Don't get me wrong I'm upset over this. Unless their compensation package is a BIG slap in the face I shall stay, for now.

The problem is this is a GREAT game... at least in my opinion.

DancingShade
03-20-2015, 03:53 AM
To me the type and amount of items given to win back customers reeks of desperation, which makes me think how sunken is this ship?
Also I'd like to ask if the loyal patron rewards being talked about were already planned or just forced due to the ♥♥♥♥ storm this has caused?

I had just started to come back around and feel like the game was heading in the right direction and trion were finally starting to listen to its community, erm... Maybe not :-p I can't believe to think of a department of people sat around a table and discussed this being a GOOD idea?!?
The patron reward now has to be greater than what they've given out or we loyal customers will look lesser than people that gave up and quit. They'll come back walk around in their new outfits, then swim around on the dolphin for abit think ah that was fun and log off back to whatever they were doing before!

You're right, but when this sort of promo is done correctly it can actually have the desired effects. Even if the player just gets the free items, runs around for half an hour, they might be tempted by the cash shop and buy inventory space or something. It's income they otherwise would not get.

Of course in this instance it was incredibly badly managed. I want to know who made the call - seriously, I just want to know who it was and have them write an explanation as to their thought processes.

I bet it was the "marketing genius" nepotistic kid hire of either a senior executive or one of their financial backers. That's normally the culprit because nobody with any experience would make such a botch job of it.

I guess what I want to get across is that the people who will be appearing on the stream to explain this are probably just as shocked & horrified as anyone else. I sincerely doubt they are the ones to blame for anything.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 03:55 AM
The problem is this is a GREAT game... at least in my opinion.
Yes, this is the reason why we get all worked up over this.
But you can't just let them walk over the people that invest in their game. What they did was terribly wrong, I mean, they only had to use common sense.
Riot was something they should have prepare for.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Yes, this is the reason why we get all worked up over this.
But you can't just let them walk over the people that invest in their game. What they did was terribly wrong, I mean, they only had to use common sense.
Riot was something they should have prepare for.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/thaunbeatable/Anno/bear_zpsrewde4az.jpg (http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/thaunbeatable/media/Anno/bear_zpsrewde4az.jpg.html)

Aeb
03-20-2015, 04:03 AM
You're right, but when this sort of promo is done correctly it can actually have the desired effects. Even if the player just gets the free items, runs around for half an hour, they might be tempted by the cash shop and buy inventory space or something. It's income they otherwise would not get.

Of course in this instance it was incredibly badly managed. I want to know who made the call - seriously, I just want to know who it was and have them write an explanation as to their thought processes.

I bet it was the "marketing genius" nepotistic kid hire of either a senior executive or one of their financial backers. That's normally the culprit because nobody with any experience would make such a botch job of it.

I guess what I want to get across is that the people who will be appearing on the stream to explain this are probably just as shocked & horrified as anyone else. I sincerely doubt they are the ones to blame for anything.

Yeah I completely understand them starting a campaign to try and get players to come back but not by offering that much! Maybe like 'hey come back! Here's a free month of patron come try our new stuff and see how we're improving' not 'here have everything that's in cash shop ATM!'

Ill say one thing, they have some balls doing a live stream today :-) kudo's to u guys lol

Sedu
03-20-2015, 04:12 AM
I think this how the decision was made. It makes sense now, because cats are evil :(

http://i61.tinypic.com/j0z61d.jpg

genbatzu
03-20-2015, 04:15 AM
http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

http://i.imgur.com/HPjIaLu.png

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Expect same care package on my mail by friday.

http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

i paid 140€ for the archeum pack to get this and it didn't even include the dolphin, glider and lucky points.

I feel scammed.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 04:23 AM
I play with a few RL friends. The are all paying customer and they are all thinking to sell their lands and continue as free user players (cash shop it's obviously ofc out of disscusion also). Yes, it's natural to feel scammed.
Can you feel the smell of success ? Oh no, wait..you can't.
Get rid of the cats please, hire humans with brains to manage your game.

aushmee
03-20-2015, 04:34 AM
i want exactly same package bec i m paying since beginning thats not fair(dont need exp items because its understandable returning playerr have to catch us as lvl)

CirafGiraffe
03-20-2015, 04:36 AM
Take some lessons in real life logic from Spock please.....

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 04:37 AM
Take some lessons in real life logic from Spock please.....

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/thaunbeatable/Anno/spock_zpsepeqi7gt.jpg (http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/thaunbeatable/media/Anno/spock_zpsepeqi7gt.jpg.html)

supthereyet
03-20-2015, 04:40 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bmh.gif

I can't see one possible resolution from Trion on this; they've stretched the bandaid. Likelihood of them coming out of the woods with a decent fix? But the issue isn't just a FIX for this. It's the policies that make up the business practices that drive Trion Worlds Inc. It's the lackluster feedback. The rigid guidelines that only apply /SOMETIMES/ leaving isolated policies and confusing support staff. Community is tired. If they try to do a bait-and-swop I'm out. And I've spent thousands of Euros with Trion, and I get the static template closes. Threats of ban if I ask for a refund. They actually DELETED an item I spent one thousand Euro on in APEX to purchase. Because ONE or maybe MORE of the buyers used illicit gold. So how about that policy where innocent players aren't affected? Yeah right.

Then when I tried to contact them regarding their violations of the Privacy law within the EU domain they give me a generic reply. So fed up. Business-wise it's even weaker. And its' sad they assume because the average player probably is a young adolescent or perhaps not interested in making a big deal about it that all of us are just going to take it?

Wake up before ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan please.

Malaria NA
03-20-2015, 04:41 AM
This is such BS that all these free dolphins were given away when I paid GOOD, and I mean GOOD, money to get mine from the boxes. Great logic trying to bring back customers who have quit while having your PAYING customers bend over and take it raw.

4jacks
03-20-2015, 04:44 AM
I expect my Castle and Unicorn Mount/Battlepet/Glider by 5:00pm EST.
Thank You and Good Day!

Malaria NA
03-20-2015, 04:46 AM
I'd REALLY like to know why my inactive accounts received nothing if this is the case. As the first or second post stated, unless your giveaway package matches what others have already received (via the e-mail and through live support), then I am fairly certain you are going to be losing more of the players than you are going to gain.

I checked my inactive account earlier and it received a gift of 4 yata boxes, 2 workers comps, and a few other consumables.

Tigrisdegalia
03-20-2015, 04:47 AM
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/damage_control.gif

Kameko
03-20-2015, 04:49 AM
You ♥♥♥♥ on me once, shame on you; you ♥♥♥♥ on me twice, shame on me.

I'm done. I've faithfully paid for three patrons for myself and family, and spent about $100/month in credit purchases. No more money from me Trion!!!

Phazedd
03-20-2015, 04:51 AM
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/damage_control.gif

pretty much sums up this whole thing

Alara
03-20-2015, 04:52 AM
I have spent over £500 on this damn game chasing the RNG items from boxes. Luckily the dolphin was one item I did get.

And now you give it away for free to people who didn't care about playing enough to stay?

Poor show Trion. I may just quit now. What a complete waste of money and time.

How can you give away an item for FREE to people who don't care about playing anymore, especially one that is still in the damn RNG boxes that is still available for real life cash?

You have completely lost my confidence here that you know what you are doing, and that you care for your LOYAL customers. That is what we are, anyone who has put even a penny into this game is a customer. You have just destroyed all confidence I had in you and I am seriously thinking on quitting.

This is an excellent example of how whichever intern or marketing arsehole conjured this win-back action up was totally oblivious even to the very core of the business model that keeps ArcheAge afloat.

Trion didn't just totally backstab their paying customers, they did it while shooting themselves in the foot!

And to put the cherry on the cake they totally devaluated their 'Secrets' offers, and similar to come, because why would anyone pay for them if they were given away free?

Yes.. this calls for a ...

https://ruthdehaas.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/triple-facepalm.jpg

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 04:52 AM
You ♥♥♥♥ on me once, shame on you; you ♥♥♥♥ on me twice, shame on me.

I'm done. I've faithfully paid for three patrons for myself and family, and spent about $100/month in credit purchases. No more money from me Trion!!!

They ♥♥♥♥ted most of us 10 times, we took it...
Now we don't even get anything for it...

Should have left the game aswell i guess to get a pack.

Victim
03-20-2015, 04:54 AM
It's too little too late for this game, you had your chance and blew it. You never should have bought this license because you never did and never will understand what drew players and guilds to this game.

This was just a cash cow for Trion and they milked it too early. It turned sour very quickly.

If anyone is curious, this gif symbolises how Trion manage AA
http://lookpic.com/O/i2/11/XBFaZLX3.gif

evling
03-20-2015, 04:54 AM
What a mess, did no one actual think about this first! not a easy fix, if at all fix able. good luck sorting it out.

vhalkyrie
03-20-2015, 04:55 AM
Your win-back program is now winning back your currently paying customers.

Kloee
03-20-2015, 04:57 AM
i paid 140€ for the archeum pack to get this and it didn't even include the dolphin, glider and lucky points.

I feel scammed.

Remember Trions stance on scamming! Emergent gameplay!

/kidding

Herzeleid
03-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Be generous if you have to, yes we understand you need to bring back player and make things look flashy and advantageous to your clients.

You COULD even give them the things you gave them with one condition: make them time limited.

Hell, I would come back for some fancy "cosmetics" that I knew people wanted so badly, even if they were 15 days limited or 30 days limited. I would play for a while, get engaged in the game and probably felt like continuing and repurchasing patron.

Doesnt THAT make a lot more sense? Do you think time limited instead of permanent items would have cause this much damn rage on the side of active players? I think they wouldnt have cared one bit.

ebbynator
03-20-2015, 04:59 AM
Playing since open BETA. PAYING since release. #get♥♥♥♥edbytrino

Yea you shouldnt have done this....
The only way to make it fair is to send it to everyone with Paytron.

GZ trino many gz's

Nirvii
03-20-2015, 05:02 AM
On WoW, there was a campaign "Recruit a friend" when you invite the new player back to the game, you get new "exclusive recruitment" mount for both new player and recruiter. The old player also get 1 month free game time. Also they have a campaign that give out some limited time gears to new players to try. Some free game time for "Scroll of resurection". But they havent give non active players a "free excluive rare mount" that had been in RNG boxes (or in hard earned raid dungeon). NEVER. You actually gave away 3 RNG boxes exclusive items that we had spent ton of $ gambled on them and some of us actually failed to get items they want for FREE??? FOR ♥♥♥♥ SAKE.

You pissed pour all the subscribers as well as all the people who actually paid your RNG boxes to help your game... How can we gain the trust from you guys ever again on this? The damage had been done, please think carefully on the way to reimburse active players and rebuild their trust. If something piss poor solution were throw tomorrow, it will be the end of the line for many players. We'll just play for free without spending dimes on you ever again.

kwart
03-20-2015, 05:05 AM
I've started this game 4 weeks ago, got patron instantly, ever since I started I've always wanted a Dolphin mount, I mean, who doesn't?! I always talk about Dolphins and call people Dolphins, hahaha :) Now about a week ago my dream came true, Dolphin Mount actually came to this game! Altough after my friend told me he spent 50,000 credits trying to get this mount, I lost all hopes, so now I hope you will give us all Dolphins, atleast me! :))))

Dolphins yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

durtro
03-20-2015, 05:06 AM
Same Nirvii from GW2 and Wildstar? We keep ending up in the same game.

I'm already out, subbed FFXIV, at least I know what to expect from Squeenix.

Dizz Dazzler
03-20-2015, 05:08 AM
Give everyone the same package you gave to your whales, the 90$ pack as well as the credits, costume and mount or you're done

Mimosa
Im really amazed how the team of Archeage could do this.

The only thing that would have increased the player base is a very good reputation and players who loves playing the game and telling that to others.

This constant drama created by the Company is ruining the game and shows some really poor judgment. Sadly if one can do mistakes of this dignity it will spill out on other areas as well.

I am one of the stuped people who have payed for things. Just to find that special items were not special they were worse then ordinary items and now they will not even have the looks left since they are handed out to everybody.

Well perhaps this hard slap was good since it surely was a wake up call to not invest a dime in this company.

Waiting with interest what the Archeage team can add or do to all of us that lost faith in them.

Personally I would love to get my money back so I could turn my back and start over at a trustworthy game

Sincerely

JayWoosh
Too late

=http://imgur.com/MoTN12q]http://i.imgur.com/MoTN12q.gifv

You dun goof'd.

Lethalis
03-20-2015, 05:09 AM
Watch Southpark Episode (Freemium isnt Free) then you will understand :D

Minispooner
03-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired.
1. take all gifts back.
2. give gifts to subscriber base along with an apology that includes a statement about personnel changes.
3. A heartfelt apology to each subscriber.
4. Active freeplayers should also get a gift and apology.
5. Inactive players should get a timed gift like the daily gift boxes so they are incentivized to log in daily.

Look, all it takes is a little thought and common sense to figure it out. You're welcome.

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 05:13 AM
@ MonolithD yes, forum mods, first world problems. You can still make ticket .
Our problem it's on different scale here. Not how they manage their damn forums.

Clearly you have never submitted a ticket to GameForge, copy pasta google translated...

Anyway the point is, yes this is bad but at least you are getting an answer, saying Trion is worse than gf is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. These guys raging wouldn't even gotten a response or compensation.

Glove
03-20-2015, 05:19 AM
Too late

http://giant.gfycat.com/InbornGrayDuckbillplatypus.gif

Sedu
03-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Clearly you have never submitted a ticket to GameForge, copy pasta google translated...

Anyway the point is, yes this is bad but at least you are getting an answer, saying Trion is worse than gf is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. These guys raging wouldn't even gotten a response or compensation.

I did actually,not even a week ago(to GameForge). For something that was not even regarding cash. I got great support and replies and solved my issues very well. I was surprised to get such support from GF. They still have some competent employees around there.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 05:22 AM

Gameforge actually started to admit their mistakes, and compensate players for the issues Gameforge caused.
Though this was in Aion EU.

Trion is slightly worse now, since they keep messing up but rarely compensate the loyal playerbase.

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 05:38 AM
I did actually,not even a week ago(to GameForge). For something that was not even regarding cash. I got great support and replies and solved my issues very well. I was surprised to get such support from GF. They still have some competent employees around there.

You are only saying that because you hate Trion right now...

Go to the Tera eu forums, ask them if you should try it / come back and see what they tell you.

Regards to compensation, the most I ever got was 40 thalers because they charged me twice for tera club in 1 month. I couldn't even understand the ♥♥♥♥ing message they sent me, and wtf was I to do with 40 tt in anyway? oh hehe a RNG BOX lol.. Perhaps they turned a new leaf since lv65 in Tera but I bet they are still ♥♥♥♥.

Anyway, I'm not judging anyone, just stating the obvious. Continue are you were good sir :)

StrappedBunny
03-20-2015, 05:46 AM
just going to say as iv been here since early alpha and been parton since the start not to mention the hundreds or ££'s iv spent on this, if we dont get the same package or better im done

Agreed, I've spent a lot on this game and tried to get both the dolphin and the costume. now its being given away to people who have not been paying for their own sub and quit? wtf? I've played since beta and stuck with trion through all their mistakes. now I'm just sitting here wondering why i even play archeage.