PDA

View Full Version : About Our Recent Win-Back Program

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sedu
03-20-2015, 05:48 AM
You are only saying that because you hate Trion right now...

Go to the Tera eu forums, ask them if you should try it / come back and see what they tell you.

I think you are saying this only because you hate GameForge right now. lol

I can send you screen from my ticket history if want proof (mine was AION related)

P.S. I just got an anonymous screen from where they manage this kind of decision

http://i62.tinypic.com/157ena8.jpg

Cpt Obvious
03-20-2015, 05:51 AM
http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

http://i.imgur.com/HPjIaLu.png

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Expect same care package on my mail by friday.

http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r
these pictures are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ or for real? cus what the ♥♥♥♥ id need to buy for atleast 50euro credits to get equal to that

im not gonna quit cus i didnt get anything but it does give me a better view on how we are just bunch of idiots that spend money while others get some stuff for free cus they have chosen to quit the game.

Aeb
03-20-2015, 05:57 AM
I think the only thing that could repair my shatter heart and emotional state due to this would be -

Best armour and weapons in the game (all of them)
Shark mount that fires frickin' laserz!
Kraken as battle pet
Made king of auroria (lords are my subjects)
A air ship as my personal flying mount
10,000,000 in gold just cos
Basically win the game for me so I can quit and wait for the next round of come back we love you goodies! :-) I mean :-( cos sad!

I might make it through the day if these are transferred to my account.

Thanks

Hoty
03-20-2015, 05:58 AM
still not recive

purchase order: 230015201

EU
Nui
Hoty

SaoriForums
03-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Give all players who have bought apex/patron with a payment option the same package the win back members get.
Also throw in extra things for people who spent over 100$ in the game... Ezpz... I have faith in you<3<3<3<3 Trion<3<3<3<3
< 3 <3 <3 <3

Dolpgirl
03-20-2015, 06:00 AM
I get why you done it, but it is kinda unfair. I've always been an unpaying, unpatron, un-everything player and I've been playing ArcheAge 24/7 outta my soul, for the joy of it! But to give out stuff worth $100 to people who may never play again because they think AA is a rip off is unfair. Maybe think about the older players who still play but hasn't bought anything since the launch!

Deathpulse
03-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Here is a breakdown for ya Trion, with a little back history.

I am 28 years old. I have been playing actively games since I was 12. From the first ever CounterStrike, to Diablo, WoW, Cabal Online, Knight Online, League of Legends, Neverwinter, DaoC, TERA, WildStar, GuildWars2, ArcheAge and the list is not even close to what its supposed to be. I've been really hardcore, or casual, PvE, PVP, Carebear farmer, RPer, done World First's, GM, Top ladder player, made friends, lost friends, lost IRL money, gained IRL money. Given all that, plus, I follow news, reddit, forums and everything that I can get my eyes on during the time I'm playing said game, I consider myself a true gamer. Keep in mind, I always keep low profile, I rather just check new posts, threads, dramas from a distance. Of all these years of gaming, I've only wrote to public forums very limited times and only regarding game informations and/or suggestions. I never cried or complained or started drama. I never asked for free stuff either. This is my very first forum post regarding any drama aswell. Also, I did not pay any RNG boxes and the only IRL money I've ever spend on AA is two Patron months, enough for my NA miner to get me free Apexes from that point up.

Now that we got all that out of the way, here is what a gamer, even like myself, would say about this whole situation.

Plain and simple, you F*CKED THIS UP. Big time. A spit to the face of alot of people. I feel for them, I really do. And to think that someone RIGHT AS I WRITE this reply here, is probably trying your stupid RNG BOX to get his dolphin, makes me sick. The most justified outburst of this community or any other gaming community I've ever come across, to be totally fair.

oopsie
03-20-2015, 06:01 AM
LOL this is amusing beyond belief :)

Who runs your offices, and let that one pass? (giggle)

Lord Manzana
03-20-2015, 06:04 AM
Same benefit or I'll (and a lot of other users) stop paying more subscription and packs.

I purchased twice 140 pack (Alpha archeum and Secret archeum) like a lot of other users, so, this is one kick on our face

Socrates
03-20-2015, 06:08 AM
I resubbed this month with both of my accounts but I guess, since I did this when I was supposed to like a good customer, the :word from Christine discribing dirtbags: get the rewards from us subs.

Rofy
03-20-2015, 06:10 AM
http://blog.getsatisfaction.com/wp-content/uploads/slap.gif

Sedu
03-20-2015, 06:11 AM
LOL this is amusing beyond belief :)

Who runs your offices, and let that one pass? (giggle)

Man, trust me, this is legit!

Steve666
03-20-2015, 06:13 AM
I bought every Month my Patron + sometimes tons of Credits and didnt got any Dolphin etc... anything went wrong with u guys!!! Ive disbanded now my Patron for 3 Accounts, till every Patron got this.

Silenthunder
03-20-2015, 06:20 AM
Very Disapointed,
I currently have 6 active patron accounts and one account with the $150 founder's pack, The basic loayalty program doesn't even come close to what you are giving away to bring others back to the game. I expect the same or better treatment then someone who has left the game. I understand you want to get some of your customers to return, but really this is the same crap that made them leave in the first place. I will be watching for the results of this. This may end up hurting the game more then helping, if you start losing your loyal customers, to get back a few that will likely end up leaving again anyway.

Stammel
03-20-2015, 06:21 AM
Conspiracy to Defraud

Trino or it's employees have knowingly or unknowingly conspired to defraud the customer base. This is relevant in the fact that customers have paid or are expected to pay for an item pack or other such means to obtain items FREELY distributed to other members of that same customer base. This was further exacerbated when the customer support personnel continued to hand out these items. The expectation of TRINO to receive funds from customers for items being distributed freely is a clear example of FRAUD. The fact that it was carried out by more than one member of the company and the supporting customer relations people raises this to a level of Conspiracy.

The ONLY LEGAL way that Trino can avoid a suit being brought against them is to FREELY distribute all of the packages to the ENTIRE PATRON customer base, provided that the incentive packs and those who contacted customer support were all members of the PATRON program. Any free member who was in receipt of this package also opens that customer base to FREE distribution of the said items.

There also can be legal recourse to be had by those who PAID for the RNG boxes in an attempt to receive the items now being freely distributed but due to the nature of this incident it may or may not be possible to PROVE that TRINO intended to hand out these items at a later date.

GailMacFade
03-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Personally I can see how this is going to end badly. This is a game that I enjoy with my partner and family. We lead a great guild and have a strong community built here. Unfortunately a few of our members, my partner included, spent quite a bit of cash on rng boxes getting that dolphin. It is very difficult for me to imagine how this is going to end well with them. How are those people who invested so heavily getting the dolphin going to feel when the dust settles? The effect will ripple across the community.

I care less about a dolphin... but if my partner is still upset about this then we will very likely close up shop and walk away from the game. Trion will loose 5 patron accounts right there. When we leave what will happen to the members of our guild? How many of them will stay?

I am sure that my situation is not unique. It is going to be a terrible loss for the game and community. I sure hope that Trion manages to pull the rabbit out of their hat and surprise us all.

You didn't invest anything, you gambled away your money on virtual items, just to be clear here.

As for this whole dolphin fiasco. This is what you get as a publishing company when you operate purely based on greed and main goal is to milk players as fast as possbile by making them addicted.

So, no monetary value on in-game gold and items? Really? Right? Its only a matter of time when this stuff is going to be regulated heavily in every semi-civilized country.

I still like core game and fundamentally don't give a damn about giveaways or getting "compensated", this stuff has zero value for me. But, you as a company created a type of player who craves for this stuff, is heavily addicted and most of your actions and the way you promoted the game constantly fuels that addiction. Now, it backfired, probably not as badly as it looks like, but it did.

I doubt this game fails, but if it would, it would be a good example for game industry how to not to do f2p.

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 06:25 AM
I think you are saying this only because you hate GameForge right now. lol

I can send you screen from my ticket history if want proof (mine was AION related)

P.S. I just got an anonymous screen from where they manage this kind of decision

No man lol

I was with Tera when they were still called frogster and I'm still there playing it daily. The community is exactly the same with their poll's , petitions , lawsuits and ♥♥♥♥. Gameforge still communicated but eventually said ♥♥♥♥ it and stopped caring , this is exactly what will happen here in aa

Austren
03-20-2015, 06:26 AM
i could see offering old players a month or two of patron to get them back but ..... who the f%*& came up with this BS

bigostro
03-20-2015, 06:29 AM
A smart idea would have been to give ex patrons 2400 Creds that way they could spend it on whatever in the store or buy 1 month of patron

matts2192
03-20-2015, 06:29 AM
they are gonna ♥♥♥♥ a brick when they show up to the office this morning and see how many patrons have canceled there sub. even if they gave out the 99$ pack im still not paying for patron again. and to buy apexs means some poor kid gave trion money, so I wont even use apex for patron. my land has been sold and we will see what its like to be a free player

Prejudiced
03-20-2015, 06:32 AM
one stupid thing after another our trion hahaha
give the pack to everyone scumbags

Sedu
03-20-2015, 06:36 AM
The feedback gathered in this thread from their customers regarding TRIONs lack of professionalism it's their last call to so something and save the situation. But this something has to be BIG.

No man lol

I was with Tera when they were still called frogster and I'm still there playing it daily. The community is exactly the same with their poll's , petitions , lawsuits and ♥♥♥♥. Gameforge still communicated but eventually said ♥♥♥♥ it and stopped caring , this is exactly what will happen here in aa
Well, i'm not playing TERA, but if you look on AION eu forums there's absolutely nothing on the same scale with this. Here and there, but on very small scale and many are regarding how koreans made the game not how GF manage it. If they would merge some servers the majority will be happy and they are already announced they have that on the plan list.
But nothing big like you tell me it's on TERA or here on AA.
I do not think there are the same people that manage both AION, TERA and all games under GameForge.

StrappedBunny
03-20-2015, 06:40 AM
All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

if the compensation package for the active players who have been loyal and have been spending money on these boxes doesn't include a dolphin mount and the costume in it then you shouldn't even bother coming out with some kind of package and you should just give us the package you gave them. this is truly disheartening to see this kind of disrespect for loyal customers on a game we all love.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 06:42 AM
if the compensation package for the active players who have been loyal and have been spending money on these boxes doesn't include a dolphin mount and the costume in it then you shouldn't even both coming out with some kind of package and you should just give us the package you gave them. this is truly disheartening to see this kind of disrespect for loyal customers on a game we all love.

Worst part is that several Patron players have actually recieved the pack aswell, after talking to live chat.
However, now they start refusing that too, leaving alot of us in the dark, and possible some patrons with a double reward!

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/thaunbeatable/Trion%20support_zpsf0vhiewa.jpg (http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/thaunbeatable/media/Trion%20support_zpsf0vhiewa.jpg.html)

vhalkyrie
03-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Here's what I want to have happen:

1) Credits I spent on buying the Dynasty and Aquatic Archeum boxes refunded. I don't usually buy RNG boxes, but I did buy a few of those because I wanted the Ebongleam costume and the dolphin mount. Both of which are not (guaranteed) available for purchase for paying customers, but were given away for free to inactive players. I didn't pay as much as some, but enough that I definitely feel scammed by Trion.
2) Ebongleam costume and dolphin mount added to the loyalty shop. Currently subscribed patrons given loyalty credits equal to the value of those items. This avoids issues with people who received the costume/mount through the boxes and receiving double an item they don't want. They can spend the loyalty points on something else.
3) All future RNG boxes come with option to buy the rare item outright. This is how it works in all other F2P games I've played with RNG boxes.

The fact that they tried to make the dolphin mount an exclusive item to give away as gifts is absurd. A lot of people wanted that item, and I know they made a lot of money on those boxes because people wanted it. It should have been a loyalty item from day one to reward customers for LOYALTY.

Roseblood
03-20-2015, 06:46 AM
Honestly, I like ArcheAge, I've put a lot of time into it, I've also put up with a lot of your ♥♥♥♥ Trino..but this is going a bit too far.

You basically just took a big shat on your loyal customers with this compensation pack you gave ex-players. I understand you're going to try to fix your mistake, but not sure how you can recover from this one.

Hopefully you do, because next time, I'll probably quit myself.

Werdum
03-20-2015, 06:46 AM
So why few ACTIVE player got compensations for this pack?
I know few, which go on live support and got it from you!

Geminii
03-20-2015, 06:47 AM
they are gonna ♥♥♥♥ a brick when they show up to the office this morning and see how many patrons have canceled there sub. even if they gave out the 99$ pack im still not paying for patron again. and to buy apexs means some poor kid gave trion money, so I wont even use apex for patron. my land has been sold and we will see what its like to be a free player

I not only cancelled everything but subbed for a different game as recommended earlier in this thread by another pissed off patron, they seem genuinely delighted to have my money, not a $ more here.

Roseblood
03-20-2015, 06:47 AM

1) Credits I spent on buying the Dynasty and Aquatic Archeum boxes refunded. I don't usually buy RNG boxes, but I did buy a few of those because I wanted the Ebongleam costume and the dolphin mount. Both of which are not (guaranteed) available for purchase for paying customers, but were given away for free to inactive players. I didn't pay as much as some, but enough that I definitely feel scammed by Trion.
2) Ebongleam costume and dolphin mount added to the loyalty shop. Currently subscribed patrons given loyalty credits equal to the value of those items. This avoids issues with people who received the costume/mount through the boxes and receiving double an item they don't want. They can spend the loyalty points on something else.
3) All future RNG boxes come with option to buy the rare item outright. This is how it works in all other F2P games I've played with RNG boxes.

The fact that they tried to make the dolphin mount an exclusive item to give away as gifts is absurd. A lot of people wanted that item, and I know they made a lot of money on those boxes because people wanted it. It should have been a loyalty item from day one to reward customers for LOYALTY.

I need a like button on forums...this is me liking your post.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 06:49 AM
I not only cancelled everything but subbed for a different game as recommended earlier in this thread by another pissed off patron, they seem genuinely delighted to have my money, not a $ more here.

there are so many pages here and will take too long to find it, so can you tell me which game are you talking about? Since you like AA i guess it should something close?
Ty, much appreciated :D

Careby
03-20-2015, 06:55 AM

1) Credits I spent on buying the Dynasty and Aquatic Archeum boxes refunded...

The more I think about this, the more I am coming around to that conclusion. The Dynasty and Archeum crates have been retroactively devalued. Giving everyone the costume and the dolphin wouldn't change that, because it would cause a huge decrease in rarity, and would negate the difference between those who bought crates and those who didn't. I think players who spent credits on those crates deserve more compensation, based proportionally on how many they bought. The simplest way to do this would be to refund the credits.

I am a bit pessimistic at this point that we will see any such remediation. Actually, I am skeptical that whatever action is taken will repair the damage, but I am waiting to see.

Tiomun
03-20-2015, 07:05 AM
You didn't invest anything, you gambled away your money on virtual items, just to be clear here.

Gambling in general is illegal in the US without explicit permissions to run a casino. Also any product digital or otherwise is treated the same as tangible real world products as long as real world money is involved as far as I know. I'm no expert though.

You are right that the content has no out of game value, but that doesn't really apply to the issue at hand. I think most people are pissed that such a large amount of items with a incredibly high real world dollar value was expected to be purchased by loyal active paying players, and at the same time given away for free to players who quit or gave up. The rng box dolphin is just the kick in the privates after the slap in the face so its getting allot of attention.

You are correct on the fact that trion and many other games with this business model created this mess to begin with.

Jeapers
03-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Not sure if just giving everyone a dolphin etc would help the situation. As I have spent money on quite a few boxes to get said dolphin. And then to get another dolphin when I already have one would not fix problem with me.

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 07:08 AM
The more I think about this, the more I am coming around to that conclusion. The Dynasty and Archeum crates have been retroactively devalued. Giving everyone the costume and the dolphin wouldn't change that, because it would cause a huge decrease in rarity, and would negate the difference between those who bought crates and those who didn't. I think players who spent credits on those crates deserve more compensation, based proportionally on how many they bought. The simplest way to do this would be to refund the credits.

I am a bit pessimistic at this point that we would see any such remediation. Actually, I am skeptical that whatever action is taken will repair the damage, but I am waiting to see.
They won't be giving back the credits spent on those boxes, I spent 600 bucks worth of credits to get my dolphin. Others are likely in a similar ballpark, that number would add up quite quickly and likely cripple Trion. Not even mentioning the other two items from a rng box which makes the impact even bigger. They can essentially upgrade current cyanfin owners(Ones who got the dolphin prior to this fiasco) a one time upgrade to fusciafin, ones with the glider skin and costume would also receive a upgrade to a different and hopefully better costume or glider skin.

Trion doesn't cripple itself and satisfies the owners with their upgrades assuming they give this to everybody. The only upset people would be the ones who want the exact item so they can choose to not upgrade their stuff. As for the archeum packs, not sure what to do there.

Baby
03-20-2015, 07:08 AM
Holy ♥♥♥♥! First the stupid RNG boxes for EVERYTHING and now this?

Are you guys working with some sort of mental impairment or really just trying to kill this game before it's even a year old? I mean this is too stupid for words. I was already only logging in to pay my taxes, now you people are giving away items to INACTIVE players, and giving nothing to your PAYING ones. Idiots, just complete idiots.

Short of giving your paying players a huge pack with every item from those stupid RNG boxes you've been putting out and a full REMOVAL of all RNG boxes in the future I don't see what you can possibly do to entice people to stay.

You've proven you don't care about us one bit at this point. You better make a huge apology in the form of gifts or wave goodbye to the remaining players once word spreads about this it's over.

There are no words to even explain how stupid this entire thing is.

Jenelise
03-20-2015, 07:13 AM
I think the thing that bothers me most is that it items in the win-back pack are locked behind RNG boxes for us active players. If you had given them mirage mounts, I would have cared. If you had given them the cheerberry Yata costume, I wouldn't have cared. Even the sloth glider wouldn't have phased me.

I recognized very early on that RNG boxes weren't for me and have steered clear of them. The items in the win-back pack will never be obtainable to me and that's what ticks me off. That and I've been waiting until pay day to buy a secrets pack that others were handed. You can believe that I won't be buying one now, or ever most likely. The only thing that will fix this for me is if EVERYTHING in RNG boxes is also attainable for loyalty tokens and we get a ♥♥♥♥ load of Loyalty tokens to buy them as our "compensation" package.

Trion is in a unique position of having to win back their current clients now. Let's see how they handle it.

Sidious

Are you guys working with some sort of mental impairment or really just trying to kill this game before it's even a year old? I mean this is too stupid for words. I was already only logging in to pay my taxes, now you people are giving away items to INACTIVE players, and giving nothing to your PAYING ones. Idiots, just complete idiots.

Short of giving your paying players a huge pack with every item from those stupid RNG boxes you've been putting out and a full REMOVAL of all RNG boxes in the future I don't see what you can possibly do to entice people to stay.

You've proven you don't care about us one bit at this point. You better make a huge apology in the form of gifts or wave goodbye to the remaining players once word spreads about this it's over.

......agreed....

UnhappyCustomer

Are you guys working with some sort of mental impairment or really just trying to kill this game before it's even a year old?

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/thaunbeatable/Jezussays_zpsnuhosclz.jpg (http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/thaunbeatable/media/Jezussays_zpsnuhosclz.jpg.html)

Careby
03-20-2015, 07:16 AM
They won't be giving back the credits spent on those boxes...
...They can essentially upgrade current cyanfin owners...
...Trion doesn't cripple itself and satisfies the owners with their upgrades assuming they give this to everybody.

I expect they won't refund credits. But while upgrading existing dolphins may satisfy you personally, I expect it wouldn't placate the majority of players.

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 07:19 AM
The feedback gathered in this thread from their customers regarding TRIONs lack of professionalism it's their last call to so something and save the situation. But this something has to be BIG.

Well, i'm not playing TERA, but if you look on AION eu forums there's absolutely nothing on the same scale with this. Here and there, but on very small scale and many are regarding how koreans made the game not how GF manage it. If they would merge some servers the majority will be happy and they are already announced they have that on the plan list.
But nothing big like you tell me it's on TERA or here on AA.
I do not think there are the same people that manage both AION, TERA and all games under GameForge.

True, I think it's different teams.. but that's what I mean. I totally understand the outrage, my worry is that when Trion decides to toss the bucket , there will be nobody left to answer things like this, let alone compensate you. That is what happened to the Tera guys, so much time invested into the game and suddenly, complete silence and rng everywhere - you knew you should quit and move on, but it sucked because you have been there so long... It was hard to see it become that.

With regards to this, I think it's fair to wait and see what comes about instead of rushing in and cancelling everything. 80 pages later and 300 threads on the same thing in not necessary , I'm quite sure they are aware by now 0.o

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 07:20 AM
I expect they won't refund credits. But while upgrading existing dolphins may satisfy you personally, I expect it wouldn't placate the majority of players.
You left out the upgrades for the dynasty robe and starlit gliders. These are the people largely affected by this and the archeum pack owners. Ones who didn't purchase any shouldn't expect to be equal to those that did.

camokitten
03-20-2015, 07:22 AM
I have not read through this entire post; however, I have skimmed through - read some posts at length. Yes people are upset/mad/pissed off that a very nice selection of game items (be they cosmetic or not) were given to people that had LEFT the game and nothing was offered to loyal gamers that have been feeding Trion money in attempts to get those exact same items.

In the end, for me it isn't necessarily about the items. It IS how it was done from LAUNCH - not just this recent transaction. As a patron I was offered a head start. This was a failure from the start with an underestimation of response on Trion's part, leading to server crashes and long queues to get into the game. There have been many glitches and problems since then that have resulted in Trion having to re-think their process and reimburse players. By now (almost a year since Alpha), they should have a solid production/development team and customer service representatives in place for this game. It clearly doesn't seem that way - and perhaps internal affairs and marketing need to figure out WHY this isn't so.

Trion has every right to offer a 'come-back' incentive to players. Almost every MMO out there, subscription and free-to-play, offers some kind of incentive to come back when there's new content. It's just part of the gaming community. I recently received a couple emails from other games with just such incentives: "free 7 days", 'free pack' of goodies useable on one character", "free mount if you buy gold this weekend". Trion, however, went above and beyond in what they were offering to a 'select few' and overshot the mark by a long shot. Yes, that has upset quite a few (close to all) of their currently paying Patrons and some free-to-play that have dropped cash into this game in attempts to get items from the Marketplace and boxes only to see them handed out to returning players that probably haven't given much, if anything, to Trion in the way of credit card business.

With that said I'd like to share with Trion and perhaps other players what a couple of other games do for incentives and how they handle marketplace/cash-shop items. Perhaps this will give Trion some idea of changes that would give incentive for us Patrons to keep playing and for new or returning players to stay:

World of Warcraft: I played for 5 years. Over time items in game that were Bind-on-pickup (BoP) became Bind-on-Account (BoA) so that I could send it to other characters on my account. Items bought with real money, such as pets from the Blizzard store, are instantly mailed to ANY future character I create. This is giving me my money's worth.

Perfect World International - a free-to-play game: Some store bought items (costumes, dyes, etc) can be sold to other players, can be stored in an 'account stash' so that all characters have access to them, can be gifted. I am buying the item with zen (credits) purchased via cash through their site. I am allowed to do almost whatever I want with the items I buy.

Neverwinter - a free-to-play or subscription game: Founders pack items are available to future characters, not limited to x number of characters. My husband and I both purchased their $200 founder pack that gave us 16 items. 9 of those 16 are redeemable on ANY character we ever create in that game. I am not sure about items from their marketplace as I've not purchased anything there.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - a free-to-play or subscription game: As a subscriber I am granted 500 credits per month of subscription. For having an account authenticator I am granted 100 credits regardless of if I am paying a sub or not. Most items bought from their cash shop with these credits have an option to pay a little more to unlock that item so it is redeemable by ANY character on the account.

In the end, I play & pay for ArcheAge because I see a game that has a great potential in the MMO/RPG world. However, Trion's handling of this game since launch and it's continued incompetency with patches, customer service, and responses from staff about what is going on, all likely will be why I ultimately stop paying.

I am disappointed that for whatever reason (I still don't understand this one) we are not given the FULL game that KR gets. I understand it takes time to translate code into several different languages and ensure that the code still works...so maybe that is why we don't get 100% of each patch and/or events...maybe it just takes too much to translate it all? We were shown some things in Alpha that we will never have because it was never XL Games or Trion's intent to let the US and EU version of the game have them. Why? They now claim it was 'leaked' information. A sad excuse for poor management and production of the game for US/EU consumers.

Bunnyleptic
03-20-2015, 07:23 AM
I keep repeating it but I find this quote the best written post ever, and the suggestions are very well thought too:

I am all for trying to boost the population and lure people back but there are certain things that must be kept in mind:

Other games give out a free month subscription. Why? Because they are not F2P. That is the only way they can usually lure people back.

This game is F2P. Anyone can come back at any time and try all the new content for free. Buying a subscription just gives you patron and access to land. You should NEVER give that out to anyone for free unless you give everyone that is currently paying for it free time as well. Land is one of the main ways to "get ahead" in this game legit without a credit card.

You should not be giving out items other people had to pay for or wasted tons of RL money trying for. That is very bad juju. Give returning players simple items like a couple (read COUPLE) xp boosts and or something that is obtainable in game with ease without using real money to get it. Smaller items you can buy on Mirage Isle would be sufficient. Say a 24x24 house plan or clipper. That would lure people to actually BUY a subscription without just giving them that for free and more. =/ A clipper would force people to have to buy an auction ticket to buy items to build it or find another way to get mats (patron for land or bonding with a guild/other players to try to mooch).

This plan was an epic fail. While you have my kudos for admitting it and now attempting to fix it, I encourage you to think clearly when you create your compensations. Not all players are created equal. The dolphin mount is cool and all but not all of us want that. Some would prefer a different mount they spent tons of RL money trying to get but failed at. Maybe give people a choice. A) Carrot Dash, B) Mirage Bear, or C) Dolphin etc.

As for the secrets packs given out, again bad juju. Please think clearly about the compensation there as well. Loyal people payed lots of money for these packs and now they are being handed out for free to quitters. We've payed for the packs and we have all of the items in them already. We dont need the same items again and many of us wouldnt want them again. Some equivalent package that gives people a choice as to what they get (marketplace credits, loyalty tokens etc are good options or RNG boxes with a better drop rate) might be a better option in the long run towards making everyone happy.

This might have been a bit rambling but is my 2 cents.

Eindi
03-20-2015, 07:25 AM
This is great. I haven't complained at all (through the forums or customer service, anyway), and I'm still blocked from posting on the general forums as of today. So I'll complain now too!

I quit a couple months ago, but kept logging in briefly, daily, when I heard about the divine gifts. Because, hey! Why not? I might play again in the future, and it took no effort. I started to do that again with the library gifts.

So I am an ex-patron who technically counts as an active account just because I log in a couple minutes a day, and so I didn't receive the Win Back thing. That's fine! I don't think any non actively playing account should get that type of thing, anyway! However, my friends who quit at the same time, who didn't even want to expend the effort to get the gift boxes because they're 100% sure they're never, ever, coming back, DID get it. Now that..that starts to burn.

And for the record, several of them never spent ANY more than monthly patron. NO preorders, packs, or cash shop items.

And so, to people who are actively playing the game right now, I am so sorry you're going through this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

p.s. this is mostly just a test to see if I'm blocked from this forum too. This situation is getting hilariously screwed up (yet still rage inducing).

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 07:26 AM
They muted a good percentage of their forum users who can now only post in the News & Announcements section. It's being worked on last I heard.

Pomegranate
03-20-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm like partially banned now or something, can't post in General. :\ I get the same message some other people posted earlier after speaking their minds:

"Pomegranate, your request could not be completed.

You must have a character of level 15 or higher to be able to post to the forums, or you do not have permission to complete this action."

Denick
03-20-2015, 07:30 AM
I too have been muted, seems to be a recurring thing with Trion if they don't like what you say. At least it was not a full ban since they do that usually.

DaeSQuaLL
03-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Not sure if just giving everyone a dolphin etc would help the situation. As I have spent money on quite a few boxes to get said dolphin. And then to get another dolphin when I already have one would not fix problem with me.

+1

totally agree... but they have to do anything... the ♥♥♥♥storm on this thread would not be even Close to what happenend when they not...

CountessGizelle
03-20-2015, 07:31 AM
All,

Id like to be transparent about whats happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what were doing for our active ArcheAge community.

Its our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. Weve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. Im sure youve seen other companies do this before as its a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what weve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldnt be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that theyre largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. Weve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. Its important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

Guess what ?? after 100s of dollars in Apex, Patron and credits........and we're still here, WE FEEL SLIGHTED.
Who pays for your position? I guarantee it's not those who left the game.

Truebanana
03-20-2015, 07:33 AM
That's how they are dealing with people who are complaining too much. But it's still better than what Ncsoft did once with that kind of major issue, they took down the forum :o

I'm part of the people who are being muted.

Denick
03-20-2015, 07:36 AM
That's how they are dealing with people who are complaining too much. But it's still better than what Ncsoft did once with that kind of major issue, they took down the forum :o

I'm part of the people who are being muted.

I kind of feel like I would rather they have just taken the forums down, at least they could lie it was ddos or something. This just gets me more upset to only mute select people and to lie about it saying its a glitch.

Pomegranate
03-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Muting people who were speaking out is pretty much the pettiest response I can think of.

Eindi
03-20-2015, 07:38 AM
I too have been muted, seems to be a recurring thing with Trion if they don't like what you say. At least it was not a full ban since they do that usually.

The best part is, I hadn't even said anything yet, last post was in December! I was going to make a smart ♥♥♥ reply to one of the general threads about this (which probably would have made me blocked me afterwards), but found I was muted/blocked when I hit reply. Trion went and got a psychic! Or they went and broke another thing.

Denick
03-20-2015, 07:42 AM
The best part is, I hadn't even said anything yet, last post was in December! I was going to make a smart ♥♥♥ reply to one of the general threads about this (which probably would have made me blocked me afterwards), but found I was muted/blocked when I hit reply. Trion went and got a psychic! Or they went and broke another thing.

Did you say anything in global chat, I heard they were blocking forum accounts of players saying things in game. Or I could be wrong its just something broken, but that seems very convenient and coincidental

Sedu
03-20-2015, 07:44 AM
"They muted a good percentage of their forum users who can now only post in the News & Announcements section. "

wow. They burried their customers under a big pile of ♥♥♥♥ and they do not even have enough balls to take their "hits" and well founded accusation?
Our opinion about how you run things it's terrible already, TRION....stoph!

True, I think it's different teams.. but that's what I mean. I totally understand the outrage, my worry is that when Trion decides to toss the bucket , there will be nobody left to answer things like this, let alone compensate you. That is what happened to the Tera guys, so much time invested into the game and suddenly, complete silence and rng everywhere - you knew you should quit and move on, but it sucked because you have been there so long... It was hard to see it become that.

TERA is a bit different case to start with( i played it when it went live at the beginning on P2P version) It's the 1st MMO that went from P2P to F2P and mass server merge with the speed of light after launch i ever seen in 9 years as MMO a player. That says something also...

Cruels
03-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Sad Times.
Me and my gaming partner both purchased the $150.00 new pack minutes after server came back up after new patch. Along with others I play with.
Now I find out you gave all these items (except the Firebrand Courtier's Robe) to old players trying to get them to come back. You also gave them items that people paid cash to try and get from those crazy RNG boxes. I know a lot of people who put hundreds of dollar's on the game just to get the dolphin mount and never got it.
I see some are talking about solutions to this problem.
1. You can't roll back the server. I got level 55 4 days after new patch. Others got their levels as well. And I refuse to have to grind my level 55 out again. Because Trion messed up. And I know others feel the same way as I do.
2. You can't really even remove the items you freely gave away. A lot was posted on the Auction House and sold. The potions I am sure was used.

The only thing that even remotely makes sense is giving all players the same items you have given out so freely to those in the "Win-Back program". Or maybe giving them tons of loyality/credits that come up to the amount given freely out.
And to those you already given the items to via live chat, should not get anything due to they got their's already.

I am sure all the players are awaiting your live stream tonight. I am sure you will have a plan on how to fix your mess up. This is a "make it or break it" moment for you. Your decision on how to fix your mess up will determine if people play or leave AA.
I do hope you chose wisely.

Hugzz

inspectorgadget
03-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Hey guys I came up with what is actually going on. ok so trino knows archeage is dead 100% and gave out these packages to make the current payers O.O I mean players... to leave the game so they no longer have to work on it and can wipe there hands clean. ~_~ well played trino... well played.

MonolithD
03-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Muting people who were speaking out is pretty much the pettiest response I can think of.

well I have not bashed them in any way and I have the same problem..

I only want a free labor pot or 2 :D

BossHog
03-20-2015, 07:56 AM
I haven't played since November. I gave up my land and patron status sometime in February. I'm going to let my free Dolphin rot as a lesson to anyone still clueless as to how Trion operates. This is not a game. This is a mockery.

Trion, you are a bunch of scum sucking money grubbing weasels. You should apologize, refund everyone, and shutdown out of respect for all other American MMORPG companies.

SierraK
03-20-2015, 07:57 AM
I only want a free labor pot or 2 :D

I would like 2300 loyalty worth of free labor pots. With no CD.

Lyrical
03-20-2015, 08:00 AM
I am one of the people who purchased the $150 package. Giving me the exact same package you gave the folks who left the game doesn't make any sense as having a duplicate of items like the mailbox does nothing for me. Guessing the lucky few who managed to snag a dolphin feel the same. I personally vote that in addition to the items such as experia plants where receiving duplicates make sense, customers receive loyalty tokens based on a formula that takes into account total loyalty points earned in game since first log on. The result would be that the most loyal customers are getting the greatest reward and can then chose the items they most desire.

Focslain
03-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Just skimming this thread I have to say CS dropped the ball big time here. They had no right giving out ANYTHING during this.

I've seen return programs before (hell I recieve emails with return incentives from Blizzard all the time), but this one was poorly exicuted for the same reason in the OP. They gave away too much.

Now that the CS applied water to what is now seen as a grease fire, the problem has pretty well exploded. All that needed to happen is once it was know that the return gift was so high is management should have been contacted and CS should have locked down.

No gifts to anyone until the return patron issue was resolved.

Instead CS gave one crying kid candy and the door was left wide open for every other whiner to throw a tanturm. The community is now trying to extort more from Trion because of an avoidable mistake.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 08:03 AM
On a side note.

I'm not playing till this is resolved.
Less income on worker's compensations for you Trion.

matts2192
03-20-2015, 08:09 AM
you think they worked late last night to try and solve this problem? most likely they said ♥♥♥♥ all of us and just went home early. there is no way to really fix this. if they give us all the packs the economy will be destroyed. if they don't give us the packs we will riot and quit. lose/lose for trion. the little bit of money I would have spent on AA is now going towards Crowfall. hopefully they understand that they killed a dying game.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 08:10 AM
On a side note.

Less income on worker's compensations for you Trion.

^ this
also my patron expires in 2 days. Just in time because i will not pay anything anymore in this current situation. Will wait for their live-excuse tonight. And see how they plan to repair this mess...a very very very very very big "HOW"

imnotyoda
03-20-2015, 08:11 AM
I just spent the money I was waiting to invest into AA on Funko Pops! Instead.

adiandrei96
03-20-2015, 08:12 AM
On a side note.

Same. This made me angry because i spend real money trying to get that mount and now they are giving it for free to ppl that stoped playing.

Vendui
03-20-2015, 08:28 AM
So, if everyone that has said they stopped their patronage to let the last days ride, with no recurrence, Ive counted over 900 paying patron accounts, that will no longer be paying. thats over $13,491 revenue lost per month for the life of the game, if they no longer pay. Thats not including the people who have second or third accounts, that they also pay patron for.. This.. this is a big loss for Trion, and i would be curious to see how it all plays out today.

Buff Fresh
WoW i think it was a awesome idea and more free stuff should be given away to bring players back, i have seen way More many ppl complain about stuff that does not really matter and 2 see a lot of ppl cry is very sad and they need to man up instead of being little baby's, Honestly if id known sooner id of got my Tear CollectorTM Out!

page 83 of crybaby's makes me want to stop playing, i hope you big men behind your keyboards are happy about crying on a internet forum, its a shame you have you ruin stuff for other ppl!
But!
Its Friday and im looking forward to Partying and Awesome Live Stream!
*cough* Eve Online and *cought* FanFest *cough**cough**cough*

imnotyoda
Wow, I've been blocked from commenting on other threads. Way to go, Trino!

Vendui
03-20-2015, 08:30 AM
WoW i think it was a awesome idea and more free stuff should be given away to bring players back, i have seen way More many ppl complain about stuff that does not really matter and 2 see a lot of ppl cry is very sad and they need to man up instead of being little babys, Honestly if i known soon id of got my Tear CollectorTM Out!

Ah, you play on salphira. This is why you care not, your server has had the most issues since launch and have grown accustom to trions ways. Congratulations. The rest of us however see the value of the "gift" they gave out, to be worth more than a paying customer, since launch, could ever achieve.

Sarat00ga
03-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Wow, I've been blocked from commenting on other threads. Way to go, Trino!

I also have been blocked too from other threads..... since I did not violate any forum rules I would love to know why this is happening or is this some sort of "shadow ban"? No notifications or anything anywhere from the moderators... nothing.

imnotyoda
03-20-2015, 08:35 AM
I also have been blocked too from other threads..... since I did not violate any forum rules I would love to know why this is happening or is this some sort of "shadow ban"? No notifications or anything anywhere from the moderators... nothing.

It appears they are just blocking people for commenting or having an opinion. This is not going to win over any hearts or minds.

taski
03-20-2015, 08:36 AM
I've gotten these rng boxes. An been saving for weeks for some robes. I'm really quite sad about this in being I've paid for this game sense launch.. Maybe returning members patron for 30 days would have worked better. Now you just have lots of paying loyal customers mad about unfair treatment with a rng mount. Where is our gift for being loyal and not quitting this game yet. I've giving lots of real money and only revived items after trons days long d/c's. An your gift boxes <3 btw. Anyways, I an others have pumped real money into getting the mount. Broken record 83+ pages of it. Only getting longer and longer.. Sorry, i know you guys are like i hate this job by now. But, i love this game an do not want it to die. I do not know what you could do to fix it. But, im sure you guys will come up with something for loyal paying customers.. <3 Archeage forever!

GabGab
03-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Not all of us on Salphira think like that idiot Buff Fresh. Most of us are just as pissed as rest of you.

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Instead CS gave one crying kid candy and the door was left wide open for every other whiner to throw a tanturm. The community is now trying to extort more from Trion because of an avoidable mistake.

You don't get it do you. I don't even care about any "gift" Trion may come up with for the paying players. Of course if they offer a gift I will take it but it's not about that. I don't even know if there is anything that Trion can give out to turn this boat around.

The problem isn't that they gave out free things to be an incentive. I actually love that part. I love that they were willing to give away some pretty nice things to draw old players back into the game. That's not the problem.

The problem is, they started giving away the dolphin that is currently in the RNG box. They're giving away something that current players EVEN NOW have no other way to obtain than spend money on RNG. It's that they are giving away costumes and gliders and a pack of goodies that rivals the recently released $150 secrets pack.

This is the problem. Any time any company offers a program for returning players, it's usually items that allow them to catch up. In this case, it would be items to help returning players catch up to level 50 so they can join their friends on the way to 55. Not once, and I mean not a single time in my 15 years of playing dozens and dozens of MMO's have I ever seen a company give away for free the very items they are cashing in on.

This is why it is being labled "dolphingate". Because unless you quit playing, there is no way to get the dolphin other than spend money (sometimes hundreds of dollars) in the cash shop.

Buff Fresh
03-20-2015, 08:41 AM
You don't get it do you. I don't even care about any "gift" Trion may come up with for the paying players. Of course if they offer a gift I will take it but it's not about that. I don't even know if there is anything that Trion can give out to turn this boat around.

The problem isn't that they gave out free things to be an incentive. I actually love that part. I love that they were willing to give away some pretty nice things to draw old players back into the game. That's not the problem.

The problem is, they started giving away the dolphin that is currently in the RNG box. They're giving away something that current players EVEN NOW have no other way to obtain than spend money on RNG. It's that they are giving away costumes and gliders and a pack of goodies that rivals the recently released $150 secrets pack.

This is the problem. Any time any company offers a program for returning players, it's usually items that allow them to catch up. In this case, it would be items to help returning players catch up to level 50 so they can join their friends on the way to 55. Not once, and I mean not a single time in my 15 years of playing dozens and dozens of MMO's have I ever seen a company give away for free the very items they are cashing in on.

This is why it is being labled "dolphingate". Because unless you quit playing, there is no way to get the dolphin other than spend money (sometimes hundreds of dollars) in the cash shop.

OMG You Are So RIGHT! We Should Totaly Occupie Trion Head Quarters, and give out free stuff to passers by and not them, see hwo they would like it!!
and Scapes because hes Awesome !

OR

Just man up and stop being a baby?
But still give Scapes Free stuff! because hes Awesome!

Halochain
03-20-2015, 08:43 AM
This was really a bad business move.

Giving everyone the dolphin is hardly a fix. I've not had much interested in it to begin with and even less if every player in the game has one. It still wouldn't resolve anything for those like my guild-mates that spent money to get these items. Items like that have a certain appeal because not everyone has it.

Trino needs to get a program together that includes a number of active players to act as a player community to run these types of decisions by. Set aside the hubris that devs have that makes them think they are all knowing. In this case, Trino clearly doesn't understand their own game.

Normalizing everyone's inventory is NOT a fix. If that is what you guys are thinking right now, I would put the brakes on and really think this one out before making it worse.

Buff Fresh
03-20-2015, 08:43 AM
so your saying you dont want a Free Dolphin?

kowa
03-20-2015, 08:45 AM
I am still not sure how anyone could think this would make people play again. The only thing these gifts are doing is letting people that quit that it was a good idea. I have not seen anyone return because of this yet but all I've seen was people logging in because they might know someone who wants the free stuff. This is just another attempt at ♥♥♥♥ing up the "player driven economy".
This wont kill the game but it sure as hell will shorten the life span of it. Whoever made this happen should be excluded from any future decisions like this and don't let them near a computer with admin/gm or whatever the hell you want to call it powers.
At this point no matter what you will give us people will be pissed and you wont change that so the only thing you can change is make people not quit because of the things others got for free. At least next time you plan a colossal ♥♥♥♥ up make ♥♥♥♥ BOUND ON PICKUP. All hail Riot for we will not forget nor forgive this trino

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 08:47 AM
I already have a dolphin, why would I want another one? Also since I already had one, why would I want others who spent nothing to get one?

Karthenoir
03-20-2015, 08:48 AM
So let me get this straight - It's more profitable as a player to not buy patron and to just leave the game until new patch where they raise lvl cap (saving myself like $600 just on patron sub alone) come back get new swag that some fool archeage fan has been grinding months for and Trion expects this to get players to return to the game and spend money? to me it seems that trion is trying to entice players to rather not play their game than to play it........ Logic this is what is absent in this company. Its situations like this where a company like tion earns sooo much money with such a bad work ethic/moral that makes me understand why people like Marx and Lenin thought communism was a more sustainable system! For a long time I've tried to be understanding and not bash Trion but I really love Archeage and it seems trion takes every opportunity they can to try destroy the game, Please just sell the rights of the game to someone else so this game can continue and not become totally nonviable to play.

Sedu
03-20-2015, 08:48 AM
OMG You Are So RIGHT! We Should Totaly Occupie Trion Head Quarters, and give out free stuff to passers by and not them, see hwo they would like it!!

OR

bad troll or just stupid?

Bunnyleptic
03-20-2015, 08:50 AM

OR

Actually the guy whom you quoted (Bruttle) made very well thought points and he wrote it very well.

It's you who is a "baby" here. You didn't make 1 valid point, instead you accuse people and insult them because they do not agree with you.

If you want to insult someone for being a "crybaby" at least put some valid points in your post, so you don't end up looking like a complete child/idiot.

Another very well written post is this one:

I am all for trying to boost the population and lure people back but there are certain things that must be kept in mind:

Other games give out a free month subscription. Why? Because they are not F2P. That is the only way they can usually lure people back.

This game is F2P. Anyone can come back at any time and try all the new content for free. Buying a subscription just gives you patron and access to land. You should NEVER give that out to anyone for free unless you give everyone that is currently paying for it free time as well. Land is one of the main ways to "get ahead" in this game legit without a credit card.

You should not be giving out items other people had to pay for or wasted tons of RL money trying for. That is very bad juju. Give returning players simple items like a couple (read COUPLE) xp boosts and or something that is obtainable in game with ease without using real money to get it. Smaller items you can buy on Mirage Isle would be sufficient. Say a 24x24 house plan or clipper. That would lure people to actually BUY a subscription without just giving them that for free and more. =/ A clipper would force people to have to buy an auction ticket to buy items to build it or find another way to get mats (patron for land or bonding with a guild/other players to try to mooch).

This plan was an epic fail. While you have my kudos for admitting it and now attempting to fix it, I encourage you to think clearly when you create your compensations. Not all players are created equal. The dolphin mount is cool and all but not all of us want that. Some would prefer a different mount they spent tons of RL money trying to get but failed at. Maybe give people a choice. A) Carrot Dash, B) Mirage Bear, or C) Dolphin etc.

As for the secrets packs given out, again bad juju. Please think clearly about the compensation there as well. Loyal people payed lots of money for these packs and now they are being handed out for free to quitters. We've payed for the packs and we have all of the items in them already. We dont need the same items again and many of us wouldnt want them again. Some equivalent package that gives people a choice as to what they get (marketplace credits, loyalty tokens etc are good options or RNG boxes with a better drop rate) might be a better option in the long run towards making everyone happy.

This might have been a bit rambling but is my 2 cents.

Lokz
03-20-2015, 08:50 AM
The thing is that the box probably worked and other that that they dont give a s**t.

But you never know do you..

Halochain
03-20-2015, 08:51 AM

In a nutshell, I am saying I like the game alot. I want the devs to start making sound decisions that will create a healthy player base.

Do I want a free dolphin at the expense of my friends and other players that spent a lot of money on lotto boxes? No, I don't.

munchie
03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
This isn't the first company to mess this up but this is the worst to be handled. this is the 3rd game me and my guild has tried of trions each time its a cluster. SO lets put it this way their is about 30 accounts about to go by and we spend our 15 a month with another company. we are not free to play players we are full subs. on a server that has very little life as it is. no merge or transfers. but you will reward people for not playing and us that been paying since founders you spit in our face. this is total epic fail. lets do the math 15 a month times 12 months is 180 a year and we have 30 accounts. you just about to lose 5400 just trying to bring back more free to play players great job.

Gum
03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
To all those who thinks that they are not affected by this, think again please. This is a sandbox game w/ myriads of features in it. Land is vast, war goes on, resources comes and goes . But to give a certain portion of players $100 worth of items?No not $100. The dolphin? Lols. You know what's the problem?(Directed to those who keeps on being stupidly positive) It is that some of us wants to be on equal ground w/ others or wants to feel special too. The pack might not be valuable to some of you but it sure is valuable to alot others. If you think wanting to be on equal ground w/ the rest or wanting to feel special is wrong, then just play a single-player game. I admit I wanna be one of those who gets something unique in this period .

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 09:00 AM
To all those who thinks that they are not affected by this, think again please. This is a sandbox game w/ myriads of features in it. Land is vast, war goes on, resources comes and goes . But to give a certain portion of players $100 worth of items?No not $100. The dolphin? Lols. You know what's the problem?(Directed to those who keeps on being stupidly positive) It is that some of us wants to be on equal ground w/ others or wants to feel special too. The pack might not be valuable to some of you but it sure is valuable to alot others. If you think wanting to be on equal ground w/ the rest or wanting to feel special is wrong, then just play a single-player game. I admit I wanna be one of those who gets something unique in this period .

Might be more clear for the simple minded if we say players got like 2.500 worth of gold, instead of 100$ pack.

Gum
03-20-2015, 09:03 AM
90% Selfish people. 10% Bandwagon-ers.

MCBOB
03-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Lets hope you guys are't stupid enough to gift all bound items.

Silenthunder
03-20-2015, 09:10 AM
90% Selfish people. 10% Bandwagon-ers.
"New but feel like quitting.
After a week of being here, I realised that archeage is something special. I have never played a more satisfying MMORPG than Archeage before and thought of signing up for the patron pack . I looked around the forums today and have grown a distaste to what this company had done for the loyal customers. Why can't they gift those who have stayed here for so long and the new ones here instead of trying to pull those that left back? It just gives the ones who left more reason to despise . I really wanna stay here for long but this kind of things scare me."

Your a fine one to talk..

feeder
03-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Well it seems most of the outspoken people have been muted or banned, since the posts have less rage and the posters seem uninformed. So i guess it's my turn to get banned as well, though I wanted to stay quiet. This Gum guy above me has me irritated again, calling people selfish. ♥♥♥♥ Gum...

FYI: Trion took a big ♥♥♥♥ on ALL of it's paying costumers. End of Story.

What will they do to make ammends, this is the topic of discussion...

If you disagree or don't like what's happening here TOO BAD. There are 85 pages (800+ posts) of people that want things made right.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Atleast thanks to this i started checking my alts, and still found old compensation packs for the downtime months ago...
I guess i owe you a thanks Trion? :S

Kingkong
03-20-2015, 09:19 AM
do you know how much waisted time and money ive spent trying to get that dolphin just to be different. about 30 boxes later i finally got one and its toatal crap and then you give them away to people who have turned there back on AA but us who has been patron sense day 1 get the shaft. Ide like all the money i spent on rng boxes back and i think anyone who has the junk dolphin should get a free upgrade to dahuta dolphin is only thing that would be fair but what ever ive been screwed by Trion sevral times now just like with dream ring quest it took my celestial gale ring off my guy and used it instead of the green one i had in my INVENTORY and you guys couldnt fix it so lame im almost done with this game i dont know what keeps bringing me back.

Qing Hane
03-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Make it fair that is all I am asking for.

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 09:21 AM
do you know how much waisted time and money ive spent trying to get that dolphin just to be different. about 30 boxes later i finally got one and its toatal crap and then you give them away to people who have turned there back on AA but us who has been patron sense day 1 get the shaft. Ide like all the money i spent on rng boxes back and i think anyone who has the junk dolphin should get a free upgrade to dahuta dolphin is only thing that would be fair but what ever ive been screwed by Trion sevral times now just like with dream ring quest it took my celestial gale ring off my guy and used it instead of the green one i had in my INVENTORY and you guys couldnt fix it so lame im almost done with this game i dont know what keeps bringing me back.
Some current patrons complained early enough and got the dolphin packs/archeum packs, so it wasn't just expatrons. Current patrons got it as well when they shouldn't have. One of the better ideas I seen were upgrades for cyanfin, dyansty robe and starlit gliders, a lot loyalty tokens for patrons so we can pick and choose rewards or save for pegasus among some others. I have a very strong feeling we won't be getting any of those ideas sadly but they also wouldn't be giving these dolphins to everybody.

Linhy
03-20-2015, 09:22 AM
so we find out sometime today right?

Focslain
03-20-2015, 09:23 AM

No I get it, as stated earlier in my post and in the OP, they over gifted in the return offer. They admitted this. My issue is that CS then gave out dolphins as well. This could have been controled with a better CS response but instead they paniked and now we have this dolphingate problem.

Gum
03-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Yo "context". Sorry that i didn't mention anything else but when i said 90% Selfish players/10% Bandwagon-ers, i meant those who didn't want a change and whined that others are whining over a small matter.

Mabiche
03-20-2015, 09:28 AM
I can't believe we're now turning on the patrons were who lucky enough to get the gifts by contacting support. Hey, kudos to them, they've been dealing with the same ♥♥♥♥ as the rest of us patrons. It's amusing to me because A LOT of other people were trying to same thing, but were cut off by mid-morning in their requests for free stuff. And now that that loophole has been closed, the pitchforks came out.

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I can't believe we're now turning on the patrons were who lucky enough to get the gifts by contacting support. Hey, kudos to them, they've been dealing with the same ♥♥♥♥ as the rest of us patrons. It's amusing to me because A LOT of other people were trying to same thing, but were cut off by mid-morning in their requests for free stuff. And now that that loophole has been closed, the pitchforks came out.
Actually it's more so towards the customer support than the patrons exploiting them. Now all patrons are demanding equal treatment which is a messy situation here.

feeder
03-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Yo "context". Sorry that i didn't mention anything else but when i said 90% Selfish players/10% Bandwagon-ers, i meant those who didn't want a change and whined that others are whining over a small matter.

Ahh ok I gotcha.

I just didn't think of it that way, when I first read it... considering there are only 2-3 people on this whole thread that disagree with the angry mob. So 2 people are 90% selfish, and the other guy is 10% a bandwagoner i suppose. :P lol

Digma76
03-20-2015, 09:33 AM

One of my guild members spent 120 boxes to finally get the dolphin. Imagine how he feels about this all.

Trion. I don't know how you are going to make this up to the people who paid patron and probably also the pre-purchase packages before this game went live and has been supporting by just paying patron and buying credits packs until now.

But I hope that you that you realize it that it better be good, as this is direct slap in the face.

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 09:40 AM
No I get it, as stated earlier in my post and in the OP, they over gifted in the return offer. They admitted this. My issue is that CS then gave out dolphins as well. This could have been controled with a better CS response but instead they paniked and now we have this dolphingate problem.

I honestly don't know about that. How many times have you seen people posting about CS having their hands tied. CS is constantly replying to issues with "I understand but we don't have the authority to change/give/fix that."

What is more likely, is that this was all started with the decision to gift the packages that were sent. They sent them knowing full well that there would be SOME angry responses. In planning for these responses, CS was authorized to overgift these few people. This would keep everything low key and minor.

But then this whole thing happened. They vastly underestimated the current level of frustration tucked away in their player base. The whole thing blew up on them and all their plans went screaming down the toilet like a turd on taco night.

So here we are, quickly approaching 100 pages of anger and pent up frustration. It's true, some of the people found in these pages are reaching this level of frustration because they are still angry about the other bad decisions Trion has made before this one. But that doesn't diminish the gravity of this issue.

The bottom line is, no big money corporation allows people to just wing it. Micromanaging is a plague in these businesses and every decision has to pass a gambit of authorizations to make it into reality. I find it difficult (read impossible) to believe that this decision was made by some rogue group of Trion. I truly believe it was fully authorized and with the knowledge that it would piss some people off.

What they weren't expecting, was this. They should have seen this coming, but they didn't. Now here we are and here we sit, waiting for Trion to either put yet another nail in the coffin, or fix this thing.

matts2192
why would you still support a company with no internal communications? you think when a company like Best Buy or Walmart puts things on sale they just let the stockboy randomly pick a price? No they discuss it and internally and send out company wide notices. Someone dropped the ball at Trion and I cant wait to see who they put the blame on, this makes them look extremely unprofessional. they will probably make a joke of it like the apology video for the severs sucking at life. the unpaid interns who work for me could have communicated better then your paid staff did.

UnhappyCustomer
One of my guild members spent 120 boxes to finally get the dolphin. Imagine how he feels about this all.

Trion. I don't know how you are going to make this up to the people who paid patron and probably also the pre-purchase packages before this game went live and has been supporting by just paying patron and buying credits packs until now.

But I hope that you that you realize it that it better be good, as this is direct slap in the face.

Imagine a level 1 f2p getting enough credits to buy 50 of those boxes for free.
Hard to believe right?

http://i.imgur.com/I4x4uXG.jpg

Digma76
03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Imagine a level 1 f2p getting enough credits to buy 50 of those boxes for free.
Hard to believe right?

LOL, seriousy? wtf.. I should have made 100 F2P accounts and then forget about them.

Sharon
03-20-2015, 09:44 AM
(Small percent of people coming back) - (Loyal subs with multiple accounts) = math is hard, but it's a Net Loss

LOL

Forget the dolphin, I want the lucky points and secrets gift pack.

Linhy
03-20-2015, 09:48 AM
FREE PEGGIE MOUNTS FOR ALL..muahahahahaha that'll be cool if that happened

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 09:49 AM
LOL

Forget the dolphin, I want the lucky points and secrets gift pack.

That's the big problem that they've created. They are now facing the need to gift a package to every single paid player. Now imagine thousands and thousands of these gifts entering your AH cluster. Or, if they make everything bind on pickup, imagine these thousands of items left unsold on the AH because people stop buying them.

What Trion is facing now, is the need to give a gift to every single patron without ruining the economy yet again.

Gum
03-20-2015, 09:50 AM
IMO , if they want to get players to be interested in AA, they should give us boats or colourful gliders or a golden ♥♥♥♥ing shovel and host several events. Why do they need to give a ♥♥♥♥ing dolphin?

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 09:51 AM
That's the big problem that they've created. They are now facing the need to gift a package to every single paid player. Now imagine thousands and thousands of these gifts entering your AH cluster. Or, if they make everything bind on pickup, imagine these thousands of items left unsold on the AH because people stop buying them.

What Trion is facing now, is the need to give a gift to every single patron without ruining the economy yet again.

They already did with the tradeable lucky sunpoints and the credits that buy tradeable items.
Harm has been done already...

23k credits has some impact on the economy...

Bruttle
03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
They already did with the tradeable lucky sunpoints and the credits that buy tradeable items.

Oh I absolutely agree with that. I'm not saying the economy hasn't already been damaged because of the incentive gifts. If they don't play this right though, they could seriously crash the in-game economy. Just like they did before. Multiple times...

maiyah
03-20-2015, 09:55 AM

I must have missed something, been skimming the thread...but how does that player have over 20k in credits?

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Oh I absolutely agree with that. I'm not saying the economy hasn't already been damaged because of the incentive gifts. If they don't play this right though, they could seriously crash the in-game economy. Just like they did before. Multiple times...

Well, off-topic i guess.
But they are planning to completely kill the economy soon, watch what the improved archeum drop rates will cause.
Can tell you, it won't be good.

Sadly they don't think things well-trough before implementing them.

JerryBoyle
03-20-2015, 09:58 AM
I must have missed something, been skimming the thread...but how does that player have over 20k in credits?
I imagine it's an archeum founder account who did not use all the credits from the package, the current rewards program gave him more credits. I wouldn't imagine there's many of these.

Marth671
03-20-2015, 10:00 AM
http://rs1img.memecdn.com/♥♥♥♥-you-dolphin_fb_410643.jpg
Tbh I don't see the big deal. Only the whales got the 100$ pack (SS to prove me wrong). Also do 10 man to get a better dolphin. The only people I feel sorry for are the ones that spent lots of money and didn't get one.

Niteangelg
they really screw up this time i got nothing i don't see a possible solution... considering all of the above comments there's really not much they can do... well i guess this is goodbye...

matts2192
im tired of waiting. can I plz have my free stuff so I can decide if im still mad or not.

UnhappyCustomer
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
They will give the solution in their stupid stream so they maybe reach a decent amount of viewers for once...
Another low blow really, stream times blow.

feeder
03-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Luckily it costs Trion nothing to give out some virtual items.... Simply click-click-click viola, just like you did for the early morning whiners and your carefully planned out "Get the Whales Back" email program. Or no?

So what's worse?
Trion makes it right and provides gifts to those that actually deserve them, like PAYING CUSTOMERS, not the inactive-quitters. Results in a slightly screwed up economy, where PAYING CUSTOMERS are given a fun new mount and goodies to enjoy as a reward for being LOYAL ACTIVE PAYING COSTUMER. 90% of players are happy! Yay AA is fun!
Or
Trion is greedy and shafts us on our compensation to protect their 'expected income'. Resulting in empty servers with a none existent economy. And a whole bunch of extremely pissed off former-players running around spewing rotten (but true) news about AA to any potential customers. 5% players are happy (selfish whales), cause they get to remain uber cool with rare ♥♥♥♥ no one else can afford to get.

The first scenario Trion loses 'expected income', but really loses very little actual income. In fact if they pull it off right, they may actually Win-Back some players and increase their income.
The second scenario, and sadly imo is the more likely to happen, will end in near total lose of income as the population spirals down to zero.

Fix it!!!!

matts2192
03-20-2015, 10:05 AM
they need to resolve this prior to stream, otherwise never show their faces again. you cant go stream while this problem persist. I assume they are packing up their offices and updating their resumes ATM

Twinkledust
03-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Of course im mad!, i have never left this game. I also pay for patron with real money, and i have spent a fortune in the marketplace. Yes rng was with me when i recieved a dolphin so what lame ♥♥♥ gift can i possibly receive? pretty much everything in this game is player bound. Guess if i stop swiping and pay with patron with gold i earn in game is my only recourse, this way trion loses.

Wegotgoat
03-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Okay I am not about to read 50+ pages of responses.

I totally understand why people are upset, I'm annoyed as well. I've seen people laughing at those of us whom actually bought the boxes for the damn mount and still haven't received it while they got it for free for quitting.

I am officially done supporting the market place. I pay for patron with real money and I used the market place for fun stuff. You know what, nope not happening anymore. It really drives me bonkers when people are handed stuff for doing absolutely nothing. Zero, zilch, nada. I see this everyday on facebook already regarding real life stuff. I was honestly hoping that the return box wouldn't actually be implemented and instead maybe a week of free patron status would be given out. I don't care about that at all. What I do care about is loyal paying customers having to pay money for a slim chance at an item while people whom no longer play are given the item for free with no work on their part except for clicking a button. Good job spitting in our eyes.

Sparklebits
03-20-2015, 03:18 PM
im tired of waiting. can I plz have my free stuff so I can decide if im still mad or not.

Yep... One of my friends got it today.. was SO pissed.. I want the Dolphin and the glider stuff PLUS more.. I helped found this game... i came back for the EXPAC.. wheres me *heres stuff please come back we love you* coupon at AA?

Sedu
03-20-2015, 03:19 PM
So, what are your opinions about the solution regarding this matter they just announced on the live on Twitch?
How satisfied you feel as a compensation?

Wegotgoat
03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
If I'm honest, I'm most frustrated with the idea that people went on live chat, complained and were given a package of items to compensate just them. This is practically a bigger oversight than the original mess.

I understand the viewpoint of giving ex subscribers items, as if they dont come back it's no loss to you, and if they do come back you get money they would never have sent your way in the form of a sub and potentially further purchases. As you say in your opening post, this is nothing new in MMO's. However, to then give existing subscribers similar packages just because they told you they were unhappy about the situation, is wrong.

I feel that I am going to haev to go onto live chat now and request the same package to keep in line with those who got this treatment, and as I am late to the party will likely get nothing.

so...

You are going to have to remove whatever items the live chat mods gave to people, which I don't think you even have that capability to do if I'm honest, as I have doubts you can track all of the items that will have been sold.

Not to mention some people actually WORK during the day and can't even get into the live chat......so those whom were doing normal adult stuff during it are screwed.

DancingShade
03-20-2015, 03:21 PM
So, what are your opinions about the solution regarding this matter they just announced on the live stream?

If its not equal to or greater than the "welcome back" pack with the dolphin and lucky points, its going to be highly insulting to any and all paying customers.

Wegotgoat
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
If its not equal to or greater than the "welcome back" pack with the dolphin and lucky points, its going to be highly insulting to any and all paying customers.

I completely agree 1000000%

Bunnyleptic
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Give people an option to choose what they want (from those items that were in RNG boxes in the past) so people who already have said item, don't get screwed.

Let us choose from: Mirage Bjorn, Cyanfin, Carrot Dash, etc.

Please reconsider this.

Vendui
03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Well, we at least get a dolphin.. not sure what else - For those who have SPENT money to trion

Those who did not spend money, get something else..

imnotyoda
I'm not sure what to feel about #dolphingate anymore.

Silvershadow
You saved yourself today, Trion. Good decision :)

Kirah

It's not equal nor greater, I'd say 1/5 of what you see on the screenshot:

(yes, the dolphin is included)

TheSnowedOne
03-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Giving a way a package that is currently being sold for over $100 is pretty over the top. Some of us who actually had to pay for that are feeling more then just offended.
That's the thing that got me. I bought that exact pack that these people are getting free for a bit of complaining. As both a patron AND one of the people who bought the ARCHEUM SECRETS PACK you can understand why I would be consequently rather peeved that others were got this out spending a single dollar.

Envy
03-20-2015, 03:30 PM
We don't get the costume, credits, patron time, and quite a few other things. So awesome...

DancingShade
03-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Got a ten minute mute during the livestream for bringing it up. No I didn't swear or anything.

Thanks Trion, its good to know how much you value my wallet.

Kirah
03-20-2015, 03:31 PM
We don't get the costume, credits, patron time, and quite a few other things. So awesome...

And they said nothing about people that got all that stuff from live chat.

Mierta
03-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Got a ten minute mute during the livestream for bringing it up. No I didn't swear or anything.

Thanks Trion, its good to know how much you value my wallet.

^ That. It's such a pitty that this game is so promising with such an awful management.

TheSnowedOne
03-20-2015, 03:33 PM
So, what are your opinions about the solution regarding this matter they just announced on the live on Twitch?
How satisfied you feel as a compensation?

What did they announce on Twitch? Unfortunately I missed it.

Calliope
03-20-2015, 03:34 PM

Me too... Anyone have what they announced?

JoJoFoxx
So I had to work, did they mention anything for the patrons that have not received anything yet?

Gothix
What about people who got a pack on live chat?
They get another one now alongside everyone else ?

Or will Trion keep track who they gave the live chat pack already, and not give them another one?

Ironknave
So do the people that got free stuff yesterday get this new package and if so how do you feel that is fair to those of us that didn't?

Wegotgoat
03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
What about people who got a pack on live chat?
They get another one now alongside everyone else ?

Or will Trion keep track who they gave the live chat pack already, and not give them another one?

That is what I was wondering as well.

Discoteka
03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Since it's not equal, I'm a bit peeved.

XiCynx
03-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Anyone wondering about what was said on livestream about the large community give-a-way. There will be an announcement made on the forums today sometime. Keep an eye out.

Nirvii
03-20-2015, 03:39 PM
WHAT ABOUT EBONGLEM COSTUME? SECRET PACK? that you had given away too?!?!?!?

Chari
03-20-2015, 03:41 PM
i want to know how another fiasco like this is going to be prevented in the future

Me too... Anyone have what they announced?

They are posting about it soon they said

Peach
03-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Should have expected it not to be equal at all.

Rade
03-20-2015, 03:42 PM
I love how we're still getting screwed out of stuff... it's small stuff but it'd help... the golden tear drop chest, the ebongleam costume, the post owl...

SlayersKnight
03-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Since it's not equal, I'm a bit peeved.

I just watched the live stream and I am content with the package they are giving to me, as well as anyone else who has ever spent money on the game. I think they are doing a pretty good job at remedying the situation, Its pretty obvious they realize they made a bad move, and I see little to be angry about after people get their stuff.

Sparklebits
03-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I just wanna know... when do I get it and HOW.. I'm waiting... and I paid for premium a few time and paid for a couple of packs.

TeaIce
03-20-2015, 04:24 PM
All,

Id like to be transparent about whats happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what were doing for our active ArcheAge community.

Its our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. Weve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. Im sure youve seen other companies do this before as its a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what weve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldnt be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that theyre largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. Weve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. Its important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

ALL OF THIS Khrolan to everyone ......

Miguel_Ptm
03-20-2015, 04:26 PM
I just wanna know what i am here?? And what i get? I paid credits with real money and bought patron pass with credits.

Scapes
03-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Details on our ArcheAge Community Appreciation Giveaway are now available:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?173025-ArcheAge-Community-Appreciation-Giveaway

Miguel_Ptm
03-20-2015, 04:29 PM
And me Scapes? What i get!?

Fredrika
03-20-2015, 05:13 PM
presents for paying inactive accounts? or nonpaying quitters getting huge gift packages?

QUESTION:

Are the huge presents package for paying inactive accounts? Or are nonpaying quitters getting huge gift packages?

'Consistently paying loyal customers' should be shown far more appreciation than either of the above classes if you're out to actually make money like a real business.

Its completely backwards if you're out to keep those loyal paying customers.

Minispooner
03-20-2015, 05:24 PM
You should be incentivizing people to become patron by giving them the best gift package. Don't incentivize people to quit by giving the quitters a better package than patrons. You can only fix it by giving patrons at least as much as the quitters; but you should give more to your patrons to keep your paying customers happy and handing over their cash.

I said it very simply. I hope the message is clear.

Tansien
03-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Details on our ArcheAge Community Appreciation Giveaway are now available:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?173025-ArcheAge-Community-Appreciation-Giveaway

Still way less than what people who quit the game got.

Snarly
03-20-2015, 05:44 PM
I have been a loyal subscriber since release and all I want is a Pegasus mount!!!! Pretty pretty pleeeease!!!

Vendui
03-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Still way less than what people who quit the game got.

Not true. There were two images floating around. One was photoshopped to include the Gold chest contents. This was NOT part of the program. However people DID receive these items through CS.

Viria15
03-20-2015, 05:54 PM
can't claim it....won't keep it signed in and couldn't post on forums until now

do we get the reward tokens if the archeum chests we used were in the archeum pack?

Vendui
03-20-2015, 06:28 PM
can't claim it....won't keep it signed in and couldn't post on forums until now

do we get the reward tokens if the archeum chests we used were in the archeum pack?

not sure on the archeum pack question

for Glyph, the trafick is still considerably high.. Id wait an hour at least to try again.

Reyna
03-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Umm it says ive already bought it? like what? can you explain that please and maybe fix it

Drgreen89
03-20-2015, 06:39 PM
give me more crysss!!!!!!

Yaminn
03-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Are you insane? How would you feel that right after you paid your rent for your apartment your Manager gives 2 free months to the guy who was moving out next door?

I wouldn't be upset because stuff like this happens all the time in the world. If the manager said I'll give you 2 free months if you'll sign a year long lease how could I possibly be mad at him for doing that? He's just doing his job and trying to retain a customer. If he just straight up gave the guy 2 free months I still wouldn't be mad because I don't expect that the world is fair and if anyone anywhere gets anything that I'm entitled to that as well.

JoJoFoxx
03-20-2015, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't be upset because stuff like this happens all the time in the world. If the manager said I'll give you 2 free months if you'll sign a year long lease how could I possibly be mad at him for doing that? He's just doing his job and trying to retain a customer. If he just straight up gave the guy 2 free months I still wouldn't be mad because I don't expect that the world is fair and if anyone anywhere gets anything that I'm entitled to that as well.

There is a big difference between incentive and giving away a product that was advertised as a cash stop RNG only item.
Had they given incentive for old players to come back, thats fine. But giving away a product that you tell others cannot be obtained in any other means is literally illegal. The only reason its tolerated here, is because getting anything past "support" would take nothing less of a nuke.
THIS COMPANY DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PHONE LINE FOR ITS PAYING CUSTOMERS REACH THEM AT. I guess i missed the "service" part of the service i pay for.

ImBusy
03-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Why did I have the NON-ACTIVE ACCOUNT when im online most of the day everyday since the launch of ARCHEAGE. pls check my account.

It makes me so sad with all the effort I did all I get is a non active :(
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/dinofabie/ScreenShot0380.jpg (http://s109.photobucket.com/user/dinofabie/media/ScreenShot0380.jpg.html)

Icant believe im a AA_2015_RETURNING_GIFT

ImBusy
03-21-2015, 02:39 AM
ADMIN pls Fix this I should be in the active player, why did I become a returning player? Scapes is this really it? I wont be getting my dolphin?

Choisy
03-21-2015, 02:45 AM
If u payed real money at some point in the past, u get the max gift, if u payed patron with apex u got from AH with gold: u dont.

Vallkyriel
03-21-2015, 06:22 AM
You gave a very mediocre package who is Patron with apex, if it were not for you guys in the Trion not earn half of what they earn, I am very sad to see how you guys devalue players who are patron with apex, please be fairer and at least include the dolphin in the package of Patron with Apex !!

balderdash
03-21-2015, 07:16 AM
You gave a very mediocre package who is Patron with apex, if it were not for you guys in the Trion not earn half of what they earn, I am very sad to see how you guys devalue players who are patron with apex, please be fairer and at least include the dolphin in the package of Patron with Apex !!

you guys didnt spend real money.. while the rest of us did. You are on welfare ergo you get meal stubs. We actual tax payers get the buffet lunch table. What do you expect? take the food that's reserved for the children and give it to the dogs?

If you want to support the game, pay with real money because at the end of the day fiat currency always trumps in game gold

Vendui
03-21-2015, 09:54 AM
ADMIN pls Fix this I should be in the active player, why did I become a returning player? Scapes is this really it? I wont be getting my dolphin?

Its not that you were active or not active.. its if you payed, with real money, or not.

vhalkyrie
03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
The whole issue with the dolphin belies a big problem with the way Trion has treated this item. It's a desirable item that they decided to reserve for gambling boxes for them to give out as prizes or bribes. This is a departure from the KR servers where they are LOYALTY items. The SoDL dungeon drops them 100% on KR/RU. If it's a loyalty item, it's a possible carrot to dangle in front of people to subscribe. If a dolphin is worth 90 days of loyalty points, then they have a potential player/subscriber for 90 days. The gambling boxes will eventually go away, and then what? People can only get it from doing the RNG dungeon? That's not an incentive - it's a deterrent. It's hardly a game breaking p2w item, so their decision to make it some kind of rare, niche item is not understanding how to market, which is symptomatic as a whole to why they are bleeding subscribers to begin with.

Personally, I spent $50 on the RNG boxes attempting to get a dolphin. Some people in my guild got it on their first or third boxes, others spent hundreds (thousands?) and did not get it. Trion is not disclosing the odds of winning (if this was a lottery ticket, it would be illegal), but I've observed enough to believe the odds of getting these rare items is probably the same as a Thunderstruck. Probably 1 in 1000. That's absurdly high. Fortunately, I am not someone with a gambling addiction, so I can walk away from the table.

I will never again buy any of these RNG boxes. All of the rare items should be available to purchase outright. This is how it works in other F2P games I've played with gambling boxes. If the dolphin had been obtainable to people who wanted it, the giveaway debacle would have still been questionable and serious, but the outrage was due to the inaccessibility to currently paying customers while given away freely to others.

Yeojin
03-22-2015, 03:40 AM
I've been playing from launch day , and I've been a patron ever since it's us who deserve such gifts not the crybies who left the game , way to go Trion.

Hate to break it to you but the ones who left aren't the ones who are crying ... /mirror

And just to add insult to injury, the free gifts aren't going to make me resub as they don't fix what was broken that made me leave in the first place.

None of it is much use to me as my characters are not high enough to make use of the "rewards".

If they had fixed what was broken & maybe given some patron time ... who knows, I may have come back. As it is, nearly all of the "rewards" are completely irrelevant/unusable.

Regards
Ex-Archeum Founders Pack purchaser

Oh, and lastly, I love all the little cute names being thrown around by some that have remained "loyal" (wondering if Trion knows what the means) subscribers: "quitters", "crybabies" LOL
1/ We (at least I) didn't cry to Trion to give us free stuff to return
2/ We (certainly I) left for a reason - a mix of trolls, spammers, hackers, bad management, etc (I'm sorry if it's taken you this long to realize that something is wrong, especially after paying, in some cases - loads, of real $'s)

sifu437
03-22-2015, 06:31 AM
now i have two dolphin.... so my credits i used to get the dolphin was for nothing?? this is some bs... and wtf is up with other people who is getting more items than the rest of us?? i send over $500 on credits for RNG boxes and items from the market place... I bought the founders pack and also the large secret package...

JerryBoyle
03-22-2015, 08:38 AM
now i have two dolphin.... so my credits i used to get the dolphin was for nothing?? this is some bs... and wtf is up with other people who is getting more items than the rest of us?? i send over $500 on credits for RNG boxes and items from the market place... I bought the founders pack and also the large secret package...
We get tokens per rng box when 1.7A launches that we can use on old rng boxes. The npc for this will be in mirage island.

Grae
03-22-2015, 03:15 PM
I've been playing as patron til January.. and decided to not renew my sub since AA was kinda slow and short on people those months..
so ATM I'm playing as a free user..

If we go by your post, then I will be receiving the Active-Non Paying reward.. which is way less than the rewards those who quit the game entirely are getting.

err.. thenI should have just quit the game before too and not stay as free user lol

Grae
03-22-2015, 03:16 PM
I've been playing as patron til January.. and decided to not renew my sub since AA was kinda slow and short on people those months..

If we go by your post, then I will be receiving the Active-Non Paying reward.. which is way less than the rewards those who quit the game entirely are getting.

err.. thenI should have just quit the game before too and not stay as free user lol

Kaios
03-23-2015, 06:18 AM

To receive the "Paying" gift you need to only have paid real money at least once.

The only other requirement for you would be the "*To be considered active, an account must have logged in at least once in the last 30 days prior to 11:59 PM GMT (4:59 PM PDT) on 3/19/2015."

If you do not meet that requirement, then you at least have a very minor reason to complain.

Warlockk
03-23-2015, 06:41 AM
I receive an email thanking for my purchase, but when it comes to rewards, I'm threated as a regular F2P player? This is completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/ipv7EPP.png

MonolithD
03-23-2015, 07:47 AM
I receive an email thanking for my purchase, but when it comes to rewards, I'm threated as a regular F2P player? This is completely unfair.

you gonna post this everywhere?

jahlon
03-23-2015, 07:58 AM

Reading for you is hard isnt it?

drmambo1999
03-26-2015, 12:58 AM
After reading this I know I am qualified for a dolphin as well, which I did not receive. I know I logged in a few times before the 19th within the month to check on thunderstruck prices and I have paid in the past. I am kinda peeved that I didn't receive a dolphin then. I sent a ticket and will be opening open chat tomorrow ASAP.

Kloud
03-28-2015, 04:57 AM
The whole issue with the dolphin belies a big problem with the way Trion has treated this item. It's a desirable item that they decided to reserve for gambling boxes for them to give out as prizes or bribes. This is a departure from the KR servers where they are LOYALTY items. The SoDL dungeon drops them 100% on KR/RU. If it's a loyalty item, it's a possible carrot to dangle in front of people to subscribe. If a dolphin is worth 90 days of loyalty points, then they have a potential player/subscriber for 90 days. The gambling boxes will eventually go away, and then what? People can only get it from doing the RNG dungeon? That's not an incentive - it's a deterrent. It's hardly a game breaking p2w item, so their decision to make it some kind of rare, niche item is not understanding how to market, which is symptomatic as a whole to why they are bleeding subscribers to begin with.

Personally, I spent $50 on the RNG boxes attempting to get a dolphin. Some people in my guild got it on their first or third boxes, others spent hundreds (thousands?) and did not get it. Trion is not disclosing the odds of winning (if this was a lottery ticket, it would be illegal), but I've observed enough to believe the odds of getting these rare items is probably the same as a Thunderstruck. Probably 1 in 1000. That's absurdly high. Fortunately, I am not someone with a gambling addiction, so I can walk away from the table.

I will never again buy any of these RNG boxes. All of the rare items should be available to purchase outright. This is how it works in other F2P games I've played with gambling boxes. If the dolphin had been obtainable to people who wanted it, the giveaway debacle would have still been questionable and serious, but the outrage was due to the inaccessibility to currently paying customers while given away freely to others.

A sub is $20. They can make a trillion times what even 1million subs would give. With selling cash shop money. Why do you think every mmo goes free to play. It is a sales gimmick a sucker to draw you in to spend $$$$$$ on the game. When you are limited by being free or when the paying people get ahead and free are left in the dust! F2P is money maker! Old models are money loser!