PDA

View Full Version : About Our Recent Win-Back Program

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Khrolan
03-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Details on our ArcheAge Community Appreciation Giveaway are now available:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?173025-ArcheAge-Community-Appreciation-Giveaway

All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

Baddiez
03-19-2015, 01:05 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/6ffcd6ecc172f4cf6bcab55a5218efcf/tumblr_n4yxmfoQN01rbnx7io1_500.gif
I'll just stop you right there and say this..

Did you really not think people would be mad...I MEAN REALLY. LOL. You are giving an item away for free that is still in your cash shop RNG box that i'm sure others are still trying to get the "hard' way with some other goodies sprinkled in there.

Edit: Thanks for the CM response though. At least now people can direct their rage to one thread XD and GL with internal discussions.

Sheepycakes
03-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Unless the "giveaway" includes the dolphin and all the other game-economy breaking items, I'm pretty sure you've just lost most of your playerbase.

Morpayne
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
So... Youre saying the stuff live support handed out will be recalled and you'll prepare a seperate package for active subs? That's what I got from that.

Ascian
03-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Agreed. You already gave the pack to existing patrons. Either remove it from their accounts or give the SAME pack to all of us TODAY.

Darkgutss
Such a lackluster response..I mean, we all figured as much.

Rokkqu
Khrolan, Lucky sunpoint/moonpoint/starpoint are -hardly- cosmetic items. You're also giving away basically 500 loyalty points. I'm sure you know that a royal's disguise can be used to place the ebongleam dynasty robe (which was 300 loyalty wasn't it?) and sold. You basically give inactive players between 2-3k gold for free, while doing -nothing- for existing players.

youtube Jasonwivart
03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Some packs even got free $99 dollar secrets packs as well.

People this morning got all the same free ♥♥♥♥ just by hoping on the live chat. Either delete all the free dolphins or give everyone a free dolphin and those that already have a dolphin should get the $99 dollar packs.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172703-You-do-this-to-ALL-active-recurring-patrons-or-I-am-done. 24 items from a GM on live support just for complaining a little WTF? Delete that ♥♥♥♥ from that player or give it to everyone

Maximilious
http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

http://i.imgur.com/HPjIaLu.png

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Expect same care package on my mail by friday.

http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

jdjdjd
All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

Giving a way a package that is currently being sold for over $100 is pretty over the top. Some of us who actually had to pay for that are feeling more then just offended.

Empyreus
Unless the "giveaway" includes the dolphin and all the other game-economy breaking items, I'm pretty sure you've just lost most of your playerbase.

I wouldnt say most of the stuff they gave away is gamebreaking as most of it is BoP.

However if the gold packages were indeed given out thats another story all together. But still hardly economy breaking

But i knotice Khrolan didn't exactly say WHAT was given out and to whom... interesting.

Browncoats
Whatever the case, I expect the same "Win-Back" offer now or you have lost me and plenty of others for good period. If this was a one time goof, sometimes things can be forgiven but every month since launch the community is screwed and pissed off. I'm guessing nobody is going to get anything of real value out of this in the end.

youtube Jasonwivart
http://i.imgur.com/tuyLAOW.png

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Agree everyone should get this or it should be deleted and no one should get it.

Kazuki
Why oh why could you not have posted this HOURS ago.

Hachiman
03-19-2015, 01:11 PM

Even with the giveaway, Trion again showed their true face. Same happened with the founder's packs, now this.
Not that there is that much playerbase to lose anymore.

Browncoats
Screw rolling back or taking it away, it's not good enough at this point, not even close.

GIVE EVERYONE THE AMAZING WIN BACK PACK PERIOD.

Kirah
The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

-Khro

So basically, the people that got the gift already (either by mail or contacting the cs early) will keep their stuff, while the others will get a lower value gift.
Sorry, but this is not acceptable.

John Small
03-19-2015, 01:12 PM
No apology, no new information, no respect, no resub. Time to experience archeage as it was meant to be played: free to play!

Kazuki
Khrolan, Lucky sunpoint/moonpoint/starpoint are -hardly- cosmetic items. You're also giving away basically 500 loyalty points. I'm sure you know that a royal's disguise can be used to place the ebongleam dynasty robe (which was 300 loyalty wasn't it?) and sold. You basically give inactive players between 2-3k gold for free, while doing -nothing- for existing players.

It was worth more then that, the ebongleam was one of the two box drops, so more like 7-8k just for it before this thing.

Browncoats
Agree everyone should get this

This is the -ONLY- acceptable resolution.

Cretin
03-19-2015, 01:13 PM
An Apology doesn't fix all the thing that were just pumped into the economy. Nor does it fix any bridges that you burned when you said that those who stopped playing were loyal. When you have lots of people paying for things that you have completely given away. You need to figure out a way to give something back to your ACTUAL loyal community. This has made me lose alot of faith in a game that I have backed for MONTHS. I hope you actually do something about this and give back to your loyal customers.

It's also no use saying other companies have done this.. but they were SMART about it they gave ingame time with Trial accounts not ingame items that people many have put HUNDREDS into. The Dolphin comes from RNG boxes and people have put LOTS of money into those because they aren't a guaranteed Dolphin then you straight up give them away. It feels like your marketing team has no clue how the game works and have no clue how money works, It's as if you are run by children and those children are trying to make a rock bleed money.

The only way to fix this is to give away something new and worth the same amount. Maybe the Pegasus. Sacrifice something that would make you money and give it to everyone. to fix a mistake that YOU as a company made

Merax
03-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks Khro, I'll take the gifts that were offered to people returning and those who were able to contact live support before it was shutdown. That's the $99 pack and the dolphin mount. Otherwise you can kiss my recurring patron goodbye.

LightlySalted
No amount of divine gifts in the world will ever make up for this, so don't even try it. A lot of people spent hundreds of dollars trying to get that dolphin from terrible RNG boxes, and you give it to inactive people who don't care about your game for free? Are you serious?

Hachiman
No apology, no new information, no respect, no resub. Time to experience archeage as it was meant to be played: free to play!

Just spend ~30min mining on either NA/EU - depending on what your main server is, turn the raw stone into stone bricks, sell them-> profit.
Easy Apex and credits for 0 real money.

Empyreus
03-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Some packs even got free $99 dollar secrets packs as well.

People this morning got all the same free ♥♥♥♥ just by hoping on the live chat. Either delete all the free dolphins or give everyone a free dolphin and those that already have a dolphin should get the $99 dollar packs.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172703-You-do-this-to-ALL-active-recurring-patrons-or-I-am-done. 24 items from a GM on live support just for complaining a little WTF? Delete that ♥♥♥♥ from that player or give it to everyone

I do agree with Jasonwivart here on this statement.

If people were getting these TOO good items then EVERYONE who is currently a patrons hould receive the same or credit/loyalty equivalent

Arahgon
Treating customers fairly ? Are you ♥♥♥♥ing kidding us ?!?
First the US Players got entirely different things than the EU Players
Second what the ♥♥♥♥ did you think to include the rarest stuff thats still in your rng boxes ?!?
And third , what about the stuff the Support handed out to the ppl who contacted the Support early this morning ?

Ocenica
That's like someone holding a raffle and then giving the prize to everyone that didn't buy a ticket. Who thought this up?

moowi
03-19-2015, 01:16 PM
This response just isn't good enough.

Sparklebits
This is the -ONLY- acceptable resolution.

I agree 100% there is NO other way. You ♥♥♥♥ed up, deal with it and give the people what they want.

Spiri2al
X Spends $300 Gets no dolphin

Y Returns to game, Gets dolphin for free

WOT? I shoulda quit months ago and then returned

Carlton
I just want RNGesus' blessing in the form of successful regrades :) Maybe discuss with XL? Ty Khrolan :)

Yed
03-19-2015, 01:17 PM
What will be done about the players who received their package by contacting Live Support? Will they get to keep the package + whatever comes next as per "we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players" ? These players got quite some stuff... GMs handing them out like candy in Live Support made it only worse for the rest..

The only thing you can really do is give everyone the exact same thing as the rest. Which is this. http://i.imgur.com/0RS56ZA.png

You ♥♥♥♥ed up big time.

Yukimaru1991
I would like to have the package with the dolphin ...

Otherwise I cancel my patron! And again you lose a player more!

Alizol
So, this is what I don't get...

1) You through someone under the bus. You literally just said that the people who are doing the promotion are the only ones at fault. You are saying that it is all these peoples fault and you are not taking responsibility yourself.

2) People who gotten the promotion are benefiting greatly. People who already have patron, got the promotion by your GM's this morning. They are now reaping the benefits of this.

3) There wasn't even any sort of global apology for this screw up. There was no "Hey look, my bad guys, kinda messed up on this one." It was just one "Hey I had nothing to do with this.. But that guy Bob in accounting, he totally is at fault." There was no remorse, just "Stay tuned to see what happens next week on Jersey Shore."

4) If you do fix this, anything short of what other people got will just cause an even MORE outrage because it's like "Hey so, we know we gave other people Dolphin Mounts even though they didnt work at all to get it, or even earn them. Know we gave them passes and butt load of potions, but I mean, at least we are giving you this amazing whistle!!! Look.. the Whistle can even make noises.."

5) #Dolphingate is trending right now I believe and pretty soon, it's going to be put on all major MMO websites and articles are going to be made about it. All because of, wait for it, "Bob in Accounting".

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e5/e55cd912e5c1ca505f58f77a188f86a3070a788a7f8be7bae2 c369eda51f577f.jpg

Cracker
I have been on the fence about closing my subs and returning to Aion. This might just do the trick.

Eshva
03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
No amount of divine gifts in the world will ever make up for this, so don't even try it. A lot of people spent hundreds of dollars trying to get that dolphin from terrible RNG boxes, and you give it to inactive people who don't care about your game for free? Are you serious?

^^ This RNG boxes should just vanish in my honest opinion for this very reason.

fuq
03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
$150-$200 dollars were spent to get me my glider skin. Giving it away for free is just lame.

Aserghui
03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Khrolan, thank you for your response... HOWEVER, all online games (that I have played) don't give out the newest and coolest loot to entice old players to come back to the game. They give credit or game time, NOTHING THAT CURRENT PLAYERS ARE TRYING TO GET. You are suppose to dangle the carrot not open the gate to the vegetable patch to players who gave up on your mismanaged shenanigans. Holy crap the monkeys you got running the game must throw alot of crap against the walls to get something like this to stick.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8464957184/h38C0B7D7/

Ilyanna
03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Dear Krohlan et al,

When you decide to reward your Patron players that have stuck with you since the beginning, I hope you think real hard about how to make this fair for those that have been here the whole time and PAID A RECURRING FEE to your company to put up with what is essentially still a beta.

Not all Patron accounts are created equally.

Not all players are payers.

Take care of your bread and butter.

Thnkling
I can understand wanting to "win" players back. I can also understand why you chose the items you chose to give away. But as you know now, it's overboard to give them that much. I think giving people free patron time is a great way to win people back, but including things that it's almost impossible for most people to get is the wrong route. As a resolution, patrons should get the same or even more for sticking it out with you.

Olecranon
Scapes...you sorta have to give all patrons dolphin mounts now...if you dont you lose credability in front of the entire mmo world, and if you do, you prove that yes AA is a sound and generous investment...this MISTAKE YOU GUYS MADE can be corrected into an opportunity..it would be a legendary motion to just gift this mount to all currently subscribed players...you cant see we dont deserve a bone...ive been here since headstart...with two accounts and purchased several apex...dont treat me this way..

humility and generosity are your allies here...acting like this is just a cutesy mishap will alienate all the people you guys just ripped off (yes...we pay for the packs you just randomly gave away...)

Ashrahm
03-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Given the Fact I have unresolved issues open with this company and now this gets dropped I have no faith in Trion at all.

You couldn't/ wouldn't reimburse my guild for the supplies lost when you allowed a house to Demo after you "fixed" it

I still haven't got 1 item that I was looking to get yesterday from the shop when it was not sent to me after the purchase.

And when I asked for some logs after a chest was looted I was brushed off...

If you have enough time to hand out free goods how about fixing the issues already open????

Espiritu
03-19-2015, 01:23 PM
All,
Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality.

-Khro

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha... if you only count the things that aren't broken, you're entire game is cosmetics.

Finaltidus
03-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous.
Well at least you understand that, but I really don't know how no one questioned this before you did it.

EVO
03-19-2015, 01:24 PM
The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.
-Khro

Classic trino in action, and i thought Khrolan was doing a good job since he took command, gg friend gg

Now don't let us down and fix this by seeding the package to all LOYAL PATRON SUBS ffs, ty :D

Peter
Between my two accounts I've spent thousands on this game and received nothing. People who canceled their subscription, bad mouthed your game, and contacted their bank for refunds not kept their account but also are being given over $100 in free stuff. This might be the last straw for me.

You want to get players back? You give them a month of patrons, not something that is still available by RNG on the cash shop. You screwed up this time, and have proven you don't give one ♥♥♥♥ about my business.

kyridika
Unless your Patron Pack include all those items you gave to non-patrons, you'll lose all your actual players..
GG Trino

Myrgatroid
03-19-2015, 01:25 PM
All,

-Khro

I'd REALLY like to know why my inactive accounts received nothing if this is the case. As the first or second post stated, unless your giveaway package matches what others have already received (via the e-mail and through live support), then I am fairly certain you are going to be losing more of the players than you are going to gain.

Sheepycakes
This was a canned non-apology response that doesn't answer any of our ACTUAL questions. We already knew that someone messed up. We already knew that this was probably not a decision made by the entire company.

What we DON'T know is how you're going to handle this after multiple GMs gave away these packs to ACTIVE PLAYERS. If only the inactive people had received the pack, we'd be far less angry, but since a handful of active, already-playing, already-paying people now have them, you either need to delete all the dolphins you gave away or give one to everyone. Simple. As. That.

Devoire
All,

-Khro

Thank you for being upfront and diligent in your response. Personally I commend your efforts to push this game in the right direction, most people can really only guess as to what it is like to work on projects like this. Do not be discouraged by the salt found on these forums as people have a tendency to be greedy and self serving, it should be expected that anything that is done will be met with a certain degree of disapproval.

Personally I have seen companies persecuted for doing too little, and now you are persecuted for doing too much. I would much rather see the latter.

TheFell
03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Ok so now my friends who have quit the game get 100 eur secret packs, dolphins, lp potions ect, and as loyal customer who buys credits from you and is patron i get nothing..... (have to find logic somewhere for this still...)

And now I get to see patrons who contacted live support earlier have gotten the same packs...

Hachiman
Thank you for being upfront and diligent in your response. Personally I commend your efforts to push this game in the right direction

What direction does this may be? The one to the trashcan?

Alizol
This was a canned non-apology response that doesn't answer any of our ACTUAL questions. We already knew that someone messed up. We already knew that this was probably not a decision made by the entire company.

What we DON'T know is how you're going to handle this after multiple GMs gave away these packs to ACTIVE PLAYERS. If only the inactive people had received the pack, we'd be far less angry, but since a handful of active, already-playing, already-paying people now have them, you either need to delete all the dolphins you gave away or give one to everyone. Simple. As. That.

Did you not read what i said. Bob in Accounting messed up

SirenAmber
All,

-Khro

It would be a lot better if you give an announcement before hand and clarify the requirement to get the win-back gift("account that is inactive more than 30 days/2 months/5 months..etc). Make it clear that the gift is for inactive players only, then i think it might make the active players feel a bit better.

And anyway, for those current players(especially the ones with patron), you are not the ones that lost all lands and missing all new content after a long time quitting. You are there the whole time and you don't really need an extra hand to help you catch up with the new patch.(actually, you are way ahead of the ppl who quit because you didn't miss anything) So yea...you need to pay for it since there is no reason to give it to you for free and let you stay way ahead of those coming back players.

Kaios

Hello,

Attempting to bring back old players is all well and good but don't you think that would initially require fixing the issues that caused them to leave in the first place? You don't feel that it might also be a little more important to take care of those who have remained despite having struggled through the never-ending barrage of bots, hacks, bugs, incompetence, disrespect, poor customer service, terrible grind, false-positive bans, &c&c&c.

ya dun goofed buddy boy

Alara
All,

-Khro

Man.

Just..

Yeah. It's kinda what I expected. This is a bad day for Trion. What a total ♥♥♥♥ up.

But really? Giving $99 packages away for free? Including an item that only comes from RNG boxes and that can take like 500$ or more in boxes if RNGesus poops on you? For free?

That's not even making wrong assumptions about what's acceptable. It's beyond that. It's devaluating your own cashshop items.

Why would I ever, ever pay for what boils down to ... freebies?

It's worse than lack of being in touch with the playerbase. It's actual lack of business sense. Like I said, a bad, bad day for Trion.

Valfreya
03-19-2015, 01:28 PM

And not just the dolphins...the $99 gold pack, the lucky points, the xp potions, the labor potions -- ALL OF IT. Oh but wait, they already regrade their weapon armor and accessory. They already burned the XP potions in the 10 hours it took you to respond. They already consumed the labor potions -- how are you going to do this now?!

Jackcoyle
All,

-Khro

just going to say as iv been here since early alpha and been parton since the start not to mention the hundreds or ££'s iv spent on this, if we dont get the same package or better im done

Qing Hane
This is not Win back Program. This is more like dump everything program. Really who came up with this idea.

Snatch
03-19-2015, 01:29 PM
how to ♥♥♥♥up ur companies income :D

Theonn
you keep spouting things like give the dolphin to everybody, give the 99usd pack to everybody...

and exactly where do that place you with ppl like me that ACTUALLY purchased the pack and ACTUALLY purchased/gambled the Dolphin.

i dont think that one size fits all solution is enought. and your going to be hurting the ppl that bring the most cash home the most with that solution.

Alizol
Thank you for being upfront and diligent in your response. Personally I commend your efforts to push this game in the right direction, most people can really only guess as to what it is like to work on projects like this. Do not be discouraged by the salt found on these forums as people have a tendency to be greedy and self serving, it should be expected that anything that is done will be met with a certain degree of disapproval.

Personally I have seen companies persecuted for doing too little, and now you are persecuted for doing too much. I would much rather see the latter.

... You must of gotten a lot of Gifts from this issue huh? How much you make from all this craziness Dev?

Carlton
OP posted @ 4:02 EST. 18 minutes before 4:20. OP has 6 body paragraphs. 18 divided by 6 is 3. Triangles have 3 sides. Illuminati confirmed.

Honey Lullaby
I'm pretty sure you've just lost most of your playerbase.

Doubt. I'm not thrilled with it either, but I'm not going to quit over it lol. Anyone who quits over this is a crybaby. Crybaby was my more appropriate alternative word for what I was actually thinking. This isn't the first time they've done something that upset people and it won't be the last. Pretty sure the majority of people who still play the game have come to accept it for what it is. Even the people who constantly bash it yet are still playing it lawl. I've never played a game where so many people expected free things. It's quite comical actually. We were debating in TeamSpeak what we would actually want the compensation to be and in reality a group of us didn't want anything. If anything we'd be happy if our cash shop just got caught up to the Korean one a lot quicker. Most of us have some skin of some sort that we just can't wait for them to release in NA.

Silvershadow
WE will see what your decision is, tomorrow.

I'm saying this only once: You got ONE more chance now.

Do NOT screw this up tomorrow. Think VERY carefully about what you are going to do & post.

bigostro
03-19-2015, 01:30 PM

Unless this is exactly what we get im a walking I DONT CARE ANYMORE!. Sick of the disrespect.

Honey Lullaby
03-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Agreed. You already gave the pack to existing patrons. Either remove it from their accounts or give the SAME pack to all of us TODAY.

The value you place on your own demands is hysterical.

Carlton
03-19-2015, 01:31 PM

Do NOT screw this up tomorrow. Think VERY carefully about what you are going to do & post.

Okaaaay mom

Darkgutss

The one you put on your own opinion also is.

Jeanina

this is just unbelievable, if we active paying players dont get the same i promise im done. im sick and tired to pay every month just to deal with all the hot air towards us loyal players since alpha/beta and then inactive non suporting quitters get such a pack for the fun just to get them back untill they see the insane library grind and quit again!
thank you so much Trion, never got a slap in the face by a publisher like this!

p.s.: To make this fair and forgiveable->

Same Gold Pack+
Dolphin+
Sloth+
Pegasus in all Rainbow Colors being sent to our mail boxes every Friday

for all the stupid idiots (us) who stick with the game without quitting once, spending a ♥♥♥♥load of cash for your cash grab boxes, apex and what not!

korathien
03-19-2015, 01:32 PM

I approve this message.

Maraboo
03-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Well, you guys certainly have your work cut out for you.. Best of luck!

One of the things I love about Archeage is the politics and the drama. This appears to happen both in game, and out!

Snatch
03-19-2015, 01:33 PM
JESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TOMORROW ?????????????????? U want more rage all night long untill u come to a solution -_- give everyone a dolphin and a 100 dollar pack like u did to the people who ARENT FAITHFUL damnit !!!!

Maximilious
03-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Remember to link this image on tomorrows livestream, and we ALL get the same one or RIOT.

Honey Lullaby
03-19-2015, 01:36 PM

LMAO. Better get it right Trion. Silvershadow sounds quite menacing.

bigostro
03-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Did Khrolan/Rest of Trion really not expect a backlash from these very generous packages? being given to everyone execpt the people that pay to play the game? Are they that thick?

Singa
03-19-2015, 01:37 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8464957184/h38C0B7D7/

Myssy
You want to win players back but i think you lost now lot more than you won back!

Also a lot of ppl get this pack per Support.....if this isnt gone be fixed then i will quit my subscription too as a lot of other players too.
The player who paid for this game and credits and tried to get things from boxes should get that damn dolphinpack as well! I on my own tried to get the ♥♥♥♥ing dolphin and after a lot of chests i didnt get it. Now trion ♥♥♥♥ing me off that inactive players getting it for free AND other players who were fast enough too. So why should i am not be upset about it?!

Ashrahm
Trion your slogan should just be "Trion we reward the unfaithful"

Honey Lullaby
The one you put on your own opinion also is.

Ooh burn. Whoever would have thought a more mature way of phrasing, "I know you are but what am I?" could sting so much.

Tol
03-19-2015, 01:38 PM
I want a Classic Steamracer costume. That will win my loyalty back!

Delaque
https://youtube/OGp9P6QvMjY

I hope by Giveaway you don't mean only specific people because you have to include everyone not just select people

-Khro

Ghoste
I just bought the ebongleam robes a few weeks ago for 2k gold :(. Now it's going to be worth nothing. That's just a personal loss though. The thing that's going to affect the overall economy is the free gold secret packs. They contain 2500 credits. This will further drop prices on all marketplace items - worker's comps, taxes, even APEX.

Browncoats
Remember to link this image on tomorrows livestream, and we ALL get the same one or RIOT.

Everyone needs to link that and just start posting RIP everywhere. Every thread, every live stream. RIP.

Theonn
ill take a pegasus or a car

Treeon
03-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Glad to hear the update. Giving out free stuff to attract people again is not a bad thing, but I think you underestimate how much of an impact money->gold affects perception. Yes, those items are purely cosmetic but they have had a very recent real dollar value that affected a lot of people trying to get them.

It's like buying something and then noticing a few days later that it went on a massive sale discount. Most stores you go to will refund the difference between amount spent and sale price (unless stated otherwise) if they at all value their customers, but in this case the RNG boxes are probabilistic and harder to refund. If you give away very recent cash shop items after customers have spent a lot of money on them, you are darn right those customers will be upset!

Mordai
We all get those win back program emails periodically. Usually, it's from a desperate company that has pissed off most of it's customer base. Oh, right....

Today, Trion insulted every current patron by marginalizing the importance of active subscription holders. Obviously, money from people that have left is better than from those of us who have stayed.

I have a novel idea for a win back program. How about you fix the hacks, ban the bots, and stop treating your actively paying customers like ♥♥♥♥. A happy customer base would contribute infinitely more toward the success and longevity of this game than this bribe back program.

Browncoats
Ooh burn. Whoever would have thought a more mature way of phrasing, "I know you are but what am I?" could sting so much.

I have to agree I think you got burned for trying to be a troll, nice fail.

Mabiche
03-19-2015, 01:40 PM

"Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated."

Erm, that's putting it midly. 24 items for someone who doesn't play is insane. Sadly, I doubt Patron accounts will see even half of that. Tomorrow should be another good day for the forums.

SirenAmber
03-19-2015, 01:41 PM

It is nice to see someone say that...I think the current patron might put too much value on themselves and ignored some truth...

Yes, you have to pay a ♥♥♥♥ ton to get what those inactive account got for free, but you still have a lot of things that the real owner of that account(i mean the original owner, not the one who handle it right now) can never have, like the chance to be in the first group of lv55 in your server, the chance to attend 1st day diamond shore land grab, the chance to refund your mirage donkey, the chance to make huge amount of gold after new patch by preparing before hand...etc...but I guess most current players would just take that for granted...

Richard Lionheart
03-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Knowing that live support was also rewarding patrons, I will wait till friday to receive mine. However with Scapes response to legitimatize this
All,

It’s our job to continually evaluate .. stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players...
to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back. Plain and simple... drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality.

-Khro

If there is no package for patrons of equal or greater value, I'll be removing my patron for the expectation of gryphon mount package in 6 months. During that time I'll be spending my $$ on other MMOs, I also have alot of land on Naima that I will potentially be selling. If interested please PM me

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 01:43 PM
It is nice to see someone say that...I think the current patron might put too much value on themselves and ignored some truth...

Yes, you have to pay a ♥♥♥♥ ton to get what those inactive account got for free, but you still have a lot of things that the real owner of that account(i mean the original owner, not the one who handle it right now) can never have, like the chance to be in the first group of lv55 in your server, the chance to attend 1st day diamond shore land grab, the chance to refund your mirage donkey, the chance to make huge amount of gold after new patch by preparing before hand...etc...but I guess most current players would just take that for granted...

Yea nobody agrees with you thanks for wasting space.

TechNique
>Releases Diamond Shores to bring back players
>Gives out ridiculously unfair packages to players who quit
>Players show off on forums about their new ♥♥♥♥ but don't actually commit to playing again
>REAL active player base outraged and willing to unsub
>Slow clap for Trino.

Honey Lullaby
I have to agree I think you got burned for trying to be a troll, nice fail.

I'm not trolling LOL. I'm just one of the few people who doesn't think we need to be given free stuff EVERY time they mess up. Like honestly, they have yet to make one mistake without people crying for compensation. I've played a lot of MMO's and most of the time you don't get anything except frustrated when they make a mistake. It's cute though how quickly people are to call someone a troll for not agreeing with the majority. I think the word troll should be used less by people who don't seem to understand it.

WhiteRaven
03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Thank you for addressing the situation.

I, and many of us, certainly understand the goal of bringing paying customers back. It's a business. You clearly already realize that what was given was insanely over the top, and I'm glad to see you're going to compensate those of us who have remained active (and especially paying, some of us in the thousands of dollars) customers.

My only request at this point is that you carefully consider what some few players have received from your GMs as compensation already, if indeed these claims are truthful. If those few were able to "get in early" and complain (legitimately) to obtain such huge benefits, it would be incredibly hurtful if the package you offer to the rest of us who've waited patiently for you to address the situation is of lesser value.

Thanks again,
John

Kazzmae
this is just unbelievable, if we active paying players dont get the same i promise im done. im sick and tired to pay every month just to deal with all the hot air towards us loyal players since alpha/beta and then inactive non suporting quitters get such a pack for the fun just to get them back untill they see the insane library grind and quit again!
thank you so much Trion, never got a slap in the face by a publisher like this!

Seriously!! that's more than the $150 pack that is offered. I pay probably $50-60 bucks a month in Credits plus membership. and People who don't even play get handed with a 2-3k value of items as well as Membership? Let me bend over again so you can Rap me and my fellow LOYAL customers (with what no kiss!?). Because that how you keep this game going. Screw who are loyal and give tons away to those who already left to go to WOW.

Honey Lullaby

Thank you. Like the arrogance and feeling of entitlement that some of these people possess is unreal.

Condemned Chrispy
NO ONE or everyone

ClusterFSCK
03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
NO ONE or everyone!

JerryBoyle
All this rage and no classic nekrage video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBYp7Du2nxg

Calim
Just take away their hard to get RNG items and give them to us.

Blackdayz
03-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Dear Trion / XL Games

this is "unacceptable"

cheers

Stricken
03-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Joshua

I would like a free dolphin and a anypost owl and one of the new gold packs and lucky start point, lucky moonpoint, lucky sunpoint, the starlight glider customization the golden teardrop storage chest, all the experia pens and uh I think that's it?

Chat started

Trion Worlds Automated Message

You have entered queue. An agent will be with you shortly.

Please wait while our agents attend to you. There are currently 31 visitor(s) waiting to be served.

Trion Worlds Automated Message

Thanks for waiting. Our average wait time is less than 60 minutes.

GM Legitos joined the chat

GM Legitos

At the moment, our developers are addressing the concerns over people not retrieving rewards. Expect something soon.

Joshua

Is everyone receiving these?

Lots of people spent tons of money trying to get dolphins so why were they given out for free? That makes no sence?

GM Legitos

They are being addressed by our develop team. May I assist you with anything else today?

Joshua

What have you assisted me with?

Was the develop team unaware people spent hundreds of dollars on dolphins?

GM Legitos

Yes they are aware of everything posting on the forums, and are also looking to compensate our long time players. That is all that we can address you at this moment. Was there another issue you were having?

Joshua

Yea I haven't received my free stuff yet?

GM Legitos

I will put in your request. Then they will address the issue. If you have no other questions, I will be forced to end the chat.

May I assist you with anything else today?

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but I will now be closing this chat due to inactivity. If you still need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to my follow-up email or open a new Live Chat. As always, we thank you for contacting Trion Worlds, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

GM Legitos left the chat

trike
03-19-2015, 01:48 PM
I could care less about the potions and junk given out - but the items that people dump money into to try to get, like the dolphin is just plain crazy. I hope those items - robes + dokphin are just removed from those players and we don't see something that would be incredibly stupider by giving them to *everyone* like several people are asking for.

Merax
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
you keep spouting things like give the dolphin to everybody, give the 99usd pack to everybody...

and exactly where do that place you with ppl like me that ACTUALLY purchased the pack and ACTUALLY purchased/gambled the Dolphin.

i dont think that one size fits all solution is enought. and your going to be hurting the ppl that bring the most cash home the most with that solution.

That's a really good point...I think in the case of people who got the dolphin prior to this giveaway they should be upgrading you guys to the better pink dolphin and giving you the $99 pack.

HuskyBlueFire
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
If I'm honest, I'm most frustrated with the idea that people went on live chat, complained and were given a package of items to compensate just them. This is practically a bigger oversight than the original mess.

I understand the viewpoint of giving ex subscribers items, as if they dont come back it's no loss to you, and if they do come back you get money they would never have sent your way in the form of a sub and potentially further purchases. As you say in your opening post, this is nothing new in MMO's. However, to then give existing subscribers similar packages just because they told you they were unhappy about the situation, is wrong.

I feel that I am going to haev to go onto live chat now and request the same package to keep in line with those who got this treatment, and as I am late to the party will likely get nothing.

so...

You are going to have to remove whatever items the live chat mods gave to people, which I don't think you even have that capability to do if I'm honest, as I have doubts you can track all of the items that will have been sold.

Ophencia
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
All,

(BLAH BLAH MARKETING TALK BLAH)

-Khro

Just give everyone the damn package.....we need those old players back, and we sure as hell need the ones we have.

Darkgutss

Basically you are saying patrons should be grateful they had access to all the things you listed while those who weren't playing didn't? Does that make sense to you? They choose to stop playing for whatever reason...no one forced them and we should be grateful because we kept playing/paying?

RisingPhoenix
No one or everyone

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
That's a really good point...I think in the case of people who got the dolphin prior to this giveaway they should be upgrading you guys to the better pink dolphin and giving you the $99 pack.
Yeah people with cyanfin should be upgraded to fusciafin if everybody is going to end up with the package. Not sure what to do with people with the starlit and dynasty robe. So I don't see everybody getting this package, just too many conflicts.

Undrsiege
#minorleagues

Forgiving
This is definitely unacceptable.

Hi, screw you for being a patron and playing in alpha. Keep giving us money for nothing!

Hi, since you quit have this free stuff! we love you come back!

Gragor
03-19-2015, 01:53 PM
All,

-Khro

I see very little in the responses to your post that is constructive, so I'd like to offer a constructive comment that you can take into your discussion about what to do about this situation now and in the future.

Instead of taking the stance of enticing former players back with a reward, how about a reward to the current customers and an email to former customers and current customers who aren't subbed to say that if resub within so much time they will be able to partake in whatever it was. You keep your existing subscribers happy and you entice others to sub.

About the current situation... I'm sorry, but there doesn't seem like there's an easy solution. It's kind of a Pandora's box. Anything less than full distribution to existing patrons is going to infuriate the player base. I'm not saying all will quit, but some will, and the rest will be hostile for some time.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer something constructive...good luck.

Blindmoon
is this the 1st time

the 2nd time

the 3rd time

the 4th time

the 5th time

how many times has it been

how many times someone missed up

every week or 2 weeks we have this

then it just happens again

we have hackers getting their land back

we have a 10% discount disappear

we have head start with out being able to log on because of Q's

we have land hackers for months

we have pay to win

we have our labor cut right before lunch

we have bots , gold seller

god the list goes on and on

and were we go again

Browncoats
I'm not trolling LOL. I'm just one of the few people who doesn't think we need to be given free stuff EVERY time they mess up. Like honestly, they have yet to make one mistake without people crying for compensation. I've played a lot of MMO's and most of the time you don't get anything except frustrated when they make a mistake. It's cute though how quickly people are to call someone a troll for not agreeing with the majority. I think the word troll should be used less by people who don't seem to understand it.

You either haven't been playing this game since Alpha/Beta to watch all the disasters that have happened or you are trolling. This isn't a simple as you make it out to be, it's over 6 months in the making of the playerbase being screwed hardcore.

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 01:55 PM
To be fair people who already have the cyanfin should get the Pegasus. I dont have the cyanfin.

Kirah
03-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Yeah people with cyanfin should be upgraded to fusciafin if everybody is going to end up with the package. Not sure what to do with people with the starlit and dynasty robe. So I don't see everybody getting this package, just too many conflicts.

I play since closed beta and got patron since launch, why should I get less than those who quit the game? Let alone people that have been playing since alpha!

Chari
03-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated.

Thats an understatement. You had more people unsub, then people resub. So its pretty ironic that it was called "a Win Back program"

I'm still waiting for my "Thank you for your Patronage email" (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172507-Quit-a-couple-months-ago-just-got-this-email-and-free-99-dollar-pack-lol&p=1563269#post1563269)

I sure as hell didn't wake up yesterday thinking,.. "Hey Today i'm canceling my 2 patron subs." But your methods to lure people back just drove more people away!

Honey Lullaby
03-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Basically you are saying patrons should be grateful they had access to all the things you listed while those who weren't playing didn't? Does that make sense to you? They choose to stop playing for whatever reason...no one forced them and we should be grateful because we kept playing/paying?

I agree that people who quit the game shouldn't be given anything. Like, let's be real they're probably going to quit again if they did come back. The people who stayed this long are the people who are probably going to keep playing and they should be the first priority. I don't think we even need to be compensated though. I think they should just fix the issue on their end. People don't seem to realize they give us compensation literally every time their toe crosses over a line. People have come to expect it because Trion has been so accommodating in the ways of compensating us, even if it's small compensation, we still get something every time they mess up. Yet, people seem to be forgetting that they aren't required to give us anything. They choose to.

Qing Hane
You either haven't been playing this game since Alpha/Beta to watch all the disasters that have happened or you are trolling. This isn't a simple as you make it out to be, it's over 6 months in the making of the playerbase being screwed hardcore. agree. Since alpha they have been messing up big time and giving the patron players hard time. I can forgive a mistake but I cannot forgive hundreds of mistakes.

Fatalis
This is what was handed out to Patrons who were able to contact Customer support this morning...Nothing short of the same for my wife and I and our 4 accounts will be acceptable.
Overly generous or not...If we don't receive equal treatment we're gone.....Up to you Trion

All-new Gold Secrets Pack
includes........ 2500 Credits, 60 Days of Patron Status, 5 Worker's Compensation Potion (1000 LP, 12 hour cooldown), 5 Professional Tonics, 2 Aquatic Archeum Supply Crates, 25 XP Boost Potions, 25 Immortal XP Tonics, 25 Lucky Quicksilver Tonics, 10 Vocation Expertise Tonics, 10 Pet Dual-Recovery Potions, 2 Rumbling Archeum Tree Saplings, 5 Experia Pumpkin Patches, 5 Experia Sunflower Patches, 5 Experia Duck Patches, 5 Experia Pine Patches, Permanent Any-Post Owl Golden Teardrop Storage Chest.

Plus
Cyanfin - an aquatic dolphin mount!
Ebongleam Dynasty Robes - Lunar New Year costume
Glider Customization: Starlit Wings
1 Lucky Sunpoint
1 Lucky Moonpoint
1 Lucky Starpoint
Ayanad 7-day Pass: First Floor Lobby
Ayanad 7-day Pass: Second Floor Lobby
Ayanad 7-day Pass: Third Floor Lobby

Fat

Ufgang
03-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Seriously, how stressed do you think the people in charge of the win-back program are. LOL

Pomegranate
I think the safest solution is for everyone to get a pack, and those who already had the items to get an upgrade of some sorts, or an extra gift. Something rare that others can still get in-game, but is hard enough to get that it makes people who already had the goodies happy. Yeah some people are gonna be pissed no matter what, but it seems like a good bandaid to me!

JerryBoyle
I play since closed beta and got patron since launch, why should I get less than those who quit the game? Let alone people that have been playing since alpha!
You missed my point, for the record I've been playing since Alpha and been Patron all this time. I'm just saying there's too many conflicts to reasonably give the package to everybody. You have people with cyanfin, dyansty robes, starlit glider, and secret archeum packs. If everybody gets this for free, you are dismissing those who already paid to get it so they would need something else to compensate.

GreyGhost79
I am someone that spent a great deal of money on obtaining my Dolphin after you stated there would not be another way to get it since it dropped in game. No loyalty option, not free to all patrons like in Korea, RNG only. Giving it to those who left the game was BS. I do not have the Ebonglean robes, nor the Starlit Glider skin, they got these as well for quitting. I purchased multiple Archeum Secrets packs, you gave them the $99 dollar one for free for quitting.

Think long and hard about how you "reward" your patrons with this giveaway at this point. A lot of us are reconsidering our game choices right now.

Baddiez
https://youtube/OGp9P6QvMjY

I hope by Giveaway you don't mean only specific people because you have to include everyone not just select people

How has no one told you that video is golden yet holy ♥♥♥♥ bests video 2015

syth
03-19-2015, 01:59 PM
I think the safest solution is for everyone to get a pack, and those who already had the items to get an upgrade of some sorts, or an extra gift. Something rare that others can still get in-game, but is hard enough to get that it makes people who already had the goodies happy. Yeah some people are gonna be pissed no matter what, but it seems like a good bandaid to me!

Agreed!

Dolphin nowplzkthx

Sjokopoco
03-19-2015, 02:00 PM
So this is how I see it. Either they give everyone with patron the same pack. Which includes several items from previous supply crates, like starlit glider or the dynasty robe for example. But then if everyone gets it, what happens with the people that spent money on these supply crates. I see several people saying they spent hundreds of dollars trying to get the dolphin, and now if they are being handed out for free, that would have been a complete waste of money on their part. Will they be getting credit back? Or how will they be compensated for this?

And if we don't get the same pack, people will still be mad because people that don't even pay for this game is getting cooler items then the ones who are actually spending money on the game. I understand the concept of making people wanting to come back, but seriously... This is way out of hand. I'm looking forward to seeing how this major ♥♥♥♥ up will be dealt with.

Kirah
03-19-2015, 02:00 PM
You missed my point, for the record I've been playing since Alpha and been Patron all this time.

I got your point, I just remarked that we should get more than those who quit, but it's pretty clear that we will not.

SirenAmber
03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

No one forced the patron to keep playing either, it is just a choice. Either choose to miss everything, return as a lv50 when everyone is almost lv55 for a gift pack; or choose to stay on track without receiving the gift. It would be pretty unfair if you just have both, and dump the returning players way behind will probably make them don't want to come back(well this doesn't really matter to players, but it does matter to Trion).

eman420x
Well after my horrible experience with customer service over a ticket and now this nonsense I am unsubscribing. Thanks for nothing, enjoy your new Lose-Subscibers Program -Khro

Stricken
This is what was handed out to Patrons who were able to contact Customer support this morning...Nothing short of the same for my wife and I and our 4 accounts will be acceptable.
Overly generous or not...If we don't receive equal treatment we're gone.....Up to you Trion

All-new Gold Secrets Pack
includes........ 2500 Credits, 60 Days of Patron Status, 5 Worker's Compensation Potion (1000 LP, 12 hour cooldown), 5 Professional Tonics, 2 Aquatic Archeum Supply Crates, 25 XP Boost Potions, 25 Immortal XP Tonics, 25 Lucky Quicksilver Tonics, 10 Vocation Expertise Tonics, 10 Pet Dual-Recovery Potions, 2 Rumbling Archeum Tree Saplings, 5 Experia Pumpkin Patches, 5 Experia Sunflower Patches, 5 Experia Duck Patches, 5 Experia Pine Patches, Permanent Any-Post Owl Golden Teardrop Storage Chest.

Plus
Cyanfin - an aquatic dolphin mount!
Ebongleam Dynasty Robes - Lunar New Year costume
Glider Customization: Starlit Wings
1 Lucky Sunpoint
1 Lucky Moonpoint
1 Lucky Starpoint
Ayanad 7-day Pass: First Floor Lobby
Ayanad 7-day Pass: Second Floor Lobby
Ayanad 7-day Pass: Third Floor Lobby

Fat

Gonna have to agree with this...

fat

Growlz
[QUOTE=Maximilious;1566490]Remember to link this image on tomorrows livestream, and we ALL get the same one or RIOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncuY4wLaA8

Yil
I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy.

You guys are, if nothing else, totally entertaining to watch stumble around in your clown shoes.

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 02:02 PM
It really simple, everyone gets the gold pack and Dolphin or it's game over, no more tolerance. You cave in and keep playing when they try to crap on us with their "counter" offer (which it's almost guaranteed they will) then they'll just keep doing business like they do.

They've been screwing up like this since launch then come back with junk like Divine Gifts and 200Labor pot jokes.

Everyone gets the huge pack and Dolphin or seriously go to one of the other games out there that don't do this crap to their customers.

Blindmoon
I agree that people who quit the game shouldn't be given anything. Like, let's be real they're probably going to quit again if they did come back. The people who stayed this long are the people who are probably going to keep playing and they should be the first priority. I don't think we even need to be compensated though. I think they should just fix the issue on their end. People don't seem to realize they give us compensation literally every time their toe crosses over a line. People have come to expect it because Trion has been so accommodating in the ways of compensating us, even if it's small compensation, we still get something every time they mess up. Yet, people seem to be forgetting that they aren't required to give us anything. They choose to.

and we choose to play or not
we pay for fair play not to be screwed
but someone made a mistake and screwed the paying player over again
it not the first time
and if the track record holds it will not be the last

Pieuw
If I'm honest, I'm most frustrated with the idea that people went on live chat, complained and were given a package of items to compensate just them. This is practically a bigger oversight than the original mess.

I understand the viewpoint of giving ex subscribers items, as if they dont come back it's no loss to you, and if they do come back you get money they would never have sent your way in the form of a sub and potentially further purchases. As you say in your opening post, this is nothing new in MMO's. However, to then give existing subscribers similar packages just because they told you they were unhappy about the situation, is wrong.

I feel that I am going to haev to go onto live chat now and request the same package to keep in line with those who got this treatment, and as I am late to the party will likely get nothing.

so...

You are going to have to remove whatever items the live chat mods gave to people, which I don't think you even have that capability to do if I'm honest, as I have doubts you can track all of the items that will have been sold.

Agree :)))))))

DJRastafari
03-19-2015, 02:03 PM
The only thing I have to say on this topic is: Why is there an internal discussion needed on how to solve this, when the problem was created by a clown with a GM tag?

Virtic
03-19-2015, 02:04 PM
What will be done about the players who received their package by contacting Live Support? Will they get to keep the package + whatever comes next as per "we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players" ? These players got quite some stuff... GMs handing them out like candy in Live Support made it only worse for the rest..

The only thing you can really do is give everyone the exact same thing as the rest. Which is this. http://i.imgur.com/0RS56ZA.png

You ♥♥♥♥ed up big time.

Why? So I can have a spare Dolphin? Pass. I want the pack and the $40-$50 I spent on credits successfully getting the Dolphin the proper way, the RNG Pack!

If IRL $$ were not involved I wouldn't care, but because it was... well. ♥♥♥♥, I'm annoyed I guess.

Honey Lullaby
You either haven't been playing this game since Alpha/Beta to watch all the disasters that have happened or you are trolling. This isn't a simple as you make it out to be, it's over 6 months in the making of the playerbase being screwed hardcore.

Actually I have been playing since Alpha. I started a couple weeks before they introduced the 1.2 patch. I'm not trolling. I've been in the group that constantly is "being screwed hardcore". I still enjoy this game for what it is. I rarely post on the forums as you can see by my post count. That being because the majority of posts are just people ♥♥♥♥♥ing and threatening to quit yet never doing so. You and I agree on a very basic level, that the packages they gave out to people who have already shown to have an easy time leaving this game are quite ridiculous. However, I don't agree that we once again need to be compensated. Out of all the posts on this thread, very few of them say "take it away from them." The majority of them state "give it to us" and that's because that is what people have come to expect from this company. They expect they will just be handed everything if they complain enough. I don't think people who quit the game should be handed free ♥♥♥♥ and I don't think the solution is handing even more people free ♥♥♥♥.

Ironknave
The thing that sucks the most is that this whole thing is going to wreck the economy even more now. Everyone should have the free stuff removed if you ask me not flood the market with more of the stuff some of us paid good money for.

Barcode

Yep, see my friends who are active patrons, never left the game log in every single day who stated in our TS that they got the same packs you posted in the Screen shot. Seems like someone just said Yolo and handed them out to random people, patrons and players that are not active.

Browncoats
No one forced the patron to keep playing either, it is just a choice. Either choose to miss everything, return as a lv50 when everyone is almost lv55 for a gift pack; or choose to stay on track without receiving the gift. It would be pretty unfair if you just have both, and dump the returning players way behind will probably make them don't want to come back(well this doesn't really matter to players, but it does matter to Trion).

Hah whatever, sooner or later you'll come to the realization that it does you no good to defend this game or company. You'll end up playing this game with 5 other people that are left considering most people are already fed up and quit playing and now the remaining playerbase has one foot out the door too.

Blancodraco
The main draw of the rng box was to get the very rare dolphin. We were really excited when I got one on my account. My wife happens to also play this game, it took some time but she got one on hers. The only reason we spent any money was for the dolphin. I guess I am very disappointed that its now going free to people who have not played and making them not so rare. Wow...I will really have to think hard about dropping any more money into a game that offers something for money one week then free the next.

Growlz
03-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Frankly I am sick and tired of these dolphins. I have 5 of the stupid things now. Not because of the generous, err over compensated gift package Trion gave out, but because I spent lots of money on boxes. Can ya take the untradeable tag off of these fish pls? I would love to share these dolphins with my friends. WTF am I supposed to do with ANOTHER dolphin if Trion gives me one?

"Tuna" sandwiches for everyone!!

Kazzmae
03-19-2015, 02:06 PM
no more tolerance...

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Actually I have been playing since Alpha. I started a couple weeks before they introduced the 1.2 patch. I'm not trolling. I've been in the group that constantly is "being screwed hardcore". I still enjoy this game for what it is. I rarely post on the forums as you can see by my post count. That being because the majority of posts are just people ♥♥♥♥♥ing and threatening to quit yet never doing so. You and I agree on a very basic level, that the packages they gave out to people who have already shown to have an easy time leaving this game are quite ridiculous. However, I don't agree that we once again need to be compensated. Out of all the posts on this thread, very few of them say "take it away from them." The majority of them state "give it to us" and that's because that is what people have come to expect from this company. They expect they will just be handed everything if they complain enough. I don't think people who quit the game should be handed free ♥♥♥♥ and I don't think the solution is handing even more people free ♥♥♥♥.

You remind me of one of those balloon punching bags with sand at the bottom we all use to beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of as kids. You kick, punch and beat the hell out of it and it just keeps coming back for more. You're a part of the problem and it's sad that you accept this type of customer support.

Miriya
03-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Many Chargebacks incoming....this is unreal.

Kaios

I'm sorry I don't usually call people out for this because I do indeed think it is a silly thing to say but you are white knighting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard right now. Are you truly this ignorant to what is right in front of your face? Do you really think this entire situation is acceptable? I don't care in what manner they choose to resolve it but they better do it fairly and fast or it is only going to get worse.

hammarus
This is OUTRAGEOUS!

I'm into this game for the $150 Founders pack, $100 credit pack, 5- $20 credit packs, umpteen $5 purchases, and multiple months of patron on several accounts. WHERE IS MY ♥♥♥♥ING FREE ♥♥♥♥?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still playing. YOU KNOW a ♥♥♥♥ING LOYAL "Cost"umer!

Condemned Chrispy
http://quickmeme.com/img/b3/b3a10abef396f68423bc6a60d2bbf40cb78298afa309f51c76 c94130124b681c.jpg

VikingGamer
03-19-2015, 02:08 PM
The problem is not that you gave things to people for coming back. The problem is the gamble boxes. The odds on getting the item you are buying them for is very literally the worst I have seen in the whole industry. (Rift boxes are the same) They are too expensive and you get near valueless consolation items. I would have bought a dolphin for $20-30 but I didn't even bother with the boxes this time. When you announced the addition of the dolphin I was excited. When I then saw that it was only in a gamble box, I simply regarded it as bait and switch. If you only offer it in the gamble boxes it might as well not be in the game for me because it is to my mind utterly unattainable. Paying hundreds of dollars and still probably not getting that dolphin is simply not on my to do list.

I have stopped being excited about updates a long time ago. I continue to farm my land because that is still a little fun for me but I don't otherwise play the game anymore. I really enjoyed library during Alpha but even its return just hasn't got me going either. I didn't cancel my subscription because of Dolphingate but it did remind me to do so. I still have 127 days left so I will probably keep farming for a while but I really have little reason to play a game that hides all the best items not just behind a pay wall but a random and ridiculously expensive pay wall.

So why are people mad about all this? Simply, people don't like being manipulated.

Jaguar
Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality.
-Khro

This reasoning is questionable at best. These are RNG Box Jackpot rare items with attached value being comparable to the rarity of the items. Even thinking for a second that it would be totally acceptable to include these is really staggering to any of us who were actually willing to play the RNG game for any amount of time, when the answer was apparently to simply walk out of the Casino to get the reward we wanted.

If you really think the RNG box rares are so plentiful that it's totally fine to use them as player retention incentives, maybe you need to reevaluate how these items are distributed in the first place.

#1: Make the RNG box rares tradeable/wrapped on obtaining them again so your whales can distribute to buddies
#2: Make the RNG boxes themselves tradeable so people can invest and distribute at later dates to people looking for older items.
#3: Make the RNG box rares more plentiful (To your credit, you're actually doing this already in future boxes)

blz
are you joking now? other companies may do this yes, but they dont give away free ♥♥♥♥ to people that quit the game while trying to milk every penny from their active playerbase with the exact same items they are giving away.

to make things even better, you went ahead and gave every patron that complained to live chat a pack as well. i expect every one of your patrons to receieve this.

this is NOT about a friggin dolphin, its about how you continue to treat your patrons as ♥♥♥♥ over and over again and when ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan "you want to be transparent". give me a break.

Tarpas
INCREDIBLY STUPID MOVE TRION!!!!

Didn't expect you to make it so easy for me to make up my mind about this game!!
You got the benefit of the doubt for a few months, but this is it :)

Absolutely unacceptable explanation and asking active patrons to understand?

I am out - although I still have 4 months pre-paid memberships x 2 accounts.... which will not be renewed (not that I can with your messed up purchase process).

Enjoy the returning crowd.... they got their goodies without paying.... laughing stock!!!

Toy Fuzion
03-19-2015, 02:09 PM
I hope you all make this right. While I am happy that you all are thinking of bringing more people into the game, it's just going to look bad on these types of measures taken. Heck, MassivelyOP is already covering this, and not in a positive light. These moves don't help get more people in the game; it makes them stay away.

Good luck cleaning it up!

reiari
To repeat what has already been said. I am expecting the Dolphin Package as well as the $99 Gold Package. If we don't get the same thing the ones that contacted Live Chat get, i will be shutting every single one of my Patron accounts down as well. There are a total of 5 in my family. I also have spent a reasonable amount of cash on credits in this game and will not be treated unfairly for my loyalty.

Smitty
So yeah, I just came back to the game after being gone for several months. About a week prior to this fiasco. Needless to say, I am not very pleased. My mailbox looks a little dry.

Barcode
03-19-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure how even the loyal white knights can defend this company on their actions at this point. The amount of screw ups GMS/Live support have made since launch are just unacceptable. How do the same type of mistakes keep happening over and over again.

Blackdayz
03-19-2015, 02:12 PM
EU Eanna is again smoked up and DOWN
and when i try to start a post i get the msg i have to be a char lvl 15+
I have a lvl 53 at EU server and a lvl 50 at NA

ur dmg´ed Trion

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 02:12 PM
They are either giving this to everybody with possible slight alterations for ones who have said items already or rollbacking so nobody got it then reworking the rewards. Only acceptable conclusions I can see.

Darkgutss
03-19-2015, 02:14 PM

I agree with most of what you say except the part that most player will keep playing. I know a lot of hardcore people on my server that have been on the verge of quitting for a lot of reason : poor management and bad business by trion, the lack of archeum ( they intend to fix that but its been a known problem for months), the auroria fail which was massive and lack of pvp content ( which I know is very server based). And to be honest, the move they just made is beyond stupid. I do not care for the dolphin mount, its all about principles at this point. I bought the archeum secret pack one week ago and then they give out the gold pack for free to INACTIVE PLAYERS ( who bring nothing to the game) right after.

Condemned Chrispy
Now they are breaking the forums so word doesn't get out... typical

maiyah

Make it up to us all, by sending this to us. Seriously. Majorly sad about this fiasco, Trion. I've been here since queues were hoursss long, and paid my subscription, bought credits, I've put money into this game. To see these highly desired things just gifted to folks that left makes me feel like I don't matter as a customer to your company.

Honey Lullaby
You remind me of one of those balloon punching bags with sand at the bottom we all use to beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of as kids. You kick, punch and beat the hell out of it and it just keeps coming back for more. You're a part of the problem and it's sad that you accept this type of customer support.

You seem like the kind of kid who probably got held back for lack of ability to read. If I was ok with this kind of customer support then I would be on the other side of the fence because let's be honest, we're going to get free ♥♥♥♥ because they messed up. This is how their system has always been and it's how it's always going to be. People in this game literally wait for them to mess up so they can get their compensation. What's actually sad is how few people want them to fix their mistake. Everyone is ok with them messing up as long as it ends with them getting stuff for free.

I don't care in what manner they choose to resolve it but they better do it fairly and fast or it is only going to get worse.

I removed the rest of your quote since it didn't actually add anything to the debate. However, your last sentence is the same way I feel about it. I just honestly don't believe the way to fix it is to throw even more free stuff out there. Especially when you know whatever they do decide to give us won't even be comparable to what they have already given out.

Tedds
03-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Since y'all must be having a bad day, here's another cat in a box:

http://www.freemake.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_mb721kuYVK1r14ti5o6_500.jpg

Thanks for the info and I'll be awaiting your gifts. :3

Silvershadow
03-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Either this package by tomorrow (including the 2500 Credtis and 2 months PAtron) or refund of my real money spent.

Simple as that.
Or you take down the servers now and rollback.

Fuyu
03-19-2015, 02:16 PM
1/ You lose a lot of players without giving dolphins pack, you gave it to patron account, no excuses.. :s
2/ Please eanna, twice in a day !

Espiritu
Now they are breaking the forums so word doesn't get out... typical

Two things active players are doing right now:

* logging on all the inactive accounts they have access to from people who left the game to claim the absurd reward
* logging into their active accounts to cancel patron

I predict some issues with the login servers/website shortly.

Udro
This is par for the course for Trion, but it may hit them hard in the pocketbook in two ways.

1. People will stop paying for subs/marketplace items in game over this and they'd be right to do so.

2. Trion is sending us all message that if we want items in the future such as the PEGUSUS MOUNT all you have to do is unsub for a while and you will get it in a couple months for free.

Hopefully, they are smart enough to give this package flat out to everyone for free or at least remove items given to people that requested it that were already subbed.

Tanza
Not the smartest or well thought out move thats for sure but that has already been recognised. The player base can at least appreciate that as a company you are trying to boost server players which will benefit all.

The items that have been dished out to those with none or limited loyalty to the game seem to be linked with the marketplace. How about boosting the loyal players loyalty in the marketplace that way we get the 'thanks for staying with us' and get to chose how its spent. I have sloth glider, I have a dolphin, lucky me but it did cost real GB£ to buy the chests so I wouldn't be that thrilled about getting a second dolphin as compensation.

Marketplace loyalty would give everyone a choice in how they are compensated (or save for pegasus)

Lanfear
Khrolan, you're forgetting to talk about the free $100 boxes some of us paid to have that were freely given by your live chat support. Please be transparent about that too.

Honey Lullaby
I agree with most of what you say except the part that most player will keep playing. I know a lot of hardcore people on my server that have been on the verge of quitting for a lot of reason : poor management and bad business by trion, the lack of archeum ( they intend to fix that but its been a known problem for months), the auroria fail which was massive and lack of pvp content ( which I know is very server based). And to be honest, the move they just made is beyond stupid. I do not care for the dolphin mount, its all about principles at this point. I bought the archeum secret pack one week ago and then they give out the gold pack for free to INACTIVE PLAYERS ( who bring nothing to the game) right after.

I can agree with this. I mean in all honesty, I'm not sure how anyone would think giving out a free dolphin wouldn't induce rage.

Smitling
Thanks Trion for pissing on me some more. Archeum Founder Pack R.I.P

I canceld my sub now and waiting for email when i should return.

Traciatim
03-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated.

You are still missing the point. It's not that the value was too high, it's that the only way to get this mount was through an RNG box which people have to pay money for to open and attempt to get. People already hate the scam of the RNG box but have to pay for it if they want a chance at the mount.

You also gave in game power items like lucky sun points that take existing people either 20 days, a large amount of gold, or extreme luck to get and something that people are using to make money on the auction house.

You could have instead given library passes, XP pots, vocation tonics, patron time, actual cosmetic items like outfits or most other things, even if the pack was valuable and you wouldn't have the disappointment that you are faced with now.

JerryBoyle
Two things active players are doing right now:

* logging on all the inactive accounts they have access to from people who left the game to claim the absurd reward
* logging into their active accounts to cancel patron

I predict some issues with the login servers/website shortly.
Already happened, I can't post in general or anywhere else because my character is below level 15 even though it's 51.

Uncles
Open ticket and ask for Pegasus. Drama solved

0n0w1c
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
So why are people mad about all this? Simply, people don't like being manipulated.

DING DING DING! ^^^ This so much!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU

Kalmah
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Absolutely ridiculous - I regret to see I've been wasting my time with this company and game. It's been a truly painful experience having to bear through all the hickups and shortcomings of this company and being spat on by ones I help feed is truly unacceptable. I feel there is minute amount of possibilities that can be done in order to rectify the atrocity that you've thrown down upon us. This is the last straw for me Trion, make good or I'll no longer be subscribing or paying anything for this game or anything under the name of Trion and be sure to pass the message along to all my guild mates and friends I play with.

Chorus
03-19-2015, 02:20 PM
which would give all and not only have come forward that sucks so I 'm thinking on whether I leave the game

Kaios
I removed the rest of your quote since it didn't actually add anything to the debate. However, your last sentence is the same way I feel about it. I just honestly don't believe the way to fix it is to throw even more free stuff out there. Especially when you know whatever they do decide to give us won't even be comparable to what they have already given out.

Ok but the portion you removed was more in regards to your ignorance towards their past mishaps. Like has been said countless times by several different people already, this has been yet again one stupid decision after another just like every other time. Maybe you are right that just throwing items at everyone will not be a permanent fix for the issue but it damn sure makes me feel better after putting up with this garbage for way too long now. If you have truly been playing as actively and for as long as you say this would be your opinion as well.

GodzSpeed
For the additional of giving the same item as inactive players, We should also get [Ayanad Weaponsmithing Boost Scroll Bundle]

Honey Lullaby
03-19-2015, 02:21 PM
If you have truly been playing as actively and for as long as you say this would be your opinion as well.

Obviously not.

Condemned Chrispy
03-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Patrons will get less, i know they will give us less..

No reward for staying..

ESO launched F2P

Failer
03-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Agree everyone should get this or it should be deleted and no one should get it.

Jealousy is a bad thing. so if you lived in a neighborhood with 20 rich guys and they have a Lamborghini. you would say i want one to or they should not have it either?
some people would actually go destroy it, just because they cannot have it either.

Jealousy is a bad thing

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:26 PM
SO every member that pays full every month can screw up because they dont have the right on that dolphin great to bring new players back trion but to ♥♥♥♥ of existing members

Pilfer
Just managed to use the same title as my other post about some other foolish scheme. As a paying customer of more than one account I feel I really need to know who the heck is running your business?

Does anyone at Trion think about anything before implementing it and if they do why would you ever implement half the stuff you come up with.

I could give a toss about free stuff, I really don't care but what you are doing is killing the golden goose. You need to have a serious think about how you run your business concerning AA. If you don't make some drastic changes you will not have a business and the fewer and fewer loyal players left here will not have a game.

Failer
Trion you guy are ♥♥♥♥ing ******s. Thanks for giving ♥♥♥♥ away to people who dont play the game. ♥♥♥♥ing idiots. I am offended.

are you offended? weird, at the moment you are actually saying "Trion you guy are ♥♥♥♥ing ******s" and " ♥♥♥♥ing idiots".

i suppose you mean, i am offending you.
""

asunaxxx
03-19-2015, 02:27 PM
What packs? i didnt get anything on email or in game

Darkgutss
03-19-2015, 02:28 PM

Not sure if you realize how flawed your logic is. I will word it differently for you, patrons keep the game alive and support it. From your perspective, they get to play the game, which is all they deserve. Quitters, which do not support the game, didn't get to play the game, so they deserve a ♥♥♥♥ load of items to adjust. Is that right? What I feel you don't understand is that without patrons, there's no game. Sure, we do need more players but do so without taking the player base that keeps the game alive for idiots.

Honey Lullaby
03-19-2015, 02:28 PM
What packs? i didnt get anything on email or in game

I think he just worded something wrong. Active players did not receive anything. That's why people are mad right now. Well partly anyway.

Zappalot
03-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Seriously, how stressed do you think the people in charge of the win-back program are. LOL

Honestly, i guess they aren't stressed at all.
The past only shows one thing really clearly, if Trion mastered any skill at all, then it's to screw up and bend over their customer.
They are so experienced in sitting things out so we'll hear tomorrow that they couldn't reach an internal conclusion on how to handle the situation and we should be patient till later next week, rince repeat. (Timber Coupe anyone?)

Kaios
Obviously not.

Then all I can say is you have been very lucky in your dealings with this company. Most of us cannot say the same and I am beyond tired of this, this year has been very bad for MMOs so far and frankly it's beginning to form a bit of a pattern and I hope that means more people are beginning to pull their head from the ground and actually realize how much they are being taken advantage of.

They could give the best package to everyone that they have supposedly given out to some players already and I would still feel like I have been bent over the table numerous times without the inclusion of dinner first.

Geminii
I guess the joke is on us for spending money in game for 'rare' cosmetic items you just give away en-masse to non players.

You are right, you need more people playing, urgently, but the why seems to elude you. They left because you done bad. And now you do it again.

If you are going to have a cash shop, be fair.

Too late for me, and I am the 'whale' you want but with this real sucker punch I will find a game that appreciates my money!

Fantasm
So... you guys release auroria. failed.

You guys released new secret packs.. scapes give incorrect information and your support team wont refund the purchases/credit them what was advertised by an official channel. fail (im glad i get the money back for my packs, and since your support team sucks, i get the money back AND keep the items since i had to do a credit chargeback)

Andddd dolphingate. well, done for me :)

USFNOOB
$270

No dolphin mount

Didn't know this happened

Still not dolphin mount

3 tickets of similar issues

"we cannot give out items from RNG boxes"

http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/the-♥♥♥♥-is-this.jpg

0n0w1c
03-19-2015, 02:30 PM
lol, yeah, sure... it is nice to try to win back previous players...

But those are same players we TOLD you would leave if you kept jacking up the game but you did it anyway. Now you turn on your loyal player base in an ill-conceived attempt to try to get them back and claim you are trying to help the game? You help the game by listening to us and stop jacking it up and undo your damage! Then those same people will come back because they liked it once, before you ruined it! They don't play for the free crap, they play because the game is good! Hell, we all paid to play and were happy to do it!

How can Trion be this out of touch, clueless and lost?

JerryBoyle
03-19-2015, 02:31 PM
I think he just worded something wrong. Active players did not receive anything. That's why people are mad right now. Well partly anyway.
Active patrons did get these packages when they complained to customer support. This eventually made support stop giving them out since they weren't suppose to.

Unray
Jealousy is a bad thing. so if you lived in a neighborhood with 20 rich guys and they have a Lamborghini. you would say i want one to or they should not have it either?
some people would actually go destroy it, just because they cannot have it either.

Jealousy is a bad thing

It's not Jealousy.

Why should those who are not playing nor bought any RNG box receive this 100$ package for free while those who played actively and paying monthly receive nothing?

It's simply unfair and frustrating

eman420x
There you go, the Lose-Subscribers Program is a big hit.

http://s28.postimg.org/nrwffmuyx/lolrekt.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nrwffmuyx/)

Qing Hane
They seriously need to re think their business model. They are making the same mistakes again and again.

Agionora
ww3 trion atm with members paying members

Kobyshi
03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
It's like snub the ones that stayed in the game and kept it afloat and reward those who left shower them with free gift's for them to leave again after a month. I spent over 25k credits trying to get that dolphin mount and never got it - gave up in the end. Now seeing it given away to those who never stayed in the game is an absolutely PISS TAKE!

Failer
03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Not sure if you realize how flawed your logic is. I will word it differently for you, patrons keep the game alive and support it. From your perspective, they get to play the game, which is all they deserve. Quitters, which do not support the game, didn't get to play the game, so they deserve a ♥♥♥♥ load of items to adjust. Is that right? What I feel you don't understand is that without patrons, there's no game. Sure, we do need more players but do so without taking the player base that keeps the game alive for idiots.

you cannot recruit new players or old players without rewarding them with something.

there is a new MMORPG out every month and there is 100s of them. you can't just say come and play. without saying why they should play or play again.

it's trion choice or way to calling for new player or old player to come back.

Keenetic
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
This is like Salphira Woe Land Giveaway Version 2.
LOL GM Khrolan if you accepted this giveaway to bring back oldplayers knowing it included Dolphins you ♥♥♥♥ed up twice already.
Get it together.

Roark24601
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm used to games with serious technical flaws falling apart and driving everyone away.

In this case, the underlying mechanics are actually really good for a free-to-play but the management has managed to utterly piss off everyone and continue to drive people off in droves.

The hole they dug and won't dig out of this week:

1) Gave away a mount for free that people spent hundreds of dollars for a short time ago and is still an active RNG box

2) Gave away a ton of stuff worth a decent amount of money to players to try to get them to return while ignoring the active players who ought to have also been incentivized to stick around in spite of the insanity they have been continuously subjected to.

3) Haphazardly compensated some players who complained then stopped that action, meaning that some have hundreds of dollars of items by complaining while others received nothing. And Trion hasn't decided how to compensate everyone to begin with.

I assume they will just give the package to everyone, so the only people who get screwed in the end are the ones who already have the dolphins or failed in their attempts to purchase them.

Probably the only sensible way out of this is to refund everyone who bought the dolphin RNG boxes and call it a day.

Norman1
03-19-2015, 02:34 PM
My patron ran out 4 days ago and I got nothing. I have been playing since closed beta.

Pilfer
03-19-2015, 02:34 PM
you cannot recruit new players or old players without rewarding them with something.

there is a new MMORPG out every month and there is 100s of them. you can't just say come and play. without saying why they should play or play again.

it's trion choice or way to calling for new player or old player to come back.

My advice to you is to check the 20 or so pages of fury here to gauge the feeling of the player base. That is the outcome of the giveaway like it or not.

noobgirl
03-19-2015, 02:36 PM
GG. The ploy to win back old players may just see server populations drop more. A large percentage of the current LOYAL playerbase are multiple PATRON account holders. You win back one person who will probably stay f2p (after all that stuff they were given why do they need to pay?) you potentially lose someone who was loyal and probably held 2-3 patron accounts.

The list of mistakes made by this company just go on and on. Dolphingate happening so soon after the hacker land fiasco makes me wonder if you actually want people to play this game at all.

If you want to rectify this situation you need to give your loyal customers the exact same package. I dont think some stupid candys and labor pots will cut it this time.

Failer
03-19-2015, 02:36 PM
It's not Jealousy.

Why should those who are not playing nor bought any RNG box receive this 100$ package for free while those who played actively and paying monthly receive nothing?

It's simply unfair and frustrating

it's just a game, pixel / blinking lights on a piece plastic, no need to get frustrated of a game. you choosed to pay the monthly for the game and you choose to pay for RNG boxes.

Juxta
03-19-2015, 02:37 PM
so wait now I need to contact live support to get compensated for no compensation? complicated

Boobless
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
I've been playing from launch day , and I've been a patron ever since it's us who deserve such gifts not the crybies who left the game , way to go Trion.

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
yeah like i sayd before paying members get screwed members who quit get payed what a failure

Stochastic
03-19-2015, 02:39 PM
The only thing over the top was the dolphin, as a drop in its rarity hurts current players who have one. The rest of the package brings players into archeage at no cost to current players. Taxes were not raised to 'afford' this. If Trion can print pixels to get more people into the game then they should, it benefits us all.

As far as fairness goes, I am surprised at the level of anger here. QUIT ACTING LIKE CHILDREN. You would rather have everyone worse off in the name of fairness, it is absurd.

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:42 PM
http://postimg.org/image/nrwffmuyx/ think what happen now trion why dont u guys treat us all the same look this is what happen more ...as patron i am getting more and more dissapointed with the mistakes here cool game 1.7 patch upcomming what would bring and correct all mistakes if i am seeing in Korea servers but before that u guys looking for empty servers bring out that 1.7 more early now ore u loose it all

USFNOOB
The only thing over the top was the dolphin, as a drop in its rarity hurts current players who have one. The rest of the package brings players into archeage at no cost to current players. Taxes were not raised to 'afford' this. If Trion can print pixels to get more people into the game then they should, it benefits us all.

As far as fairness goes, I am surprised at the level of anger here. QUIT ACTING LIKE CHILDREN. You would rather have everyone worse off in the name of fairness, it is absurd.

$270 no mount

♥♥♥♥ your logic.

Nomi
Dear Trion,

I think that all current paying Patrons will enjoy our Flying mount 'reward' soon(TM).

Thanks.

Qing Hane
03-19-2015, 02:43 PM

you are funny.

Audio Otaku
I want my hundreds of dollars back from rng boxes that I spent because it was the only way to get most of these items. Thanks Trino. I hope you buy a new car and your worst enemy gets one for free and he flaunts in infront of you like you are just a piece of rank meat.

Because that is how most of us are feeling right about now.

thebuttmadpatrol
Guys, remember to cancel the subscriptiong and remove the payment options incase of "unintended" bugs in their payment systems that charges your account even after you quit.

Theonn
Khrolan, you're forgetting to talk about the free $100 boxes some of us paid to have that were freely given by your live chat support. Please be transparent about that too.

+1 this and this!

JerryBoyle
$270 no mount

♥♥♥♥ your logic.
600 bucks and I got the mount. However yeah, won't be too thrilled when people get it for free although it is mostly useless but it's not the end of the world as people make it appear as.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 02:44 PM

The lucky points, 100 dollar package isn't over kill? I paid good money for my package and non playing people get it for free? You sir need to go to hell

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:45 PM
know the feeling for the lads here trying to get stuff for the lady s etc and spend ♥♥♥♥ ton of money on those boxes and then they give them all away NOW

Theonn
soon(TM).

Thts from NCSoft, dont steal their tags.

Miguel_Ptm
It's a joke!? I dont care about the dolphin, i see itens worth $100 give for free for players that dont give a F#$% to the game, and the loyal player base that pay every month to suport the game and spent $ in credits to get some rare itens. And the reward: get nothing from TRION. :confused:

SirenAmber
03-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm used to games with serious technical flaws falling apart and driving everyone away.

In this case, the underlying mechanics are actually really good for a free-to-play but the management has managed to utterly piss off everyone and continue to drive people off in droves.

The hole they dug and won't dig out of this week:

1) Gave away a mount for free that people spent hundreds of dollars for a short time ago and is still an active RNG box

2) Gave away a ton of stuff worth a decent amount of money to players to try to get them to return while ignoring the active players who ought to have also been incentivized to stick around in spite of the insanity they have been continuously subjected to.

3) Haphazardly compensated some players who complained then stopped that action, meaning that some have hundreds of dollars of items by complaining while others received nothing. And Trion hasn't decided how to compensate everyone to begin with.

I assume they will just give the package to everyone, so the only people who get screwed in the end are the ones who already have the dolphins or failed in their attempts to purchase them.

Probably the only sensible way out of this is to refund everyone who bought the dolphin RNG boxes and call it a day.

Lmao I do agree with that. They could have done a lot better.
Or at least
(1)Giving us some clear info about the requirement before they gave out the actual stuff

(2)Making everything bound so it won't really make too much difference in the in-game market

(3)Putting a cash shop mount/pet instead of an RNG one; if they really really have to put an RNG mount/pet, make it a nerfed version(for the dolphin, it could be one with same look but no pet skill at all or something like that...but i really don't see the point of putting a pet there...)

(4)Don't simply say yes just because some ppl are angry for not getting free gift(for returning players) as actual active players...I mean...it is not meant to be for them after all...

Ridg
03-19-2015, 02:47 PM
All,

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone...

-Khro

According to whom? You're OPINION is irrelevant on the matter. My server is locked for new character creation on the weekend and good safe land is unavailable without paying a premium price. Will more players benefit those of us who started the game in December, and payed to play, after the land rush? No it will not. If anything less players would be more beneficial on my server. I think you may have just taken care of that.

Now, you would think that a company who names their premium subscription a PATRON account would understand what the term Patronage actually means. Here, I'll help. from Dictionary.com

Patronage:
noun
the financial support or business provided to a store, hotel, or the like, by customers, clients, or paying guests.
patrons collectively; clientele.

Patron:
noun
a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, especially a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like:
a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.

So when you send out a gift saying, "We would like to thank you for your Patronage." You may want to actually send it to your Patrons, not your former customers.

Yes, yes, "bring back programs" happen all the time. they typically don't go like this.
"Hello former Nissan driver! We would like to thank you for you FORMER PATRONAGE by offering you this new car. Yes, some people just bought the new car with their hard earned money yesterday or have been paying for their Nissan for months, but don't worry about them. Oh, and by the way, we've upgraded your new car with super rare cheetah skin upholstery. Our actual paying customers have spent thousands trying to acquire this super rare upgrade but we're including it just for you. P.S., there's a thousand dollars in cash in the glove-box. Enjoy!"

Last week I dropped $150 dollars on a gold secrets pack, and switched from a recurring subscription. This week you gave the same thing I just purchased away for free, along with other rare items, and roughly 500 gold worth of lucky points. WTF?!?!?

I expect the same items to arrive in my owl mailbox tomorrow. If that doesn't happen i'll dispute the $150 charge and close my account. I really enjoy playing Archeage. I don't enjoy it enough to bend over and allow myself to be ♥♥♥♥ed because of the incompetence of your staff and management. Make this right Trion/XL.

USFNOOB
03-19-2015, 02:47 PM
600 bucks and I got the mount. However yeah, won't be too thrilled when people get it for free although it is mostly useless but it's not the end of the world as people make it appear as.

Their live support told me "we cannot give out items from RNG boxes" but that is what they are doing now.......

And this is just one set of RNG boxes, I tried for the christmas one with just as much money, Halloween with $320... I have none of those. Only RNG item I have is Mirage Bear which is worse than a lot of T1 mounts... so a lot of worf there.

thebuttmadpatrol
03-19-2015, 02:48 PM
it's just a game, pixel / blinking lights on a piece plastic, no need to get frustrated of a game. you choosed to pay the monthly for the game and you choose to pay for RNG boxes.
therefore he now chooses to quit the game.

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:48 PM
HE trion if u dont know the game please who pay patron why dont u talk with the community for real and stop having a bigg dick of all the spend money so far and treath us as the way we want to be treated humans

Kirah
03-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I bet, not only we will not get something on par with the package they gave to ex-players and people who complained on cs, but we'll also get something worse than the downtime compensation.

Aka, the gummy bear return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKQz-ClwIc

Browncoats
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/19/archeage-patrons-perturbed-at-trions-gift-to-former-players/

Calliope
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I have no problem with giving inactive players incentive to return. What I have a problem with is giving them things for free, that I have spent money on trying (note trying) to get and have never gotten. I'm afraid to tally up just how much money I've put into Archeage not including my subscription. Sure, I don't have to do it; Yes, I chose to do it; but to give those items for free to people who no longer support the game is a slap in the face.

Further, to see people who have complained on live chat get all of the items i'm seeing posted and now I've returned home from work and can not even get that?

I mean honestly Trion from a business perspective you have really crossed the line. And perhaps even now have brought me to my final straw. Since my money isn't worth anything, nor my patronage then perhaps it's just time to move on. THAT is the message you've very clearly sent to me.

Agionora
03-19-2015, 02:51 PM
i bet the game creator is crying over the ♥♥♥♥ whats going on here and i feel sorry for the creator

Richard Lionheart
03-19-2015, 02:51 PM
According to whom? You're OPINION is irrelevant on the matter. My server is locked for new character creation on the weekend and good safe land is unavailable without paying a premium price.

So when you send out a gift saying, "We would like to thank you for your Patronage." You may want to actually send it to your Patrons, not your former customers.

Yes, yes, "bring back programs" happen all the time. they typically don't go like this.
"Hello former Nissan driver! We would like to thank you for you FORMER PATRONAGE by offering you this new car. Yes, some people just bought the new car with their hard earned money yesterday or have been paying for their Nissan for months, but don't worry about them. Oh, and by the way, we've upgraded your new car with super rare cheetah skin upholstery. Our actual paying customers have spent thousands trying to acquire this super rare upgrade but we're including it just for you. P.S., there's a thousand dollars in cash in the glove-box. Enjoy!"

Last week I dropped $150 dollars on a gold secrets pack, and switched from a recurring subscription. This week you gave the same thing I just purchased away for free, along with other rare items, and roughly 500 gold worth of lucky points. WTF?!?!?

I expect the same items to arrive in my owl mailbox tomorrow. If that doesn't happen i'll dispute the $150 charge and close my account. I really enjoy playing Archeage. I don't enjoy it enough to bend over and allow myself to be ♥♥♥♥ed because of the incompetence of your staff and management. Make this right Trion/XL.

Well Said! I completely agree with you.

everchanging02
03-19-2015, 02:53 PM

Finally caught up.

This is my feeling.
Giving away a $100 pack to quitters will make some people jealous, but if it can get those people to come back and sub, then it's a good investment.
But the RNG box items was just a complete failure in logic. Those items can end up costing hundreds of dollars/euros to obtain, and giving them away free is just a slap in the face to those that are funding Trion's paycheck.
Then, having GMs give away those items to currently subbed patrons only to quickly cease this practice... *facepalm*

I honestly don't want anything. I was never interested in the costume (which IS cosmetic) or the dolphin.

Unless they can immediately, retroactively remove the packs given to the complaining active members and remove all the 'free' RNG box items (including those given to the 'returning' players), there's little hope of retaining the current subscription base.

I, for one, have unsubbed my three accounts and refuse to purchase anything more from the company. Not because I want free stuff, but because of the principle behind this SNAFU.

Atinu
03-19-2015, 02:57 PM
I don't want some crappy consolation prize and I don't just want a dolphin. I want all the same goodies that people complaining in live chat got this morning. I want equal treatment for being a paying member. That was a lot of stuff, not just a dolphin.

And you should consider refunding people for the dolphin boxes. I didn't buy any because I already learned that the boxes were a rip off, but I know people who spent hundreds on them. And you just spat in their faces. You should also refund people who bought the packs you GAVE AWAY. I've been thinking about getting one, and now I'm glad I didn't and I will never buy one.

You people need to consider NOT giving people reason to quit.

Ellcrys
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
oh WOW... i went to online Chat Support, that escalate my Ticket to an "holding Queue". I really hope, that they will find a good solution for Patrons.

Calmethar
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM

Unbelievable :/

statuquo
03-19-2015, 03:00 PM
When the ingame time will be rewarded (and more than the buyer one ??)

500 loyalty token free for inactive players ? SHAME ON YOU

WHAT IS THE POINT OF LOYALTY if UNLOYALTY GUYS GET IT WHATEVER

I want 500 loyalty as well and I think 1000 loyalty token free for active player will be at least a begin of apologizes for all what we are confronting right now.

And if you search an other item for you design active player gift : A R C H E U M E S S E N C E

and not shards ... dusts ... or even crystal bcz spend time ingame does do give you Gears back not money !

or do directly a cash shop where the dager, bow, sword of ... cost 20, 50 ,100 $

Brightstar
03-19-2015, 03:00 PM
well well well well, what did u thought trion employees when u stepped out ur bed we paid for lets put on a heavy metal glove and slap our patron members with it in the face?

this is how it is now, good job nerdbombers two subs are cancelled , hope u will be happy trion with ur maybe new patron members u will need them hoply for u there will be more new patrons then there are leaving now

Nyan
03-19-2015, 03:01 PM
No apologies, just admitting they made a mistake in estimating how it could be recieved by patrons. You would need to brib people to get over this feeling. No respect to customers, thinking like loyalty is acquired, as a business it failed so hard on the basics it's painful to watch. You failed to estimate. Do you even know your game? How can your player base can trust you for future purchases?

Uncles
In other news, Catholic church's are getting so rich from donations, that they are installing water sprinklers to keep away the homeless. http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/san-francisco-catholic-church-installed-homeless-sprinklers-article-1.2154697

Mechew
Unbelievable :/

I'll be cancelling 3 patron accounts if we don't get at least what was given out above. I just don't understand the logic of offending the active paying player base.

WrenchCrowbar
03-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Yep, see my friends who are active patrons, never left the game log in every single day who stated in our TS that they got the same packs you posted in the Screen shot. Seems like someone just said Yolo and handed them out to random people, patrons and players that are not active.

Wow lol, I just bought a package this afternoon and now I come here to find out you are giving them away for free?!? Why was I charged if this was free?

Are you kididng me? I dont mind spending money but this is just scamming your loyal patrons.

You can expect a chargeback for my last months expenditure on this game if the situation is not corrected and we receive the same package as has been given to others for free.

In the meantime I am canceling my subscription.

Kind regards,

Wrench Crowbar

Kirah
03-19-2015, 03:02 PM
oh WOW... i went to online Chat Support, that escalate my Ticket to an "holding Queue". I really hope, that they will find a good solution for Patrons.

I went to live chat earlier, didn't even ask to escalate my ticket nor the gm told me about it. After a while they escalated it on their own, but I'm fairly sure it means nothing.
We will not get the same stuff, you can bet on that.

Rostrax
03-19-2015, 03:03 PM
I'm getting the level 15 bug on every forum but this one =( I can't voice my opinion on Dolphingate

Funtastic
03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
I normally go with the flow and hate to be one of those "whiny, obnoxious" players. But even I have to admit this latest stint was very hurtful.

It is my money and no one is forcing me to spend it on this game, I know, but I am being loyal and supportive and have thus spent lots of money on it. Less than a week ago I bought a $150 secrets pack and now I see people get many of the same items from that pack for free? And they arent/werent even active????! HURTFUL! :(

Ive had an active subscription for months and am payed up till July atm. I've spent tons on APEX and credits. I've bought a $150 founder pack and $150 secrets pack and have spent HUNDREDS on those stupid RNG boxes with NOTHING to show for it. No mirage bear, no dolphin, no pets/mounts/rare outfits, no NOTHING because of the obnoxious greed and hideously pathetic drop rates. This is beyond unacceptable.

Yet, it is obviously all our faults because we are stupid enough to keep giving you guys money while you keep screwing us loyal PLAYERS over time and time again. >.<

kwtran
03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
encouraging returning players by disguting actual players, it is a common companies strategy ?