PDA

View Full Version : Crest "Unsupported format"

DiggerNick
07-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone.

I have read thoroughly other posts about troubleshooting this issue but no result.

Everything is correct and tried with multiple photos in 256x256 png format and named ucc but still getting for days the Unsupported format error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Housetek
07-23-2014, 03:00 AM
having the same issue, as well as a few guild mates, no one seems to know or care. But i've made like 4 differnt crests today, and was working on my 5th then all the sudden i got a unsupported error. I know what im doin, and its 256X256 .png with the name ucc. Non of my OLD crests even work any more when i try. on the lower left hand box is just a black image. i tried restarting and opening up glyph in admin mode. not sure what else to do

Applejack Smith
09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
SO far, I have tried everything, I deleted old files and so on, THIS started to happen when I kept changing crests now its broken on me. Seriously this is messed up.

Applejack Smith
09-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Ok, I found the problem, if you are getting that black image change the file to JPEG and it will accept it ((WHICH IS THE WRONG FORMAT)) for some reason :-/

Shootcia
09-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Ok, after 2 hours, I found solution, its realy simple. Try frome another coumputer, sometimes its bug that game cant read it. I tried on my laptop and PNG with transparency works :)

Kraag
09-29-2014, 08:39 AM
This is happening to me, as well.

This past Saturday, September 27th, 2014, I was able to preview my custom crest at the crest printing workstation. I then logged out of the game and made some additional edits to the image (though the edits were saved as a new file rather than overwriting the existing file; more on this later).

On Sunday, September 28th, 2014 I returned to the game with the updated image copied to the "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder. The square in the lower left corner which should display the image instead shows only a black square. I also receive the error message "Unsupported format".

I then close ArcheAge, navigate to my "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder, and delete the current "ucc.png" file I had copied there. I then re-copy back to that folder the image I had successfully previewed on Saturday (recall from above this file was not overwritten; it's the exact same file with no edits to it since having successfully previewed it less than 24 hours ago). I re-enter ArcheAge and still receive the black square and "Unsupported Format" error; despite using a file that was working just the day before.

However, if I change the file format to JPG it works just fine; minus, of course, the transparency (which is NOT fine).

The error is not on my end; I know what I'm doing with Photoshop, it's exactly 256x256 pixels, it's saved in PNG format, the file is named "ucc.png", it's copied to the "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder, and I have a Crest Brainstorm in my inventory when I interact with the Crest Printing Station.

Please fix this so those of us affected can return to creating custom crests in the game. Thank you.

Kraag
10-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I realize this issue pales in comparison to server queues, lag issues, bots, and gold spammers. But even just a "Yes, we're aware of this problem and will be addressing it in a future patch" or "This is a low priority bug fix and we will not be devoting resources to it at the present time" would be welcome.

Imez
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
This is happening to me, as well.

This past Saturday, September 27th, 2014, I was able to preview my custom crest at the crest printing workstation. I then logged out of the game and made some additional edits to the image (though the edits were saved as a new file rather than overwriting the existing file; more on this later).

On Sunday, September 28th, 2014 I returned to the game with the updated image copied to the "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder. The square in the lower left corner which should display the image instead shows only a black square. I also receive the error message "Unsupported format".

I then close ArcheAge, navigate to my "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder, and delete the current "ucc.png" file I had copied there. I then re-copy back to that folder the image I had successfully previewed on Saturday (recall from above this file was not overwritten; it's the exact same file with no edits to it since having successfully previewed it less than 24 hours ago). I re-enter ArcheAge and still receive the black square and "Unsupported Format" error; despite using a file that was working just the day before.

However, if I change the file format to JPG it works just fine; minus, of course, the transparency (which is NOT fine).

The error is not on my end; I know what I'm doing with Photoshop, it's exactly 256x256 pixels, it's saved in PNG format, the file is named "ucc.png", it's copied to the "ArcheAge/Documents/UCC" folder, and I have a Crest Brainstorm in my inventory when I interact with the Crest Printing Station.

Please fix this so those of us affected can return to creating custom crests in the game. Thank you.

After about an hour of pulling my hair out, banging my head against the wall, and snapping at my girlfriend, I came across a completely ♥♥♥-backwards solution to this problem. I created my custom crest as a PNG file, and renamed it ucc.jpg just to see what would happen. For some completely inexplicable reason, this worked and I now have a custom crest with transparency.

Mrspadess
08-19-2015, 03:51 AM
After about an hour of pulling my hair out, banging my head against the wall, and snapping at my girlfriend, I came across a completely ♥♥♥-backwards solution to this problem. I created my custom crest as a PNG file, and renamed it ucc.jpg just to see what would happen. For some completely inexplicable reason, this worked and I now have a custom crest with transparency.

Imez that is so weird but thank you