PDA

View Full Version : Cant get past HShield

Boredmuse
07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Went through the steps on the site that pops up, but still not getting past it. Anybody have this issue and resolve it?

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Same story here... tried everything on the list except reinstalling... Game will get me to character creation (well, now to the loading queue for the full server), then after two minutes to 2 1/2 minutes it stops and pops me out to the hackshield site.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/hackshield/p/3640/theme/archeage/

Esuna
07-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Having the same issue. :( I really wanted to play today. Darn Hackshield.

Kriegskind
07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
I had to tell my security program to allow it to run.

Esuna
07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I already told my firewall to allow it, and that didn't work. Tried all their suggestions other than reinstalling, and that didn't work. And I turned Microsoft Security Essentials off, and that wasn't it either. :/

smedzi
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Same problem here, get to character creation then the game just exits out and opens up that support site...

No idea what to do about this. Done everything that the support said site and allowed everything through Windows Firewall & Security Essentials.

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
What I do not get about this is that it ALWAYS lasts 2 and 1/2 minutes before I crash. No matter where I am or what I am doing, after 2 1/2 minutes. boom. Needless to say I have not finished creating one character at all today. I experimented earlier and left it on the server select screen. Same thing. 2 1/2 minutes of running time before it crashed.

smedzi
07-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I've just been Googling the problem for probably about the last two hours, tried every suggestion I could find but nothing works.

Going to try a full re-install which I doubt will fix it, but whatever. Worth a try.

sparkone
07-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Same Problem here. Hitting Play button, then getting the HackShield Window which updates like 10%, then quits and redirects me to https://support.trionworlds.com/app/hackshield/p/3640/theme/archeage/.
Tried every solution there, even reinstalling, nothing fixed it.
Had a Live-Chat with a GM who gave me several other advices, nothing worked so far.
Thats sad..didn't pay 50€ for that.

Thunder Bronco
07-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Same problem here. Nothing seems to work. Sad.

Airien
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure what's causing my issue but I'm having the same issue as Bel Geode, and when I crash it's forcing my PC to completely restart (have gotten blue screen a few times as well). Seems to happen 2-4 mins into the game every time. Can't make a character, even tried just going with the randomized one just to try and get in then crashed on the role selection screen.

I've gamed for 15 years and never experienced the blue screen crash or anything similar to this, even playing RIFT since beta and having no similar crashing problems whatsoever.

iTroll
07-17-2014, 04:11 PM
"Went through the steps on the site that pops up, but still not getting past it. Anybody have this issue and resolve it? "

Same Here =(
I try the last 5 hours to fix it.

sparkone
07-17-2014, 04:16 PM
JUST FOUND A SOLUTION GUYS, ITS WORKING!!!

1. Create a new user account in windows with administrator privileges.
2. Run the game!

Worked for me ... hope it fixes your problems as well.

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Someone has to have a cure for us here... This is nuts.

Thunder Bronco
07-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Guys, just check if your Internet Explorer browser isn't offline.
Open it try to access any website, then try to open the Archeage again. Worked for me!

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 04:29 PM

2. Run the game!

New user? As in a new user to the computer, right? How would that differ from the current user who is already an admin?

Boredmuse
07-17-2014, 05:53 PM

2. Run the game!

This worked for me. I can only assume something running on my account is conflicting. Oh, well. It works for now. Ill figure the rest out later.

sparkone
07-17-2014, 06:09 PM
New user? As in a new user to the computer, right? How would that differ from the current user who is already an admin?

Yes right. A new windows user account. I have no clue why it worked, but im now level 10 and its working <3

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Yes right. A new windows user account. I have no clue why it worked, but im now level 10 and its working <3

Hmm, well I just tried this as well, but no dice. Still bumps me off after 2 1/2 minutes and pops up IE with the hackshield troubleshooting page. So far nothing seems to work. I tried running as admin, setting compatibility to XP SP2, even reinstalling... nothing.

Skyrant
07-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Hackshield trojan is the reason. It kicks you off the game because of some service/driver or other software installed on your system. I am a developer and i ahve MSVC++ and Debuggers installed and the game does the same for me, exits after a few minutes.

Lucky i got a free BETA because they are not getting my money.

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Ok but is there a fix? A workaround? I even have AVG disabled and no bueno.

Australian Sugar
07-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone. I was stuck with the same problem, got no result doing all of Trion's Support suggestions. I remember experiencing something similar playing League of Legends which i solved by opening all of my internet browsers. I thought it would be worth a shot here, and what do you know, it worked. Hope this helps some people!

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I tried opening all browsers and creating a new windows user. Neither works.

Meelo
07-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Meelo to the rescue!!!

Hey everybody i had a problem when i started with alpha beta that i couldn't get past the start up it would crash the game and just exit. So i know many of you may have diffrent problems especially with hacksheild, but every one has a diffrent problem.

Anyway http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?6428-GUIDE-FAQ-Unofficial-Tech-Support
^ this link will give you a list of known problems and how to fix them, hopefully this will help some of you <3

Edit: after realizing there is nothing about HS in here, sorry <3 though my problem that i thought was HS wasn't at all when i started the Alpha.

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Still nope. In fact the issue I am having is not even listed on that page you gave. The game launches fine but after 2 and a half minutes of run time it crashes out and pops up a browser page to the hackshield page. Does not matter what I am doing in game, I only get 2 1/2 minutes before it crashes.

Esuna
07-17-2014, 08:25 PM
I tried opening my other browsers, and I discovered something else odd. I never use Internet Explorer, but when I loaded it, it couldn't load any pages. Don't know why. So any solution involving internet browsers won't work. I am hoping they will release some sort of fix for this soon. I have already pretty much missed day 1 of 5 of the beta test now. My brother had no issues of course, it's usually me with bad luck. Like I am on wireless that locks up randomly and has to be rebooted. And because our router is messed up and can't open up more ports for my computer (paranoid other brother blocked them) I have to use a proxifier if something uses non-htps or whatever ports. I have to use the proxifier for Steam for example. And connecting to servers on Defiance so I can play. But everything seemed like it would be fine (Defiance worked fine with this setup) and now Hackshield is ruining any chance to play this game.

This is depressing.

Esuna
07-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Meelo to the rescue!!!

Hey everybody i had a problem when i started with alpha beta that i couldn't get past the start up it would crash the game and just exit. So i know many of you may have diffrent problems especially with hacksheild, but every one has a diffrent problem.

Anyway http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?6428-GUIDE-FAQ-Unofficial-Tech-Support
^ this link will give you a list of known problems and how to fix them, hopefully this will help some of you <3

I don't know if you bothered reading your own suggestion, but Hackshield isn't mentioned once in there.

Meelo
07-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Still nope. In fact the issue I am having is not even listed on that page you gave. The game launches fine but after 2 and a half minutes of run time it crashes out and pops up a browser page to the hackshield page. Does not matter what I am doing in game, I only get 2 1/2 minutes before it crashes.

Have you tried going into the Hsheild folder and updating it? its in the Archeage folder with Hsheild then look for HSupdate

Meelo
07-17-2014, 08:31 PM
I don't know if you bothered reading your own suggestion, but Hackshield isn't mentioned once in there.

(yeah i realised when i posted haha my bad, but i for me it wasn't hacksheild messing up xD

Esuna
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
As for the suggestion of updating, many of us said we tried the troubleshooting page's suggestions. I tried that. The little Hackshield pop up with a loading thing only comes up for a fraction of a second no matter if I do it manually or if Glyph does it (and yes I tried running it as admin too). And then it vanishes and opens a new tab with the troubleshooting page.

Airien
07-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Nearly 15 years of gaming and never once experienced the blue screen crash...until today...multiple times...still until this minute.

Have played RIFT since beta, both on laptop and this PC, never had an even remotely similar problem.

Every time I attempt to play the game it freezes and my PC crashes, forcing a restart every time.

Game is getting uninstalled immediately. Was worth a try, but not worth risking the safety of my PC or power supply.

Sent an email to support over 8 hours ago and of course no response (never expected one considering the burden they are dealing with from this fiasco of a closed beta).

Wish you folks the best, will be back when it goes F2P (said the same for ESO [will be F2P soon] as well as Wildstar [still opine it will be F2P soon])

Been with Trion since the beginning and I have learned what to expect, sorry for those of you that are new around these parts.

Bel Geode
07-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Have you tried going into the Hsheild folder and updating it? its in the Archeage folder with Hsheild then look for HSupdate

Yes... multiple times. Tried running it as admin, tried compatibility as XP SP2 and even SP3. Removed the ASC folder and restarted the comp, then updated HSUpdate as admin...

nope, nope, nope. Problem persists.

Esuna
07-18-2014, 12:57 AM
I really really hope this gets fixed. I don't want to attempt a reinstall, it took 13 hours to download. :(

Fraggles
07-18-2014, 01:08 AM
I tested everything inc reinstalling the whole game and glyph itself NOTHING works. I still only see a green Map for a short time then nothing. Good beta start ...

Gozos
07-18-2014, 01:13 AM
nice company........ me and more ppl waiting 7+ hours for fixed this ***** problem

Fasti
07-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Hey all!

I am reporting this issue getting by Hackshield to the team for you, so please bear with me. If any of you have tried the game again, and now it is working, let us know. For those of you who are able to do so, try completely uninstalling your anti-virus application temporarily. With it completely removed, restart your PC and try the game again.

If the issue continues, let us know.

Thanks!

Gozos
07-18-2014, 01:43 AM
Wait we have to play this game without anti-virus untill it will get fixed or it will be resolved ?

Fasti
07-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Try getting into the game with no AV software installed. If it works, we know the cause and that helps us pinpoint a fix. Once the game is launching, feel free to install your AV application again.

For one on one assistance getting up and running, you can submit a ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) to our support team and they will work with you further.

Esuna
07-18-2014, 01:51 AM
I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, restarted my pc, and it still doesn't work. :/

By the way, should the "Update" folder in the "hshield" folder be empty? Mine is.
1:58 AM, tired now. -_-

Gozos
07-18-2014, 02:00 AM
i have this error in HSUpChk.txt [ 2014/ 7/18 - 11:58:49:217] [AHNHSUPDA] AU_RV 0x27dc in 0xc060000

Esuna you?

Skyrant
07-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Are you serious? Installing HackShield which is a backdoor and Trojan and then asking us to disable Antivirus? You and your company should be sued for endangering peoples PC's.

You can't even create your own security for the game and use 3rd party trojan software that is known to cause more problems than it solves and makes every PC it is installed on vulnerable.

Gozos
07-18-2014, 04:03 AM
so GM Fasti any news ?? i am here 14 hours and waiting for nothing!!!!!

(and not only me i think)

Fasti
07-18-2014, 04:15 AM
I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, restarted my pc, and it still doesn't work. :/

By the way, should the "Update" folder in the "hshield" folder be empty? Mine is.
1:58 AM, tired now. -_-

I have quite a few files and folders in my hshield folder, so it definitely appears something is blocking Hackshield from installing.

Something you can try is making a copy of your Beta folder and placing it in your Documents folder, or somewhere you can access it from another user account. Then, sign out of Windows and create a new Super Admin account (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1737). Install Glyph on this other user, then point the Glyph settings on this new user account to the location of your duplicate copy of the Beta folder.

Doing this will help determine if it is a permissions error of some kind. If the game works on this version, check your hshield folder again. if you see more files, copy this folder and replace your hshield folder from the primary Window user account.

I hope this helps. If it does, feel free to delete that second user account at any time.

echo
07-18-2014, 05:46 AM
New admin user doesnt work. Nothing works. I paid 50€ for nothing? Fix this ****!!

Kal El
07-18-2014, 05:52 AM
Tried this as well. No success

Bel Geode
07-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Give me more options Trion... so far your batting average here is zero on a fix for me.

ir0nfist
07-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Same issue. Game crashes without error to web page regarding hack shield. This is on two separate PCs. You guys should really use your own protection mechanisms. So, let's westernize the protection software as well. What do you say?

Esuna
07-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I have quite a few files and folders in my hshield folder, so it definitely appears something is blocking Hackshield from installing.

Something you can try is making a copy of your Beta folder and placing it in your Documents folder, or somewhere you can access it from another user account. Then, sign out of Windows and create a new Super Admin account (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1737). Install Glyph on this other user, then point the Glyph settings on this new user account to the location of your duplicate copy of the Beta folder.

Doing this will help determine if it is a permissions error of some kind. If the game works on this version, check your hshield folder again. if you see more files, copy this folder and replace your hshield folder from the primary Window user account.

I hope this helps. If it does, feel free to delete that second user account at any time.

I've got an easier way. My brother's game is working, I'll just have him give me a copy of his "hshield" folder and paste it over mine and see how that goes. Besides, there is no reason I would be lacking permissions on my own computer. When my brother installed windows on it and everything he made me the admin, since there is no reason you should have restricted rights on your OWN PC.

But my internet is pretty crazy. My wireless locked up once during the beta download, and most ports are blocked so if it uses non-htps-whatever ports I have to use a proxifier. So I'll just grab a copy of my brother's "hshield" folder. I'll tell you guys if it works, though it doesn't help any of you does it? What is the point of software that causes more problems than it possibly solves...

Esuna
07-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok that didn't work, but while tinkering we figured out the issue.

I have to use a proxifier to be able to connect to game servers, so I use widecap.

Widecap causes Internet Explorer to be broken.

Hackshield needs Internet Explorer working in order to work.

Removing Widecap fixes IE, which allows Hackshield to update and take me to splash screen and cinematics.

Without Widecap, I can't connect to servers anyway. (And I apparently ctd in cinematics too!)

Does anyone know of a proxy program that works with Internet Explorer?

Or better yet, Trion, don't make Hackshield rely solely on whether Internet Explorer is working or not! Seriously.

Freygrin
07-18-2014, 05:00 PM
HackShield is a 3rd party product leveraged by XLGames. Personally think it is junk... but I won't say more, people are already outraged.

Skyrant
07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
That is not the problem, I have IE 11 newest version and it is working, no proxy but the game just exits to the webpage every 5 minutes. The game is broken and using HackShield is ♥♥♥♥ any way because it NEVER stopped any hackers or boters. The service is useless.

Onefifty
07-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Hello guys, here's some info from Alpha.

I tried everything suggested on the tech support page, I also had 3 weeks worth of communication with tech support trying something different each time. I re-installed 5 times.

The team offered me a refund as they couldn't fix the hackshield issue.

I'm sat on the sidelines awaiting a fix.

Blaqklight
07-18-2014, 09:29 PM
You guys aren't alone. I'm suffering the same issue and nothing on support seems to help. I've almost given up.

Esuna
07-18-2014, 10:27 PM
I am considering the VPN option my brother suggested that might be the only chance left. He mentioned there might be latency issues. I am interpreting that as potential lagging. :/
But if it works, lagging might be better than not playing at all. Too bad it might look like I am in Amsterdam. :/

I had the luck to get a Beta Event 1 key, only to have already missed 2 out of 5 days of beta because of Hackshield. And according to another thread, Hackshield is malware in itself. Scary.

Why does a game that looks great have to come with a program that only does harm and brings no benefit?

Skyrant
07-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Still no fix for the HackShield ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥? Get to work Trion and remove this piece of ♥♥♥♥ software!

Bel Geode
07-19-2014, 11:15 AM
I got the beta to work... BUT... I had to uninstall AVG antivirus, AND disable my firewall.

Is this really necessary, when no other game I play has these workarounds?

Esuna
07-19-2014, 01:33 PM
If Hackshield could connect through another browser besides Internet Explorer, I wouldn't have this problem. :/
Hackshield needs IE.
IE can't work while Widecap is on my computer.
But I NEED widecap.

Take away hackshield's dependance on IE, and that would fix that. Or take away Hackshield entirely and so many more people are happy.

This sucks. Day 3 out of 5 already. Why does it have to use IE? Why?!

clear
07-19-2014, 03:44 PM
One quick point that may or may not be helpful. I installed Archeage to the root of a drive (D:\). Glyph worked, but Archeage wouldn't execute at all. I moved game_pak, history and bin32 into a subfolder D:\Archeage, pointed Glyph there, and got the game to run.

Esuna
07-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Well, seeing as this is a thread about Hackshield not working and not a thread about the game not launching, no it's not.
ArcheAge won't execute until Hackshield runs successfully. Our hackshields are failing and directing us to a troubleshooting page for it. (and none of the troubleshooting tips have worked)

My problem specifically, which unfortunately even if I fixed it wouldn't help anyone else due to my messed up internet situation, is that Hackshield is failing due to my broken IE (Hackshield connects via IE). But the only way I can connect to game servers and play means keeping my IE broken. So as long as Hackshield uses IE and remains packaged with ArcheAge, there is a good chance I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY. Unless I get my own seperate internet line to my house which I can't afford.

Skyrant
07-19-2014, 11:49 PM
It is not IE. My IE works and HackShield still fails every 5 minutes. I will most certainly not uninstall AntiVirus or Firewall when EVERY other game works with them. They better fix this or they will be in deep trouble when this game launches.

But maybe they don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about a few customers seeing as the game is a money grab that is trying to extract the maximum amount of money from it's players by limiting EVERYTHING, even mob drops to Labor points which you have to pay for.

bluesatin
07-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Potential Fix

I had this issue and I managed to fix it by resetting my Internet Explorer settings.

My internet explorer would take ages to load up, I've no idea what caused it or when that started happening so I'm not 100% sure it's related.

However, resetting my Internet Explorer settings seemed to fix my IE taking ages to load and Hackshield not connecting properly. Here's the Microsoft Support article on how to reset your IE settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Hopefully that'll fix it for other people as well. :D

Fasti
07-20-2014, 02:48 AM
Potential Fix

I had this issue and I managed to fix it by resetting my Internet Explorer settings.

My internet explorer would take ages to load up, I've no idea what caused it or when that started happening so I'm not 100% sure it's related.

However, resetting my Internet Explorer settings seemed to fix my IE taking ages to load and Hackshield not connecting properly. Here's the Microsoft Support article on how to reset your IE settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

I'm glad this got you up and running. If anyone else finds this helps with their Hackshield issue, let us know.

Otherwise, make sure you have submitted tickets (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) to our support team so we can work with you each one on one to get this resolved.

Khaot
07-20-2014, 05:55 AM
I've spent all week working with Trion to figure out how to fix t his, nothing has worked. Hinted at wanting a refund and they responded with in minutes telling me my refund has been granted. It's great to see that they are so quick to drop people that have this problem, instead of fixing their program so we all can enjoy it. You're other games don't use HackShield so why put it on this one? Get rid of it, and everyone will be happy.

Skyrant
07-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Potential Fix

Does not fix anything. Still crashes after 5 minutes every time.

Heiky
07-21-2014, 03:13 AM
Look, after I had played a little and logged out, my Hshield was closing and sending me to the support page after 5 sec every time. I opened a ticket and who answered that didn't even read the ticket just the title I suppose. So I asked a friend to upload his hshield folder from a fresh downloaded ArcheAge client, I pasted his folder inside my bin32 folder replacing the older one, and it worked for me. I made a 'hshield' backup folder, to assure me that I will always have a 'virgin' ArcheAge Hshield folder.

Have you tried to do that? Replace your 'hshield' folder with a new one?

Skyrant
07-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Look, after I had played a little and logged out, my Hshield was closing and sending me to the support page after 5 sec every time. I opened a ticket and who answered that didn't even read the ticket just the title I suppose. So I asked a friend to upload his hshield folder from a fresh downloaded ArcheAge client, I pasted his folder inside my bin32 folder replacing the older one, and it worked for me. I made a 'hshield' backup folder, to assure me that I will always have a 'virgin' ArcheAge Hshield folder.

Have you tried to do that? Replace your 'hshield' folder with a new one?

I am not jumping through hoops just because these ******s are not able to provide a working software. This is the worst i have seen and the GM and support are complete idiots that should not work in the IT industry suggesting to completely uninstall AntiVirus. What a bunch of monkeys.

WreatchST
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Have this same issue now, but only after trying to get my three monitor setupworking, which i did, after 5 hours, only to find out that hackshield doesnt like the dll i added to get it to work. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Fix this.

Using softth

KotaWolf
07-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I have had a very aggravating issue with a program called HackShield Pro and because of this program have been unable to play, and now the Beta is over. I have looked up every possible solution from deleting a 'asc' folder,running as administrator, uninstalling and re-installing, un-adding and re adding to the things accepted through the firewall list, to un-checking settings under my LAN settings and nothing seems to work. I'm not even able to log in, Hackshield loads up at the bottom right of my screen reappears in the middle of my screen and then disappears again. Archeage appears on my task bar but promptly disappears. I have just submitted my second tickket to Trion, hopefully they can do something this time.

ir0nfist
07-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Still an issue in CBT 2 and my support ticket goes unanswered from July 17.

Neario
07-30-2014, 06:22 PM

same here. I did manage to create a toon and to load into the game, but even then you crash out.
Curiously I dont get the website though.

have tried all solutions on the site anyway.. reinstalling now
offcourse I just saw the solution about making a new user on your pc... so if it wont work after reinstall I will try that

ir0nfist
07-31-2014, 10:04 AM
I figured out what was causing this for me. If you are running Process Hacker as your task manager, it is falsely flagged because of "Hacker" in the name. Slick detection method right?? YEAH. After figuring out the cause for me I googled and came up with this, copy paste from Process Hacker forums.
---------------
Process Hacker uses a kernel-mode driver, KProcessHacker, to assist with certain functionality - this driver will remain loaded (but inactive) after PH has exited - like all kernel drivers.

HackShield decided to block KProcessHacker because they are too ******ed to actually block the cheats so they go after things with hacker in the program name (and continue to block software for imaginary reasons after you contact them and they review the source)...

To solve all the HackShield ******ation... you can disable the driver and prevent it from being initially loaded by doing the following: open Process Hacker > click Options > click the Advanced tab, untick the 'Enable kernel-mode driver' option and finally apply to save the settings - after you've done this, just reboot to unload the driver and it'll remain disabled until the option is enabled (and you've restarted again) ;)

However the following functionality will become unavailable without the driver:
* Bypassing rootkits and some security software in limited ways
* More powerful process and thread termination
* Setting DEP status of processes
* Capturing kernel-mode stack traces
* More efficiently enumerating process handles
* Retrieving names for file handles
* Retrieving names for EtwRegistration objects
* Setting handle attributes

The alternative to disabling KProcessHacker is rebuilding the PH source to remove the handle/string their detecting and blocking as others have done.
-----------------

So, the quick solution besides uninstalling (which I'm not willing to do), if this is the cause of your problem, in Process Hacker go into Options and on the Advanced tab, ensure "Enable kernel-mode driver" is not checked. You MAY need to restart your pc after this change, I'm not sure. Then, while playing the game, Process Hacker can't be running.

ArcheMaj
10-19-2014, 12:32 PM
I was suffering from this problem as well, and @ir0nfist's solution got me to thinking. After playing around for quite awhile with various startup programs I figured out that it was an AutoHotKey script I use that was stopping the game from starting. The dufus' at HShield probably figure that the only reason to run this scripting system is for game hacks, when in fact I use it for a number of perfectly good Admin tasks on my PC.

At any rate, I also have a couple of scripts that I have compiled to run as Administrator at startup. HShield doesn't complain about those so I just compiled my other script and now the game launches without issue. Meaning that HShield is too dumb to recognize an even more dangerous hack than a simple script.

Hope this helps someone else. I'm betting most of the people having problems are running some startup program that HShield thinks is "dangerous."

Kicek
10-20-2014, 12:04 PM
I did play in open beta, or after official launch and I've tried few days ago. Since then I have the same problem. After I hit play in Glyph at the bottom right corner I see a hackshield with a loading bar at 1/10 then it vanishes without any progress and game launches. After few minutes game closes and I'm send to desktop then browser opens: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...heme/archeage/
There is no other information about any errors or file problems. I've tried all solutions from troubleshooting page and few more that I could find on Archeage forums. Last night I did reainstall whole Glyph and Archeage with reg cleaning. After installation I made an exception for a whole Glyph forlder and files in my antivir. I've set Glyph, Archeage and Hackshield in run as administrator mode and tried to update Hackshiel manualy with "hsupdate". It did update with a whole progress bar. After that I've hit play, hackshield showed up again with 1/10 progress bar and vanished, game launched but after few minutes game closes and I'm send to desktop then browser opens: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...heme/archeage/

Ichuan
11-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm having the same problem as Kicek here since the last update. Did you / anyone ever find a fix? I've tried all the suggestions so far with no luck. I'm gonna be another who has to ask for a refund / quit the game. :(