PDA

View Full Version : Artistry / Bard Class

Voom
03-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi Everyone!

I've never played the Korean or Russian version. I played DDO for a while I really enjoyed their Bard Class as well as their Melee-Healer.

How do Bards/Artisty Tree fare in Arche Age? Are they valuable for the dungeon content? Groups? PVP?
I'm more excited about the Farming & Exploring features, so I really don't mind just playing a buff bot.

Can you solo-quests if you major in Artistry? Most of the skills seem like buffs and debuffs. I think out of all the trees I've seen on the skill calculator it might be my favorite. I was thinking of doing an Artisty/Will/Devotion split.

KeksX
03-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Artistry is just one skilltree, you gotta combine it with other trees. That being said, Artistry is a really useful support tree, I'm using it myself on my priest builds.

Fook
03-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't think Artistry is too sustainable by itself; you should combine it with at least one more tree. I've seen Necromancy, Conjury and Artistry work pretty damn well together for a long range mage

Voom
03-21-2014, 09:29 PM
I watched the Stream today and when they opened the skill tree I saw:

shadow play, defense, witchcraft, occultism, archery, sorcery, songcraft, vitalism

So maybe an Songcraft/Witchcraft/Vitality mix.

ApocaRUFF
03-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Combine Artistry with Devotion and then throw in some sort of tree that will give you some decent damage-dealing capabilities and you have yourself a good support build. Can't really go wrong with it, honestly.

Preacher
03-22-2014, 02:54 AM
Bards are absolutely necessary in mass pvp, group pve where there is around 10 characters or more.

They are also damn boring, since you cant do anything during singing the songs. You dont get nonor and kills in pvp, you just click the same songs over and over and over and over and over...

You can build pvp/duelling bard, but it defeats the purpose of Bard - to be group buffer, having songs up at all times.

In PvE bards are only useful in groups more than 10.
In PvP as well.
Real Bard litterally plays 1 tree - the rest for survivability, making best bard build defence/artistry/ressistance.
Many take bard tree for mages to get higher criticals, but those are not true bards.
You can make duelling bard in cloth, with hypnocism - but its pretty pointless.

Bard is most unthankful and most needed proffession in the game. Even healers have more variety and can do more things inbetween healing - bard cant.

Pedro
03-22-2014, 04:44 AM
I play Bard in the Russian server, the only problem I see, and he does not stand alone and is necessary to have another tree to help build a sustainable stay.

Miss the Bard of ragnarok: (

~~Darkwatch

KeksX
03-22-2014, 04:48 AM
The Bard in Ragnarok was completely useless and just used for his XP song on 2nd and 3rd accounts. The Bard in ArcheAge is a LOT better!

Kuro1n
03-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Depending on what you wish to do,artistry, devotion and protection / will for support or go burst mage + support, magic, artistry and calling for example.

KeksX
03-22-2014, 04:54 AM
Yeah, for example I'm using Devotion / Artistry / Conjury atm, can exchange Conjury for Will. Both GREAT support specs!

Pedro
03-22-2014, 05:33 AM
The Bard in Ragnarok was completely useless and just used for his XP song on 2nd and 3rd accounts. The Bard in ArcheAge is a LOT better!

Don't talk that way about beloved :((
But I agree that some of the bard songs in this game are very op's :p

Viciskander
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM
I play currently in russia a monk, is death, Artistry and devotion. 1v1 is quite strong, does good dmg, can be played as a healer in groups fight and has very good CC.
leveling even that is easy

is recommended

Voom
03-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Bards are absolutely necessary (snip)

Bard is most unthankful and most needed proffession in the game. Even healers have more variety and can do more things inbetween healing - bard cant.

That is both good and bad news to hear :) But to be honest I was expecting that. It was similar to the type of role I'm familiar associating with a "Bard" type class: very powerful, greatly appreciated buffs at the cost of little utility. That is actually fine for me, too! I specifically wanted to do either Bard or Healer because I'm used to that type of playing, it's easy to find groups when I want to Pve or Pvp, and can spend the majority of my time exploring or crafting.

I play currently in russia a monk, is death, Artistry and devotion. 1v1 is quite strong, does good dmg, can be played as a healer in groups fight and has very good CC.

is recommended

That's the specific build I was looking at, the Monk - but not sure if "Witchcraft" was Death/Necromancy or Occultism was.

Also, the "Instrument" You use, is that taking up your Weapon slot?
So you wouldn't be able to sing + melee, for example?

Yammy
03-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Artistry goes great with other Skill Trees, if you're planning on having some support with your class. Goes great with a mage type class such as Sorcery being able to dish out damage, yet still being able to get some buffs and heals out to your teams. The thing about Artistry is it works good when you have other people with you. One of the HEALS it has it bounces of different people to heal for more. So if you have a mount our or a combat pet, it will bounce off them and heal you and your pet and then back to heal you and your pet again. They also have a great Mana / Health Regen song to help your group/raid. As well as other stuff such as speed buff and etc, that get better as you get higher.

It's always nice having a little bit of support with your character you never know when you might have to throw out some emergency heals or some buffs.

aphelion
03-22-2014, 09:29 AM

is recommended

I had looked at Artistry through the skill calc a while back and saw that most of the spells seem to be support for others in the party. Do you get enough solo buffs when you 1v1 or are there a lot Artistry skills you only use when teamed?

Viciskander
03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
in 1v1 you hold most opponents in the cc

this is my RU Build: http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=411101100001010119011101010100000081111110 000000101

following rotation: riff (Stun) > Chord (Fear) - Discord -> Energyarrow > grip of death (Stun)
^^ greatly simplified

when Discord goes up and the last passive Artistry from the tree is active, the skin probably know half away even more of the opponent's HP.

The only classes prepare me there is problem of the apostles and the bodyguard. has two reasons
1 the will tree and the multi Blink with which opponents of the reach blink. There they heal up and grab new to.
2 the bodyguard because I rather run out of mana before I can defeat him

aphelion
03-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for linking your build. It's good to know artistry is useful when soloing and isn't just a buff bot for others.

Any good reference for CCs, like what fear does, etc?

Looking at the skill calculator, I don't know what all the icons are so I'm not sure what the combos are when you mouse over the skill.

Viciskander
03-22-2014, 06:03 PM
this is easy

see the skill "Riff" in the Artistry Tree. This skill stunt the opponent for 2 sek and give the buff impulse (my name for this buff is charming :D)
see the skill "discord" .. when the opponent have buff impulse make the discord 37% more dmg

this is synthesis and you find this with many skills. -> abilities to induce synthesis by additional skills. i hope google translate this korrekt :D

aphelion
03-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Yep, I got that part. I just meant does anyone know if there is a resource that matches CC name to the icon for reference because when I roll over a skill that has a combo effect, I'm not always sure what the icon is for.

Anyways, thanks again for the info, I will check for the icons on archeage source.

Aranazel
03-23-2014, 01:44 PM
I wanted to aks you guys how the songs actually sound. I mean do they are like a quick cast, or an actual melody which lasts as long as you play it? and one more thing: do all songs sound the same way or are they different? cause i think it would be fun to hear every song have it's own melody. if they were sounding interesting i would probably pick a bard tree just to be a RP musician ;P (sorry for my english)

aphelion
03-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I can't answer the specifics of how the songs sound as I haven't played yet, but they did mention in Trion's stream that you can compose music in this game though I don't believe it has anything to do with the Bard class.

SilverCrest
03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I can't answer the specifics of how the songs sound as I haven't played yet, but they did mention in Trion's stream that you can compose music in this game though I don't believe it has anything to do with the Bard class.

yes, you are right, it has nothing to do with bard class. This songs you can write by yourself, with every class and they give some buffs.

found a video for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbdeoGLSYo

Preacher
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Each Bard channeled song is actual separate melody. You can play them all at once, maintaining 4 at once - you hear the melody of the one you casted last. During singing you cant do anything else without interaptug it except for charm/stun ability (which debufss enemy strongly if you sing channeling songs).

After a while you`ll be happy there is option to disable bard songs sounds :)

Neraka
03-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Haha I agree!

aphelion
03-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks for tracking down the video, SilverCrest.

I'm going to pass it onto a friend who is not a real hardcore MMO person but has played some and likes sandbox elements. He's also a musician, so that helps, too.

yuyu
03-23-2014, 10:06 PM
I wanted to aks you guys how the songs actually sound. I mean do they are like a quick cast, or an actual melody which lasts as long as you play it? and one more thing: do all songs sound the same way or are they different? cause i think it would be fun to hear every song have it's own melody. if they were sounding interesting i would probably pick a bard tree just to be a RP musician ;P (sorry for my english)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oco0PFhmpzw&feature=youtu.be

Aranazel
03-24-2014, 04:12 AM
Thank you guys for your replies and for the videos :D i think artisty looks (and sounds) pretty awesome. And the song composing <3. I can't wait to play my favourite songs inside the game :D I thought about something like that someday but never thought they will actually do something like that. I am so excited to play the game.

Toyaga
03-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Pure Bard is insanely boring to play. Press 4 buttons, watch the timers, repeat. Prepare yourself.

Aranazel
03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
You're probably right but i think it has a good side: if you are the leader or tactician (i am not talking about myself right now) you can easily observe everything including every party member's status and give orders to everyone. but that will only work in an organized group.

Grey
03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
I have a bard on Rift that is great, decent damage, small enough heals to get by, and a great amount of buffs and rebuffs help a lot in PvP, I also hope this is like Lotro, with an instrument as your weapon.

Sekkusu
03-25-2014, 01:40 AM
I have a bard on Rift that is great, decent damage, small enough heals to get by, and a great amount of buffs and rebuffs help a lot in PvP, I also hope this is like Lotro, with an instrument as your weapon.

Something like this perhaps?

Praetorian (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=411101100100010012011000100110011080111100 011000110)

Nueshak
05-21-2014, 11:21 AM
I had artistry/songcraft up until level 20 then switched for this primary reason...it had really bad synergy with Archery (as it does with most DPS skillsets). From what I see with it Songcraft as it stands now is TOO interdependent on itself; meaning that to get the full benift of the class you are stuck constantly playing songs. Granted these are some of of the most powerful buffs in the game but they require a big sacrifice from your other skills to make that happen.

Like most folk said, best way to roll a Bard is almost like a support tank. Songcraft/Defense/Vitalism would make you nearly unkillable in a 1v1 scenario and an amazing mobile buff tank for group PVP. Possibly one of the best "turtle" builds in the game.

Batiatari
05-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Artistry/Will/Protection - buff bot, high vit, high armor - best for pvp
Artistry/Will/Conjury - buff bot with more control, piano - good for pvp (5vs5 - 15vs15)

all other bards is suck.

ecko
05-21-2014, 01:28 PM
is running a bard in smaller-moderate scale PVP even worth it? the only way I can really see it working is with another pure healer, two more dps classes of the same type, and another healer or dps, so for example a 5 man comp would be something like this.

1 bard: committed to buffing the group and stunning/debuffing the MA's target, or possibly stunning healers at crucial points.
1 healer: healing ♥♥♥♥
2 DPS: killing ♥♥♥♥ tgoether
1 floating DPS or healer: depending on the class, it would be assisting the MA or helping with heals

i don't have enough group experience or experience with bards to know for sure if this is good or not, but on paper it seems to make sense. i think in arenas it would be better to just run another dps or healer, but open field and against bigger numbers the buffs/speed may be more effective. would love to discuss this with someone who has run this kind of comp or at least someone who regularly pvps (at 50) as a bard with success.

Ruse
05-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Artistry/Will/Protection - buff bot, high vit, high armor - best for pvp
Artistry/Will/Conjury - buff bot with more control, piano - good for pvp (5vs5 - 15vs15)

all other bards is suck.

What do you mean by "piano"?

Legion
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Bards are absolutely necessary in mass pvp, group pve where there is around 10 characters or more.

They are also damn boring, since you cant do anything during singing the songs. You dont get nonor and kills in pvp, you just click the same songs over and over and over and over and over...

You can build pvp/duelling bard, but it defeats the purpose of Bard - to be group buffer, having songs up at all times.

In PvE bards are only useful in groups more than 10.
In PvP as well.
Real Bard litterally plays 1 tree - the rest for survivability, making best bard build defence/artistry/ressistance.
Many take bard tree for mages to get higher criticals, but those are not true bards.
You can make duelling bard in cloth, with hypnocism - but its pretty pointless.

At least one useful post from all this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, Devition with artistry hell no ******s
http://funnygasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Oh-Hell-No.jpg