PDA

View Full Version : "The gods have disconnected you."

Ric Adbur
07-17-2014, 12:01 PM
So I opened the game for the first time, waited in the queue to get onto the server for about half an hour, and as soon as I finally reached the top of the queue and the game started to let me in, I got an error message that said "The gods have disconnected you. Check your network status and read any recent alerts". It happened the next couple times I tried as well, although I didn't have to wait in the queue on subsequent attempts. On my final attempt, I got the unskippable cutscene glitch others have mentioned in other threads.

My system specs would seem to be irrelevant as this isn't a graphical issue, but I should mention that I'm on a wireless connection as I saw it mentioned elsewhere that this issue may crop up on wireless connections, which would seem to me to be a fairly gigantic oversight on the part of the developers. I play plenty of online games without trouble on a wireless connection, and I see no reason that this one should be an exception.

I suppose I'd have to rate this glitch a 5 on the severity scale, since I can't even play the game at all unless I can clear it up somehow.

EDIT: Just tried again on a different server, still immediately got the message when I attempted to connect.

DromRekkin
07-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Alot of people are trying to get in, you have to expect this right a launch for any hyped up Beta launch. Be patient I'm sure you will get in soon!

Suxhi
07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
this is not good

LoganX
07-17-2014, 12:07 PM
same error here

Monkey Overlord
07-17-2014, 12:08 PM
this is not good

True but it is expected. A lot of players are forgetting this is the start of Beta. It won't run perfectly.

These players also forget that Trion more than likely expected some of these problems (full servers, crashing servers) and will be going through the necessary steps to fix them. It's all part of the development/production of a game.

Major
07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep, getting same msg. I was doing fine in-game. I hit level 6 and now I cant get back in. The gods msg is..grr. :)

yukijorou
07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
looks like they're currently adding servers and they said it would kick everyone off for a bit

Thefm
07-17-2014, 12:12 PM
I dont mind waiting to get in. I dont like getting booted everytime I try to get in. A que with a timer would be much easier.

Greyshadow
07-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Wouldn't mind if it went to an open screen rather then full close the game client.

jdm12983
Yeah, I no there will be connections issues and all. But I wish it wouldn't keep telling me "The gods disconnected you. Check your network".

Your game/network disconnected me, not mine. lol

Kift
Same here, my 24th attempt to log in and Gods keep hating on me xD

Leonage
07-17-2014, 12:17 PM
I just wish that one game company/developer would OVERACHIEVE their betas so this doesn't happen... every launch does this except about 4 that I've been apart because they overestimated on purpose... Which is good but this is just annoying... you would think that companies would learn by now.

Valkuthus
07-17-2014, 12:17 PM
I dont mind waiting to get in. I dont like getting booted everytime I try to get in. A que with a timer would be much easier.

This I agree with, I am tired of rebooting the game just to get kicked. I managed to log in at the start, played until I hit level 3. While my friend was tell me about the credits in the cash shop as I was running towards a NPC then I crashed out and this happened.

jdm12983
07-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Honestly the only thing annoying me is several of the error messages blame the players internet connection/network. Even though all this is on Trion's server side.

Celtar
07-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Same issue myself. I logged out to save my UI change settings and haven't been able to get back in. Ah well.

Edit: I strongly agree with the post below that I just cut and pasted into my post and if I could "like it" I would.

Robbie
07-17-2014, 12:22 PM
I keep getting this message as well. I managed to log in when I had to wait to get in and got as far as creating a character before this issue started happening. Yes I agree it would be nice if companies would over anticipate this, but hey they never learn lol.

Yesterknight
07-17-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure if it makes any difference but sometimes it doesn't just disconnect me from the game, It also disconnects me from the Glyph launcher entirely. Fingers crossed they'll fix it soon enough.

Izenberg
07-17-2014, 12:27 PM
I have the same problem. I switched to play on the Eu server and it works but not on US servers

Ric Adbur
07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Just tried it again, same result. It doesn't even seem to "think about it" at all, it just immediately disconnects me the second I attempt to connect.

Zukime
07-17-2014, 12:30 PM
I have the same problem. :(
I'm so excited to play.

Shammy
07-17-2014, 12:31 PM
After waiting a hour in que and then 8 mins in a endless cut screen loop lol, i now get the Disconnected from the Gods message too. :(

Kriegskind
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM
This isn't a bug...

jeremyvc
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM
don't know its doing it to me too they better give us a extra day to play beta for there mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric Adbur
07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
This isn't a bug...

How is it not? The game is clearly not working properly.

Darion
07-17-2014, 12:36 PM
I was expecting to be able to log in about 5 pm tonight at best so anything before that is nice.....

amd098
07-17-2014, 12:37 PM
This isn't a bug...

Imagine you have a car. And then you put the key in ignition and then turn it. And nothing happens. Would you now say it's not a problem?

Valkuthus
07-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Well they know about it and are working on it. But I have my doubts on this being quickly resolved.

SteveT
07-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Same problem here...

Ric Adbur
07-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Well they know about it and are working on it. But I have my doubts on this being quickly resolved.

I just can't imagine that this wasn't something that would've had to be resolved in Alpha in order for people to play.

Sharlamayne
07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Well, I got in one time, made a character, went to "confirm" the character, got disconnected.

Since then, disconnected "by the gods" or told to "check my connection" every time I try to get in.

I'll be extremely pissed if I've wasted 1/6th of my internet cap for this.

Edit: Somehow I knew there'd be issues when I saw that worthless Hackshield crap. That malware is a good reason to uninstall and forget this game on it's own.

DeathtoGnomes
07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I just can't imagine that this wasn't something that would've had to be resolved in Alpha in order for people to play.

Hold on! I've got a "Surprised Look" you can borrow.....

Lem3nt
07-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Same issue here. Fee like it's sending a request to the server to login and its timeing out. It shouldn't kick me out of game entirely though it should just place you back in server select.

Thundas
07-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Getting the same error, heard they are fixing this issue. Getting a bit tiresome at 7:50am starting a game up and then having it close on you every single time, and it repeating 10x..at least.

Hope this gets fixed soon, was hoping to be level 10 again already

Valkuthus
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Well the same problem can arise from different builds of the game. Man I don't even know how many "duty finder" issues in Final Fantasy XIV there were at launch and that was through multiple patches. Trion here is hotfixing from the seat of their pants trying to get this event going for everyone. I am not surprised anymore when games don't run, most of us have accepted that this is the trails games go through to become "complete". It's like one other guy said in another thread "Internal Testing has become a thing of the past."

Lovelessesbutterfly
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
It took two hours to download and this message is stopping me from even making a character... it says the servers are up so why can't i get in? I'm starting to really get frustrated with this. I was hoping to be able to play before i got in for work. But now i don't think that's possible.

slayers2
07-17-2014, 12:58 PM
the gods duck was in crashed now the gods are inferring time to kick the gods in the As$# and fix the problem if the problem was me i wouldn't e able to writethid

Samanthe79
07-17-2014, 01:00 PM
I just got the same message about the God's and then am having to restart. Bumpy beginning, but it isn't meant to be perfect.

LamerGamer
07-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I've been getting this alert for a while now. I decided to go off and do something else, and when I came back to try and get on, my game doesn't even make it past the Trion intro splash, it just crashes in the middle of that with no alert.

I understand this is a beta, but it's really stupid to hold a beta test where nobody can test the beta.

Ric Adbur
07-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah it's just frustrating because we already get such a limited amount of time to try the game out and now it's looking like the whole first day is going to be wasted.

DromRekkin
07-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah it's just frustrating because we already get such a limited amount of time to try the game out and now it's looking like the whole first day is going to be wasted.

Oh no! and where will the game go next week, and the week after that!

valestorm
07-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Welcome to beta. Please have a seat and enjoy.

KainRacure
07-17-2014, 02:16 PM
I am still getting this error even after the update....

Scapes
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
I am still getting this error even after the update....

Please try restarting the ArcheAge client.

Carstman
07-17-2014, 02:22 PM

Having the same issue, have tried multiple restarts of the Glyph. The Archeage client closes upon the error of "The gods have disconnected you.", so that goes without saying.

Newbix

Does nothing. It's authentication issue again.

Bancross

I am having same issue would be nice to have a que, reopening game every time is crazy.

Plus the game starts out minimised as well, not sure that is a intended feature or not.

IronDragoon
07-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Done this many times, still getting the disconnect message.

NyteWytch
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Restarted pc and client and still getting dc'd when attempting to connect to Aranzeb.

TheEntilza
07-17-2014, 02:29 PM
I get this every time I try to log in, no matter what server I pick. I haven't actually SEEN the character generation screen, let alone gotten in game yet.

Q_Q

I'm going back to WoW.

DaMook
07-17-2014, 02:29 PM
keep getting the same message every time I log in.

Grumble
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Getting this error as well. i got to level 10 and just came back after the restart.

KainRacure
07-17-2014, 02:33 PM

I did that, still getting the issue.

I would elaborate that JUST after the servers came back it was all good, got on the server, was making a character and then I tabbed out and there was a graphical glitch where the screen went black and all i could see was the cursor then it went all twitchy and was acting like it was resizing the screen over and over. I had to close the process to get it to stop and then I tried reconnecting and got the Gods disconnected me error.

I am going to make a separate thread for that bug however.

lostinspace
07-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Similar issues.

One thing I notice is that, starting up the Alpha, I get the windows prompt to allow the archeage program to have admin access. It goes through just fine. When I try starting up the Beta, I don't get prompt. The gods disconnect me upon trying to log into a server.

lostinspace
07-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Additional wrinkle: I can log in to the EU servers just fine. It's the NA servers that have the persistent Gods have disconnected you message.

Ryuken
07-17-2014, 02:38 PM
First time I have logged in was today and immediately got the "gods have disconnected you" message. Can't get on either of the two servers I saw listed and just kept getting that message and then booted back to desktop. I am not a fan of these gods.

Vocks
07-17-2014, 02:41 PM
The gods are cruel. They have forsaken us!

I have tried running Glyph and Archage as admin, still same result. Hopefully we can get this problem figured out soon. Goodluck guys keep us updated!

iDeadZ
07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Finished making my character and getting the same issue.. gahh At least i made it that far

KainRacure
07-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Similar issues.

One thing I notice is that, starting up the Alpha, I get the windows prompt to allow the archeage program to have admin access. It goes through just fine. When I try starting up the Beta, I don't get prompt. The gods disconnect me upon trying to log into a server.

I have started the game as administrator and it does not solve the issue.

Drakone
07-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Restarted computer, everything, still getting this when I click the server. Not getting the same issue on Alpha.

Nickwyk
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Same problem. We need a solution please.

Wyse
07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
still happening

Zarzelius
07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Still the same.Is sad because i can play perfectly on the EU server but not on the US. So what is the deal now? im getting really tired of waiting for something that a lot of people payed real money for.

kisa
07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
it seems to be working now *-*

Bravo6
07-17-2014, 03:04 PM
System still seems to have problems, have been able to make a character but keep getting disconnected after a couple of minutes on, when it lets me get on at all. Got a friend here with the same problem, gets disconnected upon hitting the connect button or just after getting logged on. Either way we can not play.

Scapes
07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
We were experiencing some sporadic disconnections earlier. Please try logging again now.

Grumble
07-17-2014, 03:31 PM
its working for me now, thanks.

tinyturtles
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
still getting this bug.
Right before it happened I was in the credits shop which lagged out, becoming unable to be closed so I tried going to character selection screen but the client froze at that point. I then force-closed AA's process and restarted the game, leading to this bug.

Stonesolid
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Eh maybe it's random.

Brawn
07-21-2014, 09:01 AM
i logged out to character selection screen and the game crashed. when i hit play now, i get to the server selection screen. i hit connect and i get the "the gods have disconnected you" message after a few seconds so now i cant log in. Also the game switched from fullscreen to windowed mode after the crash. now i get to the trion intro i hit esc to bypass it and i get an "authentication failed" message. And now its "login failed support unavailable" message.

Voom
07-21-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm still unable to log in

Ulricky
07-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Last time I tried to play, the game closed after i selected a character. I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded then re installed Now it tells me i have been disconnected by the gods when I try to select a server. No fixes that i have seen for either one of these issues. Getting kinda worried.

Voom
07-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Last time I tried to play, the game closed after i selected a character. I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded then re installed Now it tells me i have been disconnected by the gods when I try to select a server. No fixes that i have seen for either one of these issues. Getting kinda worried.

This is a temporary issue as they Fix the servers.

Ulricky
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM
I loading screen crash (exit or what ever you want to call it) happened last week. I tried get past it for 2 days. then tried to re-install today. Don't know what to do at this point. LOL