PDA

View Full Version : Ollo (NA) Server Crash: 3/24/15 at 4:45 PM PDT (GMT-7)

Scapes
03-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Adventurers,

The Ollo (NA) server has crashed and we're in the process of getting it back online.

We'll keep this thread updated with the latest information. Sorry for the unexpected downtime!

Lexbo
03-24-2015, 05:00 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRFRwkDsog

Marth671
03-24-2015, 05:01 PM
TT6 and Untamed Lined up their tractors and waited for the daily reset announcement to ddos the server to kill the library boss competition.

Lexbo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRFRwkDsog

how the heck do I embed a video damn it

MoiraiAionia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0

pkr4
So Ollo is down so decided to switch to my EU toon and Glyph wants to reinstall entire 8GB download and guildmates are having same issue. Should we go ahead and do this or when Ollo is back up the problem will be fixed as well

KobaltBlue
03-24-2015, 05:02 PM
haha nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cammo
03-24-2015, 05:03 PM
So Ollo is down so decided to switch to my EU toon and Glyph wants to reinstall entire 8GB download and guildmates are having same issue. Should we go ahead and do this or when Ollo is back up the problem will be fixed as well

You have to patch (redownload) due to EU still being on the last build. Wait till EU is updated to the same build as US and then you can log in.

MoiraiAionia
03-24-2015, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0

AlbertaBeefy
03-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Adventurers,

The Ollo (NA) server has crashed and we're in the process of getting it back online.

We'll keep this thread updated with the latest information. Sorry for the unexpected downtime!
... @Scapes, was just about to turn in my dailies. Gimme 5 gilda please :)

Also, why does it take so long for someone to get notified of a server outage? At our office the server guys are notified immediately . . . .

KobaltBlue
its bc EU hasnt had thier patch yet.. NA did and u loaded the path already so the patch wont work on EU server till tomorrow

pkr4
tyvm good call

Tally
03-24-2015, 05:05 PM
... @Scapes, was just about to turn in my dailies. Gimme 5 gilda please :)

Also, why does it take so long for someone to get notified of a server outage? At our office the server guys are notified immediately . . . .

How do you know they aren't immediately notified? Scapes isn't the server guy. He's just the messenger.

hawkmyg
03-24-2015, 05:13 PM
TT6 and Untamed Lined

Its <The Little Guys> not ^^

Jerbo
03-24-2015, 05:20 PM
... @Scapes, was just about to turn in my dailies. Gimme 5 gilda please

Yea, server guys are always in the server room just waiting on a server crash. NOT. Takes time to first get notified, then try and connect to the server remotely, then if that does not work you have to then go to the server room and physically verify the server. All this TAKES TIME. ;)

AlbertaBeefy
03-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Yea, server guys are always in the server room just waiting on a server crash. NOT. Takes time to first get notified, then try and connect to the server remotely, then if that does not work you have to then go to the server room and physically verify the server. All this TAKES TIME. ;)
Pfft, you and your "TAKES TIME" ...

Server guy sits on his ♥♥♥ at home, gets message, opens laptop, connects remotely to the server remote access controller firmware, restarts the thing, boom - up and running in like 2 minutes, services starting shortly thereafter ...

Unless there's a physical problem that requires going to the server, it can be incredibly quick with a well-designed system and people that know what they're doing.

Also ...

http://i.imgur.com/Fnd8CFk.jpg

timeZ
03-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Just create another folder in your ArcheAche directory and choose that one only for the EU server (Glyph-> Settings -> Archeage -> Live)
For example: Glyph\Games\Archeage\EU\Live
After going back to NA server just switch it back to the the "normal" directory.
Its the same procedure as chosing a folder for the PTS.

Stalop
03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Get your Steam Gift Card at http://steamgifts.eu/ It really works!