PDA

View Full Version : Use for vocation badges

0n0w1c
03-26-2015, 06:14 AM
I would like to see something added to the game and I think they would be a great use of vocation badges... a sowing implement for the farm wagon/hauler. It would either sow the entire plot. Have seeds on hand, click an icon and pretso, the plot planted... kind of like the watering the attachment.

Or heck, even a whole new item to buy/build... I figure many folks would want this.

Siobhan
03-27-2015, 05:29 AM
I use my badges all the time in making/selling bundles. Funny thing is, that even making the bundles, I have tons sitting there and rotting in my inventory (so to speak.) I would LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE something to do with them. Maybe a really cool mount...like a draft horse...or an ox....or something else to do with farming/ranching... Who knows? they have cars...wouldn't a farm truck be cool?

Percy
03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
I'd like some other uses for vocation badges too, since I don't have enough proficiency to make bundles (yet).
I saw on a picture from the Korean version (I don't know if it's new) that you could by crest cubes/columns and crest t-shirts. That's something I'd like to buy ^^
Maybe if people gather enough vocation badges, they could buy a skin for their farm cart, like the reindeer farm hauler skin? I think that would be fun.

Yoru
03-31-2015, 04:46 PM
there's already way too many uses for vocation badges so plz don't add any!

I have trouble getting enough of them to do everything!

-Bundles
-Plushie Hats (Plushie Hat Prize Egg)
-Headgears (Trinket Egg)
-Plushies (Plushie Bags)
-Flowerbeds

Everything in higher crafting requires them so instead of asking for more uses just do crafting or use your badges to buy the items and sell them on auctions for crafters like me who are running out. I mean seriously this post is the equivalent of asking for more things that use labor. o.e

Percy
03-31-2015, 05:40 PM

-Bundles
-Headgears (Trinket Egg)
-Plushies (Plushie Bags)
-Flowerbeds

Everything in higher crafting requires them so instead of asking for more uses just do crafting or use your badges to buy the items and sell them on auctions for crafters like me who are running out. I mean seriously this post is the equivalent of asking for more things that use labor. o.e

I'm almost at 10k masonry so I can make flowerbeds.
I hope I can level up tailoring (for plushies) and whatever profession the headgear is so I can make some of those. ^.^

luniz
04-04-2015, 07:32 PM
All those things you list are useless tho...I have over 100k badges& nothing to do with them, don't have a farmers workstations.

Noaani
04-05-2015, 05:23 AM

-Bundles
-Headgears (Trinket Egg)
-Plushies (Plushie Bags)
-Flowerbeds

The problem is, with the exception of bundles, most of that is fluff. Like a whole lot of players out there, I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about fluff, I would like something useful to spend my vocation badges on. A design for a car would be fantastic. I would even accept a 1000/1 swap for gilda stars.

Yoru
04-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Like I said, if you have no use for them then sell them. Gold has a use for you no?

Noaani
04-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Like I said, if you have no use for them then sell them. Gold has a use for you no?Not really, no.

I want the car design to be put back on the vocation merchant when it is added back to the game. At 150,000 badges it is not cheap, but is worth it.

Aedony
04-07-2015, 09:58 AM
wow, no one mentioned fishing so far?

Sizmo
04-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Fishing burns vocation like mad. On Aranzeb its 1g per 200 vocation.

Noaani
04-08-2015, 08:56 PM
wow, no one mentioned fishing so far?Between farming all of my farms and doing the occasional trade run, I don't have time or labor left for fishing. To me, it seems totally rediculous that the only value you get from vocation badges is in that one skill.

Need more use for them.

Yoru
04-09-2015, 03:57 AM
Between farming all of my farms and doing the occasional trade run, I don't have time or labor left for fishing. To me, it seems totally rediculous that the only value you get from vocation badges is in that one skill.

Need more use for them.

You're being unreasonable here. All you want is a car this isn't about the good of the vocation badges mechanic to you. At least be honest about that.

As we've been trying to explain before in very easy to understand words is that all crafting/life skills require vocation badges. Vocation already has plenty of uses and there shouldn't be additional ones. If you don't find a use for them sell them, save up the money, buy a car or whatever else you want.

Right now, it looks to me like a bunch of whiny kids out for themselves. It's like a free player that doesn't craft makes a thread to complain that there isn't a use for labor for him so the game developers should add more labor sinks for him. It is highly unreasonable and most people would see that. Same here.

/thread

Pwnocchio
04-10-2015, 08:43 AM
All those things you list are useless tho...I have over 100k badges& nothing to do with them, don't have a farmers workstations.

Churn them into Shatigons, Lures, or fishing bait buckets and sell them on the AH.

Turn them into gold.

Kloee
04-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Buy red lure. Sell red lure.

Noaani
04-13-2015, 12:16 AM
You're being unreasonable here. All you want is a car this isn't about the good of the vocation badges mechanic to you. At least be honest about that.
I would like the Timber Coupe design to be bought with vocation badges like it was in the KR version, yes, but I don't expect to ever see it.

There are, however, other things I think would be good to see. A mount of some discription, a chest that only holds crafting materials, access to rare seeds and saplings, just something we can do with it other than feed fisherman lures and chum.

I really don't expect to see a car design, I just expect to see something useful to the people that are earning badges rather than having nothing to do with them but trade them for gold. The gazebo designs are a great start, but are 1.8 iirc, the way it is now I could have almost a million badges between my accounts by then.

Noaani
04-19-2015, 10:51 AM
From PTS

* Added 10 Daru bundles that can be purchased with Vocation Badges from Blue Salt merchants or a Farmer's Workstation. These bundles do not yield Vocation Badges when harvested or butchered.

- Daru Skyreach Woodlot - 1200 Vocation Badges, 12 hours to grow. Takes 200 labor to harvest using Logging. Drops a large quantity of logs and has an increased chance to Thunderstruck.

- Daru Savory Fruiting Woodlot - 1800 Vocation Badges, 12 hours to grow. Takes 300 labor to harvest using Gathering. Drops honey, ginkgo leaves, figs, olives, bananas, and pomegranates.

- Daru Fragrant Fruiting Woodlot - 1800 vocation, 12 hours to grow. Takes 300 labor to harvest using Gathering. Drops honey, bay leaves, avocados, grapes, jujubes, apples, cherries, and oranges.

- Daru Medicinal Seed Bundle - 600 vocation, 5h 20m to grow. Takes 100 labor to harvest using Gathering. Drops mushrooms, thistles, aloe, and cultivated ginseng.

- Daru Flower Seed Bundle - 900 vocation, 4h 40m to grow. Takes 150 labor to harvest using Gathering. Drops azalea, clover, narcissus, rose, lily, lotus, cornflower, and cactus.

- Daru Grain Seed Bundle - 1200 vocation, 5h 40m to grow. Takes 200 labor to harvest using Farming. Drops barley, rice, corn, wheat, oats, rye, peanuts, beans, and quinoa.

- Daru Spice Seed Bundle - 1500 vocation, 7h 20m to grow. Takes 250 labor to harvest using Gathering. Drops iris, lavender, mint, rosemary, sunflower, turmeric, poppy, and saffron.

- Daru Produce Seed Bundle - 1200 vocation, 4h 50m to grow. Takes 200 labor to harvest using Farming. Drops potatoes, cucumber, carrot, onion, tomatoes, garlic, strawberries, pumpkins, yam, and chili peppers.

- Daru Organic Bamboo Cage - 3000 vocation, 2h 40m to grow. Takes 500 labor to harvest using Husbandry. Drops chicken meat, duck meat, goose meat, raw chicken (organic chicken), raw duck (organic duck), and raw goose meat (organic goose).

- Daru Rowdy Pen - 1800 vocation, 8h 30m to grow. Takes 300 labor to harvest using Husbandry. Drops pelts, pork, beef, and turkey meat.

Could not have asked for better.

Saveric
04-19-2015, 12:51 PM
From PTS

Could not have asked for better.

That's not all either.

If you want the Craftman's Armor(+5k T1, +10k T2, +15k T3, +20k T4 to your proficiencies) complete set it's 4,700 Shatigon's Blessing is 94,000 Vocation for that as the vocation cost of that armor. Excluding the 2 Illustrious Salvaged Leather, 1 Mag Salvaged Leather, and 1 Eph Salvaged Leather. Also the rare drops from the profession items that are needed for the individual pieces.

Siobhan
04-22-2015, 06:27 AM
I am glad to see they're adding stuff.

I put the rose colored glasses of memory on this morning and remembered that there used to be a couple of (low level) mounts and a car in Alpha, but I think they removed them so they could eventually add them to RNG boxes or the cash shop... can't remember what they said about it.

Saveric
04-23-2015, 03:53 AM
I am glad to see they're adding stuff.

I put the rose colored glasses of memory on this morning and remembered that there used to be a couple of (low level) mounts and a car in Alpha, but I think they removed them so they could eventually add them to RNG boxes or the cash shop... can't remember what they said about it.

Timber Coupe was the car that was from Vocation. It's going to be Gilda Star now.

divStar
04-23-2015, 04:49 AM
Apparently the car is too cool to be bought with vacation badges - which is sad, but very much what I expected.

I also use bundles and that vacation armor will be interesting (I got the tailoring, weaponry and carpentry armors at the moment).

tzq
04-23-2015, 06:03 AM
one of their reasons is that was too easy to achieve. so they changed to gilda star.

divStar
04-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah, because Trion definitely knows better than the original developer of the game - sounds absolutely logical to me. /sarcasm

Pwnocchio
04-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Anyone have data on the outputs of those Dahu bundles/pens/lots?

tzq
04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Anyone have data on the outputs of those Dahu bundles/pens/lots?
I gathered some on PTS and it seems that (for bundles) is as much as a regular bundle does.
Example, the flower one would yield an average of 24 Azalea/Narcissus/Sunflower and all the others used for Dried Flowers.