PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Now Available on Steam

Scapes
03-26-2015, 12:38 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/03/Announcement_Header.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/26/archeage-now-available-on-steam)

Adventurers on Steam, the world of Erenor is now open to you!

ArcheAge is available for download on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030/) right now and the Silver, Gold, and Archeum Secrets Packs (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/store/#packs) can be purchased from the game page. Additionally, we've added a special bundle available only on Steam, the Sojourner's Pack.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/26/archeage-now-available-on-steam)

MattThat
03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Awesome! This will definitely bring new players in.

Btw Scapes, should I just keep the Glyph client I have now, or should I switch to Steam?

Phillypop
03-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Ok so how do I migrate the current game over to steam? same process as with Rift?

Pomegranate
03-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Awesome! Hoping it'll get a lot of new people in. :)

picapi
03-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Will the patron subscription / APEX be available for purchase via steam wallet funds in the future? I ask as it's much easier for me to pay by those methods, as well as for many other steam users.

OmegaToth
03-26-2015, 01:19 PM
this pack lol...costs 22 euro...perfect way to piss off new players once they played the game and realised how much money they have spent for that crap pack...for that money could have given at least 1 month of patron lmao...sojourner...thats ancient greek for ripped off idiot?

Ormagodon
03-26-2015, 01:23 PM
On Steam finally hey? Cool.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Will the patron subscription / APEX be available for purchase via steam wallet funds in the future?

APEX and Credits will be purchasable using your Steam Wallet from the Marketplace in-game if you launched ArcheAge using Steam.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Ok so how do I migrate the current game over to steam?

You'll need to reinstall the game using Steam to use their platform.

Womba
03-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Ok so how do I migrate the current game over to steam? same process as with Rift?

Yeeeah... what's the process exactly?

Phillypop
03-26-2015, 01:42 PM
You'll need to reinstall the game using Steam to use their platform.

*sigh* there goes my bandwidth allowance..

Ormagodon
03-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Wait, Wait.. So to play VIA Steam you have to uninstall AA and re-download from Steam.. then play on a new world and pay through Steam wallet.

Correct?

Srlmo
03-26-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm from Brazil and I can not play because it has a kind of region lock, was wondering if you guys want to release the game here for Brazil?
(google translator)

AppleSautts
03-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Not sure if you would be allowed to answer this, but are there any benefits to launching AA on Steam rather than Glyph?

FireCait
03-26-2015, 02:06 PM
To get ArcheAge on Steam, head over to http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030/ or search for "ArcheAge" in your Steam Client and click on the "Play" button.

Once the Glyph Steam client launches, log in with the same account that you were using before and all your characters will be there.

You'll know that you're in the Glyph Steam client if you don't see any games on the left side of the client.

FireCait
03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Not sure if you would be allowed to answer this, but are there any benefits to launching AA on Steam rather than Glyph?

As a Steam player, you'll have access to your Steam Wallet through the in-game store for Credits and APEX.

tradzhedy
03-26-2015, 02:08 PM
What about the restrictions? I am from Eastern Europe, Latvia to be precise. And the steam page says - Unable to access in your region.

kraeron
scapes, it seems that the game its region locked (at least for south america) is this intentional?

FireCait
Wait, Wait.. So to play VIA Steam you have to uninstall AA and re-download from Steam.. then play on a new world and pay through Steam wallet.

Correct?

Not quite. There's no need to uninstall, but you will need to download from Steam. Your Trion account is the same though, so all your characters, boats, houses, etc, are still accessible.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 02:16 PM

The Glyph client will have the latest downtime and news announcements.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 02:16 PM
scapes, it seems that the game its region locked (at least for south america) is this intentional?

We're looking into expanding the regions that can access the game via Steam now.

SLiNG186
03-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey just wondering when will live see the marketplace update?

picapi
03-26-2015, 02:53 PM
APEX and Credits will be purchasable using your Steam Wallet from the Marketplace in-game if you launched ArcheAge using Steam.

I can't seem to get this to work, for me it's opening up the buy credits page in steam overlay, but gives no option to use steam wallet.

ALEZ
03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
We're looking into expanding the regions that can access the game via Steam now.

Southeast Asia ☑

Nizzarr
03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Can a mod please explain step by step on how to use my steam wallet for credits/apex? Is this option in the game right now?

Steam likes my credit card, Trion not so much. I'd like to spend money tonight on the new chest.

Toffin
03-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Will you be preventing new character creations on the high populated servers or will you be leaving the high populated servers open for them to join those servers?

Bigboy
03-26-2015, 03:18 PM
its al oke dont worry

Dyna
03-26-2015, 03:35 PM
im region locked for arche age (france) fix plz trion

Expendable
03-26-2015, 04:00 PM
If you want to bring more players into the game you would remove the p2w from the game. Why do you think the win back program was such a failure?

FireCait
03-26-2015, 04:01 PM
I can't seem to get this to work, for me it's opening up the buy credits page in steam overlay, but gives no option to use steam wallet.

Can you please contact our customer support at https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/categories/200202186-ArcheAge ? They'll be able to help you figure out what's happening.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Will you be preventing new character creations on the high populated servers

Starting tomorrow for the weekend, yes.

Scapes
03-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Hey just wondering when will live see the marketplace update?

Tomorrow afternoon, probably just before or after the livestream.

Qjack
03-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Why i cant find the steam wallet payment method ? When you click get credits button it redirects me Glyph credits page which doesnt include steam payments ?

Ravenx
03-26-2015, 04:44 PM
South America blocked

Dusseldorf
03-26-2015, 05:20 PM
I want play Archeage but says "This article is not available in your region for now" Im from Argentina, can you fix that? Thanks you. I want pay the patron from steam.

Dusseldorf
03-26-2015, 05:24 PM
South America blocked

Yeah, I want play from Steam :(

FireCait
03-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi All,

I see a few of you asking how to use your Steam Wallet, so here's a quick outline.

First, you'll need to make sure that you've downloaded the ArcheAge client from Steam using the Steam Client. The Steam version of the launcher has some specific code & flags in it to ensure that you can use the Steam Wallet.

Also, make sure that you're signed into Steam via the Steam Client.

If you're launching the Steam ArcheAge Launcher, your Glyph will look like the image below. Note that there are no games on the left-hand side of the client. This is the best indicator that you're using the Steam ArcheAge Launcher.

http://content-static.trionworlds.com//120/HKB/EDB/KV6/FLF.jpg

Once you're in the Steam Client, go ahead and launch ArcheAge.

Inside of ArcheAge, you'll see a button on the bottom right for the Marketplace. Open that up and then click on the "Get Credits" button on the bottom right of the Marketplace window.

This will launch a new window that might take a few seconds to populate. In this window you'll be able to select the credit pack that you'd like to purchase and click "Continue to Payment." If you launched the game through the Steam ArcheAge Launcher, you'll see the Steam Wallet option.

Continue through the flow and add money to your Steam Wallet if needed. You'll get a confirmation receipt on screen once you're done, and your credits will be added to your character.

If you've followed the steps above and still can't get to your Steam Wallet, please contact our customer support (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/categories/200202186-ArcheAge).

sokasokasoka
03-26-2015, 05:35 PM
It is region blocked. ><

Arialun
03-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Frankly, I don't see that much benefit changing from Glyph to Steam aside from the new payment options.

If anything, this game being on Steam only benefit more towards NA players than others. Unless Trion can expand and maintain the game accessibility to all regions for a very long term, I'd suggest that try not to use Steam client and stick to the Glyph client instead.

neoVictrix
03-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Might we see a person or two on the Steam hub to keep things organized there? I know those things take some time to actually work out, so could possibly take a few weeks - just looking for a confirmation of some sort.

Neetero
03-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Autentication failed. i cannot play it pop that message and the it says that i need to contact support

Bendy
03-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Add former soviet countries in this list please (Ukraine)

Heron Vandroy
03-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Scapes, any idea as for when (or if) we'll be seeing the game unblocked for South America?

alliazamarie
03-27-2015, 01:35 AM
Region block in PH

Omiiko
03-27-2015, 02:14 AM
Region blocked for South Africa too. >.<

BLAHAndre
03-27-2015, 03:16 AM
It said Erenor for the steam client but I remember it as Aurora or am I thinking of another game?

Sidious
03-27-2015, 05:41 AM
Smartest thing Trion has ever done

Sidious
03-27-2015, 05:42 AM
It said Erenor for the steam client but I remember it as Aurora or am I thinking of another game?

Erenor is the world, Auroria is just a continent.....I think. Lol I know auroria is just a continent but idk for sure erenor is the world....game lore is pretty weak. Player driven lore is so much stronger

Minghua
03-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Region blocked for South Africa too. >.<
in latvia block too :(

Soroboru
03-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Great that it's back but lmaaao that sojourner's pack is a major rip off.

Arialun
03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Great that it's back but lmaaao that sojourner's pack is a major rip off.

Steam players won't mind about the price of the pack. Have you seen other PC games with ridiculous price for its DLC? People still buy it regardless how much it was.

beans
03-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Hi All,

I see a few of you asking how to use your Steam Wallet, so here's a quick outline.

First, you'll need to make sure that you've downloaded the ArcheAge client from Steam using the Steam Client. The Steam version of the launcher has some specific code & flags in it to ensure that you can use the Steam Wallet.

Also, make sure that you're signed into Steam via the Steam Client.

If you're launching the Steam ArcheAge Launcher, your Glyph will look like the image below. Note that there are no games on the left-hand side of the client. This is the best indicator that you're using the Steam ArcheAge Launcher.

http://content-static.trionworlds.com//120/HKB/EDB/KV6/FLF.jpg

Once you're in the Steam Client, go ahead and launch ArcheAge.

Inside of ArcheAge, you'll see a button on the bottom right for the Marketplace. Open that up and then click on the "Get Credits" button on the bottom right of the Marketplace window.

This will launch a new window that might take a few seconds to populate. In this window you'll be able to select the credit pack that you'd like to purchase and click "Continue to Payment." If you launched the game through the Steam ArcheAge Launcher, you'll see the Steam Wallet option.

Continue through the flow and add money to your Steam Wallet if needed. You'll get a confirmation receipt on screen once you're done, and your credits will be added to your character.

If you've followed the steps above and still can't get to your Steam Wallet, please contact our customer support (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/categories/200202186-ArcheAge).

So in order to use my steam wallet I have to re-install archeage?

Edit: never mind skimmed first few pages. Pewp.. but won't let me use steam wallet still wat.

valjean
03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/03/Announcement_Header.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/26/archeage-now-available-on-steam)

ArcheAge is available for download on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030/) right now and the Silver, Gold, and Archeum Secrets Packs (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/store/#packs) can be purchased from the game page. Additionally, we've added a special bundle available only on Steam, the Sojourner's Pack.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/26/archeage-now-available-on-steam)

Now steam just needs to remove the region lock from South Africa

valjean
03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Steam region lock on Archeage remove?

AjuntaPall316
03-27-2015, 10:47 PM
I've been using Steam since Alpha... but it's good to see it return. Hopefully it brings more players... Would be helpful if you saw reviews on the store page other than negative reviews though...

soonsetss
03-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Can we get patron through steam?

Sicknessink
03-28-2015, 11:07 AM
ok i have asked through the support tickets. yet i keep getting a response that has nothing to do with my question. my question is about multi boxing with one pc. let me start off by saying i am not talking about moving both accounts at once. what i am asking is can i have two accounts both logged in at the same time on one pc. and just alt tab between them. that way one is afk while im doing stuff with the other then i alt tab and do the same with that one. now with steam having archeage back this question is even more important. cause if your allowed to do what i am saying i can launch one account from glyph and other account from steam. please note i know the rules about the not using one keystroke or mouse click to do both accounts. that is not what i am asking is allowed. i am strictly asking can i log onto one account on glyph and 2nd account on steam have them both in game and just alt tab between them. they would be playing separately but both would be logged in at same time (one active or playing and other would be online but afk) the only response i get from support is about the keystroke or mouse click rule.

simply i need a yes you can or no you can not.
can i have two accounts logged in from one pc at the same time and play both just alt tabbing between them?
is it allowed?

Kaosfury
03-28-2015, 11:30 AM
*sigh* there goes my bandwidth allowance..

Do you play this on satellite internet? Hughesnet or Exede?

Kaosfury
03-28-2015, 11:31 AM
ok i have asked through the support tickets. yet i keep getting a response that has nothing to do with my question. my question is about multi boxing with one pc. let me start off by saying i am not talking about moving both accounts at once. what i am asking is can i have two accounts both logged in at the same time on one pc. and just alt tab between them. that way one is afk while im doing stuff with the other then i alt tab and do the same with that one. now with steam having archeage back this question is even more important. cause if your allowed to do what i am saying i can launch one account from glyph and other account from steam. please note i know the rules about the not using one keystroke or mouse click to do both accounts. that is not what i am asking is allowed. i am strictly asking can i log onto one account on glyph and 2nd account on steam have them both in game and just alt tab between them. they would be playing separately but both would be logged in at same time (one active or playing and other would be online but afk) the only response i get from support is about the keystroke or mouse click rule.

simply i need a yes you can or no you can not.
can i have two accounts logged in from one pc at the same time and play both just alt tabbing between them?
is it allowed?

No. Your violating te eula if you run more then one instance of AA on a single computer

Sicknessink
03-28-2015, 11:59 AM
No. Your violating te eula if you run more then one instance of AA on a single computer

thank you for your input but i would prefer an actual trion employee answer due to the fact that through support it did say i can run more than 1 instance on my pc but then started to talk about keystroke and mouse clicking and macros

Sicknessink
03-28-2015, 12:05 PM

see what i mean

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

Having multiple accounts logged in from a single IP address or registered user is allowed. However, each account must be able to act independently of one another and be controlled without the use of any 3rd party software. You may have multiple accounts following a specified character and you may take action with each of these characters provided that it is being done manually by using the keyboard or mouse assigned to that character. Any program or set-up which will allow you to manipulate multiple characters with a single click or press of the button is prohibited and can lead to negative actions being taken against your account.

Omiiko
03-28-2015, 12:23 PM
When can we expect the steam region problem to be fixed??

Heron Vandroy
03-28-2015, 12:51 PM
That's what I'm praying for. I want to play the game and the convenience of playing (And making purchases) through steam wallet is a definitive feature for me.

Unfixed
03-29-2015, 03:19 AM
There was an error while the application is processed:

This item is not available in your region for now

upsss error ;D

NKyoto
03-29-2015, 06:33 AM
When it come for all region ? >< . i want play on steam

Hera
03-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Smartest thing Trion has ever done

and the stupidest thing Steam hatt made.

Steam fun

Phrostman
03-29-2015, 09:36 AM
I purchased the soujourner pack 2 days ago but I haven't received anything in game. Does anyone know what's going on?

Simonz
03-30-2015, 04:26 AM
When can we expect the steam region problem to be fixed??

I'm also facing the same problem, I used to be able to normally lunch the game using steam but now I can't and I was forced to download the whole game again.
Would you please fix this.

Felthswrath
03-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Nice! I have some cash on my steam wallet that I'd love to use!!
Too bad I just saw this post - as I was wrapping up installing the game on a new computer ...(not using steam!))

but still -

Dragh
04-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Make it available in south america pls :c

Heron Vandroy
04-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Please indeed. We've been waiting for so long for an easier and more comfortable way of paying for patron and using the shop. Steam wallet will be a bless for us.

valjeanh
05-07-2015, 12:53 PM

Any news on getting region lock removed? (South Africa blocked)