PDA

View Full Version : Will Tree Questions

jahlon
04-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Greetings

Couple of Questions about the will tree

#1 How do you get charges? Is inhibition the only skill that grants them? Its the only skill with grants charge in the tool tip, so a little unsure on what grants them.

#2 Is Absorption of Power worth it (from your experience). It says it returns 7% HP lost, which effectively is like -7% damage taken, so that seems worth it when added to Pain Killer.

#3 How long does Wing of Defense last? The tool tip doesn't say.

Thanks,

Simsu
04-09-2014, 03:22 PM
There are other skills, in other trees, that grant stacks (Earthquake in Combat comes to mind). Generally speaking Inhibition will be the primary way you build and maintain stacks. It's kind of annoying to remember to use it, but it's effective. (Remember it does an AE debuff so be careful using it around guards, lol.)

In my opinion it's not a terrible skill, but that point would be better used elsewhere (only 23 total points for 3 full trees). Just remember that what is or is not good is subjective.

I've never used Wing of Defense, but my understanding is that it's a channeled spell so it'll last until you move/die/get stunned/run out of mana(?).

jahlon
04-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Interesting on the stacks. Seems like its hard to get stacks then if you are doing a healer build.

and on WoD thanks.... didn't think to look if it was Channeled. No Channeled Spells in FFXIv so forgot to check that.

Xiro
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Do you maintain the charges until you use them, or do they expire after a certain amount of time and you have to build them back up again?

Simsu
04-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Inhibition is a point blank AE on a 15 second cooldown (buff lasts for 30 seconds) so all you need to do is use the ability every 15-30 seconds to maintain or build your stack level (if you have the passive from Will you can get up to 3 stacks). Regardless of any other trees you have, Will itself can maintain the stacks. (It does make inhibition a more or less mandatory skill if you want the bonus from stacks i.e. a healer.)

I went Will/Devotion for my first to 50 and it was just a matter of training myself to remember to pop Inhibition to keep it up. I trained myself so much I had to train myself not to use it at time (i.e. around guards when enemy faction are close, heh).

kiukiu
04-10-2014, 01:26 AM
best tree :)

Legion
04-10-2014, 05:17 AM
best tree :)

for healer =]

SilverCrest
04-10-2014, 05:22 AM
and for everything else =]

jahlon
04-10-2014, 05:32 AM
in a bodyguard build it seems like its going to be rough maintaining three stacks having to sacrafice two pints for the passive and inhibitation.

Legion
04-10-2014, 05:34 AM
in a bodyguard build it seems like its going to be rough maintaining three stacks having to sacrafice two pints for the passive and inhibitation.
But it reduce cd quite nice =]

Simsu
04-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I'm not willing to say it's the best tree (mostly because I don't feel AA is the type of game that lends itself to "XYZ is the best <anything>"), but will is certainly a very very useful tree in the pre 1.0 environment (maybe after it too, but I haven't played 1.0 yet). Anything that prevents negative status effects is very strong as it negates many combo abilities (bonus damage and effects) and Will is full of them plus all kinds of utility skills.