PDA

View Full Version : Obsidian weaps and regrading

Ninjaface
03-30-2015, 09:54 AM
So I've crafted up a few for myself but I've learned some expensive lessons and want to do it right moving forward.

From now on, I intend to craft the T1 obsidian and regrade it to at least celestial before even thinking of going to t2.

I don't have tons of gold.. in fact I logged on sunday and had 9 gold. So please don't assume I'm rich and can do things the way rich players can.

I basically want to understand the regrade process beyond heroic.

Lets say I make a green t1 obsidian weapon. I use regular weapon regrade scrolls and get it to heroic. Now what?

Do i switch to lucky resplendant regrade scrolls at this point with a charm and hope to skip unique and the break chance? (if I got that right).

I have also heard the regrade charms are a scam...

Tried googling for regrade info 2015 but kept finding old, incomplete, or inaccurate info. So wanted to ask actual crafters. Thanks

Khaler
03-30-2015, 10:43 AM
You want to use regular scrolls to get it to Unique.

I have found gems useful getting off Arcane or above, but not before.

Once it's Unique, you will want to use a Replendant with a red gem to make your shot for Celestial/Divine.

It's gonna cost you an assload of gold no matter how you look at it, but yes, regrading the Tier 1 is the least expensive way to do it. Who knows, you might get a natural proc upgrade going from tier to tier.

Tenki
03-31-2015, 05:45 AM
What's the highest tier of upgrade you can get from tier changes?

MagisterXero
03-31-2015, 06:24 AM
What's the highest tier of upgrade you can get from tier changes?

Mythic.

It's already been proving it is possible to upgrade Epic to Legendary via crafting on my server, and I would definitely say Legendary to Mythic is no different.

TheDeacon
03-31-2015, 08:04 AM
You want to use regular scrolls to get it to Unique.

I have found gems useful getting off Arcane or above, but not before.

Once it's Unique, you will want to use a Replendant with a red gem to make your shot for Celestial/Divine.

It's gonna cost you an assload of gold no matter how you look at it, but yes, regrading the Tier 1 is the least expensive way to do it. Who knows, you might get a natural proc upgrade going from tier to tier.

What this person said and some more important information if you didn't already know. At heroic/unique items will not be destroyed by failures however they can downgrade down to at most arcane the failure can just result in the item maintaining its current grade. You want to use a resplendent scroll at Unique because with a great success you will obtain a divine weapon which if you were to try and do normally will have a chance of destruction currently. Using a resplendent scroll at unique the failure will be as if going to celestial therefore only having a chance of downgrading not breaking. At celestial and above CURRENTLY (soon to change) there is no chance to downgrade only to break. Then of course there are the hopeful potential proc up from crafting more with still no screenshot proof of going to divine from crafting. I do personally know it can happen to celestial.

Navajoleo
03-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Great thread, with lots of info I need for tonight! One question I have is when is the best time to temper an Obs weapon? I would think you'd regrade early, and temper at high tier/grade to get a possible 109% reroll on the best stats. Is this correct?

Tenki
03-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Great thread, with lots of info I need for tonight! One question I have is when is the best time to temper an Obs weapon? I would think you'd regrade early, and temper at high tier/grade to get a possible 109% reroll on the best stats. Is this correct?

IIRC, temper resets with each tier change, T4 is a very tangible 'endpoint' to last you weeks, if not months (upgrade requires 3 epherium salvages), so that's probably a point to do it.

cylix
03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
I have just regraded my T3 Obsidian Katana to celestial, i was very lucky and it took only one try! :D I used normal scrolls from green until heroic. (from arcane i used gems, took a few tries to Heroic). Then i crafted the next tier, from t2 and t3 and the weapon went from heroic to unique in the process. At last i used a resplended scroll and a red gem and went from unique to celestial from first try. So its very important you use the red gem from unique.

Solanthus
04-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Mythic.

It's already been proving it is possible to upgrade Epic to Legendary via crafting on my server, and I would definitely say Legendary to Mythic is no different.

Where is this proof exactly?

Let me guess: your friend did it but forgot to screenshot it.

Wanji
04-05-2015, 03:15 AM
edit: I need to learn to read.

Shalille
04-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Just some more info for ppl on a tighter budget.

It doesnt actually cost that much more to regrade a T3, than a T1.

From my experience:

T1 regrade cost at Heroic was 47g
T2 cost was 52g
T3 cost was 56g

###

What this means is that for ppl who are struggling to afford to get beyond heroic on your T1 , considering its a chance to downgrade back to Arcane each attempt you make.

You have the option of just upgrading your heroic to T2 and T3 for fixed costs and running with that weapon that until the announced improvements to regrading come to effect, (namely easier to get to divine without downgrading) and then attempt to upgrade your T3 beyond heroic.

It will cost a bit more, at that point, but the increased amount didnt seem that much seemed like 15% or so.

###

The main benefit of regrading at T1 , is for those who want to go nuts above celestial and risk complete destruction, that way they only destroy a T1.

Ninjaface
04-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Mythic.

No offense but can anyone confirm this? I was told that the highest a weapon can go from tier to tier procs is celestial.

Which brings me to my next question. I have a Heroic dagger and bow. I don't know if I should be regarding to celestial first or if I should try for procs.

If I try for procs and don't get them, it will cost me more to regrade the higher tier items. The regrade attempts do add up, and I'm very poor.

Are you guys regarding to celestial? Or just going for procs?

Thanks

Yltt
04-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Hello ninjaface, i can only answer to your last question, i personnaly regrade till the celestial. And imo it's the best way to do.

Jetfire33
04-10-2015, 08:38 AM
For some reason the game coding has a lock at Celest when crafting. Now if you regrade Unique to divine or Celest to divine. You have chance to proc from Divine to Epic - Epic to Legend etc. Very small %. Why do they have the lock at Celest who knows...This is like this in the Korea version. And we have the same coding. Will it ever change?...Most likely not. Getting to divine is not easy either regrading...but very do-able. Good Luck.

Arkaleus
04-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Ninjaface
04-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks all.
Tried some regrades after i saved up 500g. Wanted to get my heroic t3 dagger to unique so i could try a lucky scroll. Ended up running out of money and dropping it to purple lol! Then was stuck with purple and it took me a day to scrape up another 150g to get it heroic again. Wow what a waste... won't be regrading again til I have a LOT more money lol.

Regrading makes me feel like i'm gambling in vegas, and i hate gambling

Ginsu
04-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I have seen this floating around the forums but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Can a T1 Obs Weapon at Celestial grade proc up to Divine while going to T2 (aka Natural Proc)?

Zengiar
04-14-2015, 10:37 PM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?178743-Divine-T3-Shortspear-upgraded-to-T4-and-procced-Epic

Please just stop this discussion about crafting procs, it's been confirmed, it's done.