PDA

View Full Version : Copy from one computer to another

Shamara
07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi,
We are in Australia, land of download caps. I'd prefer not to download 23GB twice, once for my and once for partners computer, so I've downloaded the new patch on one, and copied the entire Glyph directory tree onto another computer. When I start archeage on the second computer I get directed to

http://archeage.xlgames.com/faq?id=1161

which seems to be something about their version of hackshield.

Does anyone know what needs to be copied to make this work?

Tazdrago
07-17-2014, 03:20 PM
You cant just copy the Glyph directory, from one to another it has no reg entries. You need to run the Glyph installer on the 2nd computer and start to download AA and then pause it (or close Glyph) and then replace the Glyph directory (well AA)

Then run Glyph again, it should see it has all the files and run.

Redsunset
10-08-2014, 09:17 AM
You cant just copy the Glyph directory, from one to another it has no reg entries. You need to run the Glyph installer on the 2nd computer and start to download AA and then pause it (or close Glyph) and then replace the Glyph directory (well AA)

Then run Glyph again, it should see it has all the files and run.

This worked for me, thank you!

Adding more details:

1.- Copy all the Glyph directory (by default: C:\ProgramFiles\Glyph)
2.- Once the copy is on the destination computer open the Glyph folder and run GlyphClient.exe (you can also ad shortcut to the desktop)
3.- On the GlyphClient open it will show you the "INSTALL" red button, click on the Settings menu located on the top panel, and select ArchAge in the left menu, press BROWSE and find the Glyph folder location (the one you just copy) choise the ~Glyph\ArcheAge\Live folder, it should says something like: "C:\User\Games\Glyph\ArcheAge\Live" Press OK and close the Glyph launcher
4.- Open again the GlyphClient.exe and it should show the "PLAY" red button now

~ I hope it helps ~