PDA

View Full Version : Crash while attempting to load Character

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone, after all the mean Gods stopped DCing everyone I got in and created my character and played him for an hour or so then went out to dinner with the wife and daughter. When I got back home I opened the game again and attempted to log in, everything went smooth as silk until I select my character and hit Play.

Goes to the load screen then just CTD's. Things I have noticed (but not sure if they are related are as follows)

1.) Game won't save resolution settings, even if quitting game without crashing. (have tried to load in with what it is defaulted to and my native to no avail)
2.) When I hit Launch in Glyph the game will launch, but one it does it minimizes itself immediately (I have to click the icon on the task bar to pop it back up again.

System specs are:
8gigs RAM (1333MHz)
Geforce 670 4 gig superclocked card (latest drivers)
Asus P8Z77-V Pro mobo

Have tried:
Not much, running it as admin (Glyph and game) and just re-opening about a dozen times.

Edit: Things I forgot to mention are Windows 8.1 Pro
Naima server, lvl 5 Firran at Wandering Winds, Falcorth Plains
Before logging out I chose the protection talent tree as my second tree and my main is Occultism.

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Update:

I have rebooted my PC and it seems like the auto-minimizing is now gone, but the crash still happens after selecting character and hitting Start.

I made a new character to see if it was the character, region, anything else and it does it on the second character as well (diff race and area)

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:14 PM
I have finally located the area in which the crash logs are stored, so here it is

http://pastebin.com/BkfZC1pE

The only thing I can make sense of in all that is maybe file corruption?!? Not sure how that happened from one launch to another as all I did was created the char, played, logged out, came back and launched again and was faced with all this crashing.

Meelo
07-17-2014, 08:27 PM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?6428-GUIDE-FAQ-Unofficial-Tech-Support
^
Not sure if there is anything in here that can help you, but take a look. or contact support (but remember that there probably going to get back to you in a few days...)

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?6428-GUIDE-FAQ-Unofficial-Tech-Support
^
Not sure if there is anything in here that can help you, but take a look. or contact support (but remember that there probably going to get back to you in a few days...)

I have looked in that thread, and didn't see anything pop out related to my issue specifically, but thanks for the link for sure! I will have to let support know just so they might be able to fix it if it's on their end. Biggest problem atleast for me is I am only in for this weekend (won a key on MMORPG) so if it takes a few days I wouldn't be able to test anything for them or follow up as I wont be in the next test.

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 11:42 PM
This is intensely frustrating, bump in hopes anyone at all knows what to do.

Catnip
07-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Go to your Nvidia Settings and change everything into Default.

Also

Go To "Control Panel" -> User Account -> Change User Account Control Settings to -> "Never"

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Will try that, thanks alot Catnip. Will report back with results!

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Unfortunately it didnt seem to do anything. Still crashes just like before. By change everything to default I assume you meant hit the restore button inside of Nvidia Control Panel?

Fasti
07-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Make sure to exhaust our crashing troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1324) as well. If you haven't, attach your DXDIAG (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3) to your support ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478), and include what steps you have already tried so they don't duplicate steps.

Can you also try creating a character in the EU server, if you are NA, or the NA server, if you are EU, just as a test?

Thanks!

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Make sure to exhaust our crashing troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1324) as well. If you haven't, attach your DXDIAG (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3) to your support ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478), and include what steps you have already tried so they don't duplicate steps.

Can you also try creating a character in the EU server, if you are NA, or the NA server, if you are EU, just as a test?

Thanks!

I will do everything you ask as soon as I am done re-downloading it. I figured at this point I have already lost a full days worth of testing, and thought that the only thing I hadn't tried thus far was to re-install in case something did get corrupted somehow. As soon as it gets done I will test my already made characters on the same server, try a new one on the other NA server, then try the EU server if it persists. I will also run down that list and make sure to do every step it suggests as a checklist to determine what is going on, if one of those should fix it. Will do it one by one just to see which one actually manages to fix the issue.

Boboatorn
07-18-2014, 02:26 AM
plz post if you find something. i have the same problem -.-

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Will do. It was weird because the game worked flawlessly after the servers were fixed, then I got off to go eat with the fam and came back and all of a sudden no more loading.

Adinx
07-18-2014, 06:34 AM
My bf is having same issue... is frustrating. Sometimes can enter and crash in secs, sometimes after chose character... We think we will miss the beta event. By the way, there is some repair tool? I cant believe he has to download for third time the whole game for nothing.

Fasti
07-18-2014, 07:17 AM
I will do everything you ask as soon as I am done re-downloading it. I figured at this point I have already lost a full days worth of testing, and thought that the only thing I hadn't tried thus far was to re-install in case something did get corrupted somehow. As soon as it gets done I will test my already made characters on the same server, try a new one on the other NA server, then try the EU server if it persists. I will also run down that list and make sure to do every step it suggests as a checklist to determine what is going on, if one of those should fix it. Will do it one by one just to see which one actually manages to fix the issue.

From the error log it does appear there is some game data issues, so I am hopeful the fresh install will help this issue.

Before doing the install, did you make sure to remove all ArcheAge files (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1738) during the uninstall process? It's important to remove those additional files when installing again as they can save settings that were causing some corruption issues.

Where are you installing Glyph and ArcheAge on your PC?

Thanks so much for your patience.

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Alright, so I let the game download and install over night and it is still crashing. I didnt think to go to the folder and delete whatever files were remaining in there though. This is unfortunate, it takes so long to download (around 3 hours) so I will fiddle with it for a little bit and if I cannot get it to work I guess I will be uninstalling and making sure to neutralize every trace of ArcheAge from my PC before re-installing.

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 10:30 AM
So for some reason changing the graphics to LOW seems to have let me load. Why would this be a thing I wonder? I7 3770K at 4.3Mhz, 670 4gb superclocked card (set everything in Nvidia Control back to defaults) Windows 8.1, 8 gigs of RAM. I will now attempt to replicate the issue and figure out just what setting is causing this.

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I should note that with this issue (still testing what setting it is that is doing this) but when I boot the game up and it goes to the main screen after hitting esc to get outta the starting splash screens, the screen is all blacked out except the server selection. Has a weird kinda flashing bar top left and it all corrects as soon as I alt tab and bring it back up, but that is seemingly the tell tale sign that it's going to crash on load.

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 10:53 AM
BINGO. I have nailed it down. Every single setting is at high, every option is turned on. The option that is causing this crash while loading is Fullscreen of all things. I can enter FS mode after I enter the game seemingly, it just will not load while in FS mode. Very strange. My game is installed on a internal 1 TB drive (not my main drive, main drive is a SSD with only my OS)

Nax
07-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Psykoe, I'm getting the same problem as you. Yesterday I could play the game on LOW settings, but today it's not possible.

Archeage.log is telling me some files are missing (obviously, both times I've tried to download the game it says "Download was corrupt") and now it's the third time I'm trying to download (around 12 hours to download the game, glyph and it's P2P system). You know, the game is "game_pak" so we can't replace or add the missing files, what a wonderful system.

This issue could be easily resolved by Trion Support:

1.- Add a Repair tool just as almost any else MMO
2.- Set a Mirror to download the game via Direct Download (maybe one kind user could add to winrar, split and upload to MEGA/FIREDRIVE/MEDIAFIRE or any unlimited downloading server)

BTW, as I mentioned above, today I can't play even on LOW settings. I'm getting this message: CryEngine Error: Object count is -XXXXXX number

Edit: My problem was not FullScreen, tried it several times. My problem was Draw Distance and Reflections. If I turned both options ON the game would crash

oRie
07-18-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm also having the exact same issue. Game attempts to load after character select and crashes between 60%-100% loading. I've tried rolling back my graphics drivers, deleting all Archeage content on the PC and reinstalling both Glyph and AA without any success. Lowering the graphic settings also did not have any changes. I do not receive any errors of any kind, just a desktop crash. Here is my setup in case we are having the same issue perhaps?

CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: Radeon 7970 running catalyst 14.2
RAM: 16GB

EDIT: I too am seeing errors in my logs mentioning multiple files being missing. Have tried re-downloading the game three times now without any luck. A repair options to scan and replace missing files would be lovely.

Psykoe
07-18-2014, 11:09 AM
oRie does your game attempt to load at all (pops to the screen with the load bar)? If not then it could be the fullscreen messing with yours as well, I can enter FS mode after I get done loading, just not before for some very very odd reason. Also please be aware that sometimes the game tends to no like to save settings (not sure the cause of this one) but if you do adjust GFX settings the best way I have found to ensure you can reboot the game and keep the settings is: Change all the settings you want to, then hit < Server Select, then hit Exit Game. Then reboot the game and everything should have saved and the options that require a reboot should have taken effect.

BlooDEvil
07-18-2014, 11:21 AM
same , lots of files missing, cant play the game... just lots of random crashes
=/

tried DX9... DX11...etc....nothing...

lemme past this here... but its WAY bigger...

<15:24:26> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_bo_metal213.mtl)
<15:24:26> [Warning] Bad CAF file version [File=animations/nuian/female/horse/horse_mo_jump_f_start.caf]
<15:24:26> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/nuian/male/hair/nu_m_hair009/nu_m_hair009.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist
<15:24:26> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/nuian/male/hair/nu_m_hair009/nu_m_hair009.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist
<15:24:27> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_bo_cloth142.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_1bo402.chr)
<15:24:28> seamless unloading cell object(W12, 13), (L4, 5)
<15:24:28> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:24:29> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Jungle, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_Enter_l' to 'jump_pangolin_loop'
<15:24:30> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:24:32> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=prefabs/interaction_c.xml/house.door_a node=AnimObject_1
<15:24:32> [Warning] deferred cgf stream error - game/default : f0000003
<15:24:32> [Warning] failed to stream cgf : default
<15:24:34> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/nuian/male/nude/nu_m_base.chr".
<15:24:37> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Jungle, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverIdle' to 'jump_elephant_loop'
<15:24:38> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:24:39> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=prefabs/interaction_e.xml/tools.big_lever_left node=AnimObject_2
<15:24:39> [Error] CryAnimation: no valid character file-format: objects/Env/01_nuia/07_two/ezna_city_culvert/ezna_city_irongate_opened.cgf
<15:24:39> [Warning] invalid extention to streaming character : cgf
<15:24:39> [Warning] WARNING: couldn't find technique 'DebugPass' in the sequence for technique 'General' (ignored)
<15:24:45> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/elf/male/nude/el_m_base.chr".
<15:24:45> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:24:45> [Warning] non-slice task(18.10 ms) : LogToFileTask
<15:24:48> [Warning] MakeSprite - too many sprite update (10). dropping.. (sprites : 117)
<15:24:48> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:24:53> [Warning] Failed to Load Character file [File=game/objects/characters/nuian/male/hair/nu_m_hair013/nu_m_hair013_hm_type1.chr]
<15:24:54> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:24:55> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Boreale, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverIdleToRun' to 'jump_bear_loop'
<15:24:55> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:24:56> [Warning] Bad CAF file version [File=animations/nuian/female/horse/horse_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_3.caf]
<15:24:56> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=prefabs/carriage.xml/carriage.carriageb node=AnimObject_55
<15:24:58> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_bo_leather041.mtl)
<15:24:58> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_bo_leather041.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/bo/obj/nu_f_1bf001_1bo201.chr)
<15:25:01> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Dentata, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverRunToIdle' to 'jump_pangolin_loop'
<15:25:04> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:04> [Warning] [WARN] Failed : update quest sign.. [1588]
<15:25:09> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:25:09> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Breeze Elemental, monster_full_body.xml) - no path from 'all_re_combat_knockback_start' to 'fist_co_attack_r'
<15:25:09> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:10> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_l" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/elf/male/nude/el_m_base.chr".
<15:25:15> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:18> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Avena, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse Move to Jump' to 'jump_bear_loop'
<15:25:23> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Zaithan, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_Enter_r' to 'jump_wildboar_loop'
<15:25:24> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:27> [Warning] [WARN] Failed : update quest sign.. [1588]
<15:25:27> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/effects/01 - Default.mtl)
<15:25:27> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:25:30> [Warning] Cannot load texture 0, file missing [File=0]
<15:25:38> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:38> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Jungle, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_Enter_r' to 'jump_elephant_loop'
<15:25:43> [Warning] Facial sequence "all_re_combat_hit_r" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/elf/female/nude/el_f_base.chr".
<15:25:45> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=Prefabs/airship.xml/airship.normal node=wing
<15:25:45> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/gv/obj/nu_f_gv_cloth214.mtl)
<15:25:45> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/gv/obj/nu_f_gv_cloth214.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/gv/obj/nu_f_1gf001_1gv201.chr)
<15:25:49> [Warning] cell get sector zone : invalid sector pos (-15, -15)
<15:25:49> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:49> [Warning] [WARN] Failed : update quest sign.. [1588]
<15:25:50> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)
<15:25:52> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Liquidsky, player_full_body) - no path from 'Horse_DriverRunToIdle' to 'jump_elephant_loop'
<15:25:53> [Warning] rigid-body own-entity; prefab=prefabs/carriage.xml/carriage.carriageb node=AnimObject_55
<15:25:55> [Warning] Unable to force state death_animation as it does not exist in graph monster_upper_body.xml
<15:25:56> [Warning] Particle effect not found: 'game/abillity_skill_table_m.death.life_absorb_form', from unknown
<15:25:56> [Warning] Facial sequence "closed_eyes_01" not listed in CAL file for character "game/objects/characters/nuian/male/nude/nu_m_base.chr".
<15:25:57> [Warning] Bad CAF file version [File=animations/nuian/female/horse/horse_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_4.caf]
<15:25:57> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/elf/female/parts/ar/obj/el_f_ar_leather200.mtl)
<15:25:57> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/elf/female/parts/ar/obj/el_f_ar_leather200.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/elf/female/parts/ar/obj/el_f_1ar301_1arm006_1sh005.chr)
<15:25:57> [Warning] Pathfinding in animation graph failed (Janna, player_full_body) - no path from 'horse_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_3' to 'jump_pangolin_loop'
<15:25:57> [Warning] ray outdated (BirdBoid)

Nax
07-18-2014, 11:39 AM
oRie, BlooDEvil... did you get the "Download was corrupt" error after game finished downloading?

oRie
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I was actually able to get in game to play. My issue was DX11 keeps crashing AA. Must be a driver or dx11 client issue, everything runs great on max settings in DX9 even when fullscreen. However, as soon as I try to play in DX11 I get the crashing while loading into the world every time.

I did also just download Unigine Heaven 4.0 to benchmark and test my 7970 to make sure it was not an issue with my hardware. I am able to run benchmark tests in DX11 with very good results and no crashing so the hardware is at least functioning as intended. Not sure why the issue with DX11 with AA specifically.

One thing that helped me immensely was what Psylocke mentioned earlier. *********Change a few settings while at characcter select then EXIT the game********** The game is not saving settings if it crashes so you have to trigger the exit manually to have everything saved, some options will not change until you do this process. It helped track down the issue.

BlooDEvil
07-18-2014, 12:06 PM
oRie, BlooDEvil... did you get the "Download was corrupt" error after game finished downloading?

unfortunately yes

but it resumed and installed
=/

Nax
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM
It seems Glyph is unable to detect missing files after installing the game, I believe the problem is it detects game_pak file is there but can't detect the files inside game_pak are corrupted or missing.

BlooDEvil
07-18-2014, 07:21 PM
updating the thread

after a fresh install without erros, everything is running fine now
:)

(also deleted older versions.....aka...RU and KR...lol)

Nax
07-19-2014, 04:29 AM
This 3rd time Glyph successfully downloaded and installed ArcheAge. This is what I did:

1.- Delete ArcheAge from Glyph/Games folder
2.- Delete C:\ArcheAge C:\Users\User\Documents\ArcheAge
3.- Delete C:\Users\User\Appdata\Local\Glyph
4.- Download ArcheAge
5.- 15 minutes before download finished I turned Off Avast Free Antivirus (disabled control shields and stopped service)
Note: I turned off Avast cause last time I downloaded ArcheAge I saw on TaskManager Avast was consuming a lot of Memory and CPU verifying files, so it could be a problem

Hope it helps someone