PDA

View Full Version : Manual VSync

Kolin
07-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Okay so here's my deal... I have a high end GPU but my PSU isn't able to power it. So in order to play games, I have to turn VSync on. Is there a way I can manually turn this on through some kind of .ini document in the ArchAge Beta folder? Every time I get into the game, or try to make a character, my PC reboots. So I thought I'd come here for the advice.

Thanks!

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:08 PM
There is a file called System in C:/users/you/documents/ArcheAge (for me) that you can open in txt and it has a option in there for Vsync. Assuming it needs to be set to 1 to be active.

Kolin
07-17-2014, 08:10 PM
I don't see that file. : /

Here's a picture of my folder: http://prntscr.com/43sr76

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
That's strange, you said you have gotten to the char creation screen, I guess it needs to actually get into the game before it gens that file? In the file itself it says WARNING! THIS FILE IS GENERATED BY THE SYSTEM! EDITING IS NOT RECOMMENDED! so I would assume it's PC specific (not certain on these types of files)

Kolin
07-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Ugh... I won't be able to play the game at this rate. : / Really sucks.

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
I hear yah man, I have been getting constant crashes from my game upon char loading in ever since I stopped a few hours ago to have dinner with my wife and daughter >.< I will search around and see if I can figure out a way for you to get that file genned. Have you tried at all to change all the settings to as low as they can go? I know I had a hard time finding the settings menu when I first got on, you have to cancel char creation and you can then edit the gfx options and everything else. Hope you can get that far before it flips out.

Kolin
07-17-2014, 08:28 PM
I hear yah man, I have been getting constant crashes from my game upon char loading in ever since I stopped a few hours ago to have dinner with my wife and daughter >.< I will search around and see if I can figure out a way for you to get that file genned. Have you tried at all to change all the settings to as low as they can go? I know I had a hard time finding the settings menu when I first got on, you have to cancel char creation and you can then edit the gfx options and everything else. Hope you can get that far before it flips out.
Friend... Not positive, but I think you just save my table.

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:32 PM
I hope so man, I hope you can get what you need enabled and get in game :)

Kolin
07-17-2014, 08:37 PM
I hope so man, I hope you can get what you need enabled and get in game :)

Good news, it worked. :D I can play. <3

Psykoe
07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Awesome man, glad I could help atleast a little :D