PDA

View Full Version : Trade Info vs. Trader Prices

Marinia
04-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm often seeing the Gweonid -> Solis Trade Info stating 130%, but when you approach the trader, he's saying 129%. The issue is the trader price never seemsto take hours to get back up to 130 once this happens. What's causing the discrepency? Which % is the correct one?

Calim
04-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Maybe people traded in packs after you checked info and before you got to vendor.

I don't recall the time frame on the rate which the percentage increases.

Marinia
04-07-2015, 03:21 PM
You know you can check the info when you're standing right in front of the trader right? I've had other people verify what the Trade Info says, just to make sure it isn't just my client, while I'm looking at the vendor saying something else.

Calim
04-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Interesting, maybe a bug then?

Report it if it is?

Marinia
04-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Interesting, maybe a bug then?

Report it if it is?

Submit a support ticket? So far the people answering support requests have proven to be completely useless. It's like they don't even play the game.

Calim
04-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Well then I don't know what your other options are.

feeder
04-22-2015, 06:39 AM
You know you can check the info when you're standing right in front of the trader right? I've had other people verify what the Trade Info says, just to make sure it isn't just my client, while I'm looking at the vendor saying something else.
I don't think the values shown in the Trade Info popup menu are auto-updated. Is it possible that you opened your Trade Info, looked up the pack to see 130%, and then left the window open but did not refresh it? This would explain why you can have the trade info showing 130%, while standing at the trader offering 129%. There must be someone turning in a single pack before you arrive.

I do single pack trade runs myself, and I try to only turn in @ 130% for max gain. The pack I run is one that not many people do, so I can see clearly the impact of my single pack on the %. One pack will drop it from 130% to 129% for a short time, then it returns to 130% after about 5-10minutes (?).

Did your friend who verified the % at the trader, stand there the entire time you were traveling your route? Is it possible someone turned in a pack before you got there? If you have someone standing there the entire time, and no players are seen turning in a pack yet the % still changes... I would say you discovered a teleport trade pack bot. Or maybe just a bug, but honestly a bot sounds more likely.

Marinia
04-24-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think the values shown in the Trade Info popup menu are auto-updated. Is it possible that you opened your Trade Info, looked up the pack to see 130%, and then left the window open but did not refresh it? This would explain why you can have the trade info showing 130%, while standing at the trader offering 129%. There must be someone turning in a single pack before you arrive.

I do single pack trade runs myself, and I try to only turn in @ 130% for max gain. The pack I run is one that not many people do, so I can see clearly the impact of my single pack on the %. One pack will drop it from 130% to 129% for a short time, then it returns to 130% after about 5-10minutes (?).

Did your friend who verified the % at the trader, stand there the entire time you were traveling your route? Is it possible someone turned in a pack before you got there? If you have someone standing there the entire time, and no players are seen turning in a pack yet the % still changes... I would say you discovered a teleport trade pack bot. Or maybe just a bug, but honestly a bot sounds more likely.

Even if a bot were turning them in (it's doubtful, this is a larder) then the percentages should still be in sync between what the trader is saying, and what the trade info window is saying.

I've seen them not in sync often enough that I actually sat there in front of the trader for 10 minutes waiting on it to sync up and match. I could accept if some one had 'just' turned one in and made it drop, but the numbers should be in sync. I'm pretty sure this particular pack is rarely run, as I never see it changing unless I've been turning in. Two packs usually drops it to 129. It then takes 10-15 minutes to go back up, sometimes it seems to take longer.

Refreshed the trade info window
Closed and re-opened trade info window
Restarted client on Desktop
Restarted client on Laptop
Had guildies check the trade info

When they're out of sync, they usually remain out of sync for an hour or more.