PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Pointer Offset

Jomina
07-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi guys.

When I played AA earlier today, everything ran fine and I had no mouse issues at all. However, upon logging in later, my mouse pointer in game is now VERY offset from where it should be.

It seems to be registering its position about 1/2 of an inch higher than the mouse pointer actually is in game.

There's no issues outside of the game - i.e. desktop and browser, etc all function normally mouse-wise. It is only AA that is doing this.

Any help? Ideas?

Zonrath
07-19-2014, 03:12 AM
I am also having this issue but my mouse is registering about 1/4 inch below the icons. It is somewhat frustrating

Fasti
07-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Are you running the game in windowed or full screen mode? Try swapping between the two to see if the mouse cursor is still offset.

I'll make sure to pass this over to the team for review, but your update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Zonrath
07-19-2014, 04:55 AM
I had been running in full screen and it was happening. Just swapped to windowed and so far so good, but it should be noted that even when I first started up in full screen the mouse placement was fine. It was as I played that it got more and more offset. I will update in a bit on if windowed does the same.

Tazdrago
07-19-2014, 05:04 AM
It's shocking how many bugs you lot are getting on a finished game (5 years old) makes you wonder what the hell Trion have done to it.

Zonrath
07-19-2014, 05:58 AM
Update: Windows mode works perfect. Please pass on about full screen though because I really dislike playing in windowed mode as I am sure a lot of other people do as well.

Aphelion79
08-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Same thing happens to me too... works fine in DX11 mode - but dx11 stutters / lags... so went to DX9 - Runs great but in full screen the mouse cursor is offset lower than the actual icon. only way to fix is to run in windowed mode which is horrible to play in as everything is 'squished' and not my full resolution!

Kynthea
08-15-2014, 01:38 PM
When I played the 2nd beta I found that I can not play in full screen mode as I have no pointer on screen at all. So as soon as possible I switched to windowed mode which is not a big problem for me as I prefer to play in windowed, as I do in Rift. My problem is that the window does not resize properly and the windows toolbar covers up the xp bar and menu options during game play and makes it difficult during creation. Although I hide the toolbar to solve that problem because it pops up when close to the bottom of the screen it makes it more difficult for me. I am at top screen resolution as my monitor is 24"

Darkmart
08-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Mouse Pointer Offset...
I had the same issue. But i fix it. Just reset resolution options.
I play ArcheAge on minimal System Requirements. All details set to low.
DX9,1920x1080

Defalt
08-19-2014, 11:03 AM
I did not have this issue, but that would drive me nuts! I hope you all get it fixed.

DangerousTed
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
I have had this problem EVERY TIME I launch the game for the first time since I downgraded my graphical option from DX11 to DX9.

My solution (although crappy):

If I keep going from windowed to fullscreen (Alt-Enter) sometimes it will fix it. The best fix I have found though: is go in and out of full screen one time (Alt-Enter, let it load, then Alt-Enter again), and then alt-tab out to windows, move my cursor, maybe click some things and come back into game. Repeat alt-tabbing and cursor jangles until fixed :)

I know it is lame, but it usually works for me.

**The problem with changing the resolution is that it resets the UI changes. I move everything around, and that gets annoying :/

Noragami
09-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Try Alt+Enter then changing back to full screen via options.

Do you have a adjustable DPI mouse such as a Razer product or something similar? It is possible that for one reason or another the DPI/Polling/UPM was reset or increased. This can cause the mouse pointer to react strangely when in full screen.

Cacia
09-22-2014, 07:34 AM
I have this problem as well using DX9. I have to change the resolution every time I launch the game to fix it. I run at 1920x1080. Changing to any other resolution and then back again solves the problem. It's a real pain in the butt.

Cacia
09-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Has this problem been officially acknowledged? It's still an annoying problem.

Ozzie
10-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Are you running the game in windowed or full screen mode? Try swapping between the two to see if the mouse cursor is still offset.

I'll make sure to pass this over to the team for review, but your update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi. I'm also having this issue, my pointer is off-set by about 1/4 of an inch, it is incredible annoying, and with tab targeting not working the best in AA, clicking on enemy's when you cant tab on to them is frustrating having to click 1/4 inc above them, or even the port book, trying to select where you want to go can often end up hitting the wrong port wasting hereafter stones.

This only started after I switched to dx9 to fix some rendering issues i was having with dx11.

I'm using a Logitech g500 mouse and a g510 keyboard. I'd love to go back to dx11 but after a few hours of play the texture rendering can go a little haywire and need to restart the game.

Any news on a fix for this? I hate to play in window mode.

Ozzie
10-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Just found this fix that may help some people with this issue. maybe trion/xl should hire this guy, he seems to know more about the game than the patchers. anywho hopefully this will help someone with the same issue http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2771r9/release_blaa_borderless_archeage/

Krazymagic
10-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Bumping this because I have struggled with this issue as well. In full screen I can usually fix it by just alt tabbing out of the game then alt tabbing back in and it corrects it... In window mode its not as annoying but then you have to deal with the annoying blue bar at the top and borders along the edge of the screen. I generally prefer to play window mode in games because it allows me to use my 2nd monitor and keep the game on screen. Really annoying issues, among other issues with daily crashing ive had since starting the game.

Why is there no "Windowed full screen" mode like other games, which removes all the annoying borders....

Setec
02-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Been waiting for this annoying bug to be fixed since day 1.... dunno what to say.

Kaosfury
02-04-2015, 09:12 AM
It's shocking how many bugs you lot are getting on a finished game (5 years old) makes you wonder what the hell Trion have done to it.

Your lack of knowledge regarding this issue is apparent by your statement.

Trion cannot fix anything.....only xlgames.....

So.....retype and exchnace trion for xl

Trion does not do anything to the game......only cash shop...thats all trion