PDA

View Full Version : Dread Prophecies Spotlight: New Zones

Scapes
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/NewZones_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/09/dread-prophecies-spotlight-new-zones)

A new type of trade has gripped Auroria: behind closed doors and shuttered windows, under the rustle of portentous winds, heroes and oracles swap stories about new lands, new weapons, and the shape of things to come. They speak of Dread Prophecies – a massive update on the near horizon – and its escalating wars in forbidden zones!

The release of Dread Prophecies (Update 1.7 Part 1) will open the way to Golden Ruins and Mistmerrow, expanding the borders of Auroria and granting access to the bay between Sungold Fields and Diamond Shores. The battle against Anthalon, Lord of Undeath, rages in PvE-focused Golden Ruins, while Mistmerrow’s undying PvP campaign is home to new inter-faction conflict and incredible rewards.

Read on for a first look at the new zones and stay tuned for upcoming spotlights previewing all that lies ahead. In the run-up to launch, we’ll be streaming even more details live each Friday on Twitch!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/09/dread-prophecies-spotlight-new-zones)

Calmethar
04-10-2015, 02:58 AM
Sounds very good indeed :)

Pokemon
04-10-2015, 05:51 AM
interesting

TheOuroborus
04-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Define "on the near horizon".

Keripo
04-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Anyone have database links to the new gear/weapons?

~Desiree

Sizmo
04-10-2015, 11:13 AM

In a prior stream they stated end of april but dont get mad if its beginning of may because its a huge patch that needs testing

TheOuroborus
04-10-2015, 11:19 AM
In a prior stream they stated end of april but dont get mad if its beginning of may because its a huge patch that needs testing

OK, cool. End of April or early May is quite reasonable. Any time I see an announcement like this I always assume it's months away, not weeks.

Scapes
04-10-2015, 12:21 PM

The update will be on PTS this month (aiming for days, not weeks).

camokitten
04-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Alright, I am not normally a player that participates in -any- type of PvP (I even decline duels) - but this 'capture the flag' style PvP sounds kind of exciting. Perhaps when I get a computer that's running faster than 2 FPS (and yeah I've even tried turning sound off to reserve FPS) I'll actually bloody this battle field (though it'll likely be my own blood).

AKA: This sounds fun!

Solence
04-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Are we going to finally see the release of the Warborn and Returned with this new content?

Medicu
04-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Well I still have some questions about it:

Medicu's List of Questions for the Livestream (# of Questions: 3)
1) It has been a struggle for me to figure out what new decorations you guys are adding. I have not found it even looking through the following information. What are the exact names, pictures, or recipes for the 40-ish decorations that will be added in 1.7?
2) Some of the current decorations, like the display cases, bureau and empty shelves, have a functionality issue where you cannot place anything inside them. With others in this crafting category it works fine. Its very hard to see the economic and decorative potential empty display case if you cannot put anything inside it. Will Xgames be addressing this functionality bug at any point?
3) Floating chest are a nice touch. :D Do you think we will ever have umm.. custume white blocks that we can place on any side of the house? This way we could make faux chandeliers etc.? or make a sink? (If its possible that be cool, but I really don't know how many people know how to use this stuff)?

So does this mean that you have #2 fixed when the new furniture comes out?

sadpriest
04-11-2015, 07:00 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/NewZones_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/09/dread-prophecies-spotlight-new-zones)

A new type of trade has gripped Auroria: behind closed doors and shuttered windows, under the rustle of portentous winds, heroes and oracles swap stories about new lands, new weapons, and the shape of things to come. They speak of Dread Prophecies – a massive update on the near horizon – and its escalating wars in forbidden zones!

The release of Dread Prophecies (Update 1.7 Part 1) will open the way to Golden Ruins and Mistmerrow, expanding the borders of Auroria and granting access to the bay between Sungold Fields and Diamond Shores. The battle against Anthalon, Lord of Undeath, rages in PvE-focused Golden Ruins, while Mistmerrow’s undying PvP campaign is home to new inter-faction conflict and incredible rewards.

Read on for a first look at the new zones and stay tuned for upcoming spotlights previewing all that lies ahead. In the run-up to launch, we’ll be streaming even more details live each Friday on Twitch!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/09/dread-prophecies-spotlight-new-zones)

Well, I think the pvp experience may not be exciting by the loot box window. On my screen resolution it covers up the entire screen quest log to the map to the chat window. :( Is there going to be a fix for how the loot window is displayed?

The loot window was kind of a fun-killer during the Diamond Shores release, so this why I am bringing it up. :S

Nemorov
04-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Patch Notes?

Arialun
04-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Patch Notes?

We usually get what's new in future patch after PTS is updated. So wait until then.

williamcaw
04-12-2015, 12:24 AM
play me a song fulffy summons the insterments from new zone to the mail . to the sea fulffy summons all designs from mirage island along with the items needed to build them this is just a sugestion for the testing inverioment and is a pardoy of comands for fulffy i dont own aney thing

t3hdaniel
04-13-2015, 12:05 AM
What does it mean by the 2nd line of obsidian weapon?

LiB
04-13-2015, 01:30 AM
What does it mean by the 2nd line of obsidian weapon?

Obsidian weapons branch at Tier 4 into 2 varieties.

A lot of people held back on upgrading their Obsidian bow past Tier 3 due to this...
Obviously hoping to go down the agility version branch at Tier 4... Good luck getting the Leviathens Eye required for Tier 6 though :p

Wolfguarde
04-13-2015, 05:03 AM

Right, August. Got it.

deinemuse
04-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Very Interesting... Love that it is a new PVE and PVP zone. Diamond is just grinding.

Cedarik
04-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Obsidian weapons branch at Tier 4 into 2 varieties.

A lot of people held back on upgrading their Obsidian bow past Tier 3 due to this...
Obviously hoping to go down the agility version branch at Tier 4... Good luck getting the Leviathens Eye required for Tier 6 though :p

Last stream they said the armor would branch at T3 good info here glad i did not raise my wep too high.

Nofri
04-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Too bad all new content since the game's introduction is one of two extremes: it's either pvp battle-related or it's some sort of silly knick-knack or costume available in the Marketplace.
Screw the traders, crafters and non-battle adventurers.
So much for ArcheAge being a sandbox MMO....

Muffet
04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
These are the same medals granted by the Golden Plains Battle in Halcyona, and they can now be earned and used by Pirates. You can spend these medals at the Proven Warrior Workbench to create or upgrade a Proven Warrior Necklace or any of ten new musical instruments, all special rewards on top of the Honor, coin, and drops you can also expect to accrue!

Awh come one! Why are you destroying Handicraft? This is BS! You might as well put up clubs, scepters, swords, katanas etc too to make it fair!!

Societal
04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
These are the same medals granted by the Golden Plains Battle in Halcyona, and they can now be earned and used by Pirates. You can spend these medals at the Proven Warrior Workbench to create or upgrade a Proven Warrior Necklace or any of ten new musical instruments, all special rewards on top of the Honor, coin, and drops you can also expect to accrue!

Awh come one! Why are you destroying Handicraft? This is BS! You might as well put up clubs, scepters, swords, katanas etc too to make it fair!!
This is the reason why as a Handicrafter I haven't made necklaces since like November. There isn't a point when most people use the Halcyona necklaces anyway. The really good earring/rings from dungeon quest chains take a long time to do so there is still a market for crafted accessories.