PDA

View Full Version : Ingame flickering

yggdrasil
07-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Hello,

When I started playing yesterday, I had no problems. Today, my screen seems to flicker when walking or standing in certain areas.

I Disabled V Sync, Multethread Rendering and HDR effects. I also started using dx9 to test instead of dx11 but still getting the flickering.

When it's flickering I get around 20-30 FPS, but normall are like 60-100 when running and such.

Also, during the flickering I can still see the UI, that doesn't bug-out.

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38J3UTvRXDU&feature=youtu.be

Update:

I changed the settings from high to normal, flickering stopped. But I have a high end PC so this shouldnt be the problem, I can run any other mmorpg or game in ultra and never have problems.

Turned everything from normal to very high and flickering started again, started lowering each setting from very high to normal 1 by 1 and found out that tge Shader Detail and Atmosphere effects were causing it. Changed those 2 to normal, everything else to very high, HDR effects enabled and AA aswell. No flickering so far..

Wefzumi
08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the update on your post. I have the same flicker nonsense, and I will sure use your steps tomorrow to try to sort it out. Thanks again for sharing how you managed to fix the issue.

Jestunhi
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Seriously.

Atrak
08-04-2014, 12:25 AM
I had the exact same issue, It seems as though your advice has worked, thank you yggdrasil. Its a pity we miss out on a little bit of graphic fidelity but hopefully they will fix the issue given time.

For the record and so they might be able to pinpoint the issue's source. I am using a 1Gb Radeon 6870 with the current latest drivers as of this date. I'm not sure any other details are relevant but Windows 7 64bit, Q6600 @ 2.2Ghz, 4Gb RAM and running AA from a samsung SSD.

Atrak.

PS. As for 'turning it off an on again', yes of course, tried that first. AA has memory leak issues separate to this issue that sort of forces you to restart the client after awhile anyway.

Ady
08-04-2014, 02:17 AM
i had the same problem in some areas. Since two days ago i cant see the objects (like trees/rocks...etc) i see only water below and sky above... and all npc/my char/players flying above the water like jesus xD I reinstalled my game and now i see normaly except my character's body /npc's body/players's body/mobs's body...Someone told me its because i had DX9 and i needed a better version now i have DX11 and its the same problem...

Shakeel
08-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Yes, I do too agree. This flickering has to stop. It happens a lot during that double tap speed skill.