PDA

View Full Version : Larceny for Nothing

Brynne
07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
My character has been wracking up larceny points, though I've been extremely cautious when picking up things. The only items I've picked up have been small plants and trees that are not tagged with a player name in an attempt to uproot them. However, my larceny rating keeps climbing each time I attempt this. I'd really hate to be flagged a thief when I've been careful not to touch things belonging to other players.

While this doesn't happen every time, just harvesting or uprooting plants and/or trees in the wild is garnering me larceny point. Mousing over the plants beforehand to ascertain they are not the property of someone else has been done over and over and I've begun to even double and triple check. These are truly wild plants and I'm still getting dinged.

The severity depends on the player, I suppose. I'd call it a 4, however.

Uyrisel
07-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Don't worry. You will get crime points and infamy when a crime is reported against you for say stealing someones trees or plants. Those are the ones that will get you thrown in jail. Larceny you are probably acquiring by opening the pouches that drop off mobs. The higher larceny the better chance to get items than just currency.

DromRekkin
07-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Larceny points do not make you a player criminal. Crime and infamy points do.

Zev
07-18-2014, 09:56 AM
U get larceny for opening up coinpurses

Larceny is a good thing in this game, helps you get better drops

Jacra
08-03-2014, 12:19 AM
That means that if people open enough coinpurses they become able to steal other players unprotected crop/lifestock without leaving traces? That sounds like a major incentive for people to start stealing??

Gonzothegreat198
08-03-2014, 12:58 AM
That means that if people open enough coinpurses they become able to steal other players unprotected crop/lifestock without leaving traces? That sounds like a major incentive for people to start stealing??

And that's a problem why?

bizeboss
10-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Is that we have a bunch of half ♥♥♥ crooks. I don't want to be working around a bunch of purse openers when I need a real team of wranglers and lumberjacks. there should be specifics other than hey I've opened up X amount of purses and that makes me a proper criminal. Its no wonder the jurys are being called every five minutes because you have no clue how to build a system to illustrate how to get the job done properly.