PDA

View Full Version : Epherium vs obsidian armor

Souferr
04-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi i wanna know if epherium will still wroth at the 1.7 or obsidian armor will better ty.

Sunpont
04-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Above a certain tier obsidian will be far better and with the added bonus effect I believe it will be far better than epherium, however epherium will remain a top tier armor class and will by no means be useless.

Souferr
04-15-2015, 12:09 PM
ok ty for your answer :)

CrouchingMoose
04-15-2015, 12:29 PM
T3 is where Obsidian passes Epherium in terms of base stats, the benefit (besides lack of RNG) for obisidan is that you don't have to worry about getting a set for the set bonuses. You get to mix and match for what you want.

Pwnocchio
04-16-2015, 05:00 AM
Hi i wanna know if epherium will still wroth at the 1.7 or obsidian armor will better ty.

What you probably want to do is pick 3 ebony pieces based on the bonus you like and keep the other 4 epherium pieces to maintain the 4-piece-set bonus until you are ready to push into T5 ebony or Delphinad.

Morpayne
04-17-2015, 07:42 AM
There's no obsidian flame armor so looks like I'll be sticking to my epherium.

Souferr
04-17-2015, 08:32 AM
I see what about caster armor i have wave so it will be better then obsidian cloth and ty all for your replies

Eilios
04-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Above a certain tier obsidian will be far better and with the added bonus effect I believe it will be far better than epherium, however epherium will remain a top tier armor class and will by no means be useless.

It's actually T4 where it passes for some stats.

The thing is, just like Auroria armor, Obsidian armor is not good for all classes. Tanky healers/mages etc need stamina as well, and the best way to get a huge stamina intake, and defense passives and the sort, is epherium/delphinad.

My class is pretty bad with full Obsidian, and I lose a huge chunk of HP even if I go 3/4 set, so I get to stick with epherium. You just make sure you slot correctly and re-grade like a mofo.

Souferr
04-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Ok i have 4/7 celestial and 3/7 unique so i ll keep my epherium set tyyy

Sizmo
04-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Apparently there are some pieces of obsidian that when tier 6, are best in slot. Given that information, it'll definitely be worth making obsidian gear but perhaps not all of it. Like others have suggested, i intend to do 3 pieces obsidian and 4 epherium. The 3 pieces i'll be targetting are the Head, chest and legs for cloth armor because those 3 pieces give direct Heal Power bonuses and/or direct +HP bonuses.

Eilios
04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Apparently there are some pieces of obsidian that when tier 6, are best in slot. Given that information, it'll definitely be worth making obsidian gear but perhaps not all of it. Like others have suggested, i intend to do 3 pieces obsidian and 4 epherium. The 3 pieces i'll be targetting are the Head, chest and legs for cloth armor because those 3 pieces give direct Heal Power bonuses and/or direct +HP bonuses.

That's what I've heard a lot from too, but when you're stacking epherium earth for the HP, you lose quite a bit of HP taking 3 of those pieces out still, even a small bit is substantial when the entire set is there to maximize HP with phy and mag def armor set buffs. Just saying from what I've seen, but maybe I'm wrong.

Sizmo
04-17-2015, 02:16 PM
That's what I've heard a lot from too, but when you're stacking epherium earth for the HP, you lose quite a bit of HP taking 3 of those pieces out still, even a small bit is substantial when the entire set is there to maximize HP with phy and mag def armor set buffs. Just saying from what I've seen, but maybe I'm wrong.

Its certainly not going to work for everyone. For me, i'm not stacking earth gear because Heal Power is important to me. The obsidian pieces should provide quite a bit of heal power for the slot compared to comparable pieces using a stat to provide Heal Power isntead. For me it'll make sense (hopefully). If you're stacking earth and your goal is to get 25k hps, then it might not work for you.

Eilios
04-17-2015, 02:51 PM
It is a huge heal amount on those pieces. Honestly, just gonna have to wait and see for PTS on what works i guess, for me anyways. Maybe (and hopefully) the 3/4 can work with gems, cause that matk and crit are good.