PDA

View Full Version : Dread Prophecies Spotlight: Ship Customization

Scapes
04-17-2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/ShipCustimization_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/17/dread-prophecies-spotlight-ship-customization)

Soon every captain, pirate, and wind-beaten smuggler with a sea-worthy vessel will have access to the Dread Prophecies ship customization system via a new button on the ship info window. Opening it will reveal a diagram of your vessel and its slots for custom components.

The new interface displays your ship type along with its base stats and the amount and type of custom components it can support. Each of the slots are interactive, showing which items and upgrades you’ve equipped to your ship. (Just mouse over your hull slots for more info!)

Of course, the new UI is just a shell to hold the heart of the new system: the custom components themselves. With access to armaments, sails, masts, boarding equipment, special abilities, and more, you can create the Kraken- (or player-, or treasure-, or fish-) hunting ship of your dreams.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/04/17/dread-prophecies-spotlight-ship-customization)

Ormagodon
04-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Sounds pretty cool, I look forward to checking it out.

Pavelo
04-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Can I make an epic row boat? This is something I've been wanting since before I quit playing this game.

Meridian
04-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Some of the moves Khrolan was demonstrating with the clipper are absolutely sick.

BigMac
04-18-2015, 01:26 AM
Can I make an epic row boat? This is something I've been wanting since before I quit playing this game.

rowboats can not be customized.

Noaani
04-18-2015, 04:21 AM
The next complaint from traders is going to be "how am I supposed to defend against 20 people from XxxX guild all flying in together and landing on my merchant ship, sinking it in Ezna port?"

I hope you guys have a plan in place for that.

Waldo
04-18-2015, 05:12 AM
The next complaint from traders is going to be "how am I supposed to defend against 20 people from XxxX guild all flying in together and landing on my merchant ship, sinking it in Ezna port?"

I hope you guys have a plan in place for that.
I am not sure what "sinking" means. Maybe the ship will come back to the surface when the underwater battle is over?

I smell an scheme to sink ships in peace zones.

Rondache
04-18-2015, 05:46 AM
I smell an scheme to sink ships in peace zones.

Fairly sure that was the point being made. If there are no plans in place to deal with this when 1.7 hits, ♥♥♥♥ will be hitting the fan.

Madwolf324
04-18-2015, 06:50 AM
Can we take off the trade pack storages on our fishing boats and replace them with more fish tanks?

MrUbiquity
04-18-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm just waiting for the ability to summon my ship and my hauler at the same time for soloing merchant ship runs. Pretty sure it'd make the pirates happy too.

breit
04-18-2015, 09:09 PM
What i really wanna know: there's gonna be new ships? specially new fishing ship?

rare
04-19-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure they are going to make the max capacity ship sinking thing only an issue outside of the safe zones. at least I hope o.o

If not then I guess its time to upgrade to a war submarine :cool:

Ryjami
04-20-2015, 06:46 AM
Inb4 greens start mass-sinking every ship at every major port unless owners pay a toll. The functionality of transport and blocking needs to be better defined as an all-out free-for-all or prohibited completely, because I smell an absolute mess on your hands if you run the rules regarding this in the same way you do blocking roads with farmcarts.

Focslain
04-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Inb4 greens start mass-sinking every ship at every major port unless owners pay a toll. The functionality of transport and blocking needs to be better defined as an all-out free-for-all or prohibited completely, because I smell an absolute mess on your hands if you run the rules regarding this in the same way you do blocking roads with farmcarts.

This is really only an issue for those that try to solo in merch. Proper use of an air tank/helmet/UBD will make it hard for someone to make sinking in peacetime an issue.

GokouZWAR
04-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Sinking by way of overloading a ship with players = extremely bad idea.

Overloading a ship with too many trade packs causing it to sink slowly = good idea

Overloading a ship with players who are carrying trade packs = better idea because they'll be slowed and harder to keep up with the ship also prevents extra pack carrying and forces players to put packs in the hold where they belong.

Method of being able to eject players from a ship without harming them (for peace zone over loaders and stowaways) = good idea

Fishing tanks = bad idea
Allowing players to store fish packs in trade pack containers = good idea.

GokouZWAR
04-21-2015, 11:09 AM
This is really only an issue for those that try to solo in merch. Proper use of an air tank/helmet/UBD will make it hard for someone to make sinking in peacetime an issue.

This assumes sinking a ship does not cause it to drop packs in the water or destroy the ship entirely.

cbale2000
04-21-2015, 12:36 PM
This has the potential to be either a really awesome update, or a really awful game-breaking update.
The Devs really need to clarify some of these new ship mechanics. Ramming damage is bad enough, but allowing random players to sink a ship just by jumping onto it is a terrible idea.

On an unrelated note, if crest stamps are going to be erased, will players get a copy of them to re-add later or is the entire crest system being re-vamped to not require marketplace items? I for one have several crest stamps that I got from other players who no longer play the game and I would hate to loose them.

hawkig
04-21-2015, 12:54 PM
As an active ocean going player, i dont see ramming damage as a big deal. However it should require momentum, not the shove shove I have seen on the utube vids

Shrimpables
04-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I feel like a sinking ship is just gonna lose momentum and speed. I don't think that it will actually sink underwater and destroy it, as it doesn't really say that, it just says it will "lose momentum and start to sink during travel." It's hard to say though.

KyleMakore
04-21-2015, 03:03 PM
If I already have an image on the sails of my boats before the patch will they still be on the sails?

jeffbenefiel
04-21-2015, 03:35 PM
The fact that Scapes hasn't replied once to soothe fears about imminent trolling re: sinking boats with overloading makes me a tad nervous. It would be nice to get a definitive word from Trion to put this baby to bed.

Traciatim
04-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Seriously people, just log in to the PTS and try this stuff out for yourself. Ramming does need momentum to do any appreciable damage, the boats can carry piles of people without sinking, you can still harpoon ships to the bottom of the ocean and stay under for a while (though flipping way up is much less crazy). Images will be removed from sails, but things with double sails can have a different image on each sail... you could even carry around different sails with different images already applied and swap them out in port depending on the run you are doing.

Scapes
04-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Inb4 greens start mass-sinking every ship at every major port unless owners pay a toll.

The sinking mechanic will only immobilize a ship, not actually damage it (and it takes a large number of characters, too). Plus, if that does happen, the owner can desummon and resummon the ship to drop those aboard into the drink.

Flame Soulis
04-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Scapes, scapes, scapes... doesn't that mean you would have use 'Rider's Escape' if you have trade packs? Doesn't that ALSO mean that... wait for it... if you DO desummon the boat, you, the owner, will ALSO get knocked off? Meaning you'd have to swim to where you are summoning the boat? Like what everyone else can do? Oh, the new cycle of trolling has begun.

EDIT: Even though a change to rider's escape has been long desired... for this situation, it honestly doesn't work...

ultimatejosher
04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Pirates are already over geared as heck, they come in stupid strong swarms 75% of the time and now fishing boats cant escape. How are we suposed to fight off 5 celestial gear armored pirates? Devs are kicking the fishermen when they are down and its just not cool. now we are going to have to pay a gal driver half our profits to even Maybe survive a run. thanks obama

Rvyne
04-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Can I add 6 cannon and harpoon on my row boat? huehuehue... I want to add also big sail so it can move faster...

Focslain
04-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Scapes, scapes, scapes... doesn't that mean you would have use 'Rider's Escape' if you have trade packs? Doesn't that ALSO mean that... wait for it... if you DO desummon the boat, you, the owner, will ALSO get knocked off? Meaning you'd have to swim to where you are summoning the boat? Like what everyone else can do? Oh, the new cycle of trolling has begun.

EDIT: Even though a change to rider's escape has been long desired... for this situation, it honestly doesn't work...

Actually Owner's Mark has changed. So if ths is correct, it triggers once the driver disembarks, which hopefully (have not tested it personally mind you) abilies to when you drop due to rider's escape.

Taken from PTS patch notes:

* Owner's Mark skill has been changed to “Inscribe Owner's Mark”. When the owner of a summoned vehicle disembarks from a device, the Owner's Mark effect is triggered for a certain amount of time.

Thenoch
04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Images will be removed from sails, but things with double sails can have a different image on each sail... you could even carry around different sails with different images already applied and swap them out in port depending on the run you are doing.

Well yeah, that's exactly what it says in the article. My question, and other people's questions on that particular feature, are whether or not you still need a marketplace item to do so, and if currently owned stamps will still be useable.

Flame Soulis
04-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Actually Owner's Mark has changed. So if ths is correct, it triggers once the driver disembarks, which hopefully (have not tested it personally mind you) abilies to when you drop due to rider's escape.
I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but did you even read what the original problem was? This has NOTHING to do with owner's mark! This has to do with a little thing called PHYSICS and MASS! That's nice that my boat will be owner's marked when I drop off, but that doesn't mean jack if I am having my boat turned into a new styled submarine due to a raid of trolls.

Traciatim
04-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Well yeah, that's exactly what it says in the article. My question, and other people's questions on that particular feature, are whether or not you still need a marketplace item to do so, and if currently owned stamps will still be useable.

The reason sails lose their current stamp is because the boat is being split up in to different items so they are new basic items for everyone. There is no reason to think that this has any effect on previously created stamps.

Tinypoke
04-29-2015, 04:55 AM
Can we not use our own crest stamps anymore? I read you can custom each sail.. but i've not figured out how to put the stamps back on them.. help? instructions please?

Pentokrator
04-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Friend, that's the thing about this beautiful game, you can't be on everyone's side at the same time, THAT's just the thing we need - paying a toll. (Game is making it's own rules with the help of players) Amazing.

Traciatim
04-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Can we not use our own crest stamps anymore? I read you can custom each sail.. but i've not figured out how to put the stamps back on them.. help? instructions please?

Put the sail in your inventory... put the stamp on it like you would any other item.

Hawksrepose
05-01-2015, 07:28 PM
I made the basic fish finder which says it can go onto 'all ships'. Sailed to a lighthouse- opened the customization. I see the slots for all of my existing clipper gear but can't get my fish finder to go into any slot. I pulled all the existing gear out and tried to slot it in place of a light etc but it won't go. What step am I missing? How do I get the fish finder on my clipper? Detailed instructions appreciated!

Saveric
05-02-2015, 09:25 AM
I made the basic fish finder which says it can go onto 'all ships'. Sailed to a lighthouse- opened the customization. I see the slots for all of my existing clipper gear but can't get my fish finder to go into any slot. I pulled all the existing gear out and tried to slot it in place of a light etc but it won't go. What step am I missing? How do I get the fish finder on my clipper? Detailed instructions appreciated!

It can go on all ships that have a radar slot. Clippers do not have a Radar slot on their boat, thus a radar cannot go on it.