PDA

View Full Version : dx9 vs dx11 graphic settings not saved

Rita
07-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Summary: graphic options when chosen under options will not get saved nor have impact; graphic options (gamma + dx9 vs dx11) when chosen from character selection screen options will be applied when restarting, but will be gone when logging out from the game.

Step-by-step:
Game client had chosen by itself dx9. However, with dx9 I have lots of textures missing (appear like black holes or just invisibe - very hard to play when cannot see where you are going). So I opted dx11 from options inside the game. Applied, had to restart.

Nevertheless, when restarted, it was still dx9. Seems like the graphic options chosen when inside the game will not be saved at all.

I chose dx11 again, restarted and this time I did also look at the options from character select screen and it showed dx9 still. (Character was missing their body, only had their head). I did chouse dx11 from options available at the character select screen. Restarted as required. This time the game started with dx11 behind the Archeage name at the edge of the game window and I was finally able to see the clothes on players and npcs as well as interiors of houses, stairs etc. However, when logging out and coming back next time, it has reverted back to darker gamma and dx9. So each time I want to play I'll have to start the game, enter server, tweak the options at character select screen, restart and then I can play.
Also when disconnected from the game. Have to log in twice. Oh and when playing with dx11 showing at the edge of the window, then ingame options (when in the game world and in character) still show that it is dx9.

This has happened every time (so far).

I would rate it 4. It is rather severe having to log in twice each time to be able to play.

System Specs: PC Windows Vista 64, Q6600 2.40, 4 GB RAM, Geforce GT 610, Thompson Speedtouch, DSL (wifi).

theshadow99
07-18-2014, 08:06 PM
I have a similar issue in that the game pics a wide screen resolution on my standard 3:4 monitor and so the picture looks horrid. Regardless of where I change it the next time the game crashes (or the much rarer times when I log out) I must go back and change it... again. The sliders seem to generally stay as I've seen the character texture slider stay were I set it (though the slider seemed to have no effect which within the game itself as I couldn't tell a difference).

Rita
07-21-2014, 03:26 PM
In addition to the graphic settings, the game randomly forgot other settings as well. Like shortcut bars, profanity filter, custmised key bindings etc
And always had to log in twice as even when I tried to adjust the options for a second time while logged into character, the game could never remember dx11 and went to dx9. Even when I edited cfg file manually prior to loggiing in - it could remember the 1 for intro movie, but overwrote dx selection to be dx9.
I could not play with dx9 as large part of textures were black holes or missing (invisible), e.g. the character had only her face on the character login screen and all else was missing or in game all characters appeared to wear either black ninja uniforms or sleek miniskirts and jumpers +interior was missing for houses, boat perches were just one big black mass etc.

I wanted to take a screemshot of it, but every time I attempted to take one, the game crashed. :)

Glove
08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Is the .cfg file, same problem here :

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?19922-First-thing-that-should-be-fixed-is-DX11-mode&highlight=dx11

Velimirius
08-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Yep, textures on dx9 are problematic indeed. I started on dx9 and saw that, then i switched to dx11 cuz gtx660 is supporting it, game was smooth on high no texture problems but got that stuttering while approaching or fighting near cities.

Then i went back to dx9 smooth as hell even no stuttering at all but still those blurred mashed up and black textures were back...

Tesseractual
08-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I was experiencing deteriorating textures every hour on DX11. I'm sure this has to do with a memory leak somewhere. I'm running a GTX780.

dcofjapan
09-18-2014, 01:00 AM
really?? WTF this gd game man! i was told that there are issues with dx11..so ive been trying to switch to dx9 but game REFUSES to close properly so the settings wont save. finally got this done switched to dx9 however now the game has no sound....really? i dont see any graphics issues with dx9 yet however but this sound issue is also kinda a problem lmao...

dcofjapan
09-18-2014, 01:03 AM
on dx11. (i use a tv as my monitor) so screen kept going black at random moments and saying no signal as if the computer went to sleep mode ..however archeage was still on my computer was still on. i dont have these issues with other games therefore archeage. yea i guess memory leak cus i was playing for 6hrs or more the first day just fine.