PDA

View Full Version : Uh... your HShield might be a bigger problem that I thought...

Kal El
07-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Apparently HShield toyed with all the games on my PC.

The reason I am saying this is because it's the only thing I've been working with in the past 2 days. I just gave up on it because I wanted to play Lineage2 and... well it was not working (considering that it has been working just fine until 2 days ago, no major update involved, no new things installed on my PC apart from Archeage)

Tested all my Steam games and some that I had left, nothing was working. Restarted PC 3 times, with no success.

Now I uninstalled Archeage and everything works fine again.

It might be just me, but I hope it does help your problem research in any way. (Also scanned for viruses 2 times, nothing found.)

Skyrant
07-18-2014, 06:48 PM
HackShield scans your whole PC and runs permanently as a hidden service that is unkillable by the OS or an Admin. It uses Backdoor and Malware methods to hack itself into the Windows OS and messes with basically everything on your system. It is one of the most intrusive and dangerous applications out there and companies still push it onto unsuspecting customers as part of their game. They should be taken to court.

It also sends all the information back to the HackShield Server. Use a traffic analyzer to see what it transmits.

Esuna
07-18-2014, 10:32 PM
HackShield scans your whole PC and runs permanently as a hidden service that is unkillable by the OS or an Admin. It uses Backdoor and Malware methods to hack itself into the Windows OS and messes with basically everything on your system. It is one of the most intrusive and dangerous applications out there and companies still push it onto unsuspecting customers as part of their game. They should be taken to court.

It also sends all the information back to the HackShield Server. Use a traffic analyzer to see what it transmits.

That is scary. O.o

As for the Steam thing, I got worried seeing this post and tried running a game. Seems fine, so that's a relief.

So in a nutshell XL Games forces Hackshield to come with the game whether we like it or not for the sole purpose of spying on our computers and collecting our info?
And Trion has become an accomplice.

XL Games sounds evil now. >_>

Greeker84
07-19-2014, 12:20 AM
AA has almost broken my PC, i've given up until it's fixed. I'm starting to wonder if hackshield is responsible for the large number of BSOD's people are getting too.