PDA

View Full Version : Texture Problem - Is this Normal? (pic)

navieko
07-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Can't for the life of me figure this out.... first of all, based on some pics I've seen from others - I believe there is something wrong with the ground texture on my install... just seems like a lot is "missing". I'm running on ultra high settings, steady 50 FPS... have tried various other settings, both DX9 and DX11, nothing seems to fix it.

Also I can't see any water... ponds/lakes or ocean water.

Here is a pic of my ground texture... this isn't normal is it?

http://s29.postimg.org/sss4wcerr/archeage_ground_texture.jpg

Tia Veneno
07-19-2014, 06:07 AM
try this
-if u have Nvidia, go to Nvidia control panel and reset all to default same as Ati graphics control panel
-download the latest gpu driver and restart the pc

navieko
07-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey thanks for the advice.

I tried what you said (got latest drivers and reset nvidia settings to default) but no change, unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

WNxArcticwolf
07-19-2014, 06:36 AM
you on 32 bit or 64 bit windows? the game has know problems with memory limits. which causes the textures to go like that if your system runs out of memory for the game.

Tia Veneno
07-19-2014, 07:34 AM
try disabling multi thread rendering that might help

WNxArcticwolf
07-19-2014, 07:38 AM
and disable anti thingy.

Fasti
07-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Hey thanks for the advice.

I tried what you said (got latest drivers and reset nvidia settings to default) but no change, unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

First up, disable Multithreading and Anti-aliasing, as have been suggested already, then close out the game for me. Once it is closed, delete your shaders cache folder.

This cache folder is located at \Documents\ArcheAge\USER\shaders\cache

Once that is gone, restart the game and see if you still have this issue. If you do, try going into your Nvidia Experience settings and click the Games tab along the top of the window. There should be a list of games there. ArcheAge will be right up there near the top, so try selecting that and launching the game to see if that helps.

Thanks!

navieko
07-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Okay so I tried disabling both multi thread rendering and anti aliasing, as well as deleting the cache folder as instructed above - still no change.

Next I opened up Nvidia Geforce Experience, however I was unable to use the 'Optimize' feature within the software as I get the following message:

"Unable to retrieve all current settings. Try restarting the game or changing the settings within the game first."

Now obviously I've already gone in and changed the settings within Archeage as well as restarted many times, so not sure what's up there. I uninstalled Geforce Experience and downloaded the latest version just in case, but same issue. :confused:

Appreciate the help anyhow guys.

Edit: Just for the sake of ruling everything out... I have been getting symptoms lately (BSOD, distorted lines through screen even at bootup) indicating that the video card could be having problems. Happens maybe once a day. The rest of the time it seems to work fine. Seems unlikely to me, but could it possibly be the cause?

Eskopommi
07-19-2014, 09:53 AM
truth is that last time I got some that lvl of bugs in game was with wc3. I had millenium edition from windows because I was lazy to change it to xp and it had horrible texture problems. I doubt this is helpful but you got newer windows than xp?

Edit: have you tested other games? I had one time graphic card which was just broken and in benchmark I saw that texture went totally wonky :D. maybe your card just broke down enough that it shows that kind of thing in game where it needs power. card can be broken and still show windows and stuff perfectly fine.

navieko
07-19-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm running:
Windows 7 64bit.
Intel Core i5 2500k OC @ 4.4 Ghz
MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr ii
8GB Ram

KramerMCB
07-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Have you tried to set the "Environment Quality" Textures from "Very High" to "High"?

Actually if I set this to Very High, I just have black textures everywhere, and no problem at all with High setting...

Or simply set your game in Full Screen mode (instead of windowed?)

navieko
07-19-2014, 04:40 PM
I've pretty much tried all the different combination of settings... low to normal, to high, to very high... but the texture problem remains.
Full screen and/or window mode doesn't help either.

MrFancy
07-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Do you have direct x11 on? If you do switch over to directx9. It might help. With my computer, the graphics on driectx11 is a bit jerky whereas driectx9 is smooth. If that doesn't help what is your computer stats?

navieko
07-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah I've tried both DX9 and DX11 with neither fixing the texture problem.

I'm running:
Windows 7 64bit.
8GB Ram

Breakclaw
07-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Ahh my friend you have unleashed the epic spell of Cartographers Eye! where you see all elevation changes in the land... You just leveled up!

navieko
07-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Ah yes - I suppose it is by god's will I shall survey these lands and make maps for all the world to use! :p

I'm now upgrading my graphics driver to the latest beta version (I had latest stable release) in hopes that that might fix any issues.

Getting desperate... :(

WNxArcticwolf
07-19-2014, 08:20 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35 download this install it and try again. and let me know if it fixes it.

navieko
07-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Yeah tried that, says I already have the latest version and wouldn't install.

Freygrin
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm running:
Windows 7 64bit.
8GB Ram

I was running out of memory at 8GB ram, granted each user is different, but I run pretty lean. Have you checked your performance history? I watch mine real time on my game key pad, which is helpful.

I upgraded and haven't had as many texture issues. Granted, never had yours. ;)

Trustukas
04-18-2015, 04:09 AM
Hey men i have same problem but i know how fix it soo: go Options>Quality>Shader Detail make max. Have fun :)