PDA

View Full Version : Crafting ability and it's uses

Silentravin
04-26-2015, 09:37 AM
So I know that the higher your proficiency the lower your labor costs get.....but is that officially it? Yes I've heard your crafting speed goes down and that your rare proc rate goes up with stuff Iike weapon smithing.....any proof to these claims? Hard facts please.

Tenki
04-26-2015, 10:38 AM
So I know that the higher your proficiency the lower your labor costs get.....but is that officially it? Yes I've heard your crafting speed goes down and that your rare proc rate goes up with stuff Iike weapon smithing.....any proof to these claims? Hard facts please.

These are for sure:
- With higher proficiency tier (starting at 20k) you get lower labor cost
- Production/action time goes down as well
- Experience gained per labor point used in that vocation goes up (ex: you gain more character exp from using labor on a 90k proficiency than you do with a 10k one)

Vocation-specific:
- Higher Cooking gives you a better chance to proc a good cookfire
- Higher Artistry lets you play back a previous tier's level of music sheet with no mistakes
- Higher Machining gives you stronger repair ability when repairing machines
- Higher Fishing lets you catch sports fish faster

For the muddier parts:
- I forgot where it was stated, but higher proficiency does give you better chance in harvesting rares: Logging/Gathering/Farming/Mining/Husbandry
- It's been officially stated by Scapes (since there were lots of rumors about Larceny) that after asking XLGames, increased Larceny has no effect on footprint chance and no effect on items gotten from coinpurses

As far as I know, there's no definitive information about proficiency's effect on the RNG crafting trees (Handicraft/Weaponry/Tailoring/Leatherwork/Metalwork)

Silentravin
04-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Awesome and thank you for this info

genbatzu
04-26-2015, 11:06 PM
- I forgot where it was stated, but higher proficiency does give you better chance in harvesting rares: Logging/Gathering/Farming/Mining/Husbandry

it's stated directly on a rare harvested item.

Another muddy part would be, that the chance to regrade something while crafting it to the next tier gets higher each new rank