PDA

View Full Version : Giant Black Pearls

Silentravin
04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Where can you find Giant Black Pearls. Their the items used for crafting. Do they come from pearls you plant on aqua farms?

Finnster
04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
I think black pearls can only be harvested from wild grown pearls. Which sucks. very much. Especially since the drop rate is neglectably small. I have 90k gathering and have not gotten one in roughly 250-300 harvested pearls.

Xollo
04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
They're rare but you can get them from aquafarms. The regular pearls sell for a tidy sum as well.

http://i.imgur.com/avMP3GU.jpg?1

TeaIce
04-28-2015, 08:26 AM
I think black pearls can only be harvested from wild grown pearls. Which sucks. very much. Especially since the drop rate is neglectably small. I have 90k gathering and have not gotten one in roughly 250-300 harvested pearls.

that is cool cuz i got 18 in like 2 days ( im not a aqua farm owner )
buy them of AH or explore the world :D

Haxel0rd
04-29-2015, 06:10 AM
that is cool cuz i got 18 in like 2 days :D

Thet lucky guy : D

Katki
05-04-2015, 06:33 AM
They're rare but you can get them from aquafarms. The regular pearls sell for a tidy sum as well.

Was this screenshot during alpha or recent? My guidie was telling me that you could get them during alpha off a farm, but since going live they only grow in the wild.

Please confirm *crosses fingers and hopes it is a recent SS*

Rayda
05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Black pearls grows wild (very rare) on places, where classic Pearl oysters grows.
I gather them at Fridich island and at pirate island.
They are blue shining and visible for long distance.

Xollo
05-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Screenshot was taken march 5th on Ollo.

Katki
05-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Screenshot was taken march 5th on Ollo.

You just made my day :) Thanks!

Baddiez
05-05-2015, 06:18 AM

Those UI bars 10/10 *bows down to master farmer XD Hotkeyed seeds this guy knows whats up.

Mozam
05-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I can confirm you can get these from planting oysters on your aquafarm, but they seem to be about as rare as thunderstruck trees.

Finnster
05-10-2015, 05:55 AM
I don't really want to compare them to TS trees. My understanding is that the rate increases with your proficiency. Or is that wrong?

ironicsilence
05-10-2015, 08:57 AM
In theory if its a rare harvest and not something like going TS then proficiency should make a difference, but in practice...im over 90k and have never getting a single black pearl from a harvest

Xollo
05-10-2015, 05:56 PM
It's like thunderstruck. Proficiency has no effect. If you get a black pearl it's just a black pearl sitting on the ground when you show up to harvest.

Durdles
05-10-2015, 06:35 PM
These sell for 350g-400g on my server...

Katki
05-11-2015, 06:55 AM
It's like thunderstruck. Proficiency has no effect. If you get a black pearl it's just a black pearl sitting on the ground when you show up to harvest.

When you hover over it does it say black pearl or do you have to harvest it to find out?

incognitoz
05-11-2015, 07:04 AM
planted an ungodly amount of pearls and haven't gotten one on my farm besides the natural pearl spawn that's under my farm, most likely what happened in the screenshot?

Mozam
05-13-2015, 08:15 AM
I don't believe the proc rate is related to proficiency. It seems to be the same mechanic as the TS tree. You plant pearl oysters on your farm and wait for them to mature. If you are lucky, one of them will change into a black pearl shell that you can subsequently harvest for a black pearl. It's not a rare harvest like other grand rares that you get when you do the act of harvesting. You don't interact with the pearl oyster to change it into a black pearl shell. It does this on it's own, like the TS tree mechanic. You return to your aquafarm, and there it is in the place of one of the pearl oysters you planted. I don't know if you have to wait for the pearl oyster to mature to know if it will change to a black pearl, of if it can change to a black pearl at a time before maturity.

When a regular pearl oyster changes to a black pearl, you will know it. It glows very brightly. You can see it from a mile away. It will look like a regular large pearl oyster, but with an intense glowing light about it -- like in the screenshot earlier in this thread. I don't remember what the text label says when you mouse over it on the sea floor. I have only gotten one on my aquafarms and I was too excited to notice that detail.

I had seen it rumored you could get them from aquafarms since I started looking for black pearl info last year, but never had it confirmed until I got one on my own farm a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've been planting all pearl oysters and haven't gotten another.

Mozam
05-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Also, a guildmate of mine found a black pearl spawn in the wild while hunting for sunken treasure. When he harvested the wild spawn, he got two black pearls from the single glowing shell he found. So I believe it is possible to get more than one black pearl from a single black pearl spawn on your aquafarm too.

He found it in the acadian sea and I asked him to take me to the spot. It was on the deep ocean floor and what was odd was that there wasn't anything around it. No regular pearl oysters or coral decoration or anything else. It was just out by itself on the deep ocean, not near a beach or island, in one of those large bare sandy areas.

Allyisah
05-13-2015, 11:49 AM
I call those mythic pearls.. Ive been farming wild pearls for days and Ive never found any of those. Its a big expense just to craft Illust and mag. There is no guarantee u will get or gold back for the cost of them in the AH. Its easy it is to get mats for the prismatic diamonds.

Filanis
05-16-2015, 05:17 AM
Hi all,
I'm agree with you about the blacks pearls... I'm at 100K of handicraft and it's very hard to find a viable oyster. In my server the BP start price is 350gold (and getting up). And with the consequence is the price of ring, collar, earing are becoming insane
The path to find a black pearl is very long : I travelled under the sea a long day an night and walked on the beach in the same way (nose in the sand searching a bright point). And there was an unlucky path.

That's why I'm trying to test the aquafarm on freedrich (we are only two on the aquafarm.. very strange ^^)... let's see.

Why not using the farmer's workshop to give the possibility to grow black pearls like daru bundles ?
It could be a legitimate way to increase the very low drop rate. You can put restriction on it (need 45k on handicraft or harvesting, 3000 master insign...)... or not.

Handicraft was a pain to level up before the patch but there was the possibility to have money with it (agi ring was a prosperous way to refund the craft component). Right now is so easy to get up on level conquerant but so hardcore to get an illustrious or so on...
Oh yes it could be a jackpot to get one but so long also to send it

Filanis

Cylonfrak
05-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Personally I think Prismatic Pearls should be for Eph+ and prismatic diamond (which is far far easier to make) should be for illust and mag. If you get stuck on illust or mag, it can be hard to make any decent profit over what you would just selling the black pearls themselves.

Filanis
05-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Personally I think Prismatic Pearls should be for Eph+ and prismatic diamond (which is far far easier to make) should be for illust and mag. If you get stuck on illust or mag, it can be hard to make any decent profit over what you would just selling the black pearls themselves.

I don't remember but it wasn't the case before the patch ? I don't remember to be so stuck because of the black pearl

Drakias
05-19-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't remember but it wasn't the case before the patch ? I don't remember to be so stuck because of the black pearl

Its the same as before the patch, But before the patch people rarely got up to the point of needing black pearls so the prices stayed low as there was not a high demand for them. At this point the stockpile of pre 1.7A pearls is gone and we have to rely off of finding more to fuel the crafting.

On other news I found a lvl 13 eastern character that was teleport botting around harvesting pearls on my server. I don't know how wide spread this is on others but I hope its a rare instance rather than the norm.

Litre
05-22-2015, 05:13 PM
LiveStream said there will be new avenues to get them, and they will try to give us as much warning as possible... Whatever that means, it's time to start selling them.

Societal
05-23-2015, 09:52 AM
LiveStream said there will be new avenues to get them, and they will try to give us as much warning as possible... Whatever that means, it's time to start selling them.
The only thing they mentioned in the livestream was a reference to a one-time event that KR AA had. They didn't say they were going to do anything more consistent like adding them as a permanent item in the loyalty store.

Katki
05-28-2015, 04:31 AM
I have planted well over 1k in pearls now and nothing. I really hope they do something other than an event or adding them to the store.

Sintillate
05-28-2015, 04:37 AM
I have 110k+ gathering, was capped at 90k for months and i have planted 100s and 100s, if not 1000s of pearls and not see a single rare pearl.

Myrgatroid
05-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Shudder to think of all those that died pre patch for their sparkling shell dust in my library/kingdoms :( There were times it was much cheaper to buy the Black Pearls than the raw sparkling dust, abalone OR penshells! Insanity.

Societal
05-31-2015, 12:45 AM
I've stopped planting them on aquafarms. The price of regular pearls have dropped so low they aren't worth the labor. It's better to hunt in the wild for the black pearls and find some penshell/abalone along the way.