PDA

View Full Version : Are hackers still taking housing?

DragonWizardJeff
04-27-2015, 10:45 AM
This is a serious question, I'm not trolling. I legitimately want to know if it was as bad as it was last year because I'm considering playing again.

Crazy Mike
04-27-2015, 03:20 PM
theres space in almost every housing area on my server, low population but nonetheless it shouldn't be too different on larger ones

Shalille
04-27-2015, 04:53 PM
In Naima, any demolitions in safe zones, will attract 2-3 lev 15 guildless players with wierd random names.

They will win the demolition, build the structure, then put it on public appraisal sale for 500-1000 depending on location.
Due to the changes to appraisal system its very easy for them to do this now as it only costs 1 cert.

Its possible they are legitimate players with "good ping and a stopwatch" , but they are still afraid to do this with their main accounts, certainly not their main character, and seem to prefer to use a throw away alt patron acct so that even if it gets banned they dont lose their nest egg.

###

That said, the housing situation is much better overall, you can get free land in Auroria and conflict zones. The hackers still take the safe land, but not so many ppl care to even turn up to try anymore so the hacker issue is mostly out of sight and has been swept under the carpet.

But prime safe zones are and will always be taken by hackers.....until theres some drastic change to the current land claiming system.

Meridian
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
This is a serious question, I'm not trolling. I legitimately want to know if it was as bad as it was last year because I'm considering playing again.

Still pretty common on Ollo, at least in the west. However, you can get land in Auroria via demo.

arathon4real
04-28-2015, 06:42 PM
it still happens but not nearly as much as it use to