PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the Strategist?

AMcJV12
04-09-2014, 10:18 PM
As somebody who doesn't have access to ArcheAge proper, I've spent waaaaaaaay too much time on a variety of skill calculators copying skillsets I see online or on streams, sighing loudly, and sadly whispering "Someday..." One build I was fooling around with is Archery/Calling/Protection, aka the Strategist. I was wondering: does anyone play this class/have experience playing with or against it? If so, is it good, or at least fun? Is it a common class? On the surface, I think it'd be a bit weird for an archer class to run around with what seem like tank skills, but it also seems like it could have a really interesting and varied playstyle. Then again, I don't actually know jack crap about playing this game, so I'm probably completely wrong on both counts.

TL;DR What's Strategist like?

Darth Futuza
04-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Lol, sounds like Shiroe. Unfortunately I'm not in alpha and I can't read Russian so I couldn't tell you.

AMcJV12
04-09-2014, 10:38 PM
You might not be able to read Russian, but total props for the reference anyways.

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
It's a decent Archer build. It's not the best against certain classes because you lack the mobility you need for an Archer but it's really good against other Archers. It's very newb friendly but when you learn to play the Archer well you'll understand how Archery/Finesse/Will is a little comfortable and more versatile.