PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft!!

s3dr0f
04-28-2015, 07:28 AM
What happened to Witchcraft is totally mess, NERFED So much, you made so many classes even worthless now, as a defiler, dreambreaker and so many which uses Witchcraft as a main DMG class.

Lowering the base dmg of Earthen Grip & Enervate from 300% to 200% totally wrong!

And the cooldown of Enervate from 18 seconds to 24 seconds.

Think about it, you just ruined so many classes.. ;/

TechNique
04-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Witchcraft was meant to be a CC/Anti-CC skill tree so to give it such good scaling damage on its 2 most commonly used skills was unnecessary.

Nieth
04-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Pick up Sorcery until they nerf Gods Whip.

Actually, just play Primeval or Darkrunner like everyone else. Those are the two safe classes that will remain on top

/end thread

Nieth
04-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Witchcraft was meant to be a CC/Anti-CC skill tree so to give it such good scaling damage on its 2 most commonly used skills was unnecessary.
It was meant as a CC/Anti CC tree? Thanks Jake.

thinkfirst
04-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Pick up Sorcery until they nerf Gods Whip.

Actually, just play Primeval or Darkrunner like everyone else. Those are the two safe classes that will remain on top

/end thread

the nerf is there if u plan to cast only few first hits, unless u cast all 5 on time :P

Crazy Mike
04-28-2015, 07:44 AM
gg witchcraft noob

Fantic
04-28-2015, 07:56 AM
no DR get pushed about the so low atm hahaha fail

hooligan
04-28-2015, 08:05 AM
♥♥♥♥♥craft/skillcraft

Arkray
04-28-2015, 08:16 AM
My class is one of the damaged ones :(

But well, I surely enjoyed it while it lasted and still not sure if I will change my main class after the nerf, I guess it will be a lot harder to 1vs1 now, if it's still viable, but I still see potential for it in group. Release the Banshee! :p

Aldween
04-28-2015, 08:53 AM
QQ moar.
Daggerspell still one of the best mage class.

Dremlock
04-28-2015, 09:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

Moose Wayne
04-28-2015, 09:36 AM
I picked up one of those crappy mob drop staves on the AH yesterday so I could AoE farm giants in Rookborne. I check the stats and it's not even illustrious, but it's only 30g so I take it anyways. I respec into Demonologist to maximize AoE and I pick up enervate, mudhand, focal concussion and lassitude to use if someone ganks me while farming. Some dumbass darkrunner in plate tries killing me after I got done farming some mobs. Guards kill him once despite the fact that he could have one shot me at that point. He respawns next to town and tries killing me again. He does, but guards kick his ♥♥♥ again. I realize how ******edly bad this guy is so I go about farming after I respawn. He jumps me again right after I finish mobs, but I didn't pull as many because I knew he was there. He jumps at me, I use focal, hit him with lassitude, channel meteor on him after he falls asleep, finish him off with poophand combo.

tl;dr Using a crappy staff not even illustrious tier, I killed a dude because of witchcraft. ♥♥♥♥♥ was salty and blocked me shortly after I told him to pick up Bondbreaker so he wouldn't rekt by lassitude or mudhand

Arkray
04-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Darkrunners crying about witchcraft... 1234ing people must be so hard :rolleyes:

Crazy Mike
04-28-2015, 10:38 AM

lololololololoolololol

wherethehellami
04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
if you think this wasnt necessary think again, just using witchcraft i could kill a blighter in plate easily with a t1 serp staff, just witchcraft..............

D3monologist
04-28-2015, 11:42 AM

IT'S HAPPENING THIS PAIR OF MY BALLS !!!!

This morning I opened a ticket asking for the restoration of two of my skill as they were before patch.

I do not care what you think and what the game developers think.

My only occupation is Demonologist and my name as same in the game.

I'm not going to do other skillset, otherwise YOU put only a class in the game and do become monotonous this ArcheAge game.

The skill enervate its already TOO SLOW to hit to the enemy on the distance....we needed was this stupid nerf....and THE END FOR DEMONOLOGIST IS ARRIVED !

Stop to write unnecessary comments, there are skillset by oneshot and I have to defend myself !

Integrity
04-28-2015, 11:48 AM
I didn't give a crap about the damage nerf-- but the cooldown on enervate is overkill.

Ginsu
04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Classes that relied on Enervate/Mudhand are catching the short end of the stick for sure, maybe it's time to rely on more than 2 skills for damage. If you used WC as a main damage tree you were always doing it wrong, the dev team is just helping to nudge you in the right direction. The poophand combo as main dmg output has only every really been viable for well geared players who will now have to readjust their overall strategies. These are the players who come here with an air of self-entitlement and expect the game to change to match theirs needs instead of the other way around. Witchcraft is finally relegated to it's rightful place as the CC tree it always attempted to be, and by extension this makes Occultism more effective in relation to the other two M-Atk based skill sets. If you want to do damage spec into a damage skill tree, quit expecting massive damage from poophand.

Neodoc
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
I didn't give a crap about the damage nerf-- but the cooldown on enervate is overkill.

it was needed cuz lowerin dmg a lil bit isnt goin to stop it from being super useful. making it so u cant use the combo for 24 seconds makes the class more so how it was intended to be. its not a dmg tree its a cc tree

Linc
04-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Honestly the biggest nerf is the extra 6 secs on enervate. Delph scepters will still be hitting hard with it. And the defense buffs more than make up for it. Troll classes might have to work a little bit harder to be as trolly. Witch + Def will still be OP and annoying as ♥♥♥♥.

Integrity
04-28-2015, 12:53 PM
it was needed cuz lowerin dmg a lil bit isnt goin to stop it from being super useful. making it so u cant use the combo for 24 seconds makes the class more so how it was intended to be. its not a dmg tree its a cc tree

um... I was using it for it's debuffs/combos-- as I believe it was designed to be-- not it's damage. Thus, I could not care less about it's damage.

Nukk
04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm in two minds about the changes. Was the change needed? For glass cannon mages stacking INT, using staves and using it to blow things up with get big heals in the process? YES! For tanky classes using scepter & shield using it for sustainability and mana drain purposes? NO!

Instead of trying to rework it to keep it strong for the latter paradigm, they just over nerfed it so that it is no longer over powered on the big nukers. Unfortunately, they put a big dent in the under played classes in the process.

We're already well on our way to 2 sorc, 2 melee, 2 archer and 1 tank PvP viable 1 on 1 classes and this put us further down the road.

I'll still play my defiler 1 on 1 now and then but I'll probably stick to group play and switch to skullknight for big PvP mostly from now on.

Maybe in a couple of years they may realise that they should have certain skills scale with INT or STAM etc. instead of blanket changing everything and pushing the player base into a tiny subset of over played classes.

TenDesires
04-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately, they put a big dent in the under played classes in the process.

Underplayed? HAHAHAHAHA.

Witchcraft / Defense classes were overplayed my dear, and that was because they were broken no-skill classes thanks to Enervate / Mudhand high damage and self-heal. No other class in the game is relying on a non-main damage tree to output a high amount of damage.

The nerf just puts Enervate and Earthen Grip on the same level as Shield Slam, Bull Rush, Critical Discord, Dissonance, Comet's Boon and Vicious Implosion, just like it should be (that is, mainly utility skills with an added damage component).

Gamemako
04-28-2015, 06:02 PM
The nerf just puts Enervate and Earthen Grip on the same level as Shield Slam, Bull Rush, Critical Discord, Dissonance, Comet's Boon and Vicious Implosion, just like it should be (that is, mainly utility skills with an added damage component).

I'm with you here except Critical Discord, which is just a mega filler with 300% damage and a stacking crit buff. It will out-DPS the hell out of damn near anything, actually -- if you're just mashing bosses, mash this button instead of Flamebolt. Just has a cast time that can't be removed and has no valuable combo effect.

Tammuz
04-28-2015, 07:12 PM
nerf was BADLY needed, witchcraft is intended to be CC and support, it was by far the most OP skill tree, the nerfs properly tone it down as opposed to letting this one skill tree perma stunlock mele classes...

the nerf brings enervate/mudhand into line with all other CC and utility skills out there

most of us had been eagerly awaiting (and knew about from korean 1.7) this particular ballence change since Alpha

now the real fights can begin

TenDesires
04-28-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm with you here except Critical Discord, which is just a mega filler with 300% damage and a stacking crit buff. It will out-DPS the hell out of damn near anything, actually -- if you're just mashing bosses, mash this button instead of Flamebolt. Just has a cast time that can't be removed and has no valuable combo effect.

Yeah, I was hesitant to add it because of its high damage despite the cast time (even though 1 second is very small), however I do think the combo effect with Charm can be somewhat interesting in some situations. Furthermore, it doesn't really make Songcraft a good standalone damage skillset for PvP like the Enervate & Earthen Grip combo does.

Silentravin
04-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Darkrunners crying about witchcraft... 1234ing people must be so hard :rolleyes:

Lol I agree....I'm a daggerspell and can name many many different combos......archer....roll face on keyboard op for maximum endless arrows...darkrunner type classes.....shank the bi**h....keep shanking until b**ch slapped for thinking that would work

maxwell
04-29-2015, 12:34 AM
this is messed up
the combo for enervate and grip was my best choice for pve all the time
it had not much usage on pvp why would they nerf it why
the damage is nerfed and all and the return hp and mana you get is also nerfed
its just messed up

it was my style to keep damage , keep distance and cc
but now the timer is longer
and im a solo player who only does pve
damn this isnt nice for me :(

HyuuGakro
04-29-2015, 12:38 AM
I'm in two minds about the changes. Was the change needed? For glass cannon mages stacking INT, using staves and using it to blow things up with get big heals in the process? YES! For tanky classes using scepter & shield using it for sustainability and mana drain purposes? NO!

Instead of trying to rework it to keep it strong for the latter paradigm, they just over nerfed it so that it is no longer over powered on the big nukers. Unfortunately, they put a big dent in the under played classes in the process.

We're already well on our way to 2 sorc, 2 melee, 2 archer and 1 tank PvP viable 1 on 1 classes and this put us further down the road.

I'll still play my defiler 1 on 1 now and then but I'll probably stick to group play and switch to skullknight for big PvP mostly from now on.

Maybe in a couple of years they may realise that they should have certain skills scale with INT or STAM etc. instead of blanket changing everything and pushing the player base into a tiny subset of over played classes.

have to agree on this. i also agree witchcraft was a bit op but dmg reduction was more than enough the cd inc on skill is just too much. right now tank mages that do not want to rely on godswhip based classes have notting they can do in 1vs1 as for group yeah skull knight is only thing to roll now.

aslso defiler dreambreaker and shadow knight have never been a "noob" 2 skill class it takes time to learn the combo since you need to use diffrent combo on diffrent classes.

and precision strike buff GG DR all the way i guess

ouchitall
04-29-2015, 12:57 AM
you forgot assassin class, but not for mudhand, the enverate cool down timer increased :(

Tammuz
04-29-2015, 01:18 AM
this is messed up
the combo for enervate and grip was my best choice for pve all the time
it had not much usage on pvp why would they nerf it why
the damage is nerfed and all and the return hp and mana you get is also nerfed
its just messed up

it was my style to keep damage , keep distance and cc
but now the timer is longer
and im a solo player who only does pve
damn this isnt nice for me :(

umm yeah, so basicly you dont think its OP in pvp, but you dont pvp anyhow...

from someone who does, let me assure you: it was OP as hell in pvp, nerf was badly needed and the ONLY reason this forum wasnt filled with hate threads is because everyone KNEW from the korean 1.7 patch notes that there was light at the end of the tunnel

akmaggot666
04-29-2015, 03:20 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?184877-Witchcraft-The-Begin-of-Nerf-Saga

REKT

maxwell
04-29-2015, 03:58 AM
umm yeah, so basicly you dont think its OP in pvp, but you dont pvp anyhow...

from someone who does, let me assure you: it was OP as hell in pvp, nerf was badly needed and the ONLY reason this forum wasnt filled with hate threads is because everyone KNEW from the korean 1.7 patch notes that there was light at the end of the tunnel

iknow what youre talking i can understand but then
who would need that much time in pvp to wait for ANOTHER use of that combo .. this enervate + grip combo was my main thing and it was absolutely for pve usage the the damage reduction we can deal with it but the increase in cooldown time is just too much nerfing

and they buffed some mobs too
its like all they care about is pvp while AA's goal was to make it good for everyone
what are they thinking should a mage wear plate armor to do some alone hardcore pve here ???

i get it why witch craft dmg was suppose to be nerfed yeah its a cc skill set but cd increase is just too much.

Nieth
04-29-2015, 04:15 AM
Just play a Darkrunner like everyone else. Or primeval

Tenki
04-29-2015, 05:36 AM
iknow what youre talking i can understand but then
who would need that much time in pvp to wait for ANOTHER use of that combo .. this enervate + grip combo was my main thing and it was absolutely for pve usage the the damage reduction we can deal with it but the increase in cooldown time is just too much nerfing

and they buffed some mobs too
its like all they care about is pvp while AA's goal was to make it good for everyone
what are they thinking should a mage wear plate armor to do some alone hardcore pve here ???

With the cooldown passive, it wasn't completely unheard of for a witch mage to be able to use a second enervate-grip if the first set of CCs--> spike damage didn't kill.

Buffing mobs doesn't really mean too much except find a party to work with.

MMO and all that.

D3monologist
04-29-2015, 07:03 AM
If you used WC as a main damage tree you were always doing it wrong.

Hey you, ♥♥♥♥ing Genius, as Demonologist, with combo enervate/grip, i kill, excuse me, I was killing easily more boss and mob with more HP than normal. Infact, now i am level 50.

At this point, I'm really happy that i have not yet spent my real money on ArcheAge, ... in the end always wins the opinion of the mass ... that is wrong as usual.

maxwell
04-29-2015, 08:10 AM
Hey you, ♥♥♥♥ing Genius, as Demonologist, with combo enervate/grip, i kill, excuse me, I was killing easily more boss and mob with more HP than normal. Infact, now i am level 50.

At this point, I'm really happy that i have not yet spent my real money on ArcheAge, ... in the end always wins the opinion of the mass ... that is wrong as usual.

im a demonologist too and i wont change it i love it

maxwell
04-29-2015, 08:13 AM
With the cooldown passive, it wasn't completely unheard of for a witch mage to be able to use a second enervate-grip if the first set of CCs--> spike damage didn't kill.

Buffing mobs doesn't really mean too much except find a party to work with.

MMO and all that.

iknow youre right partly but still it is how i like to play
i agree with damage reduction OR cooldown time
but not both its not fair

you know i am demonologist but my build is has ONLY skills from sorcery and witchcraft and i dont use occ at all
so the grip and enervate combo was my BEST cc
even better than flame and bubble and others..

FluXIx
04-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Im a daggerspell.. and ill admit the mudhand nerf needed to happen.. its still a good skil, n combo just not op.. the godwhip nerf hurt a little but whatever.

Neodoc
04-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Im a daggerspell.. and ill admit the mudhand nerf needed to happen.. its still a good skil, n combo just not op.. the godwhip nerf hurt a little but whatever.

the whip nerf is barely noticable tbh and according to the patchnotes last i saw, it onyl enrfed the first 2 hits and boosted the last 2.

TechNique
04-29-2015, 07:23 PM
the whip nerf is barely noticable tbh and according to the patchnotes last i saw, it onyl enrfed the first 2 hits and boosted the last 2.

That's a big nerf and I already notice that mages in 1v1 arena don't just throw their God's Whip and the start of the match to chip me off any more because it's not worth to put it on CD so early for very little damage. Before the nerf, mages would just toss it, chunk my HP while I have to waste an escape then they just play it smart and safe to kill me.

Ziii
04-30-2015, 03:51 AM
Throwing it around without cc in a 1v1 match wasnt a good idea from the first place, it's easily countered by mobility.