PDA

View Full Version : New Players Can't Get Housing Land or Farms.

Zooni
04-28-2015, 03:40 PM
10 minutes after logging onto to Archeage with the new land patch 1.7, it was all gone. Players dropping 2 to 3 houses and the same players who already have housing East and West. Large guilds camped the entry zones land and water and then took all the land.

What is the purpose of paying for Patron when a few players can own all the land and new players are out of luck.

Mean while Trion/XL games are creating land expansion certificates. Yes that will solve the problem no land for new players and existing players can expand even more.

Saveric
04-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Land Expansion Certs are just for Gazebo.

Main issue with the larger servers where there are a lot of people and no land it is because players keep buying the land from those that just place it with the only purpose is to sell it.

As long as people keep buying the land from them every patch that adds land they will try to do this stealing a large amount of land.

Sometimes you can get demos from the taxes not being paid. But generally this isn't the case as then there are people running 3rd party programs that displays houses coming down in zones without even checking the houses themselves so they just know by walking into the area what is going down and then use a Mouse Macro supplied by the same program to steal land less than a second it drops to only try to sell it again.

Maybe 2.0 if the other areas with the new races is add a ton of land will all open up at once in the main continents and then you will be able to get the land. (Yes I always am one of the ones to place 2 new lands when a patch hits, did the same for DS and did the same for GR. I got the 2 spots I wanted for this patch had it planned out from the PTS).

Ordovicia
04-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Other than the first house I placed during the head start period (only one 16x16) I have never placed another. I simply save gold and buy them from people. I slowly accumulated 8 surrounding properties over the last 6 months by simply buying them from people. Takes a bit of time and patience if you do not play 24/7, but totally doable. I in-game mail people that I am interested in there property and then the negotiations begin.

Mortia
04-30-2015, 07:35 AM
I have a breezy and an aquafarm aquired way after headstart. Yesterday i decided to try out the new archeum trees so i went to Nuimari and after about 5 minutes found a nice little place to drop my 16 x 16.

There is land all over available. Just broaden your expectations and be prepared to pay a little for the high demand areas if that is what you really want.

Calim
04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
New players have to work for land and farms.

This is a better title.

OnlyOneShinobi
05-01-2015, 04:19 AM
10 minutes after logging onto to Archeage with the new land patch 1.7, it was all gone. Players dropping 2 to 3 houses and the same players who already have housing East and West. Large guilds camped the entry zones land and water and then took all the land.

What is the purpose of paying for Patron when a few players can own all the land and new players are out of luck.

Mean while Trion/XL games are creating land expansion certificates. Yes that will solve the problem no land for new players and existing players can expand even more.

Getting land takes effort, time, and money. It has always been difficult to get started owning land, and people need to realize it. I started in headstart and spent my first month with nothing but an 8x8.

Paying for patron is a good investment because it allows you to make money by burning labor faster. In fact many of the wealthy people don't even own land. They craft.

But if you want land you have to be patient, and willing to buy from someone. You also have to be willing to start in a less than desirable area until you make enough money to move. It's like real life.

I made a video specifically for people with this type of complaint. if you want secrets to owning large swaths of land start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EklF6hrCFJE

Treawraith
05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
There should be no reason to buy land from somebody else!

This is ridiculous and I agree that there should be more options!

I spent gilda stars on house plans, and now that I look at the land there is nothing open for a 24x24 plot.

Refund request anyone?

LOL

Treawraith
05-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Getting land takes effort, time, and money. It has always been difficult to get started owning land, and people need to realize it. I started in headstart and spent my first month with nothing but an 8x8.

Paying for patron is a good investment because it allows you to make money by burning labor faster. In fact many of the wealthy people don't even own land. They craft.

But if you want land you have to be patient, and willing to buy from someone. You also have to be willing to start in a less than desirable area until you make enough money to move. It's like real life.

I made a video specifically for people with this type of complaint. if you want secrets to owning large swaths of land start here:

It doesn't take time and money to get LAND, all it takes is someone hording everything and robing other people of enjoying the game!

Kloee
05-01-2015, 09:20 AM

I have to agree 100% with this post. It took me months to acquire 2 16's that were side by side. My first 3 plots I paid a decent amount of gold for. I used 8x8's to block off areas. I traded spots with people. I overpaid for more desirable spots.

It has taken me months but I now own a large chunk in Lilyut Hills.

Not everything in a game is meant to be given for free.

Annouke
05-01-2015, 09:47 AM
If you want land you really only have 3 options. Run those trade packs and get enough gold to buy from someone, keep in mind certain places go higher then others. Another option would be go to the east or western zones to check for their land depending on which side your on even though you'll spend more hereafter that way u can still farm there and run your side's packs using materials gained (more effort involved esp. when building and being able to be killed [until 1.8] ). Last option is to wait for more zones to open up / demos. Also, don't say there is no land when even tho you have to rebuild every week, you can place farms around the temp. garden zones in solzreed or gwen....just something to think about.

luniz
05-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Come to lucius, plenty of land here!

Calim
05-01-2015, 11:18 AM

Good Job Kloee!

In fact almost everything is meant to take work and effort to get in this game. I find it satisfying to see the product of my hard work.

Focslain
05-01-2015, 01:38 PM
I lucked out in my house in Silent forest, however I had to buy my plot in Arcum. Got a bit of buyers remorse when several lots opened up around me a month later, but that's the breaks (not to mention my massive waste of a buy/sell in Falcorth)

But you learn. Most of the trade packs I was making for money was through public farms and wild gathering.

But there is a housing market in this game, with that you will have those that will gooble up new land quickly so they can sell it. That's how they make thier living.

Kloee
05-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Good Job Kloee!

In fact almost everything is meant to take work and effort to get in this game. I find it satisfying to see the product of my hard work.

I run across my land now and I can recall every trade, demo, and purchase that got me here. I know the name of every person that helped me in some way.

It's rewarding. 10 16's and a gazebo that are never empty and are always in use. I've even borrowed out pieces to new players that are trying to get a foothold of their own. Usually after a few weeks they tell me they have gotten their own land and no longer need my alt in their family. Then I find another player to help.

OnlyOneShinobi
05-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I run across my land now and I can recall every trade, demo, and purchase that got me here. I know the name of every person that helped me in some way.

It's rewarding. 10 16's and a gazebo that are never empty and are always in use. I've even borrowed out pieces to new players that are trying to get a foothold of their own. Usually after a few weeks they tell me they have gotten their own land and no longer need my alt in their family. Then I find another player to help.

Exactly!

New patrons expect that land will just open up as soon as they pay. What they don't realize is that people like us who have such large property holding have spent TONS of time and a considerable amount of effort, stress, and headaches getting our desired land.

It's challenging and rewarding to get a large plantation up and running and to continue to grow and expand your land. It isn't easy, and never was.

OnlyOneShinobi
05-01-2015, 08:42 PM
It doesn't take time and money to get LAND, all it takes is someone hording everything and robing other people of enjoying the game!

It DOES take time and money. Did you watch the video?

It took me two months, guild effort and contributions, negotiation with upwards of 10-15 people, and around 10,000 gold or more to purchase, demo, and construct the current property my guild and I own collectively.

I didn't pay for patron yesterday. I've been patron since day 1.

You don't win at monopoly on your first time around the board.

SilentSagas
05-01-2015, 11:06 PM
This isn't the "Great Expansion." Don't treat the game as "a land of free opportunity." You have to buy land in this game the same as you do in America. "Free Land" is gone. Land is a commodity. Buy it as you do anything else.

BruniTTo
05-02-2015, 06:21 AM
I Have a decent amount of land, I never paid any gold for it. Ive been sitting up some late nights camping stuff going down, and been lucky since no one was around. Ive gotten 2x24x24 1x28x28 & 3 16x16 I started out with only 1 8x8 in the head start. If you want land as a new player, join a guild make some friends and take over their land if they stop playing or want to scale down on their tax, because they want to be less active. Its just like the real world, no bank will just give you money for your dream house. You will have to work hard for a long time before they want to help you.

Richardson
05-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Played in Shatigon (EU) before got a 16*16 farm and a Farmhouse. It was pretty hard to get but in due time i was able to get land. Now i just rerolled into Naima (NA) I see alot 16*16 spaces in PVP areas. And i was able to place a 28*28 house in golden ruins area when the new patch hit.

My view in the whole finding land is: if u are in a high pop server just roam the zones to find demolition dates and keep going to them. Luck is involved when u are there with multiple people. If u have guild member u could try to wait for a demo in pvp areas and take the area by killing everyone there (watch out for the cloaked players).

I believe people who complain about the lack of land are the people who expect land within the first week of playing. On my shatigon server it took me 2 months before i had my farmhouse.

So people who want to own land search and have patiens and keep trying. :)

maiyah
05-03-2015, 05:30 AM
There should be no reason to buy land from somebody else!

This is ridiculous and I agree that there should be more options!

I spent gilda stars on house plans, and now that I look at the land there is nothing open for a 24x24 plot.

Refund request anyone?

LOL

This is about as silly a post as I've read in months. The buying and selling of land make up part of our economy. What other options would satisfy you? So you bought a house plan, so what? That is only half the homeowner equation. Just like in real life you have to have property to put it on. I'm baffled anyone would think otherwise. Also, before I buy a large home design? I get my land first and put down a temporary place holder design. Then I go spend my guild.

divStar
05-04-2015, 06:47 AM
I worked my way up from a 16x16 in Northern Two Crowns, to a 24x24 in Nuimari, to a 24x24 + 16x16 + a couple of 8x8s in Cinderstone and now 2x24x24 and a 28x28 in White Arden Luxury area (all next to each other) as well as a 24x24 I am keeping for the guild. It was not easy and I am a patron as well and while I still think it would be great if we had some instanced housing in this game as well (e.g. apartments in Marianople or elsewhere with just a rent, instanced), I don't think this will happen. I totally understand the trouble you are having, but Patron does not guarantee you a spot. It would be nice if it was easier to get, but well - it isn't.

What's worse and what I am concerned about though, is, that some day they might merge servers and someone would lose the land. If I was to lose my land, I'd quit - no matter the compensation (unless it is equal land in a similar spot, which probably will not be possible).

Shalille
05-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Theres 2 main issues causing the problem:

(1) Firstly its much too easy to lazily profit from vast amounts of land :

You can have 10 gazebo farms, and spend about 50 minutes chopping and planting 220 pine trees.........once every 2-3 days. Thats an average of 20 minutes a day spent working your land.

Every day your rewarded with an average of 1-2 thunderstruck trees.

The profits from this pays for taxes, apex, patron status ....for quite a tiny amount of work performed once every 2- 3 days depending on climate.
(You can also grow larders for similar profits if you have a good location, allthough it is quite a bit more work.)

Because one person can successfully do this and hog so much land, for so little effort. This keeps a high value on land and ensures that theres very little available for new players.
Thats enough land for about 40 cottages and scarecrows, for perhaps 20 new players, all being used (or you may consider abused) by one person.

(2) Its far too difficult for new players to win land at demolitions.

The Land claiming system is still totally unfair, with the land always going to the player with hacks/macros and a lowest ping. The resulting stolen land is then put on sale for high prices, and gets purchased by the rich who already have lots of land seeking to expand more.

####

Heres how I would fix things:

The land demolition system should be changed to be absolutely not effected by ping and clicking speed, removing the advantage of hacks and macro use. This would give new players a chance to obtain prime expiring land.

The ability to lazily profit from vast estates should be reduced, by placing an account wide cooldown of 2-3 days after getting a thunderstruck proc. This would mean you would have the same overall chance to get 1 from a much smaller estate and ppl would no longer feel oblidged to expand to such vast estates.

I would also add some housing areas restricted to first time cottages and farms, with a limit of one cottage farm per account in that area.

Focslain
05-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Theres 2 main issues causing the problem:

(1) Firstly its much too easy to lazily profit from vast amounts of land :

You can have 10 gazebo farms, and spend about 50 minutes chopping and planting 220 pine trees.........once every 2-3 days. Thats an average of 20 minutes a day spent working your land.

Every day your rewarded with an average of 1-2 thunderstruck trees.

The profits from this pays for taxes, apex, patron status ....for quite a tiny amount of work performed once every 2- 3 days depending on climate.
(You can also grow larders for similar profits if you have a good location, allthough it is quite a bit more work.)

Because one person can successfully do this and hog so much land, for so little effort. This keeps a high value on land and ensures that theres very little available for new players.
Thats enough land for about 40 cottages and scarecrows, for perhaps 20 new players, all being used (or you may consider abused) by one person.

(2) Its far too difficult for new players to win land at demolitions.

The Land claiming system is still totally unfair, with the land always going to the player with hacks/macros and a lowest ping. The resulting stolen land is then put on sale for high prices, and gets purchased by the rich who already have lots of land seeking to expand more.

####

Heres how I would fix things:

The land demolition system should be changed to be absolutely not effected by ping and clicking speed, removing the advantage of hacks and macro use. This would give new players a chance to obtain prime expiring land.

The ability to lazily profit from vast estates should be reduced, by placing an account wide cooldown of 2-3 days after getting a thunderstruck proc. This would mean you would have the same overall chance to get 1 from a much smaller estate and ppl would no longer feel oblidged to expand to such vast estates.

I would also add some housing areas restricted to first time cottages and farms, with a limit of one cottage farm per account in that area.

Of your three options, only #1 I'd nod to, the rest no. Especially the TS proc, I have enough issues getting one now, to add a CD to that will make it near impossible.

Also the taxes on someone with the amount of land your using in the example is emmence. A gazebo is 15 certs a week base, after 2 plots the amount needed per plot is increased 50% to a max of 7 I believe.

That means if a single player owns 10 gazebos and we will divide this between 2 toons to be nice, is 530 certs per week. They have to be buying off the AH to support this and the value of TS trees have been falling, they are now equal to or below APEX. So TS farming isn't what it used to be.

The last change of only able to have 2 unbuilt properties have curtailed the land barons. At least now they have to build something on the land they have and might even use it.

Players have a large amount of land isn't too bad, IF they are using it. It's when they were hording it that it was a problem.

Shalille
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Players have a large amount of land isn't too bad, IF they are using it. It's when they were hording it that it was a problem.

Yes the prices have fallen, but 3-4 thunderstrucks a week still makes enough gold to pay tax on 10 gazebos. with enough left over to buy apex for patron and still be making a nice surplus of gold for general use.

###

The question is whether you really think that 20 minutes of work per day, is considered actively using the land.Thats 2 minutes work a day, per gazebo..... Pine trees and perhaps larders are what enables effective profitable usage for virtually no active effort especially in the case of pines

10 gazebos is vast space of land, and a single person being able to profit from this for almost no effort is the reason why so many new players can get no farm space at all.

###

Also a cooldown on thunderstruck procs, would not prevent you getting a single proc, it would just prevent getting more then one in that time period.

Olecranon
05-04-2015, 12:55 PM
these threads should be banned because they are just trolling whining even when sincere.

This game has an ECONOMY. go make money...why do people expect to just be given freely all they desire? and for housing, honestly, any house in the world is cheaper than owning a fishing boat, galleon and merchant ship...

go play the game and learn to make money. ask people for advice, refine your own style...but stop complaining that you need to work LIKE WE ALL DID to get your houses. i didnt get any free land during headstart, didnt own a house for 3 months into the game...now i own 5 24's and several 16's...

Pikle
05-05-2015, 05:42 AM
I just came back to ArcheAge, and in some places the land is very packed but at same time like most people said with a little hard work you will find some land you might have to start out small and grow. Also most people want the easy carefree land in the safe zones! So risk vs reward people I know not everyone is hard core PVPers.... But to say there is no land and not put forth any time or anything to look for it thats just crying! And what do people in most open pvp game like? they like it when people cry in local or in forums they get there rock off! Like I said I just returned to the game and I was able to drop a good amount of land to get back into the farming.. IS it in a safe zone no will I most likely lose packs or get killed trying to farm most likely but this gets me started then maybe I can sell it and buy the land in a better loc or look for a better loc while I am Still doing my farming Like every one has said drop a few trees and a TS tree will pay for your tax certs to leave your labor open to enjoy the game or get in with somone that needs your said goods a cook or a pot maker.

Bottom line is this To cry and say there is no LAND is just pure laziness!

I am sure I will get hammered for this but go for it the truth always hurts!!

tyzio
05-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Started playing a few weeks ago on Kyrios. Took me roughly 2 weeks to get two 16x16. One I found burning and quickly got, the other I bought outright. There are 8x8 slots everywhere and don't forget temp farm locations as well.

Focslain
05-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Yes the prices have fallen, but 3-4 thunderstrucks a week still makes enough gold to pay tax on 10 gazebos. with enough left over to buy apex for patron and still be making a nice surplus of gold for general use.

If they are buying their taxes via gold then Trion is making a mint off them. Remember that the only certs that are tradable are the CS credit ones. Which means that someone paid cash for them. It might end up earning them as much as a player or two anyway. (Have to do the cost analysis later as I don't have access to the marketplace at this time.)

Also a cooldown on thunderstruck procs, would not prevent you getting a single proc, it would just prevent getting more then one in that time period.

No offense, but anything that lowers my already poor chances of getting a TS tree are out. My own calculations on the TS proc with pines is .06% which is nuts, but I'm a very unlucky guy. I still have a ticket open with Cryptic concerning the gambling device lowering my lobi avg below the minimum given.

Hodor69
05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
I started with an 8x8 and grew my empire (wana-be empire anyway LOL) from there.

You can easily do the same. There are always tons of free land in pumpkin forests. With the rest of it you will have to scout areas daily and find demos.

If you want highly contested land, ie gwenoid forest.. you are going to have to settle for paying or use the pumpkin garden for free.

Housing "Hackers" - and let's call it what it was, people with programmable mice - were eliminated when they required 5 sec cooldown between placement attempts. All that's left is computer speed, video card, latency, and human reaction time. Realistically no gaming company is going to equal all of those out for you.

Shalille
05-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Housing "Hackers" - and let's call it what it was, people with programmable mice - were eliminated when they required 5 sec cooldown between placement attempts. All that's left is computer speed, video card, latency, and human reaction time. Realistically no gaming company is going to equal all of those out for you.

I find your statement very false, The 5 second cooldown simply punishes the new players who dont know the mechanics fully. And those with programmable mice and clickers are by no means eliminated and still very much still winning. And I do consider then land hackers as theres not much difference between their methods and those more elaborate actual hacks. The new player loses either way.

Current land grabbing boils down to this:

Destroy the structure....wait exactly 20 seconds, (to bypass the 5 sec cooldown issue) then spam click the placement....now who do you think will most successfully click their button at exactly 20 seconds? you can put your money on the guy using a macro or programmed mouse...in fact you probably will when you end up buying the stolen property from him.

Most of the sucessful grabbers now set their programmed macro clicker or mouse, to wait exactly 19.8 seconds after they activate it when they see the destruction(allowing 0.2 sec human reaction from the destruction observation--those with slower reactions can set their timer slightly slower such as 19.5 seconds)

###

...Combined with a very low ping, and the ppl who do this have low pings, there is no virtually chance for anyone to compete with them. No chance at all without resorting to similar methods.

XLgames should change the post-destruction->available placement timer away from a fixed 20 seconds, and into a random 20-40 seconds.

Mozinwrath
05-07-2015, 05:53 PM
I've been playing for less than a week. and became Patron several days ago. One of the main reasons was the ability to place and own property.

I've spent the past 3 days looking for a place to put a 16x16, and no such luck. Ive searched about 7 or 8 ENTIRE housing zones, and still have no place to place a house. I figured I might not be the only person with this frustration, so I decided to check the forums, and here I am.

I have little or no hope of actually obtaining land now, and I might let my subscription lapse as a result (one of the few benefits to being Patron, and it's completely unusable).

1) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, make a place for all those damn Scarecrow Farms to go. 2/3rds of every "housing" zone is full of them, and a good portion of those are completely empty.
2) There has GOT to be a cap to the amount of land a singular account may own. There exists (however unlikely), the possibility of a single person owning entire districts.(or more).
3) Expand the extremely tiny "hidden" build areas. There are several areas that have small lots, but they hold about 4 8x8 plots. Obviously, they are full, but there is plenty of room for expansion.
4) Prevent free players from placing gardens in housing zones. (I can see already there are a number of multi-accounts using gardens as placeholders for future expansion. And they are using the scarecrow garden quest reward to do it)

Is any of this going to solve my problem? No. But it isnt going to get better,either. One of the "benefits" of subscribing is completely unattainable (including several other game aspects), making the other notable benefit (2x labor) pointless as well. (What do I need so much labor for, if I have nothing usable to build with it?)

I'll keep trying to find a spot to call home. But if I dont, I wont be staying for any longer that my subscription.

Calim
05-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I've been playing for less than a week. and became Patron several days ago. One of the main reasons was the ability to place and own property.

I've spent the past 3 days looking for a place to put a 16x16, and no such luck. Ive searched about 7 or 8 ENTIRE housing zones, and still have no place to place a house. I figured I might not be the only person with this frustration, so I decided to check the forums, and here I am.

I have little or no hope of actually obtaining land now, and I might let my subscription lapse as a result (one of the few benefits to being Patron, and it's completely unusable).
There are QUITE a few more benefits than being able to place land and pay for taxes.. here I'll list them:

Double Labor
Over double max labor
Offline Labor
Loyalty Tokens
Reduced cost on AH fees
AH button that can be used anywhere
Repair button that can be used anywhere
When purchasing credits, you get 10% more
Faster farming and crafting
20% bonus experiance

If you never get any land you still get all this... personally I think these are awesome!

♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦
1) Send those people an owl, they will probably sell them for cheap if they are not using them. Or better yet check when they expire and be there to place your land when they do.

2) There in fact is, after two (2) properties placed, the tax increases based on the amount of land you have. IE every plot you place after the second (1, 2, third) each plot after that increases taxes on ALL of your land.

3) No, land is supposed to be limited. There are different types of housing zone that limit what can be placed.

4) Already implemented. Free to play players can not place land or pay taxes. You must be patron to place land but you said you knew that already..
♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦

Is any of this going to solve my problem? No. But it isnt going to get better,either. One of the "benefits" of subscribing is completely unattainable (including several other game aspects), making the other notable benefit (2x labor) pointless as well. (What do I need so much labor for, if I have nothing usable to build with it?)

FYI, plenty of patrons do not have or want land. There are about 2 million things you can do other than farm to use labor. I wont list any because there are just too many that you probably use labor and don't know it. Not to mention you can use public land to farm if you felt so inclined.

Final thought: Things are not free, it takes time and money. If you want land that bad save up money and buy some or join a guild that is willing to share.

Mozinwrath
05-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I understand the challenge ahead of me, but let's not pretend the issue is created by my lack of patience.

The biggest issue I have? No storage. And Im certainly not spending MORE money to alleviate that issue. I'm not getting one of the things I payed for already-

INCLUDES:
LAND OWNERSHIP
Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!

That is a lie. Its should read : Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses, but only if the people who got there before you are willing to take everything you have first. Alternatively, you can spend many subscription hours doing something not conducive to your gaming experience to barter with people. Not available in all regions, terms and conditions may apply.

My only crime is expecting to get what I paid for. And no, things are not free. But I have given my time to make the money. Which I used on Patron.

Cam1949
05-07-2015, 08:55 PM
It also doesn't help that there are still Land hackers on the server such as "Zbunny" and other land hackers.

Kloee
05-08-2015, 06:37 AM
I understand the challenge ahead of me, but let's not pretend the issue is created by my lack of patience.

The biggest issue I have? No storage. And Im certainly not spending MORE money to alleviate that issue. I'm not getting one of the things I payed for already-

INCLUDES:
LAND OWNERSHIP

That is a lie. Its should read : Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses, but only if the people who got there before you are willing to take everything you have first. Alternatively, you can spend many subscription hours doing something not conducive to your gaming experience to barter with people. Not available in all regions, terms and conditions may apply.

My only crime is expecting to get what I paid for. And no, things are not free. But I have given my time to make the money. Which I used on Patron.

You can place an 8x8 in almost any zone. That constitutes land ownership.

Katki
05-08-2015, 07:34 AM
I have to agree 100% with this post. It took me months to acquire 2 16's that were side by side. My first 3 plots I paid a decent amount of gold for. I used 8x8's to block off areas. I traded spots with people. I overpaid for more desirable spots.

It took me 6 months of buying, selling, swapping, doing gilda dailies to sell plans, crafting to get enough gold to buy the homes I have now. I spent around 8k for my bungalow and townhome.

Focslain
05-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Guess I'm getting jaded in my old age. I have to wonder why someone would honestly sub in a f2p game without going to the limit of the f2p experience.

It's like you couldn't scout out the areas, see the full plots or even look at demo dates and listen for sales in faction/trade chat while you are f2p. Wait you can.

Those that spend money need to educate themselves. If you make a mistake, it's on you, not the developers. Especially since they give you every option to try just about everything without spending a dime of your own money.

rant Knowing what I do now (or in this case months ago) I don't drop a dime unless I'm having fun. Those that spend money blindly and cry about it I just can't empathize with anymore. I figured on the fact I would have to buy my land from someone else within my first week of play. I subbed up to get access to the temperary plots so I could grow mats for trade packs and earn the gold I need and that was when land was going for around a thousand gold for a 16x16.

Prices have dropped since then and it's easier to get the vehicles to transport trade packs then it was just prior to luanch. I couldn't even afford a cart until Novemeber the price of TS trees was as much as the land I was hoping to get. /rant

Things are better and easier then back then. Just ask anyone who has been playing since launch. You'll hear the horror stories. Just put in some work and you'll get what you want. That is how this game works.

Calim
05-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Things are better and easier then back then. Just ask anyone who has been playing since launch. You'll hear the horror stories. Just put in some work and you'll get what you want. That is how this game works.

B-but, but I want it now for free!!

Kloee
05-08-2015, 05:31 PM
It took me 6 months of buying, selling, swapping, doing gilda dailies to sell plans, crafting to get enough gold to buy the homes I have now. I spent around 8k for my bungalow and townhome.

Most of the land barons I know have put considerable time, gold, and effort into their empire. I am now at 11 16's and 1 gazebo.

And my land is always in use even if half of it is orange and pomme trees.

maiyah
05-08-2015, 05:47 PM

INCLUDES:
LAND OWNERSHIP

Go to Auroria. The servers I'm on have plenty of land there. Listen to trade chat, people are selling land and homes all the time. What server are you on, btw?

Terabyte
05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
do you really expect to get in a few days what other players have earned over the months since launch?

16x16s sell for 150-600g on kyrios depending on where they are, not an unobtainable amount of gold. this isnt gw2 buddy, things aren't going to be handed to you.

Katki
05-09-2015, 07:56 PM

INCLUDES:
LAND OWNERSHIP

First piece of land I got was an 8x8 to farm and then I got a workstation and put 2 storage chests on it. There are 8x8 everywhere for free, so if storage is your issue it is because you are not thinking outside the house and using a workstation.

Get the masonry workstation because it has enough room for 2 chests, a bed and put some partitions around it and, viola, a home.

Fenhrirr
05-09-2015, 08:36 PM
I dunno what you are talking about.... "land shortage". More like "tax shortage" cause in the last month and a half I've acquired 3 24x24s in WS (larders there are GREAT) and a 24x24 in Solis. In addition, a 16x16 in Falcorth, two 16x16s in WS, a 16x16 in Nuimari, and an 8x8 in Solis. I'm playing in Aranzeb, which is arguably one of the most populated servers. You've just got to look around, and always have designs/tax certs in your bag :P

Kreinzord
05-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Can't get a land spot? Next time think before joining the most populated server. No sympathy from me, you want to have the cake and eat it. I'm on a less populated server and can find a spot (granted, not ideal but that's obvious) in any zone I want. That was your decision to pick that particular server so you can only blame yourself.

Rondache
05-09-2015, 09:56 PM
INCLUDES:
LAND OWNERSHIP
When I started playing this game, I saw the videos of the Kraken, and I played it because I wanted to kill it. Then I saw Leviathan and I want to kill that.

Thing is, I can't. I don't want to join any of the guilds that kill that content - I am not willing to lower myself to be associated with their lack of standards. Now rather than coming to the forums demanding that Trion add in a solo version of these encounters, I am simply accepting of the fact that Trion has provided me with access to this content, but I am not willing to undertake what is needed.

Similarly for you, purchasing patron has given you access to the piece of Archeage content known as land ownership. There are specific things you need to do to participate in this content, the first being secure yourself some land. This can be done by beating others to an empty plot, or by purchasing a plot off another player. Which ever of these two options you chose is totally up to you.

Trion have given you access to land ownership, as promised in the patron subscription info. The rest - as with all content - is up to you.

Paivel
05-13-2015, 08:11 AM
I just want to say, Thanks guys. The petty back and forth squabbling between the land owners and land-wannabe-owners really took me back to the late 90's/early 2000's and my UO days. God I missed real world non-instanced housing. The fighting in this thread really tells me this game is where I should be.

Focslain
05-13-2015, 08:43 AM
I just want to say, Thanks guys. The petty back and forth squabbling between the land owners and land-wannabe-owners really took me back to the late 90's/early 2000's and my UO days. God I missed real world non-instanced housing. The fighting in this thread really tells me this game is where I should be.

Your welcome, hope your enjoying your time in game.

arathon4real
05-13-2015, 05:16 PM
op read this thread "Land aquisition narrative with a 'help' list. "

UKNightWatch
05-14-2015, 05:10 AM
op read this thread "Land aquisition narrative with a 'help' list. "

*cough* Yeah! go read it! (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?190045-Land-aquisition-narrative-with-a-help-list.&p=1688871#post1688871) *cough*

Seriously though; thanks go to the OP for this thread it has made interesting reading and, in part at least, inspired the thread pointed to.

Felthswrath
05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
I agree with the OP. I even made a support case because I feel as a Patron - there should be some guarantee that I'll get land. What happened to me was that I finally worked and upgraded my 16x16 to a 24x24 gazebo. Now you have to demo your 16x to use in the construction - and the spot I had it one wouldn't fit the new 24x. This means I was without anywhere to place by gazebo = which means a non-land owning patron. It took a few days and patience, but I was able to buy a plot for 350g. But this was in a conflict area and not very close to a memory tome. There is so much empty space in the world - I don't know why there isn't more - and how yes a new area of land can be opened up but it's all gone in minutes... great addition.... (sarcasm)
What a solution could be is that there are patron farm areas and you are given a place hold in one of those spots until you decide to use it. Land trading would still happen - because you may still want a different or better spot. But this way new players will have SOME place for sure- it could be even not very accessible or make it via portal only - I dunno I would love to see some solution -
Obviously the expansion and offering new land didn't do jack - I really think it just gave existing players new places to have MORE land.
Anyways, that's just my 2 copper.

Traciatim
05-18-2015, 06:47 AM
I agree with the OP. I even made a support case because I feel as a Patron - there should be some guarantee that I'll get land.

No, there should not. The only reason it's valuable is because there is a limited amount of it. That's the game, you wouldn't play monopoly if everyone got an equal amount of land and their own board to play on.

Shalille
05-18-2015, 07:51 AM
That's the game, you wouldn't play monopoly if everyone got an equal amount of land and their own board to play on.

The monopoly system of using a fair dice roll system to determine who gets the property would be a vast improvement to the archeage system where the hack/macro/lowping abuser is guaranteed to beat your normal player at every demolition claim.

Imagine monopoly against a player who could hack his dice rolls. Thats what these new players are up against.

Traciatim
05-18-2015, 08:21 AM
The monopoly system of using a fair dice roll system to determine who gets the property would be a vast improvement to the archeage system where the hack/macro/lowping abuser is guaranteed to beat your normal player at every demolition claim.

Imagine monopoly against a player who could hack his dice rolls. Thats what these new players are up against.

That's not the game system, that's a cheater who is cheating. Monopoly uses RNG to move, but only through proper planning and preparation can you win, which is pretty much the exact same system here.

Shalille
05-18-2015, 08:28 AM
That's not the game system, that's a cheater who is cheating.

Sadly that is exactly the game system, the property is given to whomever clicks fastest with the lowest ping. If you have bad ping you can never win, theres no rng.

Because the system relies on fastest clicks and ping, its completely dominated by hack/macro/lowping abusers. Cheaters who cheat, as you call them.