PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problems — Error #1005

JackActually
07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi! I'm unable to install the game and play in the beta. The download will complete, but then the "error 1005: update not applied" window will pop up and I'll be prompted to restart the process. The big red button did change from "install" to "update", but I still end up with the same error after another 22G download. I've tried completely reinstalling Glyph, deleting Glyph files in /appdata, and running Glyph as an administrator, along with all the other troubleshooting steps. I'm trying to install the game to the same drive Glyph is on, which is separate from my C: drive. (C: is a tiny SSD which can only hold Windows 8, the other drive is a regular HDD with about 550G of free space). Is anyone having a similar problem? I can't find a fix anywhere, and the ticket I opened hasn't been answered.

JackActually
07-19-2014, 07:46 PM

This is what the error looks like.

sSaSs
07-20-2014, 12:26 AM
i had the same error, after trying to instal it 5 time on another disk, i put it in the C and it worked, the game dosn't whant to be put on another disk (i don't know why).

if you still want to try to install it on another disk, be sure to copy the content of the Download folder in ArcheAge folder when the dl is finished (during the check), you copy it in another folder, like that you don't have to dl it again (i dit it after having dl 4 time the game ...)

i think the game need a .dll file that is on windows, so it's in your main drisk, and when you try to put it on another one, he can't find it so it show the error

Fasti
07-20-2014, 03:06 AM

This is what the error looks like.

In Glyph, click on Settings and check to see the installation path of your Beta client. Sometimes, if this is not set to the same installation location as your ArcheAge files there can be errors like this.

There are files for ArcheAge installed to your Documents folder, so take a look there and see if you have any files located there. If they are, but the game is not yet successfully installed, try deleting those folders, empty your recycle bin and try the download again.

Thanks!

JackActually
07-20-2014, 08:33 AM
I'll try that again. What do you mean by "right location"? Is there a wrong location?

JackActually
07-20-2014, 08:36 AM
i had the same error, after trying to instal it 5 time on another disk, i put it in the C and it worked, the game dosn't whant to be put on another disk (i don't know why).

if you still want to try to install it on another disk, be sure to copy the content of the Download folder in ArcheAge folder when the dl is finished (during the check), you copy it in another folder, like that you don't have to dl it again (i dit it after having dl 4 time the game ...)

i think the game need a .dll file that is on windows, so it's in your main drisk, and when you try to put it on another one, he can't find it so it show the error

It really seems like it. I only have ~20MB of space on C:, though... I hope there's a fix, I can't be the only one with more than one hard drive.

Fasti
07-20-2014, 08:37 AM
I'll try that again. What do you mean by "right location"? Is there a wrong location?

Sorry for the phrasing. What I am referring to is your actual location of game files on your PC. Check your hard drive to see where ArcheAge is installed. Sometimes, after downloading the game, the Settings in Glyph can be adjusted so that they no longer point to your existing installation path, and errors start to pop up.

Just make sure the settings in Glyph match where your actual ArcheAge files are located.

Also, for best results, install Glyph and ArcheAge to your default location on drive C:.

JackActually
07-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Sorry for the phrasing. What I am referring to is your actual location of game files on your PC. Check your hard drive to see where ArcheAge is installed. Sometimes, after downloading the game, the Settings in Glyph can be adjusted so that they no longer point to your existing installation path, and errors start to pop up.

Just make sure the settings in Glyph match where your actual ArcheAge files are located.

Also, for best results, install Glyph and ArcheAge to your default location on drive C:.

I'm still getting Error #1005. Is there anything else I can do short of buying a new hard drive? The download completes, the files are "verified", then the error is thrown when the launcher begins "applying".

Hailhelm
07-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I am getting the same error, and I have done everything nothing seems to be working. Is there anything else we could try to get this game to work?

Donbeario
07-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Getting the same crap here........ERROR #1005

Donbeario
07-24-2014, 03:34 PM
are you kidding me every time there is an update I GET TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER 22GB is this for real............

TERMICO
07-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Fix error #1005

Hello

If you get the error # 1005 what you have to do to fix it. The solution that has worked for us is:

1) Select the "Beta" folder where the game is installed.
C: \ Program Files \ Glyph \ Games \ ArcheAge \ Beta

2) Right click and You select properties.

3) In the "General" tab you take away the "read only" and aplicáis to all folders and subfolders.

4) After the launcher Glyph commandments and you complete the upgrade successfully.

I hope that this solution will work.

Sorry for my bad English I'm Spanish.

_______

Arreglar error #1005

Hola

Para los que tenéis el error #1005 tenéis cuando vais a aplicar el parche. La solución que nos ha funcionado es:

1º Seleccionar la carpeta “Beta” donde está instalado el juego.
C:\Archivos de Programas\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta

2º Clic derecho y seleccionáis propiedades.

3º En la pestaña “general” descamarais la opción de “solo lectura” y lo aplicáis a todas las carpetas y subcarpetas.

4º Después ejecutáis el launcher del Glyph y la actualización se completara con éxito.

Espero que esta solución os funcione.

Isoz
07-30-2014, 06:37 AM
For some reason , both the installer , and the updater HAVE to be installed to the default location on Drive C:
If you successfully downloaded and installed the game on another drive , it won't matter . As soon as the patcher runs , it will DELETE all of the data in your installation folder . I think that what it is trying to do is to rewrite the large data file , with the patch data patched in , but it is trying to do so with the output file expected to be in the default location , but since it isn't , it just erases the original data file , then throws out error 1005 .
The ONLY solution I have found is to install Glyph and Archeage to the default location on C: , then copy all of that data to whichever drive I am wanting to play it from . Then if there is a patch to the game , I have to copy all of the data back to the original location ( or just copy the data from C: to wherever , then if I need to , patch it , then copy the new files wherever ).
In any case , this means having to copy the entire game off of C: every single time there is a patch , or risk losing your install and having to redownload the entire game again.
I sincerely hope that this is just a temporary situation with Trion , and that at release , the patcher will just use whatever install folder we have , not FORCING to the default folder , otherwise my SSD will die a quick death from patches .

mkalash
07-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Try deleting the download (C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta\Download) folder as well as the game_pak file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta\game_pak) in the game's installation directory, then clicking update in Glyph. It should download the patch again and hopefully successfully apply it. If that doesn't work, open xlpack.log (C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\xlpack.log) from the Glyph installation directory in Notepad or similar and paste the code here (please use CODE tags.) This error can be caused by Glyph closing unexpectedly while patching or something similar, which corrupts the pak files.

scarar
08-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah to fix the error you have to have Glyph and ArcheAge Beta install on the C: to make it work and able to update it. I hope they fix this bug when it comes out so we can install it on other drives just in case we don't have enough room to install it on the C:

V/r

Scarar

baj
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I got the same error 1005. I have a SSD for operating system and a regular HDD for storage. the glyph program downloaded to my c:/ drive and the game downloaded on my d:/ drive which caused the error . i deleted the game and the glyph program reinstalled both on my HDD D:/ drive which solved the problem for me.

baj
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
both installer and updater have to be on the same drive weather its c:/ d:/ etc...