PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder not working after 1.7

Suguha
04-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I logged onto Archeage to go fishing before the maintenance then I notice that when I hop on my fish finder it doesn't have the radar icon.. So then I ask faction chat like a scrub how the hell does the fish finder work now. And I was told that it would work by itself once I get on the radar but it was not the case since i found a fish hole without seeing the fish icon on the radar even though i was sitting on the spot.

Please help D:

Shalille
04-29-2015, 08:23 AM
When you get on, it should automatically work and show you the blue circle on your map.

If you were very close to the spot it may be blocked by your ships icon on the map, check from a bit further away.

Suguha
04-29-2015, 08:32 AM
their was no blue circle when i used it :l

Shalille
04-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Is it perhaps destroyed?

Go on the wheel, and click the ? to see info, then click the customise tab.

If the fish finder component is red, you need to manually repair it by right clicking the shatigon sand in your bag (buy from general merchent) , then clicking on the broken component to repair.

Suguha
04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
This is what I see and it does'nt seem to be destroyed :

http://i.imgur.com/pMJnDJl.jpg

http://imgur.com/lFxfPIR

http://imgur.com/bENa0fw

Please help :(

McDonuts
04-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Could try removing and re-equipping it.

Lamini
04-29-2015, 07:10 PM
fishfinder and scope been working just fine on my boats since release.

Liloou
04-29-2015, 07:29 PM
seems you are close to freedich. i noticed on pts the fishfinder didnt work well in that region at least not on the minimap. if i remember right the blue circle and the fishes are shown on your normal map.

Pwnocchio
05-01-2015, 06:09 AM
Fishing is much harder now, and it may also be plagued by a lot of bugs.

1. Fishing boat is the only boat that got slower this patch
2. Every other boat got faster
3. There seems to be a bug with the radar, which you've found
4. People are claiming that sport fish are harder to catch now due to less favorable RNG relating to the Reel and Big Reel procs
5. People are claiming that there is now a hard 5min timer on catching a fish (which combined with #4 means larger fish are more likely to escape)
6. People are claiming that Marlin spawns are now more rare

If all of these are true, then there are a LOT of bad synnergies going on for fishing and you probably should find other ways to make money.

Example: Without eco-fuel or upgradable speed it's now going to take a lot longer to find marlin. This problem is compounded significantly if marlin are even more rare now.

Example 2: Slower transport time + longer fishing time to fill the boat means more opportunity for bad people to find you

Example 3: Greater risk from bad people + greater risk of losing large valuable fish due to 5 minute timer means a net drop in profits vs labor spent

etc...

Calim
05-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Didn't most people say fishing was the best labor-to-gold before? Maybe they just "normalized" it.

You certainly don't have to summon your fishing boat until you got to fishing spot and even caught first fish.

I do realize the boat got nerf'ed and if radar is bugged then yeah that sucks. I heard you could not hook a large fish without high enough proficiency. Maybe now you can hook the large fish but without enough skill you won't be able to land it within the time limit.

Just "keeping it reel".

Sheenou
05-03-2015, 01:42 AM
On of my guildoes couldnt use the radar on my lutesong junk but when I used it it worked fine...