PDA

View Full Version : ship regrading/upgrading question

Ninjaface
04-29-2015, 09:00 AM
I was never (and still am not) able to get to pts to test things.. so pardon for me asking if this is old news or something..

But what are the best/most valuable things to upgrade first on your ships? Im pretty broke atm. So cant afford to just toss money at it - i want to get the most valuable upgrades first.

I have a merch and already removed the cannons and lanterns but fully loaded it goes slower then it used to. I guess im supposed to craft new sails? Or do i upgrade the sails i have? Or do i regrade first as high as i can then craft other tiers (kinda like armor/weaps)? In order to increase its' speed.

Also i heard there are lanterns to enable stealth but they are fantastically expensive. Is there any point to a low lvl version or should i just concentrate on ship speed for now?

I have a clipper too but im sure many of my questions would be answered by merch answers. But i did see one new item to enable clipper dash. Is that worth it?

Thanks.

Shalille
04-29-2015, 09:19 AM
The sails you have are common grade. You need a ship enchant scroll to bring them up to green grade.

If you craft new sails they are automatically green grade, so you save the price of a scroll. Definitely try to craft and upgrade the sails above all else.

A good method is to have a backup sail as you try to enchant. So get 2 sails to blue grade first, get them in your ship, then make a 3rd sail and try to get it one step above blue, if it sucsess, replace it into the ship then try to get another to that grade, and so on.

So you always have 2 sails as best you can, whilst working on a expendable version to swap in to your ship. You wont end up at no sails if an enchant fails.

Also, note that the sails can be crafted, upgraded and sold to others if they havent been put on a ship yet. so you could check your auction for sails that other players upgraded, if you want to get good sails by a less risky method.

###

The clipper dash item is pretty good. you can uise it every 20 sec for a 5 sec boost, very noticable.

Ninjaface
04-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks this is good info to get me started

JerryBoyle
04-29-2015, 12:20 PM
Sails and rudders seem to be the first things to upgrade; faster speed and better handling. I know I couldn't control my clipper as good as I used to before 1.7a.

Ninjaface
04-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Oh one more question.. is there any 'safe' regrading of sails and other parts? Ie in armor or weap crafting you can regrade and the item won't have a chance to break beyond celestial.

Or can they break at any time, even going green to blue.

JerryBoyle
04-29-2015, 06:15 PM
Oh one more question.. is there any 'safe' regrading of sails and other parts? Ie in armor or weap crafting you can regrade and the item won't have a chance to break beyond celestial.

Or can they break at any time, even going green to blue.
They start breaking from green to blue so no safe regrading, basic to green shouldn't break afaik.

Hodor69
04-29-2015, 09:47 PM
The caernord rudder seems to fit a merch, its lighter and offers more maneuverability at high levels. is there any reason someone wouldn't use a caernord on a merch? i tried it tonight and it works lol. it looks funny, but it works. the austerian rudder it comes with is heavier and only gives 3k hp. the other rudders are all very heavy and looks to me intended for galleon type.

thanks

Nirvii
04-29-2015, 10:53 PM
to craft the clipper speed boost pack and those cannons required "design plan". Where can we get those design plan?

The ship regrade scroll dropped from those sea bugs,ancient spirits with low rate. (To me prolly 5-10% drop rate). Or you can blow up your ship and loot it for (70% drop rate)

Slakman
04-29-2015, 11:51 PM
to craft the clipper speed boost pack and those cannons required "design plan". Where can we get those design plan?

The ship regrade scroll dropped from those sea bugs,ancient spirits with low rate. (To me prolly 5-10% drop rate). Or you can blow up your ship and loot it for (70% drop rate)

I've been trying to farn the seabigs but my rng seems awfull. Nu drop yet. Same goes for blowjng up my ship. Clipper died 4x - got 1-2g loot each time.

Also, any tips ona good spot to farm seabugs?

Armano
04-30-2015, 04:12 AM
I've been trying to farn the seabigs but my rng seems awfull. Nu drop yet. Same goes for blowjng up my ship. Clipper died 4x - got 1-2g loot each time.

Also, any tips ona good spot to farm seabugs?

Craft sea monster radar to your galeon/fishingboat/merchant ship and you will see them :D

Calim
04-30-2015, 03:00 PM
I crafted a new sail/rudder, then I realized I have them already equipped haha. Well at least now I know when I upgrade them they will break.

I guess I should get them to Heroic or something before I upgrade the sails. I'd hate to use 25+ Sunridge Ingots only to regrade from green to blue and fail, losing more Sunridge than I can fathom!