PDA

View Full Version : black screen after startup

zoekwon
07-19-2014, 10:54 PM
I get blackscreen after client loads and it stay like that forever.....

please help...

Fasti
07-20-2014, 03:18 AM
Take a look at our support article for graphics issues (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69) which should help you out. No need to uninstall/install the game again at this point, just do the other steps listed there.

If you are still having this issue after doing those steps, what is your graphics card model?

You can adjust some video settings without going into the game. Navigate to \Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArcheAge and open the system.cfg file using Notepad.

Once the file is opened, adjust the "r_Fullscreen 1" to say "r_Fullscreen 0" to force enable windowed mode.

Adjust the r_driver = "DX10" line to read r_driver = "DX9" then save this file and restart the game.

Thanks!

swittz
07-20-2014, 04:30 AM
If what the GM said doesn't fix it , you need to reinstall completely

Rustyblades
07-21-2014, 07:01 AM
If all else fails, search the tech support forum for "cache" as there is an article that tells how to delete your shader cache file. Once you do so you will still need to wait upwards 15-30 minutes for the shaders to be recompiled.

ThunderB
09-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Make sure the game is set on window mode. To change this go in the file system.cfg in Archeage > Documents folder.

This fixed my issue.

(Than make sure you reset window mode again before you load your character or it will bug on chra loading screen)

AWDelete
09-16-2014, 04:47 PM
ive noticed background programs make the game start black screen. For me it was teamviewer exiting fixed the problem

Adolen
09-17-2014, 03:52 PM
ive noticed background programs make the game start black screen. For me it was teamviewer exiting fixed the problem

+1

Exiting Teamviewer fixed this issue for me as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

zpwr
10-01-2014, 08:32 PM

+1, worked for me as well.. good call

sparc
12-25-2014, 12:14 PM
I signed in just to thank the guy with the TeamViewer suggestion.. Thanks dude. It was TeamViewer for me too. I really didn't want to play in windowed mode with a $300 graphics card.

Winside
12-10-2016, 06:04 PM

For me, I had to close the steam client. It was open in my background. That fixed it, and the game loaded correctly.

Wendigo
12-10-2016, 06:49 PM
press alt-enter

the end

Concreto
01-11-2017, 01:48 PM
After the game did this update in luacher everything came back again opening the game already I was tested a 20x and enter black screen