PDA

View Full Version : Pirating: Are we going to see it?

Nnemesis
04-10-2014, 01:03 AM
So far from the way I see it, pirating(3000 criminal points) puts a player at a major disadvantage and are we really going to see players doing it? Besides the few outstanding cases I can't really see pvp outside of factions. Will there be any huge advantages added or will there be some facilities that only pirates could use? Really looking for some feedback because its something I personally am interested in doing.

VMBarbosa
04-10-2014, 01:08 AM
There's actually a pirate island that you become friendly with once you hit 3000 criminal points which unlocks quests, ect. I'm definitely going to be trying to get there despite the disadvantages. Just gotta be prepared to serve some serious jail time.

Simsu
04-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Having played a few other PVP centric games (i.e. being familiar with their communities) I'm 100% certain that there will be people who go over to the Pirate faction. How many? No idea, but I'm sure people will do it.

There aren't many rewards to being a pirate. Becoming friendly with the NPC on pirate island, access to the Black Pearl (Pirate only ship), not having to worry about racking up crime points, and probably a few other minor ones. (Of course, the major thing you lose is access to the NPCs on the southern continents - i.e. the quests).

KeksX
04-10-2014, 03:29 AM
We will see pirates the first fwe months, definitely. Then everyone realizes how bad they are and they will either reroll or stop playing. Afte rthat we will still have the occasional group that tries it but will slowly fade away until we finally have the situation just like KR/JP with no pirates except for a bunch of alts.

ShinseiYama
04-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Not sure about the rest, but i do plan to be a pirate, i loved being a pirate in EvE online when it got released so i will like it here as well, probably not from start but once i hit around 50 il just move purely to pirate side.

So if you will see a Pirate ship you better be running, il steal ya stuff. mmm all them juicy fisherman's he he.

Decimus
04-10-2014, 07:42 AM
I think pirating does sound pretty awesome lol, if it's executed right. Besides, isn't there an option to bust yourself out of jail?

zefs
04-10-2014, 07:49 AM
We will see pirates the first fwe months, definitely. Then everyone realizes how bad they are and they will either reroll or stop playing. Afte rthat we will still have the occasional group that tries it but will slowly fade away until we finally have the situation just like KR/JP with no pirates except for a bunch of alts.

What I wanna see is whole guilds going pirates for the heck of it just to experience the game thoroughly. Then they could all do the quests to become citizens after they choose to.

xioner
04-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure we will, there will always be guilds that want to be the 'villains' in the world. I think it will just depend how the game will be balanced towards a pirate. Because if there are no direct advantages and only disadvantages it those guilds/players will fade away like previously mentioned.

Palinore
04-10-2014, 08:44 AM
There will be guilds that will have alts as pirates and when they are bored they will go out and have their fun. We may not see full time pirates but there definitely will be pirates in the sea on occasion.

Aurelius Luna
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
lol I heard that the npc wont sell you anything once your a pirate , think it would kinda suck.

Voom
04-10-2014, 08:54 AM
There may also be those players who set to out prove that life as a pirate is both possible and profitable, despite the odds. Why does Everest exist if we aren't supposed to scale it?

aGenda
04-10-2014, 08:57 AM
I see no point in becoming a pirate before reaching lvl 50, otherways u won't be able to talk with NPCs

Toy Fuzion
04-10-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't need the game mechanic to be a pirate! The game mechanic is too harsh by flagging all characters on an account as a pirate. Especially as I'm a RPer and like to keep my character's lives separate from the consequences of their own actions. I figure I can just as easily RP a pirate, and do pirate-y things while doing what's necessary on an out-of-character level to keep the faction points at bay so it doesn't flag my other characters as pirates. If that silly account-wide flagging wasn't in place, I'd use the game mechanic to back up the role-play.

Zohnar
04-10-2014, 09:50 AM
We will see pirates and people who will remain pirates no matter how bad the situation becomes for them. If EVE Online is any indication. People can have their fun without needing to ever return to the safety of neutral or safe territory and they will create their own way as pirates. Also with the addition of the northern continent, pirates will be able to access things like the Auction House so they can still get all they need to build more ships and more weapons.

Deaytch
04-10-2014, 10:06 AM
This is very interesting!

Venge
04-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Ahoy there! Be ye a pirate or a landlubber, ye shall pass me ye daughters and ye wives har HAR! Oh and I also do take travel checks, American Express and Visa. No MasterCard...Har har!!!

Damon
04-10-2014, 10:49 AM
There will definitely be pirates. Within a month of the RU server I play on there was a guild of pirates called "Barbary Pirates" (original). I watched them sail up at the most random time and destroy my friend's Galleon after he just built it.

Nnemesis
04-10-2014, 11:19 AM
There will be guilds that will have alts as pirates and when they are bored they will go out and have their fun. We may not see full time pirates but there definitely will be pirates in the sea on occasion.

I feel the same way. It seems like something to do on an alt that you don't care about too much. I feel like they could expand on the whole pirate thing though.

Damon
04-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Don't feel safe though. There will be plenty of people who turn on friendly fire and PK members of their own faction for packs.

Kuro1n
04-10-2014, 12:18 PM
There may also be those players who set to out prove that life as a pirate is both possible and profitable, despite the odds. Why does Everest exist if we aren't supposed to scale it?
Profitable? AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Being a pirate is useless.

Joraiem
04-10-2014, 01:52 PM
I might have an alt pirate just for the heck of it. But my main is definitely not going to be one.

bwak33
04-10-2014, 03:52 PM
get enough pirates together and stuff starts to happen.. hopefully there will be heroes to keep them on the fringes of society.. the anti-pirate force while we sleep lolzz

Future
04-10-2014, 05:38 PM
How does the jailing work in this game? and we will prbabaly see a good bit of pirates

Booyah
04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Impact Guild doing some Pirating (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hsHEKQZVIo) I really liked watching it I hope it's as fun as it looks

Imperius
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
I will go pirate until the end of time ! But will always stick to my guild with an alt, or with my pirate dont know how this really works if i can be in the guild and a pirate. And i will give my guild free protection from other scury pirates!

Binks
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
From a personal standpoint, I decided to be a pirate the second I saw the ship combat for AA. I can't wait.

BlooDEvil
04-10-2014, 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIhQNDuslo

^
this

ShinseiYama
04-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Damn straight pirate life for ever he he.

Just waiting to see what friends will decide on, we gonna do pirate guild, or.. il either join one or just make a guild my self.

SinceOB
04-11-2014, 01:23 PM
pirates will be very rare.. I've never become one but the disadvantages are big compared to the advantages. Stealing and destroying other ships can be done by normal players as well

I Only Zed
04-11-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd hope so pirating makes you sound like such a badass!

Echopapa
04-11-2014, 04:10 PM
I think quite a few people will. Why spend time and effort gathering resources and you can steal them from someone else? Some people like to play the bad guy.

Aelos
04-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Believe me. You will lmao. You will be on your trade ship when three ships follow behind you...

Jred09
04-11-2014, 11:49 PM
if thats true i wonder if theres a black market for pirates that would be a good idea but if the market is player driven expect outrageous prices lol

Jengo
04-12-2014, 12:38 AM
i for one plan on becoming a pirate, its honestly the truest freedom in the game, no more west or east, you are your own. If theres a good enough pirate guild im sure you can make it easy taking out everyone else. just need some who are dedicated to being outlaws

Sparkinator
04-12-2014, 12:45 AM
I love how the main enemy of the game is gonna become the players; "Hey I got all these supplies... And I was robbed -_-''

jorwon
04-12-2014, 07:09 AM
I hear if one character is a pirate, all your characters become pirates. is that true?

SD-
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I sure hope so, I want my Protection Agency Guild to get Business. :)

Yorn
04-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Im gonna do two characters, one for normal stuff, the other will be the scum of the earth, pirate all the way, outlaw, outcast, im gonna ripoff everyone and steal everything, gonna try to apply my EVE school of null sec, even ripping the poor and the needed.