PDA

View Full Version : Black screen, sound and cursor , need help.

Owl
07-20-2014, 04:45 AM
Hello everyone

I'm kinda new here and don't really have time to research entire forum for solution to this problem though I've found some topics but couldn't find anything usefull for me.

I've just purchased archeum, installed the game, played in with settings a bit (didn't know I shouldn't use fullscreen), made a character and then I set the game to be played in full screen..

The thing is now I have black screen whenever I start the game, I can hear music, see cursor but that's it... I don't know how to set it back, I've already spent another 5-6 hours redownloading/installing the game and it would seem that it remembers my last settings so I'm back to square one with black screen..

Anyone knows how to / is there a way to set things to default somehow withouth having to enter the game ?

Thank you for your answer.

swittz
07-20-2014, 05:05 AM
Delete the "Archeage" folder in "My Documents"

Owl
08-13-2014, 05:16 AM
Nope, doesnt work for me :-/

Cordon
08-14-2014, 05:25 PM
I just started and have the same problem. I found switching to windowed mode alt+enter fixed it.

Sephrinx
08-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Same here, Myself and a friend of mine have this same issue.

Ravsadelain
09-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I am having the same problem... Please help!

Actually, deleting the folder helped me reset my settings (whereas editing the System file inside the Archeage folder did NOTHING). I was able to at least create a character, but everything is still black graphically, and the text is all blurry.

Judical
09-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Hello,

I am having blackscreen issues as well. I found that modifying the system.cfg file and changing it to DX9 allows everything to work. Once the game is fully loaded and you logged in as your character you can change the in game settings as you wish. But the next time you play the game you will have to modify the system.cfg file again.

I'm using Windows 8.1
2x R9 270 in crossfire

Not sure if the crossfire is causing the issue.

-Judical

Nellus
09-05-2014, 08:11 AM
windowed mode works better but doesn't completely solve the problem

Aery
09-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Ctrl shift delete tast manager. Should bring back the game screen.

Kamikazi2142
09-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I have been noticing the frequency of this Black screen full screen problem only increasing, not DECREASING... (hint hint Trion)

It is my understanding that the game can be played on CrossfireX or SLI, but it does not expressly support it.

Seeing as how the CryEngine can handle the extra GPU power decently without a multi GPU thread to properly parse the rendering, however, the game does have a "Multithreaded Rendering" option, but this does not signify CrossfireX/SLI support, this only implies the game supports multi core CPU's, why this was placed in the Display options i have no idea.

That being said, the game CAN be run in CrossfireX/SLI, you won't see much of an FPS boost, since it doesn't know how to fully handle it yet, but it can be played. As for the black screen on full screen... this would be cause for action to begin the process to grab that CrossfireX/SLI compatibility title, as the game is slipping out of the "Just Playable" state in Multi-GPU client PC's.

I post here tonight in hopes a Trion Teckie stumbles across it like it did... and in hope, rather than immediately deny and accuse me for just being a troll, i hope the employee instead goes and takes a closer look at the game, to resolve this absolutely unplayable black screen with just a cursor and sounds... when he/she finishes, there will be much rejoice, and celebration among the players.

The short and swift blade to cut quickly to the chase:
The game needs a serious investigation into its CrossfireX/SLI compatibility, During Alpha and Beta the game had artifacts from Mutli GPU rendering and there was never any mention of it. It was so vague on the Multi GPU topic that i honestly thought i had faulty hardware and purchased new hardware. I have purchased the Archeum Founders Pack... and 2 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 DUAL-X cards, a total of over $300 just to play the game. Expecting compatibility at this point is an understatement, the game is live, time to act like it. These compatibility bugs should have been ironed out weeks ago, months ago, seriously, something as simple as rendering devices should have been among the FIRST operations of development. Granted i understand that there was very minimal development to the game during the time it was in Alpha and Beta, practically just a translation team converting it from Korean/Russian and compiling an English installer and customizing the Glyph Launcher... But with the resources at hand with Trion Worlds, don't you think you guys could have... SHOULD have performed an operation as basic as a hardware compatibility test? how it works in different configurations? what the oldest hardware it supports? rather than just go off what the numbers say, always use physical results.

Is this rant done?
until i can play again, play this $300+ game in full screen, no my rant is NOT done, far from it.

Sincerely,
Cain Kamikazi AKA:Nafryti

Fiji
10-16-2014, 01:49 PM
I have the same thing. Please what is the fix of this problem

DeadError45
05-20-2015, 06:49 PM
i hope someone figures this out, im having the same problem, ive switch to the direct and even deleted the folder as well as alt+tab then deleted the game and glyph and reinstalled, yet its still doing the black screen, i hear sound and see a courser but just darkness, kinda a big issue as i love this game and can no longer play it....

Jeanina
05-21-2015, 10:33 PM
switching to DX9 solved it for me, looks like its an issue with DX11 :confused:

Tamilia
06-12-2017, 05:22 AM
I just reformatted my pc and installed Windows 10, I don't know if this is due to the update or due to Win10, but I have the same problem, I have gone through all the suggested AA troubleshoots at the website what I can with win10, but nothing seems to help, I also tested and all what it says is that AA should work wonderfully on my pc.
I deleted also the Archeage folder in My Documents.
But it doesn't, I get that black screen with sound behind, I don't see any mouse on it like some do, I can't either close the page normally as it has nothing on it. nor can I, as suggested switch to DX9 as I have no clue which one I have in use as I cannot get to any options in the first place to change anything. I don't know if it is on full screen either since the loading normally filled also in the past the whole window.

This issue need some serious attention, but I can't see any input from anyone in this thread.