PDA

View Full Version : Game keep crashing after character selection screen

lavexis
07-20-2014, 08:45 AM
After i select my character my game crashed and it returns me to my desktop.
This doesn't happen for 2 days and it just happen this morning randomly, my graphic card is Nvidia 750 gtx ti ..I can still run other games just fine..

please help

Fasti
07-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Make sure to try our crashing troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1324).

Do you have more than one character? If not, create a second one and see if it crashes when signing in with that one as well.

If it does, when exactly is it crashing? Do you have to click the character and start to go into the game or does the game world load and then crash?

Any error messages at all?

lavexis
07-20-2014, 09:06 AM
i tried with the other character and it still crash no error messages at all.. I just updated my graphic card

LeonardNyo
07-20-2014, 10:05 AM
it happened for me too, it crashed after character selection, when loading, it crashed between 10% - 20% and it never goes 21% and up

lavexis
07-20-2014, 11:29 AM
I just re updated my graphic card and reinstall the game and it seems that its working fine now...
I would like more information about this since i don't want to reinstall and reupdate gpu in order to solve this if this does happen again in the future

Vamcan
07-30-2014, 06:58 AM
This is happening to me as well.
I tried everyting.
New char, re-install, update graphic card, non of them worked.
Pls help, I want to play what I payed 135 for.

Dardywood
07-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey, having a similar issue.

My first char cannot load.
My newly created toon can load.
Before being stuck at the loading screen thing, my game would crash if I used the mouse to look around. That happened inside my house, every time I would load, moving the camera would make the game crash. So I reloaded and ported out of my house, and I could play fine. However I had to enter a building for a mission, and the game crashed as soon as I got inside. From this moment, the character is not accessible anymore because loading won't complete.

The second toon works fine, but I just strated a game with it, I did not try to go inside a building.
I will try on another computer tonight and post my findings.

TL;DR: The problem might be related to loading building related textures (inside building)

Rotzuff
07-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey, having a similar issue.

My first char cannot load.
My newly created toon can load.
Before being stuck at the loading screen thing, my game would crash if I used the mouse to look around. That happened inside my house, every time I would load, moving the camera would make the game crash. So I reloaded and ported out of my house, and I could play fine. However I had to enter a building for a mission, and the game crashed as soon as I got inside. From this moment, the character is not accessible anymore because loading won't complete.

The second toon works fine, but I just strated a game with it, I did not try to go inside a building.
I will try on another computer tonight and post my findings.

TL;DR: The problem might be related to loading building related textures (inside building)

got the same problem but all 4 toons doesn't work. we really need help

Ghrim Reeper
09-18-2014, 04:01 AM
After i select my character my game crashed and it returns me to my desktop.
This doesn't happen for 2 days and it just happen this morning randomly, my graphic card is Nvidia 750 gtx ti ..I can still run other games just fine..

please help

This has been happening to me all day. My main was a Firran. I got to level 20 and the client crashed on me. Tried to relog but it kept kicking me AFTER selecting my character. Load bar would go up to 22%, stop for about 3minutes, and then kick me back to desktop. Creating a new character (Harani this time) seemed to work for a bit. Played for a couple hours, client crashed, same story. However with the Harani it sometimes lets me get back in the game. Not sure whats up...

I've had a ticket open since yesterday now... seems the forums are just as slow.

re3s3s
10-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I've yet to find a fix.
I have two characters, can't load either of them. The game crashes with no error. after being in the world for about a minute. This has been happening since that bug update. I'm not too sure what to do now. My graphics card is AMD HD 5870 and runs fine, all drivers are up to date and I've re installed Catalyst as well.

Kyohira
04-05-2015, 09:19 PM
I found a fix for this, apologies for reviving a dead thread... but!

I realised that I was getting the same issue, I had this game previously installed but couldn't log into my only character, I figured that if people are able to create new characters and load into the game that it would be corrupted data files for that character in your Archeage folder?

So I went into "Documents > Archeage" then deleted my "USER" folder and re logged into the game.

It recreated my USER folder and I was able to log into the game :)

Hope this helps you guys!

XinNobunaga
10-07-2015, 03:59 AM
^ this worked for me.

I was crashing seconds after character selection screen. Changing to DX9 didn't help, but deleting/moving the USER file fixed the constant crashes.