PDA

View Full Version : Question for those playing a foreign or Alpha NA Client.

SD-
04-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Hey guys, essentially I'm looking to make a dual wielding tank. Has anyone that has played the KR or RU (or NA alpha) versions of the game seen this done (or have done) This successfully?

Right now I'm thinking either Soldier or Fighter may be able to fit that bill the best.

Any suggestions or personal experiences that anyone can share would be great. (Only people that have played please.)

Tiaryn
04-10-2014, 04:54 AM
It depends on what you want to do with your build. A shield would raise your physical defense and you would be able to tank a lot more in PvE and PvP.
If you choose dualblades you lose this endurance and you're more like an offensive tank. Dealing decent damage with 'over average' survivability in combat with your Defense tree.

I didn't play these classes myself so I cannot provide you any builds.

xioner
04-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Honestly, I would recommend just going into the game and taking skills which you might enjoy. This way you'll have the most fun playing. Sure your build might suck, but if you enjoyed it, what's the problem? You can tweak it later, or start a different character with a different build. But if you really want to check some dw tank builds, I suggest you go check the archeagesource forums!

kiukiu
04-10-2014, 09:35 AM
if u go for protection tree, shield is a must.

Zohnar
04-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Really you can be and do whatever you want. It might not always be efficient but some people may be able to pull off weird skill sets. You have no limit on which weapons you can use, no matter your chosen skill sets. You can also mix up any 3 skill sets. Not only that but you can always reset your skill sets to redistribute skill points or even choose a new skill set to try out. Also from what I understand, old skill sets dont get reset, so you can return to them later and not need to re level them.

Tiaryn
04-10-2014, 11:58 AM

No. You can use more skills from that tree with a shield but you can use the protection tree as a DPS aswell.

(...) Not only that but you can always reset your skill sets to redistribute skill points or even choose a new skill set to try out. Also from what I understand, old skill sets dont get reset, so you can return to them later and not need to re level them.

That's true. You have to level up all trees to level 50. If you want to change a tree you have to level it up but you can always fall back to the old tree for about 1 gold.

Emptyquiver
04-10-2014, 12:49 PM
One thing to note, while a shield is NOT a must for the Protection tree, a couple abilities do require them and those abilities have some decently strong combo effects when combined with other trees like Warfare and Will.

The Soldier build (Warfare, Prot, Will) is strong and has a lot of combos. Personally I like combos and making them happen, but let's face it - you wont always get them off. Especially in a PvP setting. In that sense, taking certain skills and being a Swiss army knife rather than a combo machine could potentially be more valuable.

I'm completely confident though that dual wield tank build could work with some creativity. You can always swap in a shield and reassign your skills if the need be too.

Vray
04-11-2014, 03:22 AM
I would like to ask any veterans here, how the Anger System in Vitalism/Protection tree works? Is it randomly generated or need some condition to generate?
Thank you.

kiukiu
04-11-2014, 06:21 AM
You recieve 100dmg, ur anger level is 100points up. If i remember correctly, cap is 3000, and there is nice healing skill that heals 30% of anger level + x ammount, so being a tank u get also healing spell for ~1500hp.

SD-
04-12-2014, 09:41 AM

I've read enough and talked to enough people to know this is absolutely not true.

SD-
04-12-2014, 09:53 AM
So I'm thinking Battle Rage/ Auramancy/defense may be the way to go for what I want to do. Here's what I'm thinking Opinions (mind you this is all tool tip guess work. I have no hard numbers.)

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011001111011100013000100010111010020101010 101100010

Mainly the thought behind this is defensive with a little bit of damage output and some group utility, and CC breakers/reducers. I plan on Dual wielding.

Slimylemon
04-12-2014, 09:34 PM
It's all in the balance of things. Duel wielding tanking can work, but you'll be doing decent damage with defensive stats that will be a bit above average. By the sounds of it you want to be able to charge in there slashing everything in your path whilst being able to take a hit. Maybe look towards a cc/buff tree like auramancy to help you out. A class like protection/auramancy/warefare could be a good mix for you, super aggressive and defensive at the same time.

Sure you wont be able to use the shield abilities of the protection tree, but that self heal is super strong, and you'll get some awesome defensive bonus' too.