PDA

View Full Version : Which classes share synergy with each other?

iamstillwater
04-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Hey folks.

So, I was studying the game a little more closely, but I'm a bit lost as to which classes have synergy with each other: Meaning, which classes have skills that work together well?

For one thing, based on Nekrage's videos, I can see Battle Rage and Defense getting some kind of synergy, and maybe Archery and Shadowplay, but I'm actually curious about creating a character that uses songcraft.

Like, is Songrcraft ideal for a melee Battlerage type, or maybe a shadowplay melee style? Archery?

I guess I'm looking for ideas for a number of situational character creations:

1. melee-type, tanky with self-heals.
2. Ranged damaged dealer. Is there one that can summon pets or self-heal?
3. Buffer-debuffer/Crowd-control with magic damage?
4. Whatever classes synergize well with songcraft.

Thoughts, my dear fellows?

kiukiu
04-10-2014, 06:11 AM
combat+finesse, archery+finesse, protection+will.
Being a bard, you will have to focus solely on singing, because songs last 15s+10s, but not whole 15, instead in intervals of 5s*3. It means that, if you use song, and will want to attack afterwards, song recast after 5s will be interupted. Movement does not interupt songs, actions do.

1. protection skill tree.
2. any1 can summon pets
3. death skill tree mostly
4. devotion maybe, because usually in pvp combat bards try to keep their distance away from enemies, so after casting a song, they have 5 seconds to either heal either cast another song.

Legion
04-11-2014, 01:26 AM
combat+finesse, archery+finesse, protection+will.
Being a bard, you will have to focus solely on singing, because songs last 15s+10s, but not whole 15, instead in intervals of 5s*3. It means that, if you use song, and will want to attack afterwards, song recast after 5s will be interupted. Movement does not interupt songs, actions do.

1. protection skill tree.
2. any1 can summon pets
3. death skill tree mostly
4. devotion maybe, because usually in pvp combat bards try to keep their distance away from enemies, so after casting a song, they have 5 seconds to either heal either cast another song.

Good bard is playing 3 songs non stop, dev+will, sorcery+artistry

PureRogue
04-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Good bard is playing 3 songs non stop, dev+will, sorcery+artistry
Good bard know the word of the song! =) Int+Wisd