PDA

View Full Version : Crash to Desktop and Settings not Saving

Monde
07-21-2014, 05:00 AM
Summary: I have continuous crash to Desktop and have been trying to find out what causes it but have not identified the cause. This seems to be in the first 30 minutes of playing and even worse with the new Snowlion mount. Added to that my settings do not save. I thought that the 2 were connected but am unsure now.

Steps to Reproduce: Login in and then I get dropped. Just worried about trade runs and a merchant ship. I got dropped after getting my Donkey on the weekend. There is no Error at all.

Every time I have to log in I need to reset my settings namely:

Double jump to deploy Glider
Chat Filter
Back item display
Additional Quick Slot Bars (my settings on the bars remains the same just the bars need to be added again.)

Frequency: Every time I play
Severity: 4. This is an inconvenience at the moment but if happens during PVP or when I have my ship out or am using a fishing ship or merchant ship the results could be massive.
System Specs:

Intel i7-3820 CPU
DX79SI Motherboard
16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Morak
07-21-2014, 06:33 AM
my game crashes all the time..during char creation, farming, just questing.
sometimes it crashes the moment i see the char selection screen, sometimes i can play for several hours without a single crash, though..thats really rare.

tried different drivers, different settings, closing programs, stopping av, nothing helped.
it wasnt that bad at the beginning of alpha. had rarely a crash (once in hours of play) but since a patch, in may i think, those crashes drasticaly increased and i dont know why...
when beta started, i tried to create a new char on the beta server and needed 5 tries, since the game crashed during creating process...

about the setting resets.
when you change some settings, you should restart the game (dont knwo if logout is enough) since settings changes are only applied after loging out. if the game crashes before you logout, those changes are lost.
after i managed to create a char, i needed three tries with the settings, since the game crashed here too.

Discreetmon
07-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Yeah, my game is also crashing to desktop. at random times. Idk why it was all working fine until today.

Monde
07-21-2014, 07:55 AM
about the setting resets.
when you change some settings, you should restart the game (dont knwo if logout is enough) since settings changes are only applied after loging out. if the game crashes before you logout, those changes are lost.

Yes I have tried that but as soon as the game crashes those specific settings reset to default.

So I login
Change settings
Logout to Desktop
Reload the game
Settings are ok
Game Crashes
Settings are reset to default.

But this is only on Beta server......Alpha the settings stay.......butt he crashing happens.

scott123b
07-21-2014, 08:21 AM
My game crashed maybe like 3 or 4 times during the weekend event. My glider settings did not save itself but the chat did. The extra bars were kinda blotchy once but that went away.