PDA

View Full Version : How to break the daggerspell or darkrunner combo with a Stone Arrow?

Goethe
05-12-2015, 08:16 AM
I have over 4k of gear in leather with gems, if a daggerspell with decent gear gets me 1st, he does that same lame combo sleep -> meteor -> bubble -> arc lightning, and I'm gone, w/o single second to react, it's a bit frustrating, the same can be said about darkrunners...

How do you guys break that combo? I think I saw an honor cape that removes lassitude.

Zeraphiel
05-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Cape, or a friend.

Or be like every other ♥♥♥♥ty player and find a way to slot Witchcraft into your non-mage build!

MagnumMack
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Prayer

Don't get hit first

Goethe
05-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Cape, or a friend.

Or be like every other ♥♥♥♥ty player and find a way to slot Witchcraft into your non-mage build!

Wanna be my sidekick Zera? hehehe

I'm considering making an Archon, lots of CC, Courageous Action for fear and sleep, however the complete absence of mobility in world pvp or at all, makes it a hard sell.

However the honor cape, 3k honor for a 10 days item is a bit tough, but I think I can make that in a few days of casual arena.

Zeraphiel
05-12-2015, 09:27 AM
The extenders let you keep it for a longer time at less cost too.

Also: Trickster/Arcane Hunter?

Rippp
05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Time limit on honor capes SUCKS not to mention you have to give up using an auroria cloak for it...I personally prefer the auroria 10% move speed cloak. They should give everyone a cc break on 5 min cd to help with balance imo

Crazy Mike
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
be a primeval and learn to kite

Neodoc
05-12-2015, 09:48 AM
I have over 4k of gear in leather with gems, if a daggerspell with decent gear gets me 1st, he does that same lame combo sleep -> meteor -> bubble -> arc lightning, and I'm gone, w/o single second to react, it's a bit frustrating, the same can be said about darkrunners...

How do you guys break that combo? I think I saw an honor cape that removes lassitude.

the only way you can stop it is to avoid the opening fear then using invul on sleep, doing so will save you life.

edit: even using witchcraft wont exactly help, because its fairly easy for the mage to just purge+focal you and 9/10 remove the anti sleep. then fear+sleep you (or just change the combo around and use bubble to get meteor off)

Goethe
05-12-2015, 10:33 AM
The extenders let you keep it for a longer time at less cost too.

Also: Trickster/Arcane Hunter?

What do you mean with extenders?

Time limit on honor capes SUCKS not to mention you have to give up using an auroria cloak for it...I personally prefer the auroria 10% move speed cloak. They should give everyone a cc break on 5 min cd to help with balance imo

About the time limit on honor cloak, hell yeah, but even if I had an auroria cloak, which I don't, I would still be dead by the combo's end. CC + CC Breaks is why there is only like 4-5 classes everywhere you look, however with such skill, it would create another set of imbalances.

the only way you can stop it is to avoid the opening fear then using invul on sleep, doing so will save you life.

edit: even using witchcraft wont exactly help, because its fairly easy for the mage to just purge+focal you and 9/10 remove the anti sleep. then fear+sleep you (or just change the combo around and use bubble to get meteor off)

Good to know about the purge+sleep combo, I wasn't paying attention to that, about the invuln, does it break the sleep or do you mean use it before he cast the sleep?

Neodoc
05-12-2015, 11:32 AM
What do you mean with extenders?

About the time limit on honor cloak, hell yeah, but even if I had an auroria cloak, which I don't, I would still be dead by the combo's end. CC + CC Breaks is why there is only like 4-5 classes everywhere you look, however with such skill, it would create another set of imbalances.

Good to know about the purge+sleep combo, I wasn't paying attention to that, about the invuln, does it break the sleep or do you mean use it before he cast the sleep?

the witchcraft sleep when cast has a 3 sec "safe" time, where you can use things to prevent it from activating the real sleep on you (purging it off of you, using the songcraft alarm song ect). for anyone with def tree you can just use invul when u see it cast on you and it prevents the actual sleep from being activated.

Goethe
05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
the witchcraft sleep when cast has a 3 sec "safe" time, where you can use things to prevent it from activating the real sleep on you (purging it off of you, using the songcraft alarm song ect). for anyone with def tree you can just use invul when u see it cast on you and it prevents the actual sleep from being activated.

Damn nice, thx man, didn't know that, guess im putting invuln back.

JDeHart
05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Yup, if the caster is off by a couple of seconds you just pop the invuln and the fight is won!

Mercs
05-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Archery has a self buff that makes the user immune to fear for a time, I think its intensity? Your best bet is to try and read when they are going all in for the fear and try to pop it right before. Many dspells will just fear anyway if you have it but against better ones you will have to time it well. Dont use it as a damage buff agaislnst witchcraft but as a proactive anti fear, then you can immune the sleep during its countdown before it applies.

newguy123
05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
to evade buble
1 boneyard
2 invinsibility
3 imprison
4 dropback(exactly when bubble hits)
5 shadowstep (yourself or the caster of the bubble )

to break sleep/meteor combo
1 invinsibility
2 imprison ( just remember to keep the other guy outside... )

now how to avoid the concussive,purge,fear sleep combo ? ( they purge your buffs and if they get intencity then you are dead )
when u going on for the dagger spell always use intensity 1st. then use redoubt and then freerunner and even try to use shadow step on yourself .... why ?
in case they get you 1st the concussive will remove 1 buff , usually the freerunner/shadowstep buff then purge will remove another freerunner/redoubt but fear immunity will stay and then u can start your combo , if you see them casting bubble u have 5 ways to counter it.
in case they removed your anti fear , you should have redoubt up and when meteor will hit you , just teleport behind him with shadow step for stun combo or boneyard and go into kiting mode.

the hardest part of this battle is just to stay in kiting range and not to give in into the temptation to pursue them like u can do with prime.

Weelah
05-13-2015, 04:03 AM
Intensity
Honor Cape
Dog pet - to stun them while they cast

valdamus
05-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Whichcraft doesnt help. Good DR's/DS's will 100~0% even w/o sleep. You need a pet to cc them for a couple of seconds enough for you to hop on your mountlion and sprint to guards.

Ratigan
05-13-2015, 08:57 AM
If you have Redoubt up when the meteor hits (ie., you can avoid the knockdown), you can teleport or shadow step out of the meteor's radius before the damage hits you. So, with Redoubt, it's fear > sleep > knockdown from meteor hits you (you aren't knocked down, but sleep is broken) > teleport/shadowstep away > meteor missed > Daggerspell cries.

Goethe
05-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Wow, a lot of good info, thx all of you guys.

I have some doubt when ppl said that if I have redoubt when meteor hits, it will not knockback, and I should just shadowstep right away, that part is clear, but doing that will the meteor miss also when I do that? Would be it a similar mechanic of making a concussive shot or bubble miss when I dropback, I also never manage to time it correctly, possibly because of my latency ~150ms.

Dremlock
05-13-2015, 09:41 AM
VS daggerspell

intensity the fear, imprison yourself during the lassitude count down. Invinc the bubble

Zehro
05-13-2015, 10:07 AM
my latency ~150ms.
Battleping can fix this problem so long as you can afford it for $4 a month. I believe its even cheaper if you buy for longer periods.

My ping goes from 120 to 30 due to battleping. The difference is unbelievable in PvP. WTFast doesn't work as well for me.

Goethe
05-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Battleping can fix this problem so long as you can afford it for $4 a month. I believe its even cheaper if you buy for longer periods.

My ping goes from 120 to 30 due to battleping. The difference is unbelievable in PvP. WTFast doesn't work as well for me.

Hey Zehro, my latency is around 170-180 normal, with WTFast Advanced it's at 145-150, I thought it was a very marginal gain, with the 20m try of Battleping it stayed inside that same range.

Zehro
05-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Hey Zehro, my latency is around 170-180 normal, with WTFast Advanced it's at 145-150, I thought it was a very marginal gain, with the 20m try of Battleping it stayed inside that same range.

Ah that sucks. I know the results vary heavily person to person. At 120 ping arena was unplayable because I would watch other people get off hits before I could. There was a good 1/2 second delay between pressing the button and the skill in game. After battleping it was as close to instant as I could ever want.

With battleping be sure to try multiple servers. I know I'm not connected directly to Texas, the server location. But instead I connect to Chicago because it gets me slightly better ping. The Texas server connection is also less stable for whatever reason.

Alderez
05-14-2015, 02:47 AM
Roll Primeval. I typically start with Freerunner and Intensity (remember that this is also a fear immunity), stalker's > shadowstep > charged bolt > leech, and 90% of the time I end up with their CA. If they're "smart" enough to not pop CA until after you've started the fight, it's as simple as your leech > nodachi combo to 2-shot most any Mage.

Goethe
05-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Ah that sucks. I know the results vary heavily person to person. At 120 ping arena was unplayable because I would watch other people get off hits before I could. There was a good 1/2 second delay between pressing the button and the skill in game. After battleping it was as close to instant as I could ever want.

With battleping be sure to try multiple servers. I know I'm not connected directly to Texas, the server location. But instead I connect to Chicago because it gets me slightly better ping. The Texas server connection is also less stable for whatever reason.

Thx man, I will check the paid version of battleping when my month of wtfast expire.

Roll Primeval. I typically start with Freerunner and Intensity (remember that this is also a fear immunity), stalker's > shadowstep > charged bolt > leech, and 90% of the time I end up with their CA. If they're "smart" enough to not pop CA until after you've started the fight, it's as simple as your leech > nodachi combo to 2-shot most any Mage.

Thanks man, but I really like the survivability of the Stone Arrow, and I do a ton of solo and group world pvp, I'm considering trying a few different classes down the road, some more unorthodox ones like Archon or Druid.