PDA

View Full Version : Archery Questions

Baddiez
05-14-2015, 07:10 AM
I plan to swap over to some sort of archer class not entirely sure which, but I wanted to ask a few questions to some vets out there before I made any large investments into the class.

1. Are the additional stats on a bow for example agi on gale str int on sunset etc really that important in the long run?
2. Is GHA as viable as some people make it out to be due to the crit set effect?
3. Is the effect of gale rings (ignore defense) worth using gale rings for? Everyone seems to be potted anyways so it doesn't seem to be that "meaningful" IMO.
4. Obsidian boots just give evasion I figure I might as well settle for maybe a eph or delph squall instead as evasion while important I don't see the small % increase as being worthwhile in the long run. Any thoughts?
5. ATM I plan to get t4 Obsidian Jerkin(phys def buff ftw), Pantsu(Pants), Gloves and Cap. I kind of want to be tanky, but also dish out damage should I go squall for remaining pieces or gale?
6. Any tips to the class or maybe some seemingly common information that newer archers have trouble learning?

Thanks for your time :)

akmaggot666
05-14-2015, 08:27 AM
the evasion is good on boots, and as u may know, def on boots fists guards belt aren't that high, u can more than double with gems, I am not an archer but I would personaly go for either obsidian or auroria wildborn boots http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/27018/
u said delph squall, sure u will get them cheaper, def is same as with obsidian t5, but u can make t5 boots and get evasion... :P
everything depends on ur income, how much gold u got and how much u plan to have

Myrgatroid
05-14-2015, 08:37 AM
I plan to swap over to some sort of archer class not entirely sure which, but I wanted to ask a few questions to some vets out there before I made any large investments into the class.

1. Are the additional stats on a bow for example agi on gale str int on sunset etc really that important in the long run?
2. Is GHA as viable as some people make it out to be due to the crit set effect?
3. Is the effect of gale rings (ignore defense) worth using gale rings for? Everyone seems to be potted anyways so it doesn't seem to be that "meaningful" IMO.
4. Obsidian boots just give evasion I figure I might as well settle for maybe a eph or delph squall instead as evasion while important I don't see the small % increase as being worthwhile in the long run. Any thoughts?
5. ATM I plan to get t4 Obsidian Jerkin(phys def buff ftw), Pantsu(Pants), Gloves and Cap. I kind of want to be tanky, but also dish out damage should I go squall for remaining pieces or gale?
6. Any tips to the class or maybe some seemingly common information that newer archers have trouble learning?

Thanks for your time :)

1) Not really overwhelmingly important IMO, but gale or v2 for example can help to make up for lost ground if you go with a Stamina heavy build.
2) Not at this stage of the game IMO.
3) Celestial dream ring and gale ring seem to be best choices for archers.
4) Running wildborn boots (2 secs off charged bolt cooldown) seem to be best option, but this may be a personal playstyle preference. Obsidian boots are very nice, however. If not using wildborn boots, I think I would consider not using obsidian to gain a 4 piece set bonus (well, really only viable trade is gale's 4 pc move speed bonus).
5) That's kind of the setup I am personally using, but decided on promise fists over obsidian (note, there is someone saying that top RU players don't use endless arrows, but waiting for more info on that). Remaining pieces are optional, but some auroria pieces are more desirable than ever before if you are using 4+ pieces of obsidian. Consider Promise belt (+ 5 secs to freerunner) and wildborn guards (+ 5 secs to intensity). In your proposed setup, I'd go with gale I suppose over squall.
6) Don't ignore the dps you can gain from other trees and rely too much on archery tree. Prior to 55, one could stand solely on the archery tree. Since 55, I've had to change my playstyle a bit to feel as effective.

Baddiez
05-14-2015, 10:15 AM
the evasion is good on boots, and as u may know, def on boots fists guards belt aren't that high, u can more than double with gems, I am not an archer but I would personaly go for either obsidian or auroria wildborn boots http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/27018/
u said delph squall, sure u will get them cheaper, def is same as with obsidian t5, but u can make t5 boots and get evasion... :P
everything depends on ur income, how much gold u got and how much u plan to have

I can get enough money for whatever (not p2w hardcore farming). But I completely forgot about auroria gear so i'll look into that. XD Ty for the reply

Baddiez
05-14-2015, 10:16 AM
1) Not really overwhelmingly important IMO, but gale or v2 for example can help to make up for lost ground if you go with a Stamina heavy build.
2) Not at this stage of the game IMO.
3) Celestial dream ring and gale ring seem to be best choices for archers.
4) Running wildborn boots (2 secs off charged bolt cooldown) seem to be best option, but this may be a personal playstyle preference. Obsidian boots are very nice, however. If not using wildborn boots, I think I would consider not using obsidian to gain a 4 piece set bonus (well, really only viable trade is gale's 4 pc move speed bonus).
5) That's kind of the setup I am personally using, but decided on promise fists over obsidian (note, there is someone saying that top RU players don't use endless arrows, but waiting for more info on that). Remaining pieces are optional, but some auroria pieces are more desirable than ever before if you are using 4+ pieces of obsidian. Consider Promise belt (+ 5 secs to freerunner) and wildborn guards (+ 5 secs to intensity). In your proposed setup, I'd go with gale I suppose over squall.
6) Don't ignore the dps you can gain from other trees and rely too much on archery tree. Prior to 55, one could stand solely on the archery tree. Since 55, I've had to change my playstyle a bit to feel as effective.

Thanks for all the info I totally forgot about auroria leather lol and about the other trees yeah i'm looking into that atm trying to see what it is I want and not only have archery to rely on :D