PDA

View Full Version : XLGAMES on Developing and Playing ArcheAge

Scapes
05-14-2015, 05:53 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/ghost_ship_battle_header.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/05/13/xlgames-on-developing-and-playing-archeage)

The Trion Worlds ArcheAge Team is visiting XLGAMES in Seoul, Korea this week to discuss your feedback on the latest changes with Dread Prophecies and what's coming to the game next! Meanwhile, we've published the following pre-visit interview with two of the developers, Producer Yi Kwangro and Design Team Manager Ham Yongjin.

What’s the most difficult decision you’ve made when working on ArcheAge?

Kwangro: There really hasn’t been a single decision that was easy to make. That being said, the topics we dwell on the most are economy, faction balances, and finding the right balance between casual and hardcore players. These are difficult because a decision usually improves things for one group of players while leaving another group worse off. I’d say finding a solution that makes everyone happy is the most difficult aspect of developing.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/05/13/xlgames-on-developing-and-playing-archeage)

JerryBoyle
05-14-2015, 06:12 PM
"We think that trolling and the use of profanity should be added to the list, so we’re thinking of ways to turn these activities into punishable crime." That would be interesting, could be a way to fight blockades lol

BumBle
05-14-2015, 07:46 PM
I really like the lore of Rangora and Morpheus. Very interesting. :D

sillywabbituk
05-15-2015, 05:15 AM
LOOK scapes no one cares about updates we just want the game cleaned of hackers.. maybe stop banning the people reporting hackers and ban the ones who are hacking. trion is completely backwards its beyond a joke!

chrisluissanc
05-15-2015, 03:08 PM
LOOK scapes no one cares about updates we just want the game cleaned of hackers.. maybe stop banning the people reporting hackers and ban the ones who are hacking. trion is completely backwards its beyond a joke!

two things

1) not relavent
2) still not relavant

go cry somewhere else

Marcelimo
05-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Even if we dont learn more about concrete future contents in this interview, I found it really interesting. This is really the spirit and purpose of Archeage for me!

I really hope this vision is shared among both XL Games and Trion and that they will implement it successfully in the game after their few mistakes!

draciele
05-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Use of profanity giving crime points? I'm ♥♥♥♥ed lol

jeffbenefiel
05-16-2015, 04:48 PM
"We think that trolling and the use of profanity should be added to the list, so we’re thinking of ways to turn these activities into punishable crime."

I have my doubts, because "trolling" can be redefined infinitely to be something other then blockades, writers call this a "hook" ;) Profanity as a crime is a band-aid, they just turn on the existing language filter and auto assign crime points, it's a way of looking like you're dealing with trolls while not dealing with the broken collision mechanics of the carts/wagons. Before you say "just turn off the stop on collision" like the Hackney Carts, that opens a whole new can of trolling worms, even if it removes the afk blockade in safe zone stupidity. If they wanted to increase customer retention they'd multiply the existing crime point crimes by 10, then double the price of forgiveness potions, a win-win for everyone.

Eilios
05-20-2015, 08:54 AM
If you could re-design one game system so that it was different at the time it went live, what would it be?

Kwangro: While I don’t think a specific system is lacking or needs change, I think we could’ve polished Auroria and player nations further had we had more time.

Wait a second...

I thought player factions was a completely broken mechanic in the game across the board and they were finding a way to fix it...?

This dude doesn't think a completely broken system needs changing? His input is important to the game too...

Can't you guys just be honest and say it's fine and coming in a future update or something at least? The next full update (1.8) seems to have stuff that they decided to add to expand on player factions too, which you guys say is a broken mechanic. Why would they add more things to a broken mechanic and why does this guy say everything is good and he wants a player faction?

Scapes? Khrolan?

playerone
05-20-2015, 01:31 PM
How do you think European ArcheAge players differ from Korean and North American players?