sawdacop
07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Theeeeen crash to desktop.

i5 4570
8GB DDR3
GTX 760

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
This is the first time I've had this issue, been playing fine for two days straight.

lyonidez
07-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I have the same problem

Zapo
07-21-2014, 02:00 PM
I just downloaded the game, and I'm getting the exact issue. Windowed mode and mashing escape as others suggested doesn't work.

Schasu
07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Documents -> ArcheAge -> ArcheAge.log

You probably need to post the contents of this log here or inside a Support Ticket so that the developers/supporters can take a deeper look for the errors that happened during the Startup of your game.

Zapo
07-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Um, yeah, beta is offline, so that's why it crashes, only Alpha is up currently :) Eeep!

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Um, yeah, beta is offline, so that's why it crashes, only Alpha is up currently :) Eeep!

Where does it say that beta is offline?

Kourgath223
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Where does it say that beta is offline?

Check the attachment it is from an email Trion sent out talking about the beta starting.

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
You're telling me the beta lasted 4 days? what teh ♥♥♥♥ LOL

imalsoben
07-21-2014, 06:52 PM
You're telling me the beta lasted 4 days? what teh ♥♥♥♥ LOL

your telling me you didnt read? what teh ♥♥♥♥ LOL... oh wait nvm.. people never read.

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
your telling me you didnt read? what teh ♥♥♥♥ LOL... oh wait nvm.. people never read.

I probably didn't read, but who the ♥♥♥♥ actually cares? Beta lasting 4 days.. what's the point of that?

Heretic
07-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Beta EVENT. They are basically weekend betas, none will likely last for more than a few days at a time. But yeah, crash is because the servers are offline until the next beta event and the client is stupidly not written to just say "server not online."

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 07:15 PM
So they only allow us to play for a few days at a time? what the heck LOL. Adults need a schedule for when to play games?

Drono
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
So they only allow us to play for a few days at a time? what the heck LOL. Adults need a schedule for when to play games?

no, developers need time to fix what they found in each beta event, heaven forbid the game gets fixed instead of you getting to "PLAY" gee, I thought it was a Beta, not a free play test! how did I misunderstand the words BETA to mean PLAY TEST!

sawdacop
07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
no, developers need time to fix what they found in each beta event, heaven forbid the game gets fixed instead of you getting to "PLAY" gee, I thought it was a Beta, not a free play test! how did I misunderstand the words BETA to mean PLAY TEST!

Fixing the game doesn't mean take it down, prepare a patch while we play and then send it through. We'll restart our clients and it'll patch our game.

You can't say you don't want to play right now.

Drono
07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Fixing the game doesn't mean take it down, prepare a patch while we play and then send it through. We'll restart our clients and it'll patch our game.

You can't say you don't want to play right now.

actually I can, I'm an alpha player, but I do not want to play anymore in Alpha because I don't want to ruin the experience of the game, if I come up with a bug I want to make sure doesn't make it into the game and want to verify it happens I'll go onto Alpha if I want to get a bug reported while I wait for the next Beta event.

that's why I payed $150 so that I can report any bugs that I find outside of beta.