PDA

View Full Version : NPCs spamming general channel

Gothix
07-21-2014, 02:51 PM
I was standing in one of the first camps trying to chat, and this NPC was posting, literaly every 3-4 seconds, a message that on level 5 i can unlock new tree...
it completely spammed my chat windows until i deactivated visibility of general chat channel.
And then of course, I couldn't see anymore what players were posting there, because it was turned off.

My example is from first camp, but I guess this NPC text spam is implemented in many NPCs around the world, so unless you want most of your player base deactivating general channel (making it pointless), NPC text should really be completely deactivated.

When players want to talk to NPC, they will click it. Or alternatively, make NPC directly whisper a player with an important message when player comes first time into the particular area, and make this whisper appear to player only 1 single time, and never again.

Andriella
07-22-2014, 01:28 AM
I second that. Make NPC's with important messages whisper you, and make others shut up a little. :-p When you're in a city, you really don't need every single guard you pass saying "We need to upgrade security" (or something like that) - that's just rediculous.

Otherwise - great game =D

Gothix
07-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Or at least make NPC chat a separate channel that can be turned off.
ATM their chat is in general channel (say) thats shared with real players so its very bad to turn it off, and miss players saying something to you.

DemonstrationX
07-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Or... you can create a new tab and edit its settings, changing what shows up in it. :/

Gothix
07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Or... you can create a new tab and edit its settings, changing what shows up in it. :/

Thats the first thing i do before i even start moving my character around. I have 7-8 tabs.
The problem is even if i have completely separate tab for just general channel, if it gets spammed by NPCs i will miss player messages in it!