PDA

View Full Version : help me out please?

Davidc
05-18-2015, 08:43 PM
so i want to play a support/cc class BUT not a primary healer so am thinking either "caretaker,athame, enchantrix"? but i been reading and look like for PVE/PVP wise you dont really need a support role, you have a cleric can pretty much do all of that? so how am i suppose to enjoy my playstyle if i have to force to play a main healer instead of a support =/

Ishiko
05-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Unless you're in a dungeon where everyone has set roles, play whatever you like. Small scale stuff cc makes a big difference, but zergy stuff it'll get broken instantly. Playing songs makes raids happy, but not as useful with small numbers.

Basically, it's a game, play how you want.

Davidc
05-18-2015, 08:53 PM
so if am inside an instance what kind of role do i play as a support?

Ishiko
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
You switch to a tank, healer or dps role.

Davidc
05-18-2015, 08:57 PM
can a full support songcraft fill a dps role?

Gamemako
05-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Depends on what you consider support.

If you want buffs... that gets a bit complicated. Songcraft is kinda silly in that you can't do anything while performing a song, but you can perform 5 songs at once. You also can't stack multiple performers. In practice, you usually end up with 1 buff character who does nothing but buff and occasionally toss out a stun. Because of that, you typically have a Tomb Warden (Songcraft/Defense/Auramancy) filling the role with maximum durability, or you have your healer doing it most of the time (Cleric, Caretaker). In certain situations, you can make use of Songcraft buffs on other characters by songweaving, using the song buff in between abilities. It's incredibly mana-intensive and mostly impossible to run more than 2 songs at once that way, but can be quite useful to have. There are all sorts of classes which can make pretty decent use, but especially Dawncaller (Battle/Song/Def) and Earthsinger (Sorc/Song/Def) come to mind for being rather useful selections. Dawncaller in cloth has the potential for more CC resistance than any other class in the game, and Battlerage and Defense work well together. Earthsinger can use the Zeal bonus in Songcraft to do a truckload of damage in addition to having good durability and buffs -- tougher to play due to cast times, though.

Beyond buffs, though, you have the entire Witchcraft and Occultism skillsets, who are all about stopping enemies from attacking. You could always do something like a Shroudmaster (Shadowplay/Occultism/Witchcraft) and run around throwing enemies in bubbles or just holding them in the air for your teammates to beat on like a piņata.

Davidc
05-18-2015, 10:23 PM
I dont mind buffing all the time, there is a reason why i am looking for a full support buffer, would they take a buffer for instances? my option right now is:

off healer with buff : caretaker, athame
Dps with buff: spellsong
cc buffer: enchantrix

Gamemako
05-18-2015, 10:37 PM
I dont mind buffing all the time, there is a reason why i am looking for a full support buffer, would they take a buffer for instances?

For smaller dungeons, not really. Ode is often enough healing for non-boss encounters, and in some dungeons, you may have two healers with one taking up the buffs most of the time. Songcraft buffs are huge, but the just get relegated to the healer much of the time because of the heals involved with the skillset. Tomb Wardens are rather useful for large-scale encounters (PvE and PvP), but often superfluous in smaller raids. When you get into larger raids, you want your healers to heal and can't really afford to coordinate weaving the buffs, so it goes onto a dedicated buff unit.

Also, I don't think you realize what Tomb Warden actually entails. You mostly hit 5 song buffs every 20 seconds and just wander around for most of the time. Quite notorious for being awfully boring. You probably shouldn't consider it except as something you respec to use now and then when your guild needs it. Even if you're keeping songcraft around all the time, you should probably find a more versatile spec for general use. Earthsinger, Spellsinger, Dawncaller, Blade Dancer, whatever.

Kieta
05-19-2015, 12:27 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#9.3.2/3Z6U8Tx1Jjnl just a quick throw together :P but Poxbane wearing plate 1h/shield can become a mini raid boss doing small scale pvp, all this while boosting team preformance. for weapon you can either go for scepter(you can deal dmg) or mace/shortspear for healing.

Just an idea :)

Davidc
05-19-2015, 03:31 PM
i dont really mind just playing 5 songs over and over again, seem i already a big fan of "support" in any mmo, its my play style. What kind of role is Athame, Enchantrix and Caretaker? can an athame and enchantix role as a dps? with full buff support?

arathon4real
05-19-2015, 04:43 PM
sounds like you want to be a tombcaller http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/309283 maybe a build llike this

arathon4real
05-19-2015, 04:44 PM
its buffs and a bunch of cc