PDA

View Full Version : Become a Founder and Continue Your ArcheAge Adventure

Scapes
07-21-2014, 06:12 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/AA_POSE_FoundersCostume_08_720x322.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/07/become-a-founder-and-continue-your-archeage-adventure)

ArcheAge's first Closed Beta Event (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/beta/) has ended! Secure your access to future Closed Beta Events by becoming a Founder (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/) today. In addition to access to all of Beta, the Silver and Gold Founder's Packs grant in-game Credits, unique titles, cosmetic items, Patron status, and the ability to start playing four days before launch.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/07/become-a-founder-and-continue-your-archeage-adventure)

Loggy
07-21-2014, 06:15 PM
error 404 when you try to load webpage, works now

Dahak
07-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Great to see the upgrade options again, many were asking about that in game during CB1.

Willu
07-21-2014, 06:37 PM
I find it both annoying and offensive that you don't at least give a beta key to the players who have been logged into the game for 15 hours + or who are over a certain level,I for example played the game day and night and even posted bug threads and participated in dungeons and pvp,got to lvl 33 and I am not certain that I will receive a CBTE 2 key...
The simple thought that you could be giving a key to a player who has played less than one hour disturbs me,what if that person cannot play the game because his pc too outdated but still got a beta key?The regular players like me won't get any chance....

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Nice I will probably go ahead and get a pack.

Darknixon
07-21-2014, 06:41 PM
The Founders pack was at a push for me, if only i had the funds, i want it so bad :( can't wait! ...1st world problems.

Leila
07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
uh i'm confused , If I bought pack b4 I don't need to buy again right?lol

Major
07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Umm

I find it both annoying and offensive that you don't at least give a beta key to the players who have been logged into the game for 15 hours + or who are over a certain level,I for example played the game day and night and even posted bug threads and participated in dungeons and pvp,got to lvl 33 and I am not certain that I will receive a CBTE 2 key...
The simple thought that you could be giving a key to a player who has played less than one hour disturbs me,what if that person cannot play the game because his pc too outdated but still got a beta key?The regular players like me won't get any chance....

I understand you frustration, but they did, and will hand out tens of thousands of Beta keys. Don't stress, just sing up with the option is out.

Major
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM

If you paid for a founders pack, then no, you do not have to buy again. Your founders pack will be valid all the way thru early release

Willu
07-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm just saying that it's not fair for a player who is a valuable beta tester to be replaced by one who doesn't even play...

Leila
If you paid for a founders pack, then no, you do not have to buy again. Your founders pack will be valid all the way thru early release

Oh! cool, thank you ! :)

Tropheus
What a surprise.. You should offer founders 24/7 access to Beta server to continue their characters to. I bet sales double the current rate if that were to happen.

Scapes
07-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Nice I will probably go ahead and get a pack.

Great!

Correct!

Major
07-21-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm just saying that it's not fair for a player who is a valuable beta tester to be replaced by one who doesn't even play...

Well... A "valuable" beta tester is a founder, not a f2p player just fyi

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 06:49 PM

Then buy a pack or shut it lol0

Fluximate
07-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Only things that bother me are the huge cost of the founder pack
and the fact that alot of the keys given to players for the beta were Russians and such

Willu
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Well what if some people can't afford it?They will be left out of beta even tho they helped a lot?...

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
What a surprise.. You should offer founders 24/7 access to Beta server to continue their characters to. I bet sales double the current rate if that were to happen.

I'm down with this idea lol. I bet sales would be amazing.

HolyAvengerOne
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't know how I feel about that article. Somewhere at the limit between informative and trying to take advantage of people because they stopped being able to login for some time, is what it feels like to me.

Meh.

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Well what if some people can't afford it?They will be left out of beta even tho they helped a lot?...
Man if you can't afford it just keep your eyes open for beta key giveaways and check your email once they announce the next event.

Imrielle
07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Well... A "valuable" beta tester is a founder, not a f2p player just fyi
A "valuable" beta tester is a tester who can test the features they need tested, which is currently... the F2P experience. Guess what? He's more valuable than a founder for that.

Only things that bother me are the huge cost of the founder pack and the fact that alot of the keys given to players for the beta were Russians and such
I was going to disagree with this, but actually... I can't. I ran into quite a number of Russian players - or, at least, Russian speaking players.

Major
07-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Heh, yea that would be nice matlock, but it needs to come down for bug fixes ect. Hopefully back up very soon.

Major
07-21-2014, 06:57 PM
A "valuable" beta tester is a tester who can test the features they need tested, which is currently... the F2P experience. Guess what? He's more valuable than a founder for that.

He's a moocher who bounces from game to game looking for a free ride. Go get a job. And guess what, f2p players aren't paying Trion and XL-Games bills.

Willu
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Without f2p players the game would be empty mate.

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't know how I feel about that article. Somewhere at the limit between informative and trying to take advantage of people because they stopped being able to login for some time, is what it feels like to me.

Meh.

It's brilliant really. Any company that wants to make money would do the same. Hook them on beta, and now when they really want to play they will fork out the money for the game. It's smart and to do anything different would be dumb on their part. Although if they had a 24/7 beta server it would be nice incentive to go ahead and get a pack to start playing. :P

Darknixon
07-21-2014, 07:02 PM
after scraping the funds to gain founder pack for this long awaited game and 2 days after the start, i Don't actually understand why the beta server needs to be down at all other than for maintenance and updates, i agree we should be allowed at very least limited access to play after paying? i mean more than events over weekend that's fine for those who have free beta giveaways, but for those of us who have paid i think there should be given access.

Imrielle
07-21-2014, 07:03 PM
He's a moocher who bounces from game to game looking for a free ride. Go get a job. And guess what, f2p players aren't paying Trion and XL-Games bills.
And you know this... how, exactly?
Oh, you know him in person? What... you don't? *insert intensely shocked emoticon here*
Oh, you based it entirely on him not being able to afford to pay 50$USD? Not, mind you, that he even said he couldn't, he said "they", which could mean any number of things.

*looks really hard for Willu's post stating that he bounces around from game to game, and surprise, it doesn't exist*
Hmm. An assumption.

*looks for Willu's post stating he doesn't have a job... and... it also doesn't exist*
Oh. Another assumption. How surprising.

Willu
07-21-2014, 07:06 PM
That is the most amazing argument I have ever seen on a forum lol

Southernstar71
07-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I bought Silver so I'm guaranteed to play the next Beta Events. Can't afford another $100 to upgrade.

@Scapes Will we find out about CBE2 dates on the Thursday Livestream?

Ryuna
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM

You weren't obligated to test anything. Of course they appreciate it, but you didn't need to. Just stay positive. Watch the forums and your email for a chance at the next beta keys. I understand their reason behind requiring more keys for each event. This allows everyone a chance to get in and experience/test the game.

Nehuy
07-21-2014, 07:24 PM

They just can't keep track for every valuable feedback (there is a lot of them), I'm not contradicting you, they just will not search for valuables beta testers.
Giving away keys to an open public is the easiest way, and most of them will enjoy playing/?reporting bugs¿

Willu
07-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Some of them won't ,and for every player who gets one there will be one less player who has been in the first event and wishes to be in the second (like me).

Willu
07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm just saying after,they said we should discuss this on the forums,I just gave my opinion on it all.

ctmatlock
07-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Willu i take it you really enjoyed the beta. I hope you get selected for the next one.

Lilker
07-21-2014, 08:02 PM
I im feeling REALY frustraded, i bought the silver pack, thinking this would be the begining of the Beta, and was ancous to start doing a lot of things, no rush at all !!

So 5 days after... i ask a GM what happen and he said that it was just a Beta EVENT and no the BETA we are actualy free to play.

Just that we waited for so long to start playng that we whanted to play the game we payed for ! and the guys that got the free key .. ok 5 days just to taste it !!

So im here reeeeaaallyy sad about what happend, and kind of mad about Glyph....

Thats not the way to treat people that like you say on the page are "founder" that are helping to Suport the project!!!

The thing is ... There is no Gam that Goes from Alpha to "beta event" that goes back to alpha.... The game is ... Alpha an that Beta!! Open events of 5 days for outsider is ok !! but dont take the game out of clients that actually payed for it!

MrShmid
07-21-2014, 08:08 PM
snip

They said multiple times that it would be a beta event and not open beta. They posted the start/end times everywhere. It's your own fault for not reading the info they gave you.

And yes, actually, there are plenty of games that do multiple beta events before either a continuous open beta or a release.

Haydenaire
07-21-2014, 08:16 PM
I loved it too Willu, I actually sold my PS4 and raked up a hefty bill on my Credit Card just to build a PC to play this game! I didn't get an invite, but one day out from beta closing, Alexconnect, an ArcheAge streamer, found me a key, so I got to play about 6 hours worth! Was amazing! I'm really looking forward to hearing what was learnt from the Beta testing and when you can tell us when the next is, thanks Trion!

rocdog
07-21-2014, 08:31 PM
I was going to disagree with this, but actually... I can't. I ran into quite a number of Russian players - or, at least, Russian speaking players.

Many Russian speaking players are also on Alpha, and intend to play on either NA or EU on release, in the hope that TRION's servers will be less hacked than the mail.ru servers are.

I agree that more players would be likely to convert if they knew that they could play the closed beta all the time, though. The game has a way of growing on you, and the added patron status duration is a big selling point, as well as the additional credits and spiffy glider.

HolyAvengerOne
07-21-2014, 08:35 PM
It's brilliant really. Any company that wants to make money would do the same. Hook them on beta, and now when they really want to play they will fork out the money for the game. It's smart and to do anything different would be dumb on their part. Although if they had a 24/7 beta server it would be nice incentive to go ahead and get a pack to start playing. :P

It's brilliant in the sense that it may net them some money for people who choose to act on that urge. On the other end, its also manipulative to an extent, depending on your perspective when you look at it, and for some people, like me, it is a turn off, completely.

Good point about the 24/7 closed beta, if we think about it, that's very likely one of their next steps...

If we follow that logic, I'd bet far fewer invites will be sent for that phase than the first couple "closed" beta events. Hooked people who had taste of it one or a couple times will want more. If they don't sell enough $50 packs, they'll likely introduce slightly cheaper ones with only beta access and no added benefits (I'd bet on a $20-$25 price point).

And then open beta will only be the final few days before release, I bet very short, and serve as a stress-test.

Its all very speculative, but its fun :)

Sywo
07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey Scapes, speaking about the in-game credits, will there be a "credit reset" after the beta progress gets wiped?
I burned mine on cool stuff during CBT1 so i'm just wondering :>
Thanks in advance!

LadyAthena
07-21-2014, 08:48 PM

They've got enough things on their hands to single out all of the players who participated like you did in the beta. Then there's a chance they miss some, then people start complaining and saying they don't care, and others then will back them up, then you got a nightmare flame war going on.

You did your job as a beta tester, and got in, be happy, and proud of yourself, you don't need a cookie and a pat on your back every time you do something you should do.

NightScream
07-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Hey Scapes, speaking about the in-game credits, will there be a "credit reset" after the beta progress gets wiped?
Thanks in advance!

Yes, they stated used credits get refunded after any wipes moving forward to the next beta events or retail release.

OT: Anyone else having issues purchasing founder packs? Wanted to play tonight, but it refuses to take my (valid) payment.

HolyAvengerOne
07-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks in advance!

Firecait answered this :

If you buy things in the store, you will use credits from your alpha/beta pool of credits. Once the game goes to headstart, you'll get all your credits back to use on live.

And :

No, credits do not expire. They will be reset with the wipe before Head Start, however.

And :

These credits are shared between Alpha and Beta (spending some on Alpha will reduce the amount you have available on Beta) and will be refilled when the game goes live - you are not spending these credits permanently while in Alpha!

And :

Your credits will be refilled and your patron time remaining will be full for live. :) Beta time and credits spent do not count against it.

Convinced yet? :p

HolyAvengerOne
07-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Yes, they stated used credits get refunded after any wipes moving forward to the next beta events or retail release.

No, they did not. Unless they did and then said 10 times something else :p See my post above ;)

NightScream
07-21-2014, 10:17 PM
No, they did not. Unless they did and then said 10 times something else :p See my post above ;)

I saw your post, and it says exactly what I just stated. Why did you feel the need to correct me, when was I was saying is essentially the same thing you are saying?

Trodas
07-21-2014, 10:33 PM
I saw your post, and it says exactly what I just stated. Why did you feel the need to correct me, when was I was saying is essentially the same thing you are saying?

It doesn't say the same thing at all. You inferred credits would be returned after any wipe when in fact it's only after the final one before release.

Choops
07-21-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm sure more people will sign up if you gave us an estimated date.

Friar Tuck
07-21-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm sensing another incoming disturbance of The Force. o.O

When all the players from CBT1 arrive on alpha and omega and discover there is no land to be had...

brandybo
07-21-2014, 11:56 PM
They said multiple times that it would be a beta event and not open beta. They posted the start/end times everywhere. It's your own fault for not reading the info they gave you.

And yes, actually, there are plenty of games that do multiple beta events before either a continuous open beta or a release.

Seriously tho ... i have never and will never pay 100us dollars to play and ALPHA totally messed up come on ....... pls do not support this type of manipulation pls do not buy into that crap taking advantage of impatiens or ignorance. I did pay for the 50 dollar version and am sad i cannot play till next beta but i can take it. But screw that i will never pay 100 dollars to play an alpha a jerk move glyph.

Lizz
07-22-2014, 12:28 AM
It doesn't say the same thing at all. You inferred credits would be returned after any wipe when in fact it's only after the final one before release.

Cause there will only be one wipe, and that is after beta ends and headstart, well starts. ;)

Next lifestream:
Community: When does cbt2 start?
Scrapes: Well, that's not yet decided, we have to test *wayne* before. Be sure to follow us on twitter/facebook/newsletter.
Community: What about open beta?
Scrapes *thinkingmode*: We aim for a 2014 release, since open beta comes first ... ♥♥♥♥, i can't say that!
Scrapes: Be sure to follow us on twitter/facebook/newsletter *yaddayadda*.
[...]
Community: Any news about archeumdrops?
Scrapes: We are aware of the problem, and let xlgames know. Keep up the good feedback, we read all of it (... someday).

Boxilot
07-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Seriously tho ... i have never and will never pay 100us dollars to play and ALPHA totally messed up come on ....... pls do not support this type of manipulation pls do not buy into that crap taking advantage of impatiens or ignorance. I did pay for the 50 dollar version and am sad i cannot play till next beta but i can take it. But screw that i will never pay 100 dollars to play an alpha a jerk move glyph.

Glyph? You mean Trion right? And if you don't want to pay for alpha then don't. No one is forcing you. People do with their money what they want, and when they do the math they will see that they will get 120 dollars in credits and patron time back so the price isn't as steep as it first seem.

Personally my husband and I bought each our silver packs yesterday :)

BigMac
07-22-2014, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't pay $100USD to play Alpha either. I did, however, buy the Archeum Founders package (back in May) but that gives me a LOT more than just Alpha access. The cash store credits alone are worth ~ $75USD plus we get some nice starter gear.

dragonmi0
07-22-2014, 01:39 AM
I am just a tiny bit confused that you'd advert your founder packs again, even tough we who already bought the packs, didn't receive any items from it yet. You yourself have announced on multiple livestreams that the items from packs would be accesible in beta and even in alpha a little bit earlier.
As it has been said before: the alpha and beta acces of the packs are just a bonus, your money goes to the in-game items you get.
So why didn't we get our items in first beta event?

Xara
07-22-2014, 02:19 AM
I commend Trion on this marketing strategy, give away loads of 1 shot keys to get people hooked, then charge them to continue their beta (or alpha if they want 24/7) play!

Splendid money making idea, I wonder if Trion are going for the world record income from an unreleased (in the West) game?

dragonmi0
07-22-2014, 02:21 AM
I commend Trion on this marketing strategy, give away loads of 1 shot keys to get people hooked, then charge them to continue their beta (or alpha if they want 24/7) play!

Splendid money making idea, I wonder if Trion are going for the world record income from an unreleased (in the West) game?

They might actually be strting to get close to that... 150$ for the alpha acces, 40-80$ for sure acces to all beta acces...

RedBaron
07-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Dear Trion,

The present archeum materials drop rate is killing the armor and weapon crafting. Any new player will just hate the crafting system and will leave the game. You need to increase the archeum drop rate.

Best regards,

Red

Takius
07-22-2014, 03:13 AM
It would be more appropriate to reveal the closed beta schedule before telling the players to buy the founder packs...

texhnolyze
07-22-2014, 03:30 AM
It would be more appropriate to reveal the closed beta schedule before telling the players to buy the founder packs...

No, it's the other way around. It won't be good for business if they reveal the schedule. They don't even reveal how many CB Events we have to deal with before Open Beta/launch day. That's how they do their business, sell more Archeum while teasing their customers with CBEs.

Trippyme
07-22-2014, 04:16 AM

Thing is if they continue with this bs most people in alpha (the actual paying customers), will be totally burned out and they will have no paying customers left down the line for future market purchases. Beta went very well and I commend Trion with a smooth beta, but cmon Scapes and team let have one more beta and get this game out ASAP This is a MMO, bugs and balance etc get patched we know the drill....then lets get the damn game into release!

Coipu
07-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Why does a digital download cost more for UK customers than US? you want me to upgrade for nearly twenty quid more, that's a lot more than allowing for varying currency rates. That will be why you wont let me pay you in USD I'm guessing.... shady!

X3x
07-22-2014, 07:34 AM
so, i bought the founder pack, and i cant play??? only for 3 days ive played, WTF???

Zya
07-22-2014, 07:59 AM

It is fair. If you're truly concerned about a guaranteed opportunity to "support" the game and continuing to troubleshoot, then purchase a Founder pack. Otherwise wait for Open Beta. There is absolutely no reason for you to be angry with Trion.

Thank you Scapes! Picked up an extra copy for my brother, and we look forward to making ArcheAge beta a family event! The game is incredible, so I'm sure we'll have no trouble roping his wife in during the next CBE as well. muahahaha Thank you for bringing such a great game to our shores.

randomm
07-22-2014, 08:00 AM
My friend if u payed for founder and u wanna play between beta events u should choose Alpha (upper right corner in gliph) and join the rest of founders in Alpha servers. When beta events will be up all u have to do is switch to beta in glyph and... u will play beta.

LtDarkstar
07-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Well I don't think it's fair for an alpha player (myself) who paid $150 weeks ago and can't even get an area to place a 16x16 beginner house anywhere on either alpha server because all of the land is taken up by PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY (Empty scarecrows). Welcome to unfair land I guess. :(

dragonmi0
07-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Well I don't think it's fair for an alpha player (myself) who paid $150 weeks ago and can't even get an area to place a 16x16 beginner house anywhere on either alpha server because all of the land is taken up by PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY (Empty scarecrows). Welcome to unfair land I guess. :(

Agreed, I had to buy my plot for a large farm for 100 gold...
And even though they don't play, they did pay 150$ to get in alpha+beta+ other advantages, so it's only logic that they get in and some people who didn't pay, won't have acces to every single event...

RenegadeSnowPea
07-22-2014, 08:51 AM
It is fair. If you're truly concerned about a guaranteed opportunity to "support" the game and continuing to troubleshoot, then purchase a Founder pack. Otherwise wait for Open Beta. There is absolutely no reason for you to be angry with Trion.

Thank you Scapes! Picked up an extra copy for my brother, and we look forward to making ArcheAge beta a family event! The game is incredible, so I'm sure we'll have no trouble roping his wife in during the next CBE as well. muahahaha Thank you for bringing such a great game to our shores. I can see where he is coming from. I honestly wouldnt mind if someone recieved my beta slots throughout because I would rather dedicated players who are going to report bugs and other issues play in my place. Of course I guess we cant complain much either.

ProtosX
07-22-2014, 09:21 AM
I will upgrade my founder to archeum...if LP issue is fixed/improved ^_~

woowind
07-22-2014, 09:46 AM
i see lot people wanting this and that in the alpha and beta. i really hope you all know that when the game comes out on the market everyone and everything that you have done will be deleted you will have start all over. we are all in there to check for bugs, report them and give feed back on how we enjoyed the game or not.

Fuppy02
07-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Alpha isn't getting wiped. It's going to merge with the test server.

Zankorel
07-22-2014, 10:13 AM

This has never been stated. The only thing they have stated is that they currently do not have plans to wipe alpha.

dragonmi0
07-22-2014, 10:31 AM
This has never been stated. The only thing they have stated is that they currently do not have plans to wipe alpha.

You are wrong on this... It has been stated on numerous occasions on stream that they probably will convert alpha into test server, though as the game is not yet released, nothing is certain and there might be changes up ahead. The way I interprid this, is that alpha will become test server unless there is a sudden change somewhere.

Zankorel
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM
You are wrong on this... It has been stated on numerous occasions on stream that they probably will convert alpha into test server, though as the game is not yet released, nothing is certain and there might be changes up ahead. The way I interprid this, is that alpha will become test server unless there is a sudden change somewhere.

And how am I wrong about this? The person I said "this as never been stated" to was saying that alpha WILL NOT be wiped. And yet you say I am wrong and support that by saying exactly the same thing? You can "interprid" anything you would like. It has never been stated there will not be an alpha wipe. And they have not stated for certain that the alpha server will become the test server.

VincitOmnis
07-22-2014, 11:04 AM
So alpha players get to play as much as they want but those who spent $50 can only play in "events"?

StubenZocker
07-22-2014, 11:09 AM
So alpha players get to play as much as they want but those who spent $50 can only play in "events"?

True - but they get certain advantages like credits (...) when the game goes live.
And they are able to play during all the events, compared to those who got a betakey for last weekend's event.

dragonmi0
07-22-2014, 11:17 AM
And how am I wrong about this? The person I said "this as never been stated" to was saying that alpha WILL NOT be wiped. And yet you say I am wrong and support that by saying exactly the same thing? You can "interprid" anything you would like. It has never been stated there will not be an alpha wipe. And they have not stated for certain that the alpha server will become the test server.

If the server carries over to test server, it will not have a wipe, I tought this was common knowledge, but appareantly you don't know about this. So let me say t again: unless there will be a change and alpha will not become a test server, alpha will not be wiped. Beta will, but there have never been plans for an alpha wipe.

Digm
07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
@Scapes or anyone who knows this, but has it been stated that Credits can be used to purchase Patron status? A hefty chunk of my guild is debating the $50 founder pack, but mostly if those credits an be attributed to their subscription time.

-Regards

VincitOmnis
07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
True - but they get certain advantages like credits (...) when the game goes live.
And they are able to play during all the events, compared to those who got a betakey for last weekend's event.

Oh I know about those benefits, but it just seems odd that they are doing events for the beta but for the alpha is running constantly.

MystiqueAngel
07-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I im feeling REALY frustraded, i bought the silver pack, thinking this would be the begining of the Beta, and was ancous to start doing a lot of things, no rush at all !!

So 5 days after... i ask a GM what happen and he said that it was just a Beta EVENT and no the BETA we are actualy free to play.

Just that we waited for so long to start playng that we whanted to play the game we payed for ! and the guys that got the free key .. ok 5 days just to taste it !!

Thats not the way to treat people that like you say on the page are "founder" that are helping to Suport the project!!!

The thing is ... There is no Gam that Goes from Alpha to "beta event" that goes back to alpha.... The game is ... Alpha an that Beta!! Open events of 5 days for outsider is ok !! but dont take the game out of clients that actually payed for it!

ACTUALLY Many games do the Alpha's and have CLOSED BETA EVENTS.. AND CLOSED BETAS THAT LAST A FEW DAYS. I have been in MANY CLOSED BETA EVENTS. Including ones that we had to purchase a "founder" pack for. I have had Keys and Founder packs through lots of diff. games and YEAH they do have Events JUST like the one we had in AA. and the NEXT one we have you can play again... Its not the end of the world. Just keep waiting for the next even.... it usually goes Alpha - CBE or CB (OR both) and then Open Beta then a Launch SOME skip the "open" beta and just go straight to a launch from a CBE/CB. and ALSO it said MANY MANY MANY TIMES THIS WAS AN EVENT AND IT WOULD START ON THE 17TH AND END THE 21ST. Sorry honey but if YOU did not read the thread/all the posts/ news things saying that you have no one to blame about that but yourself. IF you want 24/7 access then you should have gotten the nice big Archeum pack. IF not then you wait for the betas.

MystiqueAngel
07-22-2014, 11:30 AM
@Scapes or anyone who knows this, but has it been stated that Credits can be used to purchase Patron status? A hefty chunk of my guild is debating the $50 founder pack, but mostly if those credits an be attributed to their subscription time.

-Regards

They will have an APEX system WHICH IS IDENTICAL TO RIFTS REX ... which you can buy your 30 day subs via REX so yes you'll get that (its been stated in a post already about the APEX)

Digm
07-22-2014, 11:34 AM
They will have an APEX system WHICH IS IDENTICAL TO RIFTS REX ... which you can buy your 30 day subs via REX so yes you'll get that (its been stated in a post already about the APEX)

Thanks for the information!

Zankorel
07-22-2014, 11:52 AM
If the server carries over to test server, it will not have a wipe, I tought this was common knowledge, but appareantly you don't know about this. So let me say t again: unless there will be a change and alpha will not become a test server, alpha will not be wiped. Beta will, but there have never been plans for an alpha wipe.

Again..... "IF"

All I stated is that they have never confirmed that this in fact is what is going to happen. They have at every chance used verbiage like "at this time there are no plans". Which means they haven't decided what they are doing with alpha. So let me say it again. Trion has not confirmed that alpha will in fact be turned into a test server, nor have they confirmed that there will be no wipe of alpha leading up to or at release.

Zya
07-22-2014, 11:53 AM
For those throwing stones about f2p being screwed out of their entire livelihood, if you haven't read up on the Patron and APEX systems, please do so.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/archeage-patron-program-apex/

Particularly important is the below quoted text...

To ensure that all players have the option to potentially become a Patron, there are two ways to obtain this status. Players can purchase Patron Status as a subscription via real money on the Trion Worlds web store; expect pricing in line with RIFT’s current Patron Program. Alternately, players can use credits to purchase a Patron Pass through the ArcheAge Marketplace – these credits can be acquired by web store purchase, Founder’s Packs, or by obtaining an in-game item called APEX.

APEX, short for ArcheAge Patron Exchange, is an in-game item that can be sold on ArcheAge’s Auction House or traded between players; it grants Credits when consumed by a character. The Credits granted by an APEX can then be spent on any Marketplace purchase, including the 30-day Patron Pass mentioned above. This allows industrious players in ArcheAge to let their gameplay pay for their Patron status without spending real money.

As for Alpha, I was under the impression that IF they didn't break anything, the server would be smoothly transitioned into the Test Sever. If it proved to be too much trouble to do that for whatever reason, then Alpha would be scraped for a fresh test server. Best case scenario, Alpha stays as it is with no wipes and becomes the test server. Worst case, the entire thing is obliterated and replaced with a fresh test server. Don' get too attached to your Alpha toon. :P

Musou
07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
I got my pack months ago. anyone that likes a good MMO has been missing out big time. hopefully you guys release really soon though, i'm tired of wasting my time on the alpha. wanna get on the real grind my play time is an hour or so a day until release, allready capped what i wanted have a house and farms. Games perfect, lets get rolling with your sub fees and release! Epic adventure, great job translating thus far, keep it up trion lets aim for AUG Ok?!?! Haha

Zankorel
07-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Games perfect, lets get rolling with your sub fees and release! Epic adventure, great job translating thus far, keep it up trion lets aim for AUG Ok?!?! Haha

Clearly you need to share the drugs you are on.

The game is not perfect. I agree. They could release it as soon as they have the infrastructure issues sorted out. However there is still a lot of translation that needs to be done. And they still need to tweak a lot of the things from 1.2 that are game breaking for a server with no maturation.

Ketec
07-22-2014, 01:34 PM
let me guess - u will set up all the giveaways for US times again, right?

Stoney909
07-22-2014, 04:15 PM

How the hell do you help out if your not in beta reporting and playing.. You cheap people buy a founders pack!!! They dam near give it to you for free with all the stuff in it.. How many other games have you paid $60 for and don't even play any more???? Well this game is going to be worth 10 of them in enjoyment and time you get out of it... So if you want to make sure you are in and playing spend some of your money or beg your mommy or daddy or mow a few lawns. And buy the dam game!!!!

Tahsou
07-22-2014, 04:54 PM

I agree on this, specialy this ;
*The thing is ... There is no Gam that Goes from Alpha to "beta event" that goes back to alpha.... The game is ... Alpha an that Beta!! *

Best Regards from Alpha Pack player-

Fuppy02
07-22-2014, 04:57 PM
The alpha is being used as a testing server at the moment, Lilker and Tahsou. They're like...Tests of the beta tests (??)

Scapes
07-22-2014, 05:01 PM

-Regards

Yes, Credits can be used to purchase Patron status.

Scapes
07-22-2014, 05:02 PM

We have not stated this. Alpha is prone to being wiped at any moment.

Fuppy02
07-22-2014, 05:05 PM
My mistake then. I could of sworn I read it posted, but it was most likely just one of the many rumors about the game the community likes to make

ctmatlock
07-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Scapes I went ahead and got archeum pack, thanks man!

Scapes
07-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Scapes I went ahead and got archeum pack, thanks man!

Enjoy the Alpha!

Drakord
07-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Well another Beta 1 tester that just became an Archeum Founder too :)
I was really impressed in the Beta event and finally decided to buy the pack,all the goodies are worth the money alone...plus i get to play & test :)

I´m rolling on Omega! Any Spanish Guilds there? Where can i find the Alpha forums??

Cya all in game :)

texhnolyze
07-22-2014, 09:03 PM
No alpha wipe for launch day? Biggest joke ever.

Alakuu
07-22-2014, 09:15 PM
We have not stated this. Alpha is prone to being wiped at any moment.

Scapes, can we have a bit of a clarification?
As in alpha can be wiped anytime, there isn't any protection from this?
Or as in, Alpha will see a wipe, just don't have a stated time?

Tahsou
07-23-2014, 12:07 AM
The alpha is being used as a testing server at the moment, Lilker and Tahsou. They're like...Tests of the beta tests (??)

Sorry Fuppy , But I am not new to the consept of playing games, I have played mmo`s for 12 years now, I have been alpha and beta testing games for years so I know what lays in a consept alpha and beta test. I think what is happening here is more of a business strategy than anything else, and I am not against that or else it would not be any packs to buy in the first place.
My concern is more that the business strategy affect the testing more than the actual testing itself. There is no reson for takeing a server down unless its updates or major server issues unless its business strategy.
I am not against it because its a brilliant consept of business but what concerns me is the miss information in all of this, its lacking information to the beta packers out there, when can they play again and when are the beta servers going to stay open 24/7. When u buy something u actually are intiteled to clear answeres at least in europe u are.
I have the Alpha pack myself so in basic it is not a concern for me since I can play on alpha whenever it fits me, but I do feel for the beta buyers.

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Enjoy the Alpha!

ok kinda confused now... so alpha is still ON? and for me to be able to play on alpha server i need to upgrade to archeum pack?

wtf! so founder and gold packs are not only marketing strategy but also the 1st step to a higher marketing strategy! nice one! sht...

with all do respect please kindly provide some light to this dark times...

1st: When will the next CBT event?

2nd: If i upgrade into Archeum, i will be able to play on Alpha server and spend my credits there, will i still have the same credits on CBT servers? example i have 11.5k+ crystals then i spend all of them in alpha server, then if u guys did another CBT test and i go back to EU CBT server then i will still have 11.5K crystals or 0?

3rd: Archeum pack only have 3 months Patron, do u plan on NOT releasing the game within 3 months?

4th: Will there be a wipe out in Alpha server when OBT/Release starts?

5th: Will i get my credits and patron back on OBT/Release?

The most important question will be, are the devs doing something about the LP issue? Submarine etc?

Your answers will help me decide to buy Archeum or leave my $49 and move on to another game. Please help me decide. Thanks in advance.

StubenZocker
07-23-2014, 12:28 AM

This should be have been answered here:

Your credits will be refilled and your patron time remaining will be full for live. :) Beta time and credits spent do not count against it.

--> so as far as I get it: Yes, you will have those 11.5+ crystals/credits on launch even if you spend them during beta/alpha

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 12:46 AM
This should be have been answered here:

--> so as far as I get it: Yes, you will have those 11.5+ crystals/credits on launch even if you spend them during beta/alpha

thanks for the input. now 4 more questions to go. i have 24hours to decide before our 9-10 days vacation starts, whether i will play AA alpha or spend my vacation in Dubai.

Kaldal
07-23-2014, 03:02 AM
@ProtosX

Alot of those questions you ask is impossible to get a straight answer out of, they will announce when the next CBT is, when they are ready.
As for the rest it is mere logic,

At each CBT you will have full set of whatever you got in your pack, and I also believe that You will have credits separate from Alpha and Beta.

And I do not think that they will announce/spoil the release date.

Yours
Kaldal

TheFell
07-23-2014, 03:12 AM
ok kinda confused now... so alpha is still ON? and for me to be able to play on alpha server i need to upgrade to archeum pack?

wtf! so founder and gold packs are not only marketing strategy but also the 1st step to a higher marketing strategy! nice one! sht...

with all do respect please kindly provide some light to this dark times...

1st: When will the next CBT event?

2nd: If i upgrade into Archeum, i will be able to play on Alpha server and spend my credits there, will i still have the same credits on CBT servers? example i have 11.5k+ crystals then i spend all of them in alpha server, then if u guys did another CBT test and i go back to EU CBT server then i will still have 11.5K crystals or 0?

3rd: Archeum pack only have 3 months Patron, do u plan on NOT releasing the game within 3 months?

4th: Will there be a wipe out in Alpha server when OBT/Release starts?

The most important question will be, are the devs doing something about the LP issue? Submarine etc?

Your answers will help me decide to buy Archeum or leave my $49 and move on to another game. Please help me decide. Thanks in advance.

1. when they are ready/have done some changes based on cbt1 feedback.
2. forum posts by devs(search function) explains that credits are shared between Alpha and Beta
3. Release date: 2014.
4. not been confirmed but alpha won't be up at launch (will only be up limited time for testing new content)
5. yes you will get everything back at head-start (see FAQ)

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 05:15 AM
1. when they are ready/have done some changes based on cbt1 feedback.
2. forum posts by devs(search function) explains that credits are shared between Alpha and Beta
3. Release date: 2014.
4. not been confirmed but alpha won't be up at launch (will only be up limited time for testing new content)
5. yes you will get everything back at head-start (see FAQ)

nice thanks for the input. gtg dubai then hehe cyah on next cbt ^_^

Zankorel
07-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Scapes, can we have a bit of a clarification?
As in alpha can be wiped anytime, there isn't any protection from this?
Or as in, Alpha will see a wipe, just don't have a stated time?

Why is it so hard to comprehend that they are not going to state one way or the other and pigeon hole themselves? There is no reason for them to do that. Alpha is not scheduled nor currently planned to be wiped. They "MAY" keep it for a testing server. They "MAY" make a way for you to import your live character into a testing environment. They could go many different ways. A testing and alpha server are not their priority. The primary focus is getting the game balanced and ready for release. People who are basing the decision on whether or not to buy an archeum pack on whether or not that will be wiped are being ridiculous. You get more than your fair value in game time and in game items from the purchase. Not to mention the experience you have playing gives a huge leg up at release. Any way you slice it you won't be playing the Alpha server at launch. Nor should you want to.

As for your clarification. Yes Scapes is saying that Alpha can be wiped at any time. Tomorrow they could decide that they need to wipe it for a new build to see it fresh. Or they could decide that Alpha is no longer a viable testing bed and turn it off using only Beta until release. He is not saying that it WILL be wiped.

Pinpolho
07-23-2014, 05:52 AM
I'm dissatisfied,we buy the pack of founder, for the alpha, in the hope of soon start the real server. opened the event server beta, closed back to alpha and as I understand it, the alpha is already counting the time of Patron ? OR is he can stop before opening the server game ?backpack on talks about the items of founder as a cover and glider and etc. ? When will they make it? In short you should be more transparent in news:mad::eek::D;)

StubenZocker
07-23-2014, 05:59 AM
and as I understand it, the alpha is already counting the time of Patron ? OR is he can stop before opening the server game ?

And some text to get 10 characters...

X3x
07-23-2014, 06:17 AM
when they will launch the game?? cause i bought a founder pack to play for only 3 days, WTF!?!?!?!?, when can we play again???

Zankorel
07-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Archeum founders pack gives alpha and beta access. The other packs give just beta access. They all have additional perks including game time and in game items. If you SOLEY bought a founders pack to play now you should have bought the archeum for alpha access.

ALL Credits and Time spent in alpha and beta will be reset upon release of head start.

In short. The game will launch when they have what they consider a release build and announce a date. Whining about not being given information they don't have, or being given information and not being able to comprehend it isn't going to make anything better. As the saying goes.... They can explain it to you. But they cannot understand it for you.

StubenZocker
07-23-2014, 06:34 AM
when they will launch the game?? cause i bought a founder pack to play for only 3 days, WTF!?!?!?!?, when can we play again???

You sure know how to use the question mark key on your keyboard :)

It is not know when they will release the game. And you didn't buy the founder's pack to play for only 3 days, but to play last weekend's beta-event, and all of the following beta-events (dates & number of events not specified so far...), and to get certain advantages (as described on the shop page...)

Quote from the shop-page:

Access to all Beta Tests and Events
--> that doesn't mean 24/7 access. To be able to play 24/7, you would need to upgrade to archeum

Edit: 1 minute too late :)

kahntrol
07-23-2014, 07:22 AM

I would tune into the next AA livestream, happens thursday 3pm pacific mabye we will get some news to when the next cbt is.
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Drenicite
07-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Why does a digital download cost more for UK customers than US? you want me to upgrade for nearly twenty quid more, that's a lot more than allowing for varying currency rates. That will be why you wont let me pay you in USD I'm guessing.... shady!

This is a major problem for me as well. The exchange rate being used is not reflective of the current rate and it's really screwing over people who have to pay in GBP to the tune of nearly 50%.

Please can this be addressed to be more fair as I would gladly pay $100 if I could compared to the £75 for the silver upgrade.

woowind
07-23-2014, 11:57 AM
didnt say it was gonna get wiped now said when the game comes out for everyone to play everything will be restarted

woowind
07-23-2014, 12:14 PM
just for anyone else that dont get what i am saying. when the game is released. everyone will have to start over. everyone who has bought the packs they will have a 4 day head start.

HempLord
07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
I have a couple of questions:
1. Does game progress get wiped between closed beta events?
2. Does game progress get wiped between closed beta and open beta?
I know it gets wiped before the release, though.

StubenZocker
07-24-2014, 12:15 AM
I have a couple of questions:
1. Does game progress get wiped between closed beta events?
2. Does game progress get wiped between closed beta and open beta?
I know it gets wiped before the release, though.

I guess they can always change their mind, but:

As for 1.:
@ArcheAge was answering some questions yesterday via Twitter. One of them was:

Our characters created in CBE1 will continue in CBE2?

with following answer:

Yes! Your CBE1 progress will carry over to CBE2.
So I'd guess this will be true for all closed beta events :)

As for 2.:

Open Beta is not Head Start. These are separate events. There will not be a wipe between Closed and Open Beta.

Darknixon
07-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

Just took the plunge and upgraded from silver to arch pack, had to re download the whole thing on my 1.5mbs connection for some reason even after beta install.. pass.. after 5 hours of d/l pressed play.. into character selection screen start fiddling about making a toon was just about done and then goes offline for update lol, sods law! my timing is always been bad but this takes the whole packet of biscuits ;D, longest 4 hours of my life, can't wait. any suggestions as to what server to join .. alpha/omega any info would be great, pings for uk players,available space and so on cheers.

StubenZocker
07-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Scapes explained here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?16671-How-to-Copy-Your-Alpha-Client-to-Your-Beta-Directory) how to copy your alpha client to a beta directory, so that you don't have to redownload the whole package, so I assume, it would also have been possible to do it the other way :D Btw: I also redownloaded it ;) :D

Other people might be able to contribute more than me, since I'm only lvl20 as of now, but I started on Alpha, but was disappointed to not find any space for my scarecrow... and since the crafting and trading addiction got me into buying alpha-access, I gave Omega a try, and was lucky enough to find a spot in Falcorth Plains :) But the space IS limited... not sure if I'd be as lucky again :/

amokk
07-24-2014, 09:40 AM
For how long are the servers normally down for an update?

hero0078
07-24-2014, 10:34 AM
It would be a great Idea to let us test the glass glider and armor so we could test builds and push the games limits by flying to places that no one has gone to and find bugs and possible game glitches that could be exploited come game release.

Aelious
07-24-2014, 11:18 PM
I will gladly pony up 100.00 once beta is persistent. AA is a really fun MMO with so much freedom and I would love to play now but will have patience. I plan to play for quite a while.

Lurtzelio
07-29-2014, 05:36 AM
Hi all, is there any post or some calendar with the beta events schedule? Or do we just must be patient since one beta closes till another comes?

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:50 PM
To those who bought Founder, is it worth it?

Mahira
08-04-2014, 07:58 AM
So far No, I bought the silver pack yesterday and I have yet to be able to see any perks. In Beta it still says I am a free to play account. So for me as of yet I would have to say no.

xmysteriox
08-04-2014, 10:06 AM
So far No, I bought the silver pack yesterday and I have yet to be able to see any perks. In Beta it still says I am a free to play account. So for me as of yet I would have to say no.

False, you get instant patron status in beta.

You also get your cash shop points which you can spend and will be refunded after wipe...

Maybe contact support if your patron status wasn't granted.

Worth it IMHO love the game and just can't wait for the release.

Mahira
08-04-2014, 11:15 AM
There was no instant patron status in beta. Secondly I would have contacted customer support if I could but every time I tried to it would come up with error 405 which was an apachee error and no different browser worked. Don't get me wrong I love the game and would love to play more but as of the end of beta I was still unable to place my farm.....it said not for use for free to play.

g4bri3lknight
08-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Every player has the rights to play...The keys are random assigned..If you want to play every CB then buy a pack...there's people wich works all day and like play MMO in the evening...These people has yours same rights to play with this game..

Take easy..it's just a game.

Biff Skippy
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM
There was no instant patron status in beta. Secondly I would have contacted customer support if I could but every time I tried to it would come up with error 405 which was an apachee error and no different browser worked. Don't get me wrong I love the game and would love to play more but as of the end of beta I was still unable to place my farm.....it said not for use for free to play.

The comment about tech support is a bit troubling. I had gotten a key, and started at the start of second beta. I decided I liked it, so got the silver pack, and was immediately granted founder status. Please update this with the reply from tech support.

Appendix
08-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Been loving it and shame that Beta weekend ended. Didn't rush things and adventured with relaxed pace as always do and espesially do in very beautiful ArcheAge. Was happy to support Trion Worlds when bought Founder's Pack and it's so great how nice animations and audio world and landscapes are in Archeage :)

Kilacys
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
So I spent 50 bucks on Arche Age about 3-4 days ago. Are you telling me I spent 50 bucks just to play for 3-4 days? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

SpiffyButtons
08-04-2014, 01:52 PM
I know right? I hope it comes back soon!

Shiverwind
08-04-2014, 01:57 PM
I just bought this game today, it was advertised on my facebook, I see I can not play beta because it works in short stints apparently. How do we get into alpha. I am hoping I did not spend 50 dollars to view forums?

liftarn
08-04-2014, 02:13 PM
if you bought the 50$ pack you will have access to the beta EVENTS, not the alpha servers. You will also get some other stuff, check the shop (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/) for more info on what you get.

Scarecrow316
08-04-2014, 02:16 PM
So, who the hell do i talk to bout getting my money back. I just spent $50 to buy a founder pack and now i dont get to play and am not even guaranteed to get a beta key with the next event. Not everyone can afford $150 for a supposedly *free* game. I am not rich or even well off so $50 was a massive stretch. I want my money back and whoever decides to have a game cost this much for a chance at entry into it should be ashamed of themselves as they are stealing from people. The game hasnt even been released and how much has it ripped people off of? I want my money back, and i want it now!!!

Scarecrow316
08-04-2014, 02:17 PM
yeah i did the same thing. It seems that we just spent $50 to view forums! As when these beta events do go live, not everyone is 100% shot in getting an invite. I want my money back

Scarecrow316
08-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Alpha servers...pfft! if the game can have beta weekends, then the game is ready for beta, not ripping people off so only the wealthy can afford to play. I had better get my money back

Sansanvi
08-04-2014, 02:23 PM
yeah i did the same thing. It seems that we just spent $50 to view forums! As when these beta events do go live, not everyone is 100% shot in getting an invite. I want my money back

Calm down, I had the same problem... but not everything you're stating is true. You paid $50,- to get instant acces to ALL BETA events. So you ARE in fact guaranteed a spot at all the future BETA events. If you would have read closely, which I didn't either, because I was way too hyped to play this game, you would have read that to play right now (while there is no BETA event) you need to have acces to the Alpha servers. And in order to get that acces, you need the $150,- founder pack, not the $50,- we both bought.
So yes, it sucks, yes, we both paid a lot of money to only play this game for 5 days every once in a while until the open beta, but we ARE guaranteed BETA access at every event, and even though we didn't read closely enough, they did not con us. They did not steal our money.

Hope this helps

Scarecrow316
08-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Calm down, I had the same problem... but not everything you're stating is true. You paid $50,- to get instant acces to ALL BETA events. So you ARE in fact guaranteed a spot at all the future BETA events. If you would have read closely, which I didn't either, because I was way too hyped to play this game, you would have read that to play right now (while there is no BETA event) you need to have acces to the Alpha servers. And in order to get that acces, you need the $150,- founder pack, not the $50,- we both bought.
So yes, it sucks, yes, we both paid a lot of money to only play this game for 5 days every once in a while until the open beta, but we ARE guaranteed BETA access at every event, and even though we didn't read closely enough, they did not con us. They did not steal our money.

Hope this helps

I still want my money back. who in their right mind is gonna spend$150 on a game in alpha! I spent $50 to play not read the forums and wait for my chance to play for 5 days. If i have to i will go to higher authorities about retrieving my money cause this is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Katarinae
08-04-2014, 02:38 PM
I still want my money back. who in their right mind is gonna spend$150 on a game in alpha! I spent $50 to play not read the forums and wait for my chance to play for 5 days. If i have to i will go to higher authorities about retrieving my money cause this is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

You should l2read before buying things. It's not Trions fault you don't know how.

BakaSensei
08-04-2014, 02:39 PM

Hot damn the QQ is strong in you.

Scarecrow316
08-04-2014, 02:41 PM
You should l2read before buying things. It's not Trions fault you don't know how.

there was nothing anywhere on steam about 5 day beta events, its just said to enter the beta, but this pack. I asked around to a number of my friends that are playing this game and they all said the same thing, the beta was up! So who do i have to alk to about getting my money back for this PoS game

BakaSensei
08-04-2014, 02:42 PM
there was nothing anywhere on steam about 5 day beta events, its just said to enter the beta, but this pack. I asked around to a number of my friends that are playing this game and they all said the same thing, the beta was up! So who do i have to alk to about getting my money back for this PoS game

You should ask your friends to give you your money back because you all seem to be illiterate and misinformed.

NiburuSUN
08-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Well, i became a founder 1 day into beta and woke up to a temp ban the next morning. Same to several other people with the archeum pack. that made me miss the whole CBT2 because the trion support just respons 1 per day if you are lucky

Shiverwind
08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
You should ask your friends to give you your money back because you all seem to be illiterate and misinformed.
I did read, it said until 12 pm today. was 10 am but they delayed it. But I guess it is easier to troll the question instead of answer it by declaring us illiterate and misinformed no? Anyhow, I look forward to the next event.

Katarinae
08-04-2014, 05:04 PM

QQing on here is not going to get your money back. Trolling will not get your money back. ♥♥♥♥♥ing and complaining about your stupidity will not get your money back. Do you know what will? Talking to Trion.

Avondale
08-04-2014, 08:04 PM
So, who the hell do i talk to bout getting my money back. I just spent $50 to buy a founder pack and now i dont get to play and am not even guaranteed to get a beta key with the next event. Not everyone can afford $150 for a supposedly *free* game. I am not rich or even well off so $50 was a massive stretch. I want my money back and whoever decides to have a game cost this much for a chance at entry into it should be ashamed of themselves as they are stealing from people. The game hasnt even been released and how much has it ripped people off of? I want my money back, and i want it now!!!

dude learn to read. you ARE guaranteed to get into the betas. and no where does it say you will get access to the alpha servers for the $50 pack. yes the game is free if you do not want to spend money. you pay to play the betas/alphas depending on the pack you get and also for the in-game items. this will hopefully be a lesson to actually read what ur spending ur money on. quit crying and message trion.

BiksuTong
08-04-2014, 09:00 PM
4 day headstart seems useless for slow internet. I regret bought the archeum pack. it takes 1 week+ to download the client for my country ISP that cost $75/month !!

Aender
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
4 day headstart seems useless for slow internet. I regret bought the archeum pack. it takes 1 week+ to download the client for my country ISP that cost $75/month !!

I bought the silver pack cause you know money responsibilities and stuff, cant even think about affording the others lol Converting South African Rand to Dollars is $$$$
Anyways started the download on Sunday morning, it completely finished installing on Monday at around 13h00 (was dying of anticipation the whole time lol, took so long lol).
AT LEAST you can transfer the installed directory to a different PC, i download it and the updates from work then just play it at home, otherwise the cost for bandwidth would have killed me years ago, to have downloaded this game from home would have been +- $181.11 cost for internet cap -.-

So i get home, create my sexy toon, log onto the world, stare at the perty graphics slack jawed and awed, kill a baddy and poof Beta was over lol I have the best timing and luck ever haha

Looking forward to the next Beta.
Cya'll there.

OdysseusSixx
08-04-2014, 10:37 PM

If you're that valuable a beta tester, they'll take notice and hand you keys. They do document who participates so they can get proper data, I'm sure. They're not incompetent. Wait it out bud.

Sixtycastle
08-05-2014, 02:32 AM

Dude all you have to do is call you CC and dispute the charges, most companies, if reputable will side with their customers.

Mundos
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey guys!

I can't reach the page for buying packs, it just loads and never pop up!
Thanks for the help.

Redge
08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Hey guys!

I can't reach the page for buying packs, it just loads and never pop up!
Thanks for the help.

have u try the links from glyph client ?

Bromo
08-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Just so people are aware:

If you've purchased a Founder's Pack and downloaded the beta and can't figure out why you're not able to play right now please read this.

Try opening up the glyph launcher and switching your zone from whatever it is to "Alpha". For Americans/Canadians or anyone playing on NA servers, this means from North America (Beta) to "Alpha". You can find the drop down box in the upper right hand corner of the launcher. Be advised it WILL require you to download the alpha version of the game, which is another 22.xx gigs of space. Although I feel like if you have $150 dollars to spend on a game that isn't even done being developed having "fast" internet shouldn't be an issue lol.

Hope this helps anyone who has been facing some frustrations :)

The Gray
08-06-2014, 11:28 AM
I find it both annoying and offensive that you don't at least give a beta key to the players who have been logged into the game for 15 hours + or who are over a certain level,I for example played the game day and night and even posted bug threads and participated in dungeons and pvp,got to lvl 33 and I am not certain that I will receive a CBT 2 key...

First off i just have to say just because you put so many hours into the game does not mean you should deserve something more than someone else who probably has as well. Even if you mean for everyone to get extra beta keys they still dont want to over flood their servers on closed testing. Why fill up the servers in just a day having everyone lagging and constantly crashing not able to even test the more important finer details of the game. Its also good that they give keys to played whom may have a bad computer and cannot play it as easily, so that they know their lower end specs for the game still work, and more people are able to play it rather only people with high spec computers.

Tom Trustworthy
08-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Didn't read all these pages but i was wondering, I am a founder so I could get a house one day. Couldn't I just 'family' a friend of mine that is playing for free to help them gain the bonuses of being a subscriber?

Shiverwind
08-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Just so people are aware:

If you've purchased a Founder's Pack and downloaded the beta and can't figure out why you're not able to play right now please read this.

Try opening up the glyph launcher and switching your zone from whatever it is to "Alpha". For Americans/Canadians or anyone playing on NA servers, this means from North America (Beta) to "Alpha". You can find the drop down box in the upper right hand corner of the launcher. Be advised it WILL require you to download the alpha version of the game, which is another 22.xx gigs of space. Although I feel like if you have $150 dollars to spend on a game that isn't even done being developed having "fast" internet shouldn't be an issue lol.

Hope this helps anyone who has been facing some frustrations :)

there is no alpha option in said drop down box. just na beta and eur beta

Voom
08-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Didn't read all these pages but i was wondering, I am a founder so I could get a house one day. Couldn't I just 'family' a friend of mine that is playing for free to help them gain the bonuses of being a subscriber?

Yes, you can.