PDA

View Full Version : Rum Runner Rapids Event Coming Soon

Scapes
05-22-2015, 11:50 AM
http://admin.trionworlds.triongames.priv/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/05/RumRunner_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/05/22/rum-runner-rapids-event-coming-soon)

Summer is almost here, along with one of Haranya’s most raucous celebrations: the annual Rum Runner Rapids event! Join the natives of Rookborne Basin and Windscour Savannah as they reenact the daring deeds of an infamous band of booze smugglers. Whitewater rapids, liberal libations, and barrel-bouncing fun all await you in this summertime festival coming soon for a limited time.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/05/22/rum-runner-rapids-event-coming-soon)

Healerr
05-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Omg WTB Carrot Wings donkey

Drakias
05-22-2015, 12:03 PM
This just in....Carrot wings donkey has been removed from the event and put in the cash shop only.

JerryBoyle
05-22-2015, 12:14 PM
That donkey... it's like carrot dash and a unicorn had a baby.

Sizmo
05-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Does it actually fly? or are the wings purely cosmetic?

jamesnguyen
05-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Lol funny donky

neoVictrix
05-22-2015, 12:25 PM
I have a question on the event.

Will there actually be rum at the event grounds?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/paintedxlie/potcsurvivor/potcs7.jpg

Moly
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure that donkey will truly fly even with his skill : Powerful Wingbeats (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/skill/27665)

Delaque
05-22-2015, 12:35 PM
So An Event thats set in Haranya i see this being a very 1 sided event no pirates gonna be able to compete and also Nuians gonna be at a huge disadvantage

magal
05-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Awesome.. 30% of the game cant attend still.........

thundercles
05-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Can't wait to see how it gets exploited. Get those teleport hacks ready! <- joking

jeffbenefiel
05-22-2015, 01:11 PM
This actually looks fun. I've already shot the rapids, they are dangerous indeed but a fun quick way to get from Rook to Windscour.

The Hero of Tahyang
05-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Yes white water rapids, i am happy

noddy2
05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
This actually looks fun. I've already shot the rapids, they are dangerous indeed but a fun quick way to get from Rook to Windscour.

Not sure the physics on a barrel but you can really pick up some speed swimming them. Fastest way to get to Windscour from Silent!

noddy2
05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
This just in....Carrot wings donkey has been removed from the event and put in the cash shop only.

There is a box for it also so unlikely.

EvilestMarlin4
05-22-2015, 01:21 PM
When exactly will this be released? Is the date undecided or is it gonna be withheld for now? :confused:

algon
05-22-2015, 01:22 PM
mounts with wings work like gliders

Scapes
05-22-2015, 01:37 PM

Carrot Wings does have a (very) short aerial hover on a brief cooldown. I wouldn't call it flying per se.

Scapes
05-22-2015, 01:38 PM
That donkey... it's like carrot dash and a unicorn had a baby.

I thought the same until I saw it not fly.

DahakUK
05-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Are these zones going to be in that mythical "peace" setting while this event is active?

Yoru
05-22-2015, 01:50 PM
What about the running and swimming speed of the donkey? Is it equivalent to Carrot Dash?

jetblack
05-22-2015, 02:06 PM
What about Pirates T_T

OhVanity
05-22-2015, 02:17 PM
omg this is worth p2w'ing for

Trinityrising
05-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Please address and confirm the peace situation, in the live stream it talks about the area being in peace for the festival. Does this mean people in those areas can run trade packs like crazy out of those zones with no issues for the entire month? Also, will the portals from Sanddeep that get to this even cost the West hereafter stones or are we getting free ports from the west?

Chiyome
05-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah good luck getting it done with purpling faction members and reds alike preventing you from finishing or even DOING the run!

Beelzebubbles
05-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Will there actually be rum at the event grounds?

There will be booze aplenty! This event celebrates an infamous band of prohibition-style rum smugglers that became folk heroes during the harani/firran war. You can buy multiple types of alcohol with your River Festival Coins, each of which grant effects like increased damage, increased dodge, or even increased healing. It's potent stuff, though, so it also comes with a hangover that decreases Focus!

Luckily, you can ALSO spend your Festival Coins on a miracle "hangover cure" which negates the debuff and restores a small amount of labor. Handy, no?

Hope that helps!

Voltaren
05-22-2015, 03:40 PM
THE ENTIRE AREA IS AT PEACE....so all you cry babies just quit yer ♥♥♥♥♥in...no one can attack ANYONE...ever at all...at least thats what the dev's say. can port dirrectly to rookborne from the world gate in sandeep for 3 hereafters...its ok u can do it....

Eshva
05-22-2015, 03:46 PM
As confirmed on the live stream Festival time = Peace time. This means the east gets pretty much a month (25days as seen in the video) of free packs to trade from hostile zones. This means intra-trading on east factions will have a huge bonus for a month! As a westy this is BS and really irritates me, more so because my guild does a lot of pack thief in Rookbourne. Even if Hellswamp and and Sandeep where to go for a month of peace, Halcy still interferes with the intra trading that could happen. So I want to know if the West is getting a version of this event as well?

Beelzebubbles
05-22-2015, 03:49 PM
can port dirrectly to rookborne from the world gate in sandeep for 3 hereafters...its ok u can do it....

Actually, it's even better than that! The red portal between Sanddeep/Rookborne is completely free =)

Benedetta
05-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Getting out my copy of the Beer Barrel Polka!
OMG - Carrot Dash Winged! Gotta get me one of those!
Nothing better than sun, water, rum and rapids!

Richinja
05-22-2015, 03:59 PM
What about the people who paid for Carrot Dash and the Mirage Donkey? It kinda makes these mounts useless because everybody is going to what Carrot Wings now.

youtube Jasonwivart
05-22-2015, 04:17 PM
As confirmed on the live stream Festival time = Peace time. This means the east gets pretty much a month (25days as seen in the video) of free packs to trade from hostile zones. This means intra-trading on east factions will have a huge bonus for a month! As a westy this is BS and really irritates me, more so because my guild does a lot of pack thief in Rookbourne. Even if Hellswamp and and Sandeep where to go for a month of peace, Halcy still interferes with the intra trading that could happen. So I want to know if the West is getting a version of this event as well?

This event is terrain based event. You need this said river to do the event so the west cannot have this event as they do not have this river. West has always got screwed over you should be use to it by now.

youtube Jasonwivart
05-22-2015, 04:18 PM
What about the people who paid for Carrot Dash and the Mirage Donkey? It kinda makes these mounts useless because everybody is going to what Carrot Wings now.

It actually will be pretty hard to get that carrot wing if the event runs 25 days that means you have to run the event at least 23 times out of 25 days to get the donkey.

Eshva
05-22-2015, 04:27 PM
This event is terrain based event. You need this said river to do the event so the west cannot have this event as they do not have this river. West has always got screwed over you should be use to it by now.

I wasn't asking about the exact same event. More of a general Event where hostile zones get Festival time too.

Fiain
05-22-2015, 04:33 PM
I think they have to leave it at festival the entire time... Else how will those of us who work be able to finish it? Though if they could make it just around the river instead of the entire way, it might be cool.

nechoarias
05-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Video about the new donkey mount: minute 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4jald31pME

McDonuts
05-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Even if Hellswamp and and Sandeep where to go for a month of peace, Halcy still interferes with the intra trading that could happen.

Stop crab walking the packs then.

Seriously though, I'm sure the denizens of Windscour would gladly trade 25 days of 24 hour pack moving, for UNLIMITED days of 17 hour pack moving.

Sepolash
05-22-2015, 05:55 PM
When is it scheduled for? Or, at least, when are the dates for it set to be announced?
Edit: Found out it starts Tuesday*
*assuming the update is on schedule.

SandPirate
05-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Honestly waiting to be disappointing with it being on ♥♥♥♥ty times like the Red Dragon event.

Gegoben
05-22-2015, 07:52 PM
This looks awesome, cant wait!

Bankasauras
05-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Will this event have its start time be for NA only. The past events have all had their starting times early in the morning for the other side of the planet.

4am Barrel races here we come.

Kloee
05-22-2015, 07:55 PM
As a west player I could not care less about the hereafter stone cost or the added land trade packs the evil east can run in peace.

Yoru
05-22-2015, 09:06 PM
The official post says "Stylish swimwear, housing decor, and a unique title are all available, plus a selection of stout refreshments and the event’s whimsical star: Carrot Wings, a donkey who dreams of flight."

There's no housing decor options for rewards. Is that a typo or some rewards got forgotten?

Athina
05-23-2015, 06:59 AM
This event seems uninteresting...

BJUmholtz
05-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Awesome.. 30% of the game cant attend still.........

Should've thought of that before you became a dirty pirate. Yarrr.

Pearlshimmer
05-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Is this event one time only or a yearly thing?

willy wanka
05-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Is the swimsuit the one already available on market place or is it a new one ? If so, mind posting some pictures of it ?

Ayugooby
05-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Is the swimsuit the one already available on market place or is it a new one ? If so, mind posting some pictures of it ?

http://i.imgur.com/bWNmVEB.png

these are the outfits. the suits are probably only worth if you're a female, at least top and bottom pieces. unless trion is holding back new images for the tops for males, as it stands, they are all just plain white.

WretchedChild
05-23-2015, 01:41 PM
So An Event thats set in Haranya i see this being a very 1 sided event no pirates gonna be able to compete and also Nuians gonna be at a huge disadvantage

Rookborne and Windscour are gonna be put into peace for the whole event.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zmKW65pWSeRZ6NeykJeWiSyuHeEvBvr8ECSR3VLoBOg/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g31bb488ca_0_0

Jinsky
05-23-2015, 09:50 PM
As a west player I could not care less about the hereafter stone cost or the added land trade packs the evil east can run in peace.

I have one word for you, as well as every other westerner that complains about east being able to run packs. "Halcyona".

KETHVIN
05-24-2015, 12:29 AM
To all the CRY babies in this thread already GROW A PAIR, your fast to ♥♥♥♥♥ when something doesn't benefit you directly or more then everyone else but don't say a word about stuff that does. learn to take the bad with the good. and from what info i've seen around this event it don't matter if your east or west you can participate in it and you can port for free from the west to the east. as for pirates keep on crying! being a pirate is not a benefit of the game its a punishment of the game for being an asswipe. NUFF SAID!

Garfyldt
05-24-2015, 11:02 AM
yippieh.... i hope i will get the flying carrot dash :D
and for my twinky the Cyafin :D

qualme
05-25-2015, 04:24 AM
as for pirates keep on crying! being a pirate is not a benefit of the game its a punishment of the game for being an asswipe. NUFF SAID!

So you like green pirates more than real pirates?
Pirate is not punishment for killing people/robbing/etc because only an idiot wouldn't do the super easy daily quests to remove infamy and crime points.
Being a real pirate is NOT staying green and ninja killing your same alliance for their packs.
Being a real pirate is taking the nerfs and letting everyone know that you are going to pirate.
Being a real pirate is choosing to be ... honest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokQ0_8__ts

Siobhan
05-25-2015, 06:07 AM
Pirate is not punishment for killing people/robbing/etc because only an idiot wouldn't do the super easy daily quests to remove infamy and crime points.
Being a real pirate is NOT staying green and ninja killing your same alliance for their packs.
Being a real pirate is taking the nerfs and letting everyone know that you are going to pirate.

Ironic, eh?

Oh, by the way, not sure how many others remember the reference in your sig, but... WIN!

the silver shadow
05-25-2015, 07:33 AM

i beg to differ. IMO its the east that always gets screwed. sure we have hasla and a fast river but you guys have GHA, the red dragon, that castle in halcyona where all the mobs have a chance to drop black pearl fragments, you just got a new zone which is the only place you can get crayfish, you guys pretty much zerg hasla anyway so saying we have it is a long shot, you guys have your own kraken and a lovely beach to go with it, you have a copy of the mirage isle party boat, you have gillweed, you have an easier time trading because eastern ports are alot easier to get into than western ports, you guys own most of the housing on east, west, and the islands (on my server at least), and not to mention we have to put up with the same faction gankers forestcrow and their 2 alt guilds and pirate allies (also on my server). so dont say you always get screwed just because you dont get an event whos prizes are purely cosmetic or minor in their assistance with gameplay. THE DONKEY CAN'T FLY. so no aerial single pack trade runs for anyone.

notebene
05-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Do you suppose the items are character bound? Probably no chance of me getting the donkey on my main and then using alts to also get me some swim suits?

Noaani
05-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Question about this event;

The in game lore suggests that this is an annual festival/event.

If so, does that mean we will see this same event at around the same time next year, and if so will it have the same token rewards, and the same (or an expanded) list of prizes?

This is a somewhat important question for people that both intend to play this game for a while still, and also are unable to log in enough to run this event every day.

Baseado
05-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Dead Game

Sparse
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM
So as luck would have it, I completely missed out on the cyanfin during the valentines pack cycle. Spent 250 trying to get it, failed, then wasn't present when it was being given out for free. I noticed that cyanfin will be available during this event. However, the cost of it (36 coins) and the cost of the donkey (47 coins) make it impossible to get both with the length of time the event is supposedly going to run (rumors have it at 25 days) due to the fact that only 3 coins a day are obtainable. Are those accurate stats?

Also, RB and WS are in forced peace during the event period from what I hear.

Also also, I second noaani's question shown below.

Question about this event;

The in game lore suggests that this is an annual festival/event.

If so, does that mean we will see this same event at around the same time next year, and if so will it have the same token rewards, and the same (or an expanded) list of prizes?

This is a somewhat important question for people that both intend to play this game for a while still, and also are unable to log in enough to run this event every day.

SirGaric
05-26-2015, 12:45 AM
I have one word for you, as well as every other westerner that complains about east being able to run packs. "Halcyona".

Why do people keep mentioning this as an advantage? If we talk about safe land trade, they are only slightly better than Two Crowns packs.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Malk
05-26-2015, 01:32 AM

My thoughts exactly. When is there going to be more focus on balance? Seems like the East is heavily favored by the developers and as a result, most high end players play on east. It's really messed up that they would do this - There's no balance in it. Why two locations in the same continent. For god sakes why? Does Nuia ever get anything? And don't tell me that we have crim and grimghast - that gets overrun by Harani every single time. The balance in this game is a joke - Y'all should focus on fixing that so that it's actually enjoyable to play any faction and not just Harani.

As it stands, I'm almost forced to make a Harani character if I have any hope of playing the game to its fullest potential -That and cash bought only items. That and the utmost exclusivity of land control, in which people can hoard land and prevent any new comer to get a start. Balance please.

Trenjeska
05-26-2015, 04:30 AM
THE ENTIRE AREA IS AT PEACE....so all you cry babies just quit yer ♥♥♥♥♥in...no one can attack ANYONE...ever at all...at least thats what the dev's say. can port dirrectly to rookborne from the world gate in sandeep for 3 hereafters...its ok u can do it....

Are people that slow on noticing that the red worldgates do not eat up your precious hereafter stones anymore? :) (as it should have been from start!)

Malk
05-26-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm an idiot. I know.

Ninjeff
05-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Why doesnt the event tell you where to go to start it ?

Scrivean
05-26-2015, 12:42 PM
They should have included a 24 hour leader board for times.

AgentRed
05-26-2015, 12:46 PM
So what are thoughts of players putting boats in the river to block people from doing the event?

Hodor69
05-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Scapes loves emergent gameplay so much let's fill that river with merchants, clippers, galleons etc.

Hey you allow harpooning a players' boat in peace zone for the purpose of pulling them to a pvp zone to murder and rob them. So blocking a river is a lesser crime then murder.

Thanks scapes for giving us this emergent gameplay, for enabling every one of these community building, quality well adjusted individuals to act like charles mansion times stalin, and to get away with it.

silvervega
05-26-2015, 03:09 PM

Wtf is it going to be one sided if there is going to be no pking allowed? nonsense. Nuians will be able to participate without any problems.

Scapes
05-26-2015, 03:36 PM
They should have included a 24 hour leader board for times.

I am all for this addition on future events.

So what are thoughts of players putting boats in the river to block people from doing the event?

Scapes loves emergent gameplay so much let's fill that river with merchants, clippers, galleons etc.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?194530-Rum-Runner-Rapids-Event-Strong-Riptide-Notice

Erielle
05-27-2015, 03:35 AM
The official post says "Stylish swimwear, housing decor, and a unique title are all available, plus a selection of stout refreshments and the event’s whimsical star: Carrot Wings, a donkey who dreams of flight."

There's no housing decor options for rewards. Is that a typo or some rewards got forgotten?

I'd also like to know if decor items will be included later. They're not listed with the other rewards at the vendor.

Sparse
05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
This event is all kinds of fun. More like this please.

Debde
05-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Just to let you know. Please tone down all the turning around and so forth on the river. I became motion sick after 4 to 5 times trying to succeed with the quest. I felt like throwing up. This turning around so quick and so on. It needs to be slowed up.

OniStorm
05-28-2015, 06:27 PM

It's in the vending machine at the event. You have about 19 days left to grab 47 tickets I think Give of take one, and can make a max of 3 token a day.

OniStorm
05-28-2015, 06:36 PM
My thoughts exactly. When is there going to be more focus on balance? Seems like the East is heavily favored by the developers and as a result, most high end players play on east. It's really messed up that they would do this - There's no balance in it. Why two locations in the same continent. For god sakes why? Does Nuia ever get anything? And don't tell me that we have crim and grimghast - that gets overrun by Harani every single time. The balance in this game is a joke - Y'all should focus on fixing that so that it's actually enjoyable to play any faction and not just Harani.

As it stands, I'm almost forced to make a Harani character if I have any hope of playing the game to its fullest potential -That and cash bought only items. That and the utmost exclusivity of land control, in which people can hoard land and prevent any new comer to get a start. Balance please.

The event is open to everyone, you are not, I repeat ARE NOT, competing against anyone but yourself and button presses. Anyone of any level can do this. You just need the material for the basic barrel which lasts 30 mins so about 3 runs. The materials are 2 paper and a lumber.

Now for the reason it takes two regions, it's to re-enact a story line of where smugglers used to ride barrels of rum down the river/waterfalls from one region to the other. Simple and not hate guys. Join in and have fun with it, There are people jumping in and out of the place all day long from beginners to maxed toons. It's just a way to play around with something different that has no combat to it.

Finally my last suggestion, leap off one of the waterfalls with a glider and see how far you can make it across the river and regions, my record is three :) Hope you have fun and will give it a try.

Gragor
05-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Sorry, this event was a pretty cool idea, but I hate it. Every time I do it I want to hurl...

MalReynolds
05-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Just to let you know. Please tone down all the turning around and so forth on the river. I became motion sick after 4 to 5 times trying to succeed with the quest. I felt like throwing up. This turning around so quick and so on. It needs to be slowed up.

Same. Made me sick on the first try. This event is more messed up than their last (unkillable dragon who auto-dies after 10 min...brilliant).

OniStorm
05-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I'd also like to know if decor items will be included later. They're not listed with the other rewards at the vendor.

So as luck would have it, I completely missed out on the cyanfin during the valentines pack cycle. Spent 250 trying to get it, failed, then wasn't present when it was being given out for free. I noticed that cyanfin will be available during this event. However, the cost of it (36 coins) and the cost of the donkey (47 coins) make it impossible to get both with the length of time the event is supposedly going to run (rumors have it at 25 days) due to the fact that only 3 coins a day are obtainable. Are those accurate stats?

Also, RB and WS are in forced peace during the event period from what I hear.

Also also, I second noaani's question shown below.

The questions here are all good and valid, I'd like to add one of my own though, are the swimsuits and mounts only available to Patron status players, if so, why wasn't this mentioned in the event advertisement? I'm not a patron (and won't be until I see better game stability) but I have 9 tokens, The swim suit pieces cost 5 tokens. The button to craft does not light up for me on the suit pieces, but I can buy all the drinks I want and the "Barrel Rider" title. Is this purposeful I'm assuming? Considering I've seen patrons running around in shorts or tops.

R3cov3R
05-29-2015, 05:50 PM
this event is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ you got no control on the barrel,and you can't get a ribbon and the camera angle is all over the place so have fun with this crap event!!!

Hauntx
05-29-2015, 11:20 PM
I have heard that you get bonus coins for doing this event multiple days in a row. I only started today and have 8 coins currently. Do I have any chance of getting enough for the donkey before event finishes?

Dolpgirl
05-30-2015, 05:38 AM
To All Who Wants To Know About The Achievements You Get From The Event:

Main Achievement: Watermelon Barrel - 5 River Festival Coins

Main Achievement: Barrel Riding Champion - 5 River Festival Coins
~5 Novice Barrel Rides
~5 Advanced Barrel Rides
~5 Refreshing Propositions
~Wrapped Strawberry Barrel

Asdras
05-30-2015, 10:06 AM
To All Who Wants To Know About The Achievements You Get From The Event:

Main Achievement: Watermelon Barrel - 5 River Festival Coins

Main Achievement: Barrel Riding Champion - 5 River Festival Coins
~5 Novice Barrel Rides
~5 Advanced Barrel Rides
~5 Refreshing Propositions
~Wrapped Strawberry Barrel

What are refreshing propositions?
So basically, you get that achievement after doing it for 5 days?

Dolpgirl
05-30-2015, 12:06 PM
What are refreshing propositions?
So basically, you get that achievement after doing it for 5 days?

Yes, do those 3 quests for 5 days! Its like an extra 5 free tokens for people who don't have Watermelon barrel. Refreshing propositions is the drinking quest.

Ashrahm
05-31-2015, 12:18 PM
how long is the event till?

notebene
05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm at 23 tokens. 5 for making the barrel and 6 days of 3. I didn't get any more tokens for doing it for 5 days. :(

mossside
06-01-2015, 02:20 AM
I was hoping for an actual race.

genbatzu
06-01-2015, 03:30 AM
I'm at 23 tokens. 5 for making the barrel and 6 days of 3. I didn't get any more tokens for doing it for 5 days. :(

craft the strawberry barrel

Kman3773
06-01-2015, 04:23 AM
what time do the quests reset for this thing? I was late gettin to it, and cut to close to get the down syndrome donkey.... so specifically what time for the Aranzeb server do the quests reset? anybody know?

notebene
06-01-2015, 06:03 AM
craft the strawberry barrel

Thanks!

notebene
06-01-2015, 06:20 AM
what time do the quests reset for this thing? I was late gettin to it, and cut to close to get the down syndrome donkey.... so specifically what time for the Aranzeb server do the quests reset? anybody know?

I would suspect they reset at the same time the dailies do, which is (I believe) 5 pm P[D/S]T? (World Time Buddy (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/))

What is a bummer is unless I can sneak one last run in after the reset on the very last day (which, I might), I'll still end up 3 short of being able to get Carrot Top + 2 full swim suits by 3 tokens. Would there be any reason to keep the tokens, would they let it run again at the end of the summer?

Calmethar
06-01-2015, 06:21 AM
@Scapes: Could this event be prolonged for a few days or perhaps a week or two, please?

Drakias
06-01-2015, 10:48 AM
I would suspect they reset at the same time the dailies do, which is (I believe) 5 pm P[D/S]T? (World Time Buddy (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/))

What is a bummer is unless I can sneak one last run in after the reset on the very last day (which, I might), I'll still end up 3 short of being able to get Carrot Top + 2 full swim suits by 3 tokens. Would there be any reason to keep the tokens, would they let it run again at the end of the summer?

I am not sure how the KR/RA version does it but its listed as a seasonal even in achievements. So it would probably be back again next year around the same time.

MrZombie
06-02-2015, 02:28 AM
wait, when's this event ending? I'm confused. I've been doing it every day since the start and still don't have enough for the damned donkey xD

islynelyr
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM

I love this post.

ignitar
06-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Barrels make me woozy.

notebene
06-02-2015, 04:01 PM
While it's 'possible', based on the peace timer for the zones, that I might get 'one' more chance on the last day after the dailies reset to run it in the early evening and get the last 3 tokens I'll need, it would sure be nice to have like 'one' more day to be sure. :)

Saving for donkey and 2 swimming suits. If I can't squeeze one more run in early evening on that final day, I'll be 3 short from being able to complete a second swim suit. :(

islynelyr
06-03-2015, 02:14 AM
did I read right it is closing the 16th? If so - I am not getting donkey :(

notebene
06-03-2015, 03:53 AM
did I read right it is closing the 16th? If so - I am not getting donkey :(

There are 14 days left, so that's 42. You get 5 for crafting the watermelon barrel and you get 5 for doing all the following:

1. craft strawberry barrel (I sold mine on the AH since I crafted the watermelon)
2. 5 daily normal runs
3. 5 daily advanced runs
4. 5 daily beer runs

I think that's it. So that's 52? The donkey is I think forty-something?

Unless you spent some already maybe, or aren't in a position to run every day, then I'm sorry. :(

Drakias
06-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Housing Decor is missing from this event even though its listed in the events page.

Arialun
06-03-2015, 08:44 AM
On this Saturday or Sunday (depends on your timezone), most people who collected the tokens from day 1 will get their Carrot Wings!

Probably going to see a bunch of silly donkeys hovering around the event area this weekend. :D

Nightscream452
06-05-2015, 12:43 PM
4 more days worth of runs and I get my Carrot Wings! :D

Dolpgirl
06-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm still a bit confused... When does this event end exactly? Cause Trino never said an end date, would be nice to know so I can collect all the tokens and grab the gifts at the end!

Plus 1st to get Carrot Wings on Tahyang! <3

Nerrivik
06-12-2015, 03:59 PM
I would also like to know when the event ends :confused:

Got my donkey, now I'm saving my coins to see what else I can get...
I would hate to log in only to find the reward workbench gone, and my coins useless (or gone as well).

Some info on this thread or in-game messaging would be appreciated :D

Scapes
06-12-2015, 04:20 PM
I would also like to know when the event ends

From the latest patch notes:

== EVENTS ==
The Rum Runner Rapids Event comes to Rookborne Basin until 6/16/2015! To get started, visit the event NPCs located in Rookborne Basin just south of Loka's Steps.

Nerrivik
06-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Thank you :D

notebene
06-14-2015, 07:02 AM
From the latest patch notes:

Question: It says 6/16, but doesn't specify a time. The peace time in the zone is all the way until midnight (my time; Pacific). The dailies reset at 5pm my time. So the question is, will the event end right when the dailies roll over on that day, or will we have until midnight, effectively giving us 'one more' time to run the rapids between 5pm and midnight (P[S/D]T)?

Evonne
06-14-2015, 07:35 AM
I would also like to know if we get one more chance on 6/16 after the daily reset, otherwise I am going to be 1 coin short of getting the donkey.

Sake
06-15-2015, 05:36 PM
I'd like to know as well. I just need 3 more coins for the dolphin. Hope the quest resets and we're able to run 1 more tomorrow or no dolphin :(

Scapes
06-15-2015, 05:51 PM
I would also like to know if we get one more chance on 6/16 after the daily reset, otherwise I am going to be 1 coin short of getting the donkey.

Yes, the Festival Period (and event by extension) is scheduled to last for roughly another 30 hours.

sLiDe
06-15-2015, 06:13 PM
need 1 more coin

In game left 22h

so it will be 22h + 30h ?

Mightymark
06-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Please extend the event 3 more days, i'm so close to getting my dolphin . or allow me to take the 9 coins off my alt so i can get it :)

Thank you

Lillangel
06-15-2015, 11:40 PM
So close to getting my Cyanfin ..... couldn't you please extend for a few more day :(

Garfyldt
06-16-2015, 02:28 AM
and next time please tell that the shorts canīt be fusioned with the royals disguised from the shop!

i want to wear this shorts as a costume in the costume slot and not as a armourskin. the shorts i get from the event is ♥♥♥♥ing useless to me.

Huquinho
06-16-2015, 03:08 AM
Scapes you said that the event will last more 30hs, why not just extend to 48 hours? so you would help a lot of people who can not get every day.

Sniperumm
06-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Wha the bench is gone too early :(

Nancha
06-16-2015, 05:08 PM
All the quest objects and givers are gone, I have 2 more coins to get what I want. The map says 8 more hours. Please pinch me from this nightmare!@!! :[

Autumnrain
I have to say, I got excited when I saw I had six hours left to get my last coin in the river event. I stood there at the quest guy for the last hour while I did other stuff. At 7pm my time, which is when the dailies roll over for me, I was standing there ready to get that last coin I needed.
What happens? Oh, everything goes poof. I can't even spend the last two coins I have now. Ugh.

Just sayin', this could have been a little smoother. Thanks for the event, it was fun. But a chance to get that last coin and maybe spend the coins I have on me would have been nice. Sticking them in storage just in case I'm still here next year. *sigh*

sLiDe
WTF he said that festival will last 30h more and bench is gone WTF im asking??? needed only one coin and now i cant even use my 46 coins!!!

Scapes
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Wha the bench is gone too early :(

Indeed it is gone early, the event had another few hours left to go. We're working on a solution to restore it and get players that time back right now.

dhodgie
06-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Indeed it is gone early, the event had another few hours left to go. We're working on a solution to restore it and get players that time back right now.

good good, thought i got screwed outa labor pots

Sake
06-16-2015, 05:14 PM
http://postimg.org/image/axe69vt1n/

So I'm not sure how to feel about what just happened. I've been anxiously waiting for the reset so I could finally get the dolphin and.... the whole event npc's and buildings disappear in front of my eyes. It clearly shows on the map there was time left for the event. I only needed 3 coins. Now I'm stuck with 33 coins in my bag that are pretty much worthless. Why you do this? :(

Nishieda
06-16-2015, 05:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I32buMl.png

Dracul
06-16-2015, 05:16 PM

Thank you. I had so many coins left.

Blutklinge
06-16-2015, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I32buMl.png

Trion pls

http://i57.tinypic.com/t5rjtw.jpg

Sake
06-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Thank you. It made me sad knowing I tried so hard to save the coins only to not be able to get my last 3 for that dolphin x.x

Tyrosien
06-16-2015, 05:19 PM

Thank you. Many of us are one run away from our target goal.

Jaradis
06-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Put the reward vendor in Mirage, and leave it there for at least a week or two.

Scapes
06-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Trion pls

http://i57.tinypic.com/t5rjtw.jpg

Working on it right now!

The Rum Runner Rapids event was scheduled to end in about eight hours but has concluded a bit earlier than announced. While the NPCs have despawned, the festival status of Rookborne Basin and Windscour Savannah is still ticking down correctly. We're working on restoring the event workbench on all servers right now.

We'll keep you updated as to our progress in making sure players get to enjoy the event to its fullest and, most importantly, get to redeem the coins they've collected. Thanks for your patience!

sLiDe
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
It will be restored before eu maintenance? need only 1 coin :(

kaney
06-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Working on it right now!

they will finish before? or they'll put back to work and back to the npc quest. many lack one token .... sad we would be waiting for nothing. All work would be a waste

WorkTech only seriously .... I'm really upset that still faltanban hours to finish the event.

Sake
06-16-2015, 06:13 PM
They only put the workbench up :(

Autumnrain
06-16-2015, 06:36 PM
I needed one more coin for the title. I used my others to get the donkey. *le sigh*

Autumnrain
06-16-2015, 06:38 PM
I would have sworn that it was the EVENT that was being restored. We were assured that we had one more round of quests to do, so those of us who had 3 or less coins to go for whatever felt confident in getting that last bit for our goal.

Having the bench is nice and all, but seriously, timing is important. Your promises and assurances are important. Some of us are time restricted by real life matters. I was counting on this last day, this last few hours after the daily reset.

Meh. Par for the course at this point. The event was fun, I'll give you that. Right up my alley for the way an event should be. I just like to be sure of the timing of things because I schedule *everything*.

Pyrotech
06-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Trion Please. are you still working on getting the event back up? Or are you just gonna leave it at the bench? some of us are holding onto our tokens till the last minute to make sure.

Scapes
06-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Posted a reply about this in a similar thread:

I'm sorry that the event's duration wasn't more apparent. While the festival timer on the in-game map read out a certain deadline, the event itself was slated to end at 5:00 PM PDT which is the reset time of many recurring mechanics in ArcheAge. Despite the workbench disappearing before the festival status ended, the event itself ran for the announced three weeks. It's also worth noting that Carrot Wings, the big prize of this event, could be earned with only 64% of the potential total coins (16 days or even less with the achievement rewards).

That said, we're already communicating the need for more absolute start and end times in our patch notes from XLGAMES (this weekend's event, Loyalty to the Land (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/06/16/loyalty-to-the-land-event-june-19-22/), demonstrates this change). The reason we hold these events is for everyone to enjoy them, not to cause surprises like this. Moving forward, we'll be posting the exact times as received from the developers in addition to the dates so players can plan accordingly.

kaney
06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
they're not going to put back the npc .. tnks ArcheAge

Sake
06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
I just wanted the dolphin but like with many others, real life events made it impossible to get the 3 coins needed. So much heartache right now :(

Blutklinge
06-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Scapes, couldn't you guys simply mail those last three festival tokens to everyone that participated? Everyone would end up happy, it wouldn't hurt the game's balance or anything and it would make you guys look nice, and comprehensive.
I mean, after all, it was your guys' mistake not to make the festival period timer reflect the actual duration of the event or specify that it would end before it expired.

kaney
06-16-2015, 07:30 PM
that would be the best thing that could happen .nice idea blu.

sLiDe
06-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Yes, the Festival Period (and event by extension) is scheduled to last for roughly another 30 hours.

Where are those 30h ? why u lie??? ive calculated everything and now ive got 46coins only 1 needed for carrot wings

very ♥♥♥♥ing thanks TRINO

Chua
06-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Hello!
First: thx for the event! It was fun!
Please bring back the workbench of this event!
I still have coins and i heard other guys saying the same.
Thanks in advance.